Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128899 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

Dogie support for this product has now expired. Other staff will now service your queries in this thread. I can still be found in my own thread.

Why is support expired if miner is still being sold?

Sold and current ones still under warranty. Why? Because we are all getting the shaft. Turn around, bend over, here it comes. Apparently this is the way Bitmain want to operate these days. Be very careful when you all start ordering more products from this company. I'd rather spend the extra few bucks on a Spondoolie and get real warranty help no matter how long it has been. Not just suggestions and opinions.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:32:56 PM

Me and my dad bought several of these C1's and now almost all of them are having issues with the coolant leaking out of them because or the pressure. He cleaned our his entire loop, used new hoses and went for distiller water with silver kill coils and the [BOLD]VERY[/BOLD] clean loop sat over night running and then he unscrewed the fill top and liquid started spewimg out. There is now way algaue grows that fast, overnight. I just can't see that happening. There must be pin hole leaks in the system sucking in the air, creating pressure.

What the heck to do here? These are all fairly neew miner's, and maybe the 90  day warranty had A little part in this, while most are a year.

There must be something environmental going on for all 3 units to have exactly the same problem. If there was a pinhole leak then you wouldn't have any pressure build up either. Did you follow up the RMA offer?

Environmental? Yea, we have pointy ears, drink diesel fuel for food and come from another planet. Dude, they're all sitting in a dark basement and have been running fine since day one. For all three of my father's and one of mine having the same issue cannot be environmental. We live 2 hours apart from one another. Unless this mysterious environmental issue is following me.

And the substance/algae is not slimly or gummy. It is more like a chalk when it dries, and it is white. A fine white type powder sticking on the insides of our clear tubes.

One the first picture you can see the tubes turning white. That's not algae. But this white stuff has to be coming from the inside of the loop somewhere. Maybe the aluminum block is breaking down or the radiator? That's my only opinion on what could be happening. And the tubes to the left are of course new replacement tubes.

Then this picture is of inside the pump. This is not algae. If you rub your hands on anything it kind of turns into a white powder. And the pump spinning wheel, that's colored white, that was covered in an entire sheet if this white  substance, easily washed off by water.

Algae to me is a gummy, slimy, smelly growing substance in nature. This stuff was nothing like the kind.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:34:17 PM

notlist3d,

That pump you got on Ebay, do you have any pictures of it working and how has it been for you?

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:40:30 PM

I think is something user related Cheesy

i use EK-EKOOLANT BLOOD RED and i don't have any troubles! i even diluted the solution!

take some of that shit out from the  tubes, place it on a piece of paper and make some pictures. wtf is it?i is it slimy?
try covering all tubes so no sun light is getting in...

Algae is %100 smelly, slimy, sticky and just yuck. What we are finding in our loop is a white substance, some of it in like powder form. If you remove the loop tubes and get inside the tubes with your finger you would have this white powder like substance on your finger. It isn't algae, but it is happening to several miners here on the East Coast that are separated by 2 hours. All miners in kept in the dark, no sun light.

The thing is, %100 of coolant is made of some liquid and that liquid is most likely distilled water. So all these high priced coolants not sure I believe in. Maybe I'll just give the old car coolant a try. Been around for years and has a proven track record.

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:48:51 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 03:03:45 PM by mavericklm

it's the aluminium blocks breaking up at the atomic level because of the cooper and probably bras in the cooling loop

you need an reaction inhibitor, might be called anti-corrosive additive

u can try auto antifreeze with 50% water
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:35:08 PM

Received a C1 this week from Bitmain.  Opened up the case and see one of the screws that holds the heatsink to the side is missing.  Do the screw holes go into the waterblock internal liquid channel?  Meaning, if the screw hole is open, will liquid from the waterblock leak out the screw hole that has the missing screw?
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:13:04 PM

Received a C1 this week from Bitmain.  Opened up the case and see one of the screws that holds the heatsink to the side is missing.  Do the screw holes go into the waterblock internal liquid channel?  Meaning, if the screw hole is open, will liquid from the waterblock leak out the screw hole that has the missing screw?

No its a sleeved threading I believe.

To test with out water... Hook up water tube, keep out side closed, blow in to tube

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:14:29 PM

Me and my dad bought several of these C1's and now almost all of them are having issues with the coolant leaking out of them because or the pressure. He cleaned our his entire loop, used new hoses and went for distiller water with silver kill coils and the [BOLD]VERY[/BOLD] clean loop sat over night running and then he unscrewed the fill top and liquid started spewimg out. There is now way algaue grows that fast, overnight. I just can't see that happening. There must be pin hole leaks in the system sucking in the air, creating pressure.

What the heck to do here? These are all fairly neew miner's, and maybe the 90  day warranty had A little part in this, while most are a year.

There must be something environmental going on for all 3 units to have exactly the same problem. If there was a pinhole leak then you wouldn't have any pressure build up either. Did you follow up the RMA offer?

Environmental? Yea, we have pointy ears, drink diesel fuel for food and come from another planet. Dude, they're all sitting in a dark basement and have been running fine since day one. For all three of my father's and one of mine having the same issue cannot be environmental. We live 2 hours apart from one another. Unless this mysterious environmental issue is following me.

And the substance/algae is not slimly or gummy. It is more like a chalk when it dries, and it is white. A fine white type powder sticking on the insides of our clear tubes.

One the first picture you can see the tubes turning white. That's not algae. But this white stuff has to be coming from the inside of the loop somewhere. Maybe the aluminum block is breaking down or the radiator? That's my only opinion on what could be happening. And the tubes to the left are of course new replacement tubes.

Then this picture is of inside the pump. This is not algae. If you rub your hands on anything it kind of turns into a white powder. And the pump spinning wheel, that's colored white, that was covered in an entire sheet if this white  substance, easily washed off by water.

Algae to me is a gummy, slimy, smelly growing substance in nature. This stuff was nothing like the kind.

Thats Aluminum Oxide.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxide

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:37:50 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 02:49:34 AM by dunand

Opentoe can you take a picture of your complete loop. You must have something different somewhere. Also can you post which coolant you are using to see if another C1 owner use it.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:33:36 AM

notlist3d,

That pump you got on Ebay, do you have any pictures of it working and how has it been for you?

Great I can try to get pictures again tomorrow.  But by using the 3 pin power adapter from molex on amazon, and ebay to that pump I have been able to not have a lot of the problems Syscooling seem to have.  They still work great.

It is not fun to buy all the extra's though to make it work proper for me. Not to mention extra liquid after thier pumps left mine all over(luckily was glass table and cleaned  off pretty easy). I can personally say this is last watercooling miner I ever do.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:43:46 PM

Opentoe can you take a picture of your complete loop. You must have something different somewhere. Also can you post which coolant you are using to see if another C1 owner use it.

My 2nd pump failed (been replaced already) again. Doesn't leak or anything, just doesn't power on. I have to RMA it. So I'm using a backup pump that I had which I did not want to use, but no choice.

rpandassociates

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:03:05 PM

yup i was looking at that pump as well Smiley whats a matter with this pump, should i not buy one?
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:54:37 PM

nice pump! u got a link on that? Grin
what liquid did u use this time?
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 08:07:13 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 08:19:04 PM by opentoe

This pump was presented to my by user notlist3d who is here. I took his recommendation and started using it last night when my syscooling pump died and it has been great so far. Completely silent. I bought it from Ebay, but there is also a vendor in China that sells the same one too I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381066536924?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

EDIT: I used Ironside liquid again, since I really wanted to see if it is that bad or not. I had one blue bottle that I had from when I originally purchased the green. I replaced the dirty hoses and flushed everything out with water. Added in the new pump, filled it up and started it up. So far so good. We will see in a few days. I can't really believe I don't see more people on here with pump/loop issues. Or just just skip the whole warranty process and do their own thing. Can't be a coincidence that my father's C1's and mine also all having issues.

This may sound weird, but if you remember I always had to keep the fill cap open because of pressure. Pressure so high it would just spew liquid out of all the least restrictive pathways it could. Even after a cleaning, new hoses, new liquid I still had this pressure. Dogie, who was just a paid person to keep is quiet in here said it was algae, but algae doesn't grow in one day and doesn't form as a dust. I think the pressure came from the syscooling pump. I think it may have been cavitating every so slightly creating air bubbles in the loop. And after a certain amount of time liquid would just spew out of fill hole closed. Because every single time I would turn my radiator 90 degrees and get a stream of bubbles out of it. Move to the future, now, the only thing different is a different pump. I now can keep the loop fully closed and I don't get any air bubble build up anymore. This of course is all a guess. Lots of variables.

rpandassociates

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:33:41 PM

Your presumption is probably correct , the syscooling pumps are as cheap as they get. Damn manufacturers always cutting corners trying to increase profit at the sacrifice of quality. The USA needs to bring back manufacturing and quality control Smiley stop with all this china junk. I myself would pay more for a miner created in the US with a warranty backed by US regulations and of course the quality control standards we have. Bringing back manufacturing would also solve alot of the economic issues, create jobs etc. etc. etc. A topic for another forum Smiley But yes indeed I have seen so many people complaining about syscooling products, and its no surprise when you look at the price of their junk compared to the price of reputable PC liquid cooling companies like swifttech and corsair theres that old saying "you get what you pay for" try getting a swifttech pump for less than $70 Smiley I ordered one of the above pumps as a backup in case mine fails, as we all know downtime is not profitable. One of these days I will probably order a swifttech pump once this unit ROI's then i wont mind paying extra for a higher quality pump, which always has resale value. and everyone should check out this guys cooling system haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_gCnvsM-QY
AbuGarcia

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:33:23 PM

If you are Running more that two c1's that's what should be done.  I connected 4 miners this way.
I will scale up to 12kw in the future. Im designing a cooling tower + heat exchanger setup for the summer.  Should be pretty fun.
rpandassociates

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:01:57 AM

this is what i want to do http://www.datatank-mining.com/immersion-cooled-500kw-single-rack-mining-platform/

more info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655464.0;all
syscooling

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:48:42 AM

Received a C1 this week from Bitmain.  Opened up the case and see one of the screws that holds the heatsink to the side is missing.  Do the screw holes go into the waterblock internal liquid channel?  Meaning, if the screw hole is open, will liquid from the waterblock leak out the screw hole that has the missing screw?

No,waterblocks won't leak without screws on it.When we test it with air compressor,there isn't any screw on it.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:21:41 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 04:34:07 AM by notlist3d

This pump was presented to my by user notlist3d who is here. I took his recommendation and started using it last night when my syscooling pump died and it has been great so far. Completely silent. I bought it from Ebay, but there is also a vendor in China that sells the same one too I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381066536924?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

EDIT: I used Ironside liquid again, since I really wanted to see if it is that bad or not. I had one blue bottle that I had from when I originally purchased the green. I replaced the dirty hoses and flushed everything out with water. Added in the new pump, filled it up and started it up. So far so good. We will see in a few days. I can't really believe I don't see more people on here with pump/loop issues. Or just just skip the whole warranty process and do their own thing. Can't be a coincidence that my father's C1's and mine also all having issues.

This may sound weird, but if you remember I always had to keep the fill cap open because of pressure. Pressure so high it would just spew liquid out of all the least restrictive pathways it could. Even after a cleaning, new hoses, new liquid I still had this pressure. Dogie, who was just a paid person to keep is quiet in here said it was algae, but algae doesn't grow in one day and doesn't form as a dust. I think the pressure came from the syscooling pump. I think it may have been cavitating every so slightly creating air bubbles in the loop. And after a certain amount of time liquid would just spew out of fill hole closed. Because every single time I would turn my radiator 90 degrees and get a stream of bubbles out of it. Move to the future, now, the only thing different is a different pump. I now can keep the loop fully closed and I don't get any air bubble build up anymore. This of course is all a guess. Lots of variables.

Sorry with family didnt get a chance to take pics.  But I will tomorrow.  The ebay pump works great.  I have ran it quite a while at this point.  I have the LED top in for fun.  I don't have to open to adjust from tempature like some mention with original pump, no issues so far with ebay pump and it runs 24x7 for around 2 months so far.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:48:50 PM

Have ran the ebay pump on both of my C1's working great 1-2 month.  Also using the molex to 3 pin power adapter.  Only addition I have done since then is adding 3 fans to backside.  It was not necessary but did add a little more cool air.

I also have it on a glass table.  After original pumps let liquid all over I like knowing that I never have that again.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: