Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:36:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58411 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:32:15 PM

Mother of God. I can literally pull money from my bank account and convert that money to Bitcoins in the same building. And that building is just two blocks away from where I live.

I never thought that I would see the day...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

This is seriously awesome. I wonder how long the establishment will tolerate you leveraging their ancient and hard won infrastructure to beat them at their own corrupt game.

Smiley
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:41:54 PM

Is it me, or has it just become easier to do a money transfer through Bitinstant with BTC than it is through Western Union with USD?
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:43:05 PM

Here is what I did.
I went to bitinstant.com and followed the screens through trustcash.com. After printing my payment slip I drove it to the nearest location (Wells Fargo). I gave them the exact amount for the transfer, and after a few puzzled looks from the teller she did the transfer.
That was at 2:05pm. I will update this post when the cash arrives.

EDIT: BAM! 2:19pm and I'm in the money. No ID, no delay, no hassles. This is how I will get coins in the future.

Now this kind of thing is why we do what we do, thanks for the business Smiley

With regards to some of the misc bugs people have reported, most have been patched now, as you can probably imagine demand for a new service can be very high and we sometimes get a few glitches popping up. If anyone finds any issues that haven't been resolved already please email support@bitinstant.com and provide as much detail as possible. We're famous now for our rapid support responses.
Trader Steve

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:51:12 PM

Here is what I did.
I went to bitinstant.com and followed the screens through trustcash.com. After printing my payment slip I drove it to the nearest location (Wells Fargo). I gave them the exact amount for the transfer, and after a few puzzled looks from the teller she did the transfer.

EDIT: BAM! 2:19pm and I'm in the money. No ID, no delay, no hassles. This is how I will get coins in the future.

With regards to some of the misc bugs people have reported, most have been patched now, as you can probably imagine demand for a new service can be very high and we sometimes get a few glitches popping up. If anyone finds any issues that haven't been resolved already please email support@bitinstant.com and provide as much detail as possible. We're famous now for our rapid support responses.

You still need something next to the "Cash Deposit" default option to let people know that there are multiple choices for cash deposit - many people won't know to click the down arrow to see their choices. How about "Select One" or "Cash Deposit - Select One"? They might just leave the "Cash Deposit" field in the default position without specifying. Maybe you could have a prompt for them if they don't make a specific selection?
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:53:54 PM

Here is what I did.

You still need something next to the "Cash Deposit" default option to let people know that there are multiple choices for cash deposit - many people won't know to click the down arrow to see their choices. How about "Select One" or "Cash Deposit - Select One"? They might just leave the "Cash Deposit" field in the default position without specifying. Maybe you could have a prompt for them if they don't make a specific selection?

About to change this now
Trader Steve

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:59:47 PM

Maybe put the "go" button first so you don't have to scroll down to find it. Maybe slightly bigger too (not as big as the giant green button you had before - but green is still a good color):

weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:04:20 PM

I used the service and bitinstant's part of it was very fast. I think less than 5 minutes from the time I got my reference # from the cashier to the time the funds were in my mtgox account.

At CVS where I went, the moneygram part of the process had a small learning curve. When I got there, the cashier looked at it for a moment, tried to pull up the transaction and said to use the red moneygram phone. This phone has a kiosk # that moneygram uses to put the transaction on the store's list of active transactions. Moneygram asked for my name and address and the receive number and activated the transaction so the cashier could see it. I then went to the cashier who checked my id. So not really anonymous but then again once I have coins I guess it's up to me how anonymous I want to be in spending.

The amount was a little confusing because zipzap adds $3.95 but also writes the original amount that I typed into Bitinstant. Out of mutual caution between myself and the cashier we decided to go for the full amount. I'm not sure what would happen if we went for the original amount. Either way I knew I needed to pay the leave the store minus the full amount with fee included.

So I would probably use the bank deposit feature if possible but for folks in the boonies who had to previously buy a moneypak and go on -otc this is going to reduce the hassle quite a bit.

I plan to keep this USD as a balance to use to pay for things with BTC as needed. Like hosting, tchotchkies, bounties, and little gigs.
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:06:33 PM

Hi,

1- Why not publish boleto fee on quote cash transaction window?
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:07:13 PM

Maybe put the "go" button first so you don't have to scroll down to find it. Maybe slightly bigger too (not as big as the giant green button you had before - but green is still a good color):

Will need to look at a few other design changes on that quote page too so this might not happen straight away.

Thanks for the feedback
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:07:22 PM

I then went to the cashier who checked my id. So not really anonymous but then again once I have coins I guess it's up to me how anonymous I want to be in spending.

IIRC Moneygram asks ID for tx over a certain threshold.  The cashier is just playing "dumb robot".  The terminal either asks for ID and he/she enters it or it doesn't.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:08:52 PM

Hi,

1- Why not publish boleto fee on quote cash transaction window?

Generally we don't know the fees charged after it gets passed to zipzap but I will ask them about how to obtain this data.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:10:58 PM

I used the service and bitinstant's part of it was very fast. I think less than 5 minutes from the time I got my reference # from the cashier to the time the funds were in my mtgox account.

At CVS where I went, the moneygram part of the process had a small learning curve. When I got there, the cashier looked at it for a moment, tried to pull up the transaction and said to use the red moneygram phone. This phone has a kiosk # that moneygram uses to put the transaction on the store's list of active transactions. Moneygram asked for my name and address and the receive number and activated the transaction so the cashier could see it. I then went to the cashier who checked my id. So not really anonymous but then again once I have coins I guess it's up to me how anonymous I want to be in spending.

The amount was a little confusing because zipzap adds $3.95 but also writes the original amount that I typed into Bitinstant. Out of mutual caution between myself and the cashier we decided to go for the full amount. I'm not sure what would happen if we went for the original amount. Either way I knew I needed to pay the leave the store minus the full amount with fee included.

So I would probably use the bank deposit feature if possible but for folks in the boonies who had to previously buy a moneypak and go on -otc this is going to reduce the hassle quite a bit.

I plan to keep this USD as a balance to use to pay for things with BTC as needed. Like hosting, tchotchkies, bounties, and little gigs.

My guess is if you paid the lower amount the transaction wouldn't be automatically detected and we'd need to manually clear it for you.
Trader Steve

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:12:55 PM

Will need to look at a few other design changes on that quote page too so this might not happen straight away.

Thanks for the feedback

Excellent! Eliminating the need to scroll down in order to find the "go" button would be nice because it is not currently intuitive (or easy) for the uninitiated to figure out what to do next.
Trader Steve

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:35:20 PM

When a customer selects "bitcoin to email" the screen should automatically change from this:

To this:

Currently, it is only changed AFTER the customer starts entering data and then it asks for a different data set.

Also, "Email address or mobile number" should be changed to "Destination email address or mobile number"

And lastly, did you do away with the "notification email address" or is that entered somewhere else now?

BTW, great job!

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:21:07 PM

When a customer selects "bitcoin to email" the screen should automatically change from this:

To this:

Currently, it is only changed AFTER the customer starts entering data and then it asks for a different data set.

Also, "Email address or mobile number" should be changed to "Destination email address or mobile number"

And lastly, did you do away with the "notification email address" or is that entered somewhere else now?

BTW, great job!

Working on that one, the notification email address is now the sole field for bitcoin to email (destination account is actually ignored for that one).
teste

Activity: 312

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:31:02 PM

1- Hi, why do I still see the message of 1 dollar fee for payment service?
If I go to buy 100 dollars, the quote cash window say I'll receive 95,1. Should be 96,1

2- I think the boleto fee of 3,95 dollar very expensive. Is anything being done to have a cheaper fee?
Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:38:32 PM

We just came from Walmart Puerto Rico. By the time we drove back home our transaction was complete.

This news from Charlie Shrem was the fresh air this community needed after all the bad taste others have left us. Charlie 1+

Maria.

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:42:12 PM

1- Hi, why do I still see the message of 1 dollar fee for payment service?
This was an oversight - the old cash quote page was used as a template

If I go to buy 100 dollars, the quote cash window say I'll receive 95,1. Should be 96,1
Is this on the homepage or after clicking the "send funds" button and getting the quote page?

2- I think the boleto fee of 3,95 dollar very expensive. Is anything being done to have a cheaper fee?
We are always trying to negotiate better fees with our partners, but as our relationship with zipzap has just started they may not be willing to lower fees just yet and some fees may be outside of both their and our control.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:47:10 PM

Very cool!  I'm going to have to give this a try just to give this a try, then promote it to other people.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: