Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
oztusk

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:53:34 AM

Hi folks, I am new to this thread, but not bitcoin or BTCtalk.

PLEASE
Who can tell me anything about overclocking C1 antminer, or direct me to a proper thread?
I have a C1 and am willing to experiment, but would like to listen to the voice of experience.
TY... OzT

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
oztusk

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:55:29 AM

PS;..
Inbox me also so that i dont loose track of replies while i am offline.
your help is mucho appreciado.

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:05:22 AM

PLEASE
Who can tell me anything about overclocking C1 antminer, or direct me to a proper thread?
I have a C1 and am willing to experiment, but would like to listen to the voice of experience.
TY... OzT

It's already running at a pretty high frequency.  It is basically S3 chips in there, so take that into consideration when looking at frequency. 

The highest I have went is 256.25, and I don't care to go much higher then that.  Keep in mind over clocking voids warranty. If you do it go in small steps and see what it does.  But don't go to crazy as it's already pretty high frequency for those chips on default settings.
oztusk

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:23:06 AM

i see, but what about the voltage increment, what should that be?
i am thinking about some advanced cooling solutions, so i may be able to clock a bit higher.

can you tell me any thing about approximate volt increase for each step up?

i also took the C1 about that high, and noticed some instability at times, mostly i think due to heat, but im not relly sure, being somewhat new to C1

oztusk

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:46:44 AM

well, good night for now...

PLEASE
TY... OzT

cu tomorry

polymer_city

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:06:51 AM

One of my C1's has developed a fault..

The water turned milky, it's lost some fluid and stopped mining. It was beeping (guessing due to overheating)

Any one have any Ideas? Sounds like one of the cooling blocks has broken up?
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:17:41 PM

PLEASE
TY... OzT

cu tomorry

Use the search, or read this thread from earlier posts. Stop repeating your question every few posts.

Go Big or Go Home.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:01:55 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 03:14:09 PM by soy

One of my C1's has developed a fault..

The water turned milky, it's lost some fluid and stopped mining. It was beeping (guessing due to overheating)

Any one have any Ideas? Sounds like one of the cooling blocks has broken up?

Did you use a PVC connector of any kind?  There is a special PVC used for hot water.  If one uses regular PVC, cold water regular stuff, it gets soft and perhaps dissolves.  The hot water PVC has slightly a brown hue.  Makes it interesting when connecting a new sink/faucet.  The size is smaller and one needs go thru transitions to get the hot water PVC to couple to the faucet.  Plumbers job security.

Cold water PVC also swells with hot water.  If you used the wrong PVC to route the coolant to a distant radiator, perhaps it got soft and developed a leak or swelled and reduced circulation.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:17:12 PM

PLEASE
TY... OzT

cu tomorry

Use the search, or read this thread from earlier posts. Stop repeating your question every few posts.

I think most of the documentation will be for underclocking.  As I said it already is running very high on frequency.

I would watch it closely if you are trying to push it hard. 
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 07:22:44 PM

Was always interested in the pads, and always saw the 3m rolls of it but never in the US.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:38:52 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 02:07:52 PM by soy

What might be a consideration is that the design is robust and although rated for less on the 12v line it can provide more anyway.  

If so you'd be moving the switching supply design very far away from switching supplies usual comfort zone of 50% full load.  Expensive switching supplies can maintain efficiency across much of its range.  

Still, switching supplies, even out of their 50% comfort zone, are far ahead more efficient than non-switching power supplies.

Wasn't saying that correctly.  A 7812 will take an input voltage of at least 15 volts.  To get the 15vdc you want to take peak, (15v)(1.414)=21.21v; then for effective, no dropouts, take .86 of that (21.21v)(.86)=18.24vdc.That 18.24vdc will be after a bridge rectifier which is going to drop well over a volt under heavy current.  Then you want a step down transformer that will drop the 120vac down to 20vac.  At the regulator say it's 30 amps, 18v-12v=6v; (30a)(6v)=180watts dropped at the regulator.  Then the rectifier, lets say that's dropping 1½v, will be 45 watts.  Then there's the transformer inefficiency but even without its losses you're dropping 225watts for 12vdc@30amps.

So if our C1 is using 818 watts at the wall using an 88% efficient switching supply, our C1 is using 720 watts which is 60 amps at 12vdc.  Our non-switching supply example above would be dropping 450watts at 60 amps before transformer losses or 1170watts.

So I've been using 360 watt supplies, one on each blade for S3's, s3+'s, C1's and S5, no matter works on all.  The supplies are modified with an added cooling sink to the bridge rectifier, a line filter, a 25 turn pot instead of a 1 turn pot and a digital readout.  This have typically a 14 gauge conductor pair to each PCIE-6.  I adjust to 12vdc.  I've  been changing the voltmeter to a pair of leads run to a PCIE-6 connector instead of right off the supply.  On a C1 the difference is .2 vdc on each of the 4 supplies so those had been running at 11.80vdc, same with the other miners more or less.  The difference being that when having both the first voltmeter and the second measuring at the PCIE, there was an approximate .2vdc difference between the two readouts.

I put a voltmeter on the Poweredge 750 watt.  It's stock voltage is 12.15vdc.  I calibrate all my voltmeters to a personal standard.  On a problem S3 which was running at 12vdc measured at a PCIE on each blade, I replaced the two 360watt supplies with the Poweredge.  I was sure I'd see less a drop in voltage under full load, the 360 watt dropping .2 vdc each.  Surprise!  The 750 watt Poweredge dropped from 12.15 to 11.8 under full load measured at the PCIE's.  That's a drop of .35vdc.  Even if I were to go in and adjust the Poweredge internally to 12.35vdc no load, that still shows a greater drop than the pair of 360watt supplies.  So, I have to assess the pair of 360watt supplies are stiffer than the single Poweredge.

Wait, I just get I'm comparing apples to oranges.  The .2vdc is the voltage drop due to the 14 gauge wire length while the .35vdc is the drop from no load to full load.  I'll have to fire up the two supplies I replaced to get a no load/full load difference.  But not tonight.

--------------

Falling hashrate problem with a C1.  It has been running at intentionally lower frequency to baby it.  Should be running at 960GH/s@243.5M and after a cold start it does but drops to 850GH/s after a few hours.  Up last night I restarted due to 850GH/s hashrate. 

This has the digital voltage readout measured at the PCIE connector rather than at the supply.  When the miner first fires up, before hashing, before fans run, pump on another circuit, the voltage at the PCIE measures 12.15v-12.17v and after hashing starts it's down to 12.00v so the inexpensive supplies drop ~.15v from no load to full load and there's the .2v drop on the lines so these supplies drop a full .35vdc same as the Poweredge. 

With the falling hashrate, when it drops, as each hashing board has a digital voltage readout at one of the two the PCIE, I see the voltage at 12.17v at one of the four hashing boards indicating it's not drawing much current.  Tells me exactly which board it being troublesome. 

I made a mistake building these leads.  Besides the PCIE plugs having a mix of heavier conductors on some and cheaper wire on others, after splicing the 14 gauge stranded to the PCIE wires, which I mistakenly cut overly close to the PCIE, I used heat shrink tubing on the splices and a larger dia. shrink tubing over all the splices.  This made the wires stiff near the PCIE.  I then put the miner on a cart but the wires came too close to the upper shelf and bending the leads flat put pressure on the PCIE board connections.  This is where I hope I'll find the problem.  If this isn't it then it's an ASIC that heats and accumulates errors (an internal board) but even when the hashboard isn't drawing much current while the other three are, there are no x's in any chain.
tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:03:42 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 05:16:03 PM by tbolt

You said:

Falling hashrate problem with a C1.  It has been running at intentionally lower frequency to baby it.  Should be running at 960GH/s@243.5M and after a cold start it does but drops to 850GH/s after a few hours.  Up last night I restarted due to 850GH/s hashrate.  

If this isn't it then it's an ASIC that heats and accumulates errors (an internal board) but even when the hashboard isn't drawing much current while the other three are, there are no x's in any chain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let it run at the lower 850GH/s hashrate for a day or so, you should see X's appear on one of the chains..

Just to rule out other possible causes:
Have you swapped Power Supplies with a different (working) C1?
Have you swapped the Pump/radiator/cooling setup with a working C1?
Ambient temperature?

More than likely it's a cooling problem if it happens after it has ran for several hours IMO

I had a similar problem, at stock settings - 250M/0760 volts (hash rate should be 1008 GH/s, would drop to ~930 GH/s)
to correct this, I had to replace the cooling block used on chain #2

I now run both of mine at 200M /0675 Volts - gives me 805 GH/s each
-due to heat concerns. They are both stable now having run for 29 days
without touching them

soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:59:00 AM

You said:

Falling hashrate problem with a C1.  It has been running at intentionally lower frequency to baby it.  Should be running at 960GH/s@243.5M and after a cold start it does but drops to 850GH/s after a few hours.  Up last night I restarted due to 850GH/s hashrate.  

If this isn't it then it's an ASIC that heats and accumulates errors (an internal board) but even when the hashboard isn't drawing much current while the other three are, there are no x's in any chain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let it run at the lower 850GH/s hashrate for a day or so, you should see X's appear on one of the chains..

Ambient temperature?

More than likely it's a cooling problem if it happens after it has ran for several hours IMO

I had a similar problem, at stock settings - 250M/0760 volts (hash rate should be 1008 GH/s, would drop to ~930 GH/s)

without touching them

I thought it was a PCIE connection problem and shutting down, adjusting the PCIE, then restarting fixed it for a few days.  Today a power supply on that machine died.  I replaced it and am hashing okay.  Time will tell.  It was a moderately warm day in the mid-80's and the power supply fan had failed.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:38:26 AM

You said:

Ambient temperature?

without touching them

I thought it was a PCIE connection problem and shutting down, adjusting the PCIE, then restarting fixed it for a few days.  Today a power supply on that machine died.  I replaced it and am hashing okay.  Time will tell.  It was a moderately warm day in the mid-80's and the power supply fan had failed.

So you were able to get a 850 or so to hash normally with just pcie connection?  Or was it normal before switching power supply?
soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:52:04 PM

I run my C1's at 243M/0675 for a hashrate about 983GH/s but one had dropped badly.  I thought reseating the connectors fixed it.  I had first seen some improvement by bring the voltage up to 0700.  I had digital readouts on the supply outputs then move the DVM to a pair of wires back from the PCIE so as to have the voltage readings the miner sees.  The supply seemed okay according to the DVM output.  The supply has two leads to the miner, only one of the two PCIE having DVM leads.  So, the hashrate had come back up but then dropped and stayed down.  I looked and one supply was dead.  That's been replaced and the miner is back running at 983GH/s.
HDutchie

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:48:12 PM

Alright, I've got a major issue with one of my C1s.
https://i.imgur.com/IvkrVCh.png
This miner was working fine last week. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is hapenning.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:26:21 PM

Not the best since this is c1 but gives you a general idea from a S5 - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB

I would do something like that and check pcb, cords, hardware, etc.   Possibly try another PSU just to rule it out if you have another easy to get to.

If that does not work I would try flashing with new firmware, check keep settings to make your life easy.(Note firmware flashing can lead to bad results if power loss, etc.  But C1 generally even during this can be recovered since SD card).

I would do those and see what happens.   Report back to us and let us know.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:10:46 PM

This miner was working fine last week. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is hapenning.
I have the same issue with the same board.  But mine has developed short.  If I hook it up to the psu the psu shuts down.
So I'm running on three boards.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:26:13 PM

I have the same issue with the same board.  But mine has developed short.  If I hook it up to the psu the psu shuts down.

Is it a bad PSU or bad hashing board?

I guess I'm lucky only short I had is the original syscooling fan wires.  That sparked... and destroyed one boards ability to control fans.  Anyone else notice syscooling has pretty much left the forums?
soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:05:19 PM

Odd a single x.  Having one supply on each hashing board when one supply completely failed I got a straight line of x's and it was chain 1.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: