Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58411 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 01:09:05 PM

At the bottom of the BitInstant page is the message:
"Temporary issues with our "bitcoin to email" service"

Does that mean don't choose that option, or just that there could be issues if you do?

We had a small issue with it, its fixed now and gonna change the message now. Thanks for pointing it out

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 01:10:52 PM

Your spinning flash thingy at the bottom still says Bitcoinica. Also, none of them do anything when you click them, should either make them open an associated page in a new tab, or else change the cursor to a standard one and not a hand.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 01:15:03 PM

At the bottom of the BitInstant page is the message:
"Temporary issues with our "bitcoin to email" service"

Does that mean don't choose that option, or just that there could be issues if you do?

We had a small issue with it, its fixed now and gonna change the message now. Thanks for pointing it out

Thank You Charlie for sharing a Beer with us!! You are a great guy!! Viva Bitinstant.com

Maria.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 03:31:12 PM

Your spinning flash thingy at the bottom still says Bitcoinica. Also, none of them do anything when you click them, should either make them open an associated page in a new tab, or else change the cursor to a standard one and not a hand.

I did not remove Bitcoinica as they have told us they plan on reopening once they return all funds.

Yup, I agree.

We are fixing up the How it Works page right now, so will fix that right after

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 06:09:27 PM

Would there be a URL that would cause the page to load with the country already selected?

E.g., If I would llke to give the URL to someone from Brazil, I want them to see Boleto automatically on the drop-down.

Some will get confused after loading the site and not see any payment method they are familiar, not realizing they can use BitInstant just by clicking on the icon for their country.

e.g.,   http://BitInstant.com/br   or http://BitInstant.com/?country=br

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 06:53:45 PM

Would there be a URL that would cause the page to load with the country already selected?

E.g., If I would llke to give the URL to someone from Brazil, I want them to see Boleto automatically on the drop-down.

Some will get confused after loading the site and not see any payment method they are familiar, not realizing they can use BitInstant just by clicking on the icon for their country.

e.g.,   http://BitInstant.com/br   or http://BitInstant.com/?country=br

Good idea.

I can go a step further and add on an HTTP header location lookup so if their browser allows, it can load Brazil default.

Already the Zipzap page does this.

Thanks

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 07:57:45 PM

Sorry If I just made a silly mistake and dont understand but, I feel like this process could be much more straight forward...

I want to make a deposit at CVS.  I chose CVS to Mtgox filled in my information and hit "Send funds" (Very strange language to be at this step)
Then after hitting another ambiguous button "GO" I am brought to a new web page.
ZipZap... I thought zipzap was another different payment method... I wanted to do a cash deposit...
Furthermore the ZipZap page I was directed to doesn't list CVS as an available 'Payment Center'
I have not filled out anything on the ZipZap page as of now.

At this point Im not sure If I have created an order with you guys or what the status of my "Order" is.

So help?  Will choosing Walmart deposit also direct me to ZipZap? Does ZipZap charge a fee on top of the fees listed on your site?  At what point have I created an 'order' with you, at which point I would be required to go deposit money?
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 08:12:30 PM

Sorry If I just made a silly mistake and dont understand but, I feel like this process could be much more straight forward...

I want to make a deposit at CVS.  I chose CVS to Mtgox filled in my information and hit "Send funds" (Very strange language to be at this step)
Then after hitting another ambiguous button "GO" I am brought to a new web page.
ZipZap... I thought zipzap was another different payment method... I wanted to do a cash deposit...
Furthermore the ZipZap page I was directed to doesn't list CVS as an available 'Payment Center'
I have not filled out anything on the ZipZap page as of now.

At this point Im not sure If I have created an order with you guys or what the status of my "Order" is.

So help?  Will choosing Walmart deposit also direct me to ZipZap? Does ZipZap charge a fee on top of the fees listed on your site?  At what point have I created an 'order' with you, at which point I would be required to go deposit money?

Hey,

You are over thinking it.

It works the same way our cash bank deposits work.

Simple enter your MtGox account, the amount, and email address and create a quote. On the next confirmation page hit Go and it will take you to our partner zipzap.

Simply generate a slip at any of the locations and as soon as you make the deposit, within minutes your funds will be at MtGox.

Feel free to have one of our support staff walk you thru it 716-712-4846 or support@bitinstant.com

We are working on some 'How it Works' PDF's which we can link to

Thanks

Charlie

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:16:00 PM

Thanks for the reply.  This is my first time using your service.

I think it would be great to change the button from saying "send funds" to "get quote".  That send funds button scares me.

So to confirm, I can only deposit at one of the "Payment Center" locations that show up on the zip zap page?

Edit: Also videos are better than PDF's.  But PDF's showing screenshots of the whole process is better than nothing. Smiley
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:21:17 PM

Yeah I can see where confusion would set it for a new user. No user that I know of does a lot of reading before poking buttons, so what I would suggest is that you use the above suggestion to call the button "get quote" or something like that, and perhaps a popup help tip that tells the user they will be redirected to the ZipZap site to complete the transaction.

It's a shame that there isn't a way to make it completely integrated so no one ever leaves the Bitinstant site. That would be totally the best solution, but I'm assuming the only reason you haven't done that is because ZipZap won't let you.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:23:15 PM

Yeah I can see where confusion would set it for a new user. No user that I know of does a lot of reading before poking buttons, so what I would suggest is that you use the above suggestion to call the button "get quote" or something like that, and perhaps a popup help tip that tells the user they will be redirected to the ZipZap site to complete the transaction.

It's a shame that there isn't a way to make it completely integrated so no one ever leaves the Bitinstant site. That would be totally the best solution, but I'm assuming the only reason you haven't done that is because ZipZap won't let you.

Yeah I didnt want to start clicking buttons labled "send funds" before I knew what I was doing... but I sort of had to.  Also I had no idea I would be re directed to ZipZap.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 08:26:36 PM

Thanks for the reply.  This is my first time using your service.

I think it would be great to change the button from saying "send funds" to "get quote".  That send funds button scares me.

So to confirm, I can only deposit at one of the "Payment Center" locations that show up on the zip zap page?

Edit: Also videos are better than PDF's.  But PDF's showing screenshots of the whole process is better than nothing. Smiley

Pleasure! And thank you for the suggestions.

I agree with the text change, we will discuss it today and come up with the best text but I like 'Get Quote'

You can deposit at any of them! However, if you choose Moneygram is has to be a MG location. If you choose 7-11 it has to be a 7-11 location.
You can see ALL locations here: https://www.cashpayment.com/#paymentcenters

I agree, video's are a tad more expensive. We had a cool video maker at the office the other day, so we should knock out a deal hopefully within a few days.

Great minds think alike!

The reason we haven't done the complete white label integration is because it would have delayed the launch a few weeks for extra development.
We wanted Bitcoiners to utilize new locations as fast as possible. We're working on it as we speak.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Charlie

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:53:01 PM

Support phone number goes to a google voicemail box.

Edit: I hope its not costing anyone anything for me to be creating lots of "payment slips" I never intend on paying...
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 09:04:44 PM

Edit: I hope its not costing anyone anything for me to be creating lots of "payment slips" I never intend on paying...

We were on the phone when you called. Email support is MUCH faster, only use phone is its an emergency please as we have limited lines.

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 09:49:13 PM

We were on the phone when you called. Email support is MUCH faster, only use phone is its an emergency please as we have limited lines.

Email support was VERY quick.  And although I had much confusion in my experience, I had $$ sitting in my MtGox account before I got home from the store.

Another thing I was annoyed by was the addition of the moneygram fee.  It would be nice on the quote page to have an asterisk* saying that an additional Moneygram fee may apply if the deposit location you choose utilizes moneygram.  Or something like that with better wording Wink
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 11:41:59 PM

Another thing I was annoyed by was the addition of the moneygram fee.  It would be nice on the quote page to have an asterisk* saying that an additional Moneygram fee may apply if the deposit location you choose utilizes moneygram.  Or something like that with better wording Wink

I dont know that that is exactly the case.. I had opted for "bitcoins-to-email" and used the red money gram phone at my local albertson's super market. I was not charged a convenience fee.. Both me and the cashier were suprised there was no convenience fee  but everything went through super fast. Bitcoins arrived in my inbox within 2 minutes.

siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:09:36 PM

I think that you should make the bitinstant website more mobile friendly. Maybe create a bitinstant app for android or something. I tried to make an order from my smartphone and could not fill the form to generate the payment. It would be perfect if i could make the order from my phone right at walmart and just use the numbers in the zipzap receipt to fill the moneygram slip and receive the funds instantly on my Mtgox mobile app.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 05:36:32 PM

I think that you should make the bitinstant website more mobile friendly. Maybe create a bitinstant app for android or something. I tried to make an order from my smartphone and could not fill the form to generate the payment. It would be perfect if i could make the order from my phone right at walmart and just use the numbers in the zipzap receipt to fill the moneygram slip and receive the funds instantly on my Mtgox mobile app.

1 day at a time my friend, 1 day at a time.

This is in development!

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 05:57:36 PM

@Yankee . You are going to get rich off this.  Kiss

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 06:10:58 PM

I love you guys, and hope you're being wildly successful... but:

Plugging in "Deposit $200, get $192" for a cash deposit and then finding out I'll actually have to bring $204.95 or $201.58 because of an extra third-party processing fee feels like bait-and-switch to me. Don't you know in advance how much the payment processors will charge?  Does it vary based on location or something?

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: