Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128902 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:54:03 PM

Okay, without taking the hood off,  reset the miner using the hard reset button.  To get a reliable reset I had to use an egg timer set for 1min30sec and with the button depressed applied power and started the timer.  Using a spare router I did finally get 192.168.1.99 and although I had gotten this before, after changing the options it got lost so this time first thing I did was only change static to DHCP.  That worked and checking the router I found the assigned IP. logged in and it seemed okay.  I shut it down and timed out 90 seconds dead no power with the RJ45 cable disconnected.  After 90 seconds dead I put the ethernet cable to the subnet switch and started the miner.  Then it was up and running on the subnet.  It seems luckier to leave the default pools to be among the last thing to change, heh, heh.  Oh, and ssh login works with root/admin.  Haven't done the second C1 with the login problem tho.  A couple of things I did notice, the first time after getting it up on the subnet, I put the laptop in that room up on the subnet as well and went to ssh in.  I said no to permanently remember the key and was refused.  When I ssh'd in from my regular machine it asked to permanently remember the key again although it had the key from before the change.  So, reflashing won't fix the ssh won't allow login.  Hard reset does and keeps the new firmware and changes the key such that one needs to give it a permanent yes. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:57:41 PM

Okay, without taking the hood off,  reset the miner using the hard reset button.  To get a reliable reset I had to use an egg timer set for 1min30sec and with the button depressed applied power and started the timer.  Using a spare router I did finally get 192.168.1.99 and although I had gotten this before, after changing the options it got lost so this time first thing I did was only change static to DHCP.  That worked and checking the router I found the assigned IP. logged in and it seemed okay.  I shut it down and timed out 90 seconds dead no power with the RJ45 cable disconnected.  After 90 seconds dead I put the ethernet cable to the subnet switch and started the miner.  Then it was up and running on the subnet.  It seems luckier to leave the default pools to be among the last thing to change, heh, heh.  Oh, and ssh login works with root/admin.  Haven't done the second C1 with the login problem tho.  A couple of things I did notice, the first time after getting it up on the subnet, I put the laptop in that room up on the subnet as well and went to ssh in.  I said no to permanently remember the key and was refused.  When I ssh'd in from my regular machine it asked to permanently remember the key again although it had the key from before the change.  So, reflashing won't fix the ssh won't allow login.  Hard reset does and keeps the new firmware and changes the key such that one needs to give it a permanent yes. 

Glad to hear you are getting closer.  Sounds like one is done.

If you have to do this often I still highly suggest making it where you can get to micro sd card.  If you had that you could have them fixed in 15 minutes with just flashing the micro sd card.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:12:33 PM

The second C1 still has the ssh login failure.  To test if the problem was a wrong key failure, I ssh'd in from a machine that had never connected to the second C1 but the failure still occurred.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:15:07 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 10:58:11 PM by soy

Okay, without taking the hood off,  reset the miner using the hard reset button.  To get a reliable reset I had to use an egg timer set for 1min30sec and with the button depressed applied power and started the timer.  Using a spare router I did finally get 192.168.1.99 and although I had gotten this before, after changing the options it got lost so this time first thing I did was only change static to DHCP.  That worked and checking the router I found the assigned IP. logged in and it seemed okay.  I shut it down and timed out 90 seconds dead no power with the RJ45 cable disconnected.  After 90 seconds dead I put the ethernet cable to the subnet switch and started the miner.  Then it was up and running on the subnet.  It seems luckier to leave the default pools to be among the last thing to change, heh, heh.  Oh, and ssh login works with root/admin.  Haven't done the second C1 with the login problem tho.  A couple of things I did notice, the first time after getting it up on the subnet, I put the laptop in that room up on the subnet as well and went to ssh in.  I said no to permanently remember the key and was refused.  When I ssh'd in from my regular machine it asked to permanently remember the key again although it had the key from before the change.  So, reflashing won't fix the ssh won't allow login.  Hard reset does and keeps the new firmware and changes the key such that one needs to give it a permanent yes.  

Glad to hear you are getting closer.  Sounds like one is done.

If you have to do this often I still highly suggest making it where you can get to micro sd card.  If you had that you could have them fixed in 15 minutes with just flashing the micro sd card.

It seems deliberate as if to dissuade.  

And no, simply flashing the card wouldn't give me the fix I need.  It would be in the .1.0 network after flashing the card unless you have an idea how to reset the 192.168.1.99 to another subnet on the card before it goes in the machine.

So, no.  Holding the reset for 90 seconds brings it to that, 192.168.1.99,  state.

The S5's wake up to DHCP so subnets are not a problem.  But water cooled has lower temps than hard fan like the S5.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:28:15 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 11:15:42 PM by notlist3d

Okay, without taking the hood off,  reset the miner using the hard reset button.  To get a reliable reset I had to use an egg timer set for 1min30sec and with the button depressed applied power and started the timer.  Using a spare router I did finally get 192.168.1.99 and although I had gotten this before, after changing the options it got lost so this time first thing I did was only change static to DHCP.  That worked and checking the router I found the assigned IP. logged in and it seemed okay.  I shut it down and timed out 90 seconds dead no power with the RJ45 cable disconnected.  After 90 seconds dead I put the ethernet cable to the subnet switch and started the miner.  Then it was up and running on the subnet.  It seems luckier to leave the default pools to be among the last thing to change, heh, heh.  Oh, and ssh login works with root/admin.  Haven't done the second C1 with the login problem tho.  A couple of things I did notice, the first time after getting it up on the subnet, I put the laptop in that room up on the subnet as well and went to ssh in.  I said no to permanently remember the key and was refused.  When I ssh'd in from my regular machine it asked to permanently remember the key again although it had the key from before the change.  So, reflashing won't fix the ssh won't allow login.  Hard reset does and keeps the new firmware and changes the key such that one needs to give it a permanent yes.  

Glad to hear you are getting closer.  Sounds like one is done.

If you have to do this often I still highly suggest making it where you can get to micro sd card.  If you had that you could have them fixed in 15 minutes with just flashing the micro sd card.

And no, simply flashing the card wouldn't give me the fix I need.  It would be in the .1.0 network after flashing the card unless you have an idea how to reset the 192.168.1.99 to another subnet on the card before it goes in the machine.

So, no.  Holding the reset for 90 seconds brings it to that state.

The S5's wake up to DHCP so subnets are not a problem.  But water cooled has lower temps than hard fan like the S5.

I could be wrong but I think in first page FAQ Dogies sd card image will bring it to factory, including IP.   If someone could please confirm that has used his image.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:00:49 AM

So, no.  Holding the reset for 90 seconds brings it to that, 192.168.1.99,  state.

My C1 image with DHCP setting

www.perearstike.ee/C1/C1first.zip

You can use it.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:47:39 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 04:41:53 PM by soy

So, no.  Holding the reset for 90 seconds brings it to that, 192.168.1.99,  state.

My C1 image with DHCP setting

www.perearstike.ee/C1/C1first.zip

You can use it.

Thanks for the offer but I solved it with a simple reset, albeit if holding the reset button in for 90 seconds is simple.  That's what I mentioned in the previous post as, at least for me, better than taking the cover off, removing the microSD card and dd'ing an image to the card then putting the card back, cover on, and returning the miner to its installation.

The hard reset fixed the failure to accept ssh logins.

I like your idea of saving an image having DHCP set.  Saving an image, an archived backup, that can be used on any C1 is a good idea.  After wakeup on the subnet one could change the configuration to a static IP and unique miner ID.

When I fix the second C1 using the 90 second reset I'll save an archive copy after setting DHCP.  
-----------------

Later I realized that a settings archive probably won't fix a ssh failure to login.  Failure occurred when I copied the file addition to /sbin to the permanent record using cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/ and resetting restores the /config/ while a settings archive might not.
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 03:30:28 PM

Seeing the C1 may be out of fashion, anyone have any unused, valid C1 vouchers floating about?

tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:11:03 PM

Seeing the C1 may be out of fashion, anyone have any unused, valid C1 vouchers floating about?

If you did not receive a coupon and you’d like to purchase a miner with a coupon, please do not hesitate and send an email to info@bitmaintech.com in the below format. We will manually assign the coupon to your account. You can only use one coupon per miner.

Email Subject: Please assign the coupons to my account
User ID (the account in bitmaintech.com): 
Coupon Type (S3+, S4 and C1):
Quantity
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:29:33 PM

If you did not receive a coupon and you’d like to purchase a miner with a coupon, please do not hesitate and send an email to info@bitmaintech.com in the below format. We will manually assign the coupon to your account. You can only use one coupon per miner.

Email Subject: Please assign the coupons to my account
User ID (the account in bitmaintech.com): 
Coupon Type (S3+, S4 and C1):
Quantity

Are they still doing coupons? I have not heard of them in a little while.  I know they did some for S5's that paid higher price.  But it seemed to be they were not giving out like candy like they once were.
mirahan

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:27:53 PM

Ahhh ... I was in the wrong forum earlier.

I have a miner that I cannot see on my network.

I see that I can use the reset button but it is a 90 second depression. Wow, no wonder it did't work for me.
After this reset, I will be able to access the miner at 192.168.1.99 ??
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:02:53 PM

I see that I can use the reset button but it is a 90 second depression. Wow, no wonder it did't work for me.

If it works right then yes.  If it does not then restore through microSD.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:11:13 PM

Would appreciate feedback on how that 90 second depression of the reset works out for you. 

Found out from Linksys routers but a full minute often works with them.  Bet they get a lot of trashed routers because that long reset isn't described in many places.

With the C1, I hear the fan spin down at around 40 seconds and if that's the completion of some cycle then another similar cycle brings it to 80 seconds so 90 is a safe bet and the period they describe for rebooting I think.
mirahan

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:28:38 AM

10-4, soy. I will post back if I have to try the reset.

I am moving my internet hard line into my home office tomorrow.
If I still can't locate the miner on 192.168.1.98 or 99 on my hardwired 192.168.1.1 router then I will reset.

I want to try to narrow this down before I re-boot the miner.

Thanks for all the replies!
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:27:39 AM

If I still can't locate the miner on 192.168.1.98 or 99 on my hardwired 192.168.1.1 router then I will reset.

I had to hard reset a few S3's and a C1 before and all it took is push the button, count to 10. Power off, push button again for 10 seconds, power off and after it comes back it's factory reset.

Go Big or Go Home.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:54:10 PM

I had to hard reset a few S3's and a C1 before and all it took is push the button, count to 10. Power off, push button again for 10 seconds, power off and after it comes back it's factory reset.

Lucky you!  Ah, if everything worked the way it should....
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:21:13 PM

The reset button is a great tool if it works.  I guess I have not used it as much as I should have, i resorted to flashing SD most of time with the C1.

I do have a S3 controller that is a great doorstop it shows what happens if you lose power during firmware update.   It was my fault so I take the blame on that happening.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:43:31 PM

Lucky you!  Ah, if everything worked the way it should....

The reset button is a great tool if it works.  I guess I have not used it as much as I should have, i resorted to flashing SD most of time with the C1.

I do have a S3 controller that is a great doorstop it shows what happens if you lose power during firmware update.   It was my fault so I take the blame on that happening.

Try 90 seconds on that doorstop!  Use an egg timer.
smit1237

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

May the source be with you.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:48:06 PM

The reset button is a great tool if it works.  I guess I have not used it as much as I should have, i resorted to flashing SD most of time with the C1.

I do have a S3 controller that is a great doorstop it shows what happens if you lose power during firmware update.   It was my fault so I take the blame on that happening.
Pfft 3$ usb-ttl adapter and some console magick and this thing back online.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:52:00 PM

Pfft 3$ usb-ttl adapter and some console magick and this thing back online.

I learned that later on.  I sold my S3's getting ready for summer mining.  I had already replaced the board before I found out about the re flash option with a few tools.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: