Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:32:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58411 times)
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

On quote page

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jco

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 11:04:11 PM

Wow.  Perfect service.  Went through CVS and paid the 3.95 moneygram fee and received my bitcoins via email almost instantly.  Highly recommend.  This dude's about to get lots of my money
siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 11:08:44 PM

ok, i just made the payment at walmart money center using the blue money gram slip. This is what Puerto Rico needed!! thanks a lot! i think the community will grow here.
Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 11:18:22 PM

ok, i just made the payment at walmart money center using the blue money gram slip. This is what Puerto Rico needed!! thanks a lot! i think the community will grow here.

PUERTO RICO NUMERO #1 PUñETAAAA!!

Carolina en la casa!!!

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 11:59:28 PM

PUERTO RICO NUMERO #1 PUñETAAAA!!

Carolina en la casa!!!

Your welcome Smiley

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:01:48 AM

Congratulations to Charlie and the rest of the BitInstant Team!  If you've never used BitInstant, you should give it shot.  It is, by far, the easiest and fastest way to convert cash to coins.  Go BitInstant!

Also, for those in the US who may not be aware... you don't have to physically go to one of their participating locations if you have an account with one of the 4 banks they support.  If you have a Chase account, you can make your deposit online by initiating a funds transfer from your account to the account # listed on the invoice.  Same for BOA, Wells Fargo, and Citi.  

I tried to transfer from BOA online and it asked for a recipient zip code (which is unprovided) and wouldn't allow commas or periods in the name of the recipient which was supposedly TCASH ADS, Inc.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:16:51 AM

Congratulations to Charlie and the rest of the BitInstant Team!  If you've never used BitInstant, you should give it shot.  It is, by far, the easiest and fastest way to convert cash to coins.  Go BitInstant!

Also, for those in the US who may not be aware... you don't have to physically go to one of their participating locations if you have an account with one of the 4 banks they support.  If you have a Chase account, you can make your deposit online by initiating a funds transfer from your account to the account # listed on the invoice.  Same for BOA, Wells Fargo, and Citi.  

I tried to transfer from BOA online and it asked for a recipient zip code (which is unprovided) and wouldn't allow commas or periods in the name of the recipient which was supposedly TCASH ADS, Inc.

Officially that's not supported, but you could try skipping the comma and using these details for the address:
http://www.trustcash.com/contact-us/
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 12:18:41 AM

Love the new avatar btw

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

bb113

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:25:51 AM

Officially that's not supported, but you could try skipping the comma and using these details for the address:
http://www.trustcash.com/contact-us/

Didn't work. The error message said they couldn't match the account info. There was also this note (not specific to the error):

Note: Business accounts and Military Bank customer accounts cannot be set up to receive funds.

bb113

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:26:46 AM

Love the new avatar btw

Phinneaus gave me guff for not having one, so... there it is. It was awhile ago though.
bb113

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:33:41 AM

Love the new avatar btw

Phinneaus gave me guff for not having one, so... there it is. It was awhile ago though.

Unless you thought I was him because you just checked the avatar haha.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 12:36:26 AM

Love the new avatar btw

Unless you thought I was him because you just checked the avatar haha.

^ true story  Cool

bearbones

Activity: 316

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 12:36:58 AM

Didn't work. The error message said they couldn't match the account info. There was also this note (not specific to the error):

Note: Business accounts and Military Bank customer accounts cannot be set up to receive funds.

Bank fail.

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:10:06 AM

One word: Awesome!

I simply had to try this out, so here is my review.

Step 1: On The Web
- Went to bitinstant.com
- Chose Cash --> CVS to MtGox
- Entered my mtgox account number (you can see it when logging into mtgox, I think you can use your mtgox username as well)
- Entered 100 USD
- Entered my email address
- web page says: You Receive 96.01 USD
- Click Send funds
- You get to review what you entered
- Click Go!
- I get redirected to https://www.cashpayment.com/Public/CashOrder, where my current location is prefilled (in my case Mountain View CA) and I see a map with 14 stores within 5 miles.
- I chose CVS at 850 California Street
- Click Create Payment Slip, and my browser downloads a pfd file, which i print out

This took about 1 minute

The 1 page document contains the address of the store, some instructions, a bunch of labeled numbers, and some logos. It occurs to me that I have to pay USD 103.95 for my USD 100 transfer.

Step 2: At The Store
- The instructions mention a red phone... In the store there happens to be a red phone... I pick it up
- The phone auto dials a number and I get connected to a robo-voice asking me to enter a number which I find on the table next to the phone. Now it knows which store I am in.
- The robo-voice asks a number of questions (don't remember the exact order), and I specify that I want to pay a bill by typing on the phone, enter the amount to pay (103.95 from the pdf), enter the receive code 9611 (from the pdf), and eventually I am told that I will get redirected to a human.
- This never happens, and after a minute or so I hang up and start over.
- I go through the process again, and this time I get connected to an operator.
- I confirm the amount to pay, tell the account number (from the pdf), tell my name and address.
- The operator says that I am all set, and can go to the counter in the store and say that I want to make an express payment.
- At the counter I say that I want to do an express payment using Money Gram.
- She asks what the amount is and what my name is, and asks for ID.
- I show her my Danish drivers license. She briefly looks at it and I pay her USD 104 and get back my 5 cents and a receipt.

This took about 5 minutes

Step 3: After Math
- I receive an email from support@bitinstant.com shortly after. Actually the time on my receipt says 4:03 PM and I received the email 4:02. That's really fast  Wink The mail confirms that I have received USD 95.01 in my mtgox account.
- Logging into my mtgox account I find USD 96.01 there, and since I am pretty sure that I did not have any funds there I guess that the email should have said USD 96.01 instead of 95.01.
- Anyway... I purchase BTC 18.69981974 and send them to my wallet.

This took about 1 minute

All in all I paid USD 103.95 for USD 96.01 worth of BTC at the current market price.

Will I do it again?
Absolutely

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Narydu
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 02:35:39 AM

There is a russian kiwi netwotk in argentina...

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 02:39:28 AM

There is a russian kiwi netwotk in argentina...

Really? Can you try it out? Im eager to know if that will work

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:08:55 AM

This is so good!  We need it in Australia!  Grin

One off NP-Hard.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:24:53 AM

All in all I paid USD 103.95 for USD 96.01 worth of BTC at the current market price.

Will I do it again?
Absolutely

When is it ~7%? Is it always ~4% in US?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:29:27 AM

Will I do it again?
Absolutely

When is it ~7%? Is it always ~4% in US?

It's always 3.99% but for some transfers (Moneygram I believe) Zipzap charges an extra $3.95

teste

Activity: 312

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:49:51 AM

So why on Brazil don't you use moneygram instead of  zipzap?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: