Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:13:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58411 times)
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:40:21 AM

I was initially excited at the prospect of buying bitcoins at walmart, but if an ID is required, my enthusiasm is dampened.

Do all these CVS/walmart/7-11 type services require ID?

Does bitinstant accept cash-in-the-mail or money orders?

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:57:01 AM

I was initially excited at the prospect of buying bitcoins at walmart, but if an ID is required, my enthusiasm is dampened.

No id is needed to deposit.  Only if you screw up and send $100 instead of $103.95.  zipzap will reject and then you have to call moneygram to get your money back.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 05:02:34 AM

No id is needed to deposit.  Only if you screw up and send $100 instead of $103.95.  zipzap will reject and then you have to call moneygram to get your money back.

There is a small issue with Zipzap's system at the moment. Some vendors are screwing up in the process.

I assure you this glitch is a temporary one and will be sorted within a few days.

Specifically, this is reference to the connivence fee. We've had a majority of successful payments, this is a rare issue.

If you have any issues, please email support@bitinstant.com with 24/7 service as soon as possible or call our local ny number.

Thanks!

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 06:33:49 AM

From my experience with using the service at CVS:
When i do my registration of the payment with the "red phone" at CVS I tell some operator that i want to transfer some money to some account. I tell my name/address to the operator. After that i go to the counter to do the payment. They ask for ID to make sure that I am doing the right payment, and not the payment of some other random guy. This is for my protection. They just make sure that the names match. The clerk has no idea that this is a bitcoin purchase. So this is just plain pattern matching. Put away your tilfoil hats.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 07:11:21 AM

connivence fee.

connivance
(redirected from connivence)

The furtive consent of one person to cooperate with another in the commission of an unlawful act or crime

Well that certainly doesn't sound good!

Tongue

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 07:26:13 AM

connivence fee.

connivance
(redirected from connivence)

The furtive consent of one person to cooperate with another in the commission of an unlawful act or crime

Well that certainly doesn't sound good!

Tongue

I suppose it is better than no consent at all!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:25:23 PM

I did my transfer via western union and showed no ID.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:53:50 PM

I'm very surprised you support Brazil. From my understanding their tax system and regulations are complex.

http://www.doingbusiness.org/~/media/fpdkm/doing%20business/documents/annual-reports/english/db12-fullreport.pdf

I'm curious... Who is bitinstant? Did you have a great deal of experience in this business (transfering money) before you started bitinstant? Is bitinstant the same people as Trade Hill?
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 05:40:46 PM

I'm very surprised you support Brazil. From my understanding their tax system and regulations are complex.

http://www.doingbusiness.org/~/media/fpdkm/doing%20business/documents/annual-reports/english/db12-fullreport.pdf

I'm curious... Who is bitinstant? Did you have a great deal of experience in this business (transfering money) before you started bitinstant? Is bitinstant the same people as Trade Hill?

Hey,

No, we are not the same people as TradeHill. We have been around for about a year.

Here is more info about us https://www.bitinstant.com/aboutus

To answer your question, yes I come from an economics and financial background with a degree in both. Every country we support we are in accordance with taxes and regulation.

Everyone in this forum knows us.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 05:54:39 PM

Hey,

No, we are not the same people as TradeHill. We have been around for about a year.

To answer your question, yes I come from an economics and financial background with a degree in both. Every country we support we are in accordance with taxes and regulation.

-Charlie

Sorry, I ask not because I am skeptical, but because you are setting a very good example for the rest of community.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 06:43:57 PM

Hey,

-Charlie

Sorry, I ask not because I am skeptical, but because you are setting a very good example for the rest of community.

No reason to apologize  Smiley I like when people are skeptical

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:42:49 AM

No id is needed to deposit.  Only if you screw up and send $100 instead of $103.95.  zipzap will reject and then you have to call moneygram to get your money back.

There is a small issue with Zipzap's system at the moment. Some vendors are screwing up in the process.

I assure you this glitch is a temporary one and will be sorted within a few days.

Specifically, this is reference to the connivence fee. We've had a majority of successful payments, this is a rare issue.

If you have any issues, please email support@bitinstant.com with 24/7 service as soon as possible or call our local ny number.

Thanks!

Charlie

Charlie,

I think that there is a huge issue with Zipzap's system, not small.

Bitinstant is fine but, Zipzap does NOT have identified two of my payments, executed day 24... The money isn't in my bank account anymore, since day 24, of course... And Bitinstant does not receive anything from Zipzap yet...

Also, Zipzap tells me by e-mail, on day 25, that my two "boletos" was expired! And I have the payment vouchers in hands... So, not identifying two payments is a huge issue, at least for me, it is...

Anyway, the Bitinstant support (Charlie) is working with me to solve this and nothing bad will happen, I'm sure.

Keep the good work @ Bitinstant!

Can I try it again tomorrow?! Making a new Zipzap "boleto"?

I hope Zipzap works this time. Charlie, do you think that it is safe to use Zipzap again? Or it is better to wait a couple days?!

Also, Bitinstant is doing a "lowercase" at the string of the destination account logins!! If the exchange require a "case sensitive" login to identify its users, this will be a problem too.

Best,
Thiago
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 01:59:12 AM

Thanks!

Charlie

Charlie,

I think that there is a huge issue with Zipzap's system, not small.

Bitinstant is fine but, Zipzap does NOT have identified two of my payments, executed day 24... The money isn't in my bank account anymore, since day 24, of course... And Bitinstant does not receive anything from Zipzap yet...

Also, Zipzap tells me by e-mail, on day 25, that my two "boletos" was expired! And I have the payment vouchers in hands... So, not identifying two payments is a huge issue, at least for me, it is...

Anyway, the Bitinstant support (Charlie) is working with me to solve this and nothing bad will happen, I'm sure.

Keep the good work @ Bitinstant!

Can I try it again tomorrow?! Making a new Zipzap "boleto"?

I hope Zipzap works this time. Charlie, do you think that it is safe to use Zipzap again? Or it is better to wait a couple days?!

Also, Bitinstant is doing a "lowercase" at the string of the destination account logins!! If the exchange require a "case sensitive" login to identify its users, this will be a problem too.

Best,
Thiago

Thiago,

Yes, it is a small problem because it is only effecting some Boleto orders, including yours.

You made the transfer Thursday evening, and now its a holiday weekend so a bit of bad luck.

Like I said, your situation is under control. Feel free to make a new Boleto tomorrow.

Thanks

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:57:31 AM

Thiago,

Yes, it is a small problem because it is only effecting some Boleto orders, including yours.

You made the transfer Thursday evening, and now its a holiday weekend so a bit of bad luck.

Like I said, your situation is under control. Feel free to make a new Boleto tomorrow.

Thanks

Okay Charlie! I know that was a bid of bad luck... No problem... I trust you.
Tomorrow morning I'll try it again!
Thank you!

-
 Thiago
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 03:30:22 AM

Thiago,

Thanks

Okay Charlie! I know that was a bid of bad luck... No problem... I trust you.
Tomorrow morning I'll try it again!
Thank you!

-
 Thiago

Cool

I am speaking with Boleto right now, trying to get the issue resolved.

Will update you soon

Charlie

jco

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:23:04 PM

I've made several purchases via CVS moneygram -> bitcoin to e-mail, and I've never had to show any I.D.  The person on the phone does ask for my information however (name, address, and phone number).
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 03:12:59 PM

I've made several purchases via CVS moneygram -> bitcoin to e-mail, and I've never had to show any I.D.  The person on the phone does ask for my information however (name, address, and phone number).

Yup!

Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 07:49:34 PM

After a couple failed attempts (problems on my side), I just successfully did cash->bitcoins via email.

I paid the cashier $500 USD and by the time I had walked out to get back on my motorcycle, I received an email from coinapult that my Bitcoins were ready to pickup.

Overall, I paid about 5.15% fee ($25.73) .This service is unbelievably awesome compared to previous methods of getting Bitcoin. +10,000 Internets to BitInstant for this service. LOVE IT!

I highly recommend this service for purchases between $100-1,000 USD.. Above that, it starts to make sense to use International wire. Below that, probably dwolla, as shitty as they are, is probably still the most economical bet.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:49:17 PM

Press release on this subject today... picked up in a few dozen small sites thus far, we'll see how it progresses throughout the day.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9553647.htm
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 05:12:44 AM

At the bottom of the BitInstant page is the message:
"Temporary issues with our "bitcoin to email" service"

Does that mean don't choose that option, or just that there could be issues if you do?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █