Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Come in and Trade Ammo or Talk about Guns!  (Read 56216 times)
drlatino999

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:53:53 PM

Hi drlatino,
Is it Dr. Latino? In that case Hola amigo.  Smiley
Anyway, how much are those 5.56 per round / box?

And for the record sold the rounds to RodeoX and he should receive them on Thursday.
I would like to add to the record that drlatino999 is an awesome guy who I would do business with anytime.
Ammo arrived today. On time, well packaged. I give drlatino999 an A++!!
I do what I can. I am getting some range time this week though to play with my favorite impractical shotgun, the M26.

Sappers clear the way
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:20:40 PM

Just finished this build, I may be looking for 5.56 soon.

Rodeo, what sling mount did you use where your sling attaches there by the stock?  I have a standard buttstock (the "regular" one) but I want some sort of sling adapter that fits where yours does (so I can get the single-point sling).  What would you recommend to buy that could be used in that manner?  I don't yet have the funds to buy a tactical buttstock.  I'm not opposed to putting in a sling adapter up on the barrel (attached to a rail - and then just use a regular sling), and I'm still trying to debate those options, too.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:58:33 PM

Rodeo, what sling mount did you use where your sling attaches there by the stock?  I have a standard buttstock (the "regular" one) but I want some sort of sling adapter that fits where yours does (so I can get the single-point sling).  What would you recommend to buy that could be used in that manner?  I don't yet have the funds to buy a tactical buttstock.  I'm not opposed to putting in a sling adapter up on the barrel (attached to a rail - and then just use a regular sling), and I'm still trying to debate those options, too.

I liked that attachment as well. It is part f that UBR buttstock. Basically they have replaced a bolt with a quick detach swivel. It can also be mounted on the other side for left handed shooting. Because it is part of the stock there is no such place to mount it on a standard stock. However you could buy an aftermarket end plate sling attachment like the those in the link below.
http://www.brownells.com/items/ar15-sling-mounts.aspx

Frankly what I wanted was something more like this one. But not this ugly thing.
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/stark-equipment-se-2-sling-pistol-grip-for-ar-15/

I like the center attachment that one offers. I shoot left and right handed and the swivel I have now does not transition well to weak side shooting. Hope that helps? I am not an AR guru, but I did try to do my homework before buying.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:48:10 PM

I'm looking for recommendations.  This past weekend my two oldest kids & I went to Appleseed with my daughter's Savage 22 boltie, my son's Marlin 22, and a borrowed tube 22.  My son had a great deal of trouble with the length of the stock on his Marlin, but as far as I know it is the shortest stock available.  Any ideas on a youth 22 with a shorter stock?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:16:26 AM

I'm looking for recommendations.  This past weekend my two oldest kids & I went to Appleseed with my daughter's Savage 22 boltie, my son's Marlin 22, and a borrowed tube 22.  My son had a great deal of trouble with the length of the stock on his Marlin, but as far as I know it is the shortest stock available.  Any ideas on a youth 22 with a shorter stock?

I have a single shot Marlin, which is what I figure you're talking about. I don't know that they make anything shorter. Maybe something with a collapsible stock? I know those AR stocks get pretty short. Although ARs and the stocks can be pretty expensive. But when I was a kid, I loved shooting ARs.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:09:04 AM

No, it's a semi-auto Marlin.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:12:18 AM

No, it's a semi-auto Marlin.

The single shot bolt action I have is pretty short. Maybe look at one of those? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/672/products_id/41312. That's the one I have.

EDIT: Just don't pay that much for one. Don't pay more than 80 for one.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 05:34:18 AM

Has anyone seen this? https://www.bitmit.net/en/trade/i/4034-7-62-x-51mm-nato-surplus-ammuntion-20-rounds-ammo-bullets-308

I'd get it if I had something to put it in.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 03:35:41 AM

If anyone is interested, I've extended my Bitcoin Friday pricing on my holsters. I'm trying to focus on other aspects on my business and so I'm looking to liquidate the last of my holsters.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123499
baybiz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 05:55:51 PM

I have about 500 rounds of 762x39 (ak47) ammo that I don't have a gun to match. Offers anyone?
Also about 500 rounds of 38 special or 357 mag target rounds (wad cutter) again offers?
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 06:49:01 PM

I know magazines are hard to come by now. PM me for interest in buying AR, AK, Glock mags.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
wallet.dat

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:35:36 PM

I know magazines are hard to come by now. PM me for interest in buying AR, AK, Glock mags.

Are you wanting to buy?

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

Can we even sell Ammo? Legally I mean? Serious question.

more or less retired.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:12:19 PM

Yes. With the exception of a few places like Chicago, there you need a FOID card.  But most of America is still free and one need only be 18. 

Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 03:14:23 AM

The hardest part about staying legal with trading ammo is the shipping. You can't ship it USPS, because it's hazardous.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:16:01 AM

The hardest part about staying legal with trading ammo is the shipping. You can't ship it USPS, because it's hazardous.

Now you tell me.

Are you sure that USPS ground isn't okay?

Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:30:03 AM

Now you tell me.

My post office won't ship anything hazardous. They turned me away once when I said I was shipping something with a lithium battery. Whenever I receive Safari Charlie, which is aerosol, it has to come in FedEx or UPS.
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 03:32:33 PM

Now you tell me.

Yes....do not ship usps...they consider it like your shipping a bomb if you get caught.
quattrobente

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:48:45 PM

getting a carry/some shooting/home defense basically an all in one what caliber to get? 9mm .40 .45 ? why?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:10:26 PM

getting a carry/some shooting/home defense basically an all in one what caliber to get? 9mm .40 .45 ? why?
The common wisdom is to go with the largest caliber you can fire in a controlled and accurate manor. Personally I like 9mm. I could go bigger, but I like a lot of accuracy, and with the new ammo types (such as +P ammo) it has plenty of stopping power.  You may also want to consider defensive ammo like Glaser ammo. This is what I normally carry. It has low penetration which is important for the safety of others. You don't want to shoot an intruder and find that your bullet went on to kill your neighbor.

The best training advice I got while learning CC was to try it at home first. Try carrying it for 500 hrs. at home and you will discover a lot about how to hide your weapon, sit in a chair, use the rest room, etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: