Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128899 times)
rkinnin

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:18:50 PM

I have had a c1 since January.

Over the last week I noticed a slight drip in the coolant....how did I notice it?  the c1 sits on some white pine wood and now there is a shad of purple in it.  I couldn't see where it was dripping from at all.

Step ahead to this morning.....

I saw that two of the hashing boards were off line.

I checked the coolant and the pump was very low, the deep purple color was nearly clear too. I immediately shut down the unit.  Took the cover off but still didn't see any purple inside the unit at all. 

I left the c1 off for a few hours.....added coolant back in, got all the air bubbles out of the lines and its been running fine since.  The cover is still off and the c1 is sitting on paper towel so that I can see where the coolant is coming from.  ....though four hours later the leak is no where to be found.

Thoughts from the crowd?

Oh I did want to ask....does the coolant need to be changed out every few months - like oil in a car? 

Thank you.

<robb>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:06:53 AM

Over the last week I noticed a slight drip in the coolant....how did I notice it?  the c1 sits on some white pine wood and now there is a shad of purple in it.  I couldn't see where it was dripping from at all.

I checked the coolant and the pump was very low, the deep purple color was nearly clear too. I immediately shut down the unit.  Took the cover off but still didn't see any purple inside the unit at all. 

I left the c1 off for a few hours.....added coolant back in, got all the air bubbles out of the lines and its been running fine since.  The cover is still off and the c1 is sitting on paper towel so that I can see where the coolant is coming from.  ....though four hours later the leak is no where to be found.

Thoughts from the crowd?

Oh I did want to ask....does the coolant need to be changed out every few months - like oil in a car? 

Thank you.

<robb>

Did you see where it's coming out?  It's losing it somewhere it sounds like.  I would look at pump first as they have a bad reputation with breaking.

Evaporation happens over time, but a huge loss sounds like it could be leaking.   I suggest putting it somewhere if liquid is leaked it won't hurt other miners or other things.  Also you might put paper towel under it to see if you  can find leak.  If you cant find it outside open it up.  Worst case is it's inside the miner.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:20:50 AM

Thoughts from the crowd?

Thank you.

<robb>

A less expensive pump, same manufacturer, gave me trouble with a crack along the interface of the top and bottom which I fixed with epoxy.  Then it still leaked but along an invisible crack on a side seam of one of the port tubes.  That one was difficult to seal.  Hot/warm water, slow leak, evaporated without evidence for quite a while but I knew it was leaking because I had to refill the tank.  It was that seam on the port tube to which one attaches a hose that was leaking.  Perhaps a strain on the hose while moving the miner triggered it.  Once fixed it was okay and has been running for months no leak.  I have a new pump just sitting here but since the leak was fixed I haven't wanted to shut down to swap out the pumps.  I use distilled water. 
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:52:35 AM

Thoughts from the crowd?

Thank you.

<robb>

A less expensive pump, same manufacturer, gave me trouble with a crack along the interface of the top and bottom which I fixed with epoxy.  Then it still leaked but along an invisible crack on a side seam of one of the port tubes.  That one was difficult to seal.  Hot/warm water, slow leak, evaporated without evidence for quite a while but I knew it was leaking because I had to refill the tank.  It was that seam on the port tube to which one attaches a hose that was leaking.  Perhaps a strain on the hose while moving the miner triggered it.  Once fixed it was okay and has been running for months no leak.  I have a new pump just sitting here but since the leak was fixed I haven't wanted to shut down to swap out the pumps.  I use distilled water. 

My original pumps both died within day's of turning on my batch 1 C1's.  I bought 2 of these pumps from ebay and have not had any issues: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381066536924

I also got a molex to fan adapter as it keeps fan's going as long as psu is on.   I am not counting on any wiring from syscooling at this point.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:04:22 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 12:59:01 PM by mavericklm

2 identical and parallel loops with 1 common ''radiator'' and one of the pumps is so fuckin' bad!!!
the good pump pumps liquid the other way in the bad one!!!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:26:24 PM

2 identical loops with 1 common radiator and one pump is so bad!!!
the good pump, pumps liquid the other way in the bad one!!!

Sorry to hear about it.  I suggest trying one of these pumps in it's place. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/381066536924

Have had them since around first week of C1's.  They keep on going no issues.  And I like leds... it lights UP Smiley
mavericklm

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:51:00 PM

nice pump! wish i can find something like that in romania!

my system is different, i will make a thread about it Wink

i ordered an 220v pump for central heating....
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:30:17 PM

nice pump! wish i can find something like that in romania!

my system is different, i will make a thread about it Wink

i ordered an 220v pump for central heating....

It's kinda a generic pump.  If you would rather you can get it from China with free shipping - http://www.ebay.com/itm/500L-H-10W-DC12V-CPU-Cooling-Heat-Exchanger-Water-Pump-Tank-CO2-Cooler-Mute-pc-/121290018389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3d72ce55

Only thing is it does not appear to have the LED and uses one plastic clamp instead of two.  So not being in US this is a better choice for you as it's cheaper and free shipping.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:53:05 PM

2 identical and parallel loops with 1 common ''radiator'' and one of the pumps is so fuckin' bad!!!

I can see parallel not working well. 

I have 2 C1 in series.  Two pumps in the loop.  Output of the first C1, hot, goes to a car AC condenser with various fans mounted I used while awaiting the arrival of a radiator for the second C1.  The condenser goes to a pump into C2 cold (pump sees cooler water), then output of the second C1 went to a stock radiator with the 3 stock fans and then to a stock pump and on to the cool intake of the first C1.  The second radiator arrived and since the condenser was cooling better than the stock radiator, I put the two radiators in series before the pump to the first C1.

So, I have solid cooling although I note two of the fans on the second radiator, an aftermarket, seemed to be running slow the other day.

The way you tried it was to load up two C1's with a single radiator!?.  Even if the load were magically distributed equally I don't think you'd get proper cooling in warm or  hot weather.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:12:44 PM

I can see parallel not working well. 

I have 2 C1 in series.  Two pumps in the loop.  Output of the first C1, hot, goes to a car AC condenser with various fans mounted I used while awaiting the arrival of a radiator for the second C1.  The condenser goes to a pump into C2 cold (pump sees cooler water), then output of the second C1 went to a stock radiator with the 3 stock fans and then to a stock pump and on to the cool intake of the first C1.  The second radiator arrived and since the condenser was cooling better than the stock radiator, I put the two radiators in series before the pump to the first C1.

So, I have solid cooling although I note two of the fans on the second radiator, an aftermarket, seemed to be running slow the other day.

The way you tried it was to load up two C1's with a single radiator!?.  Even if the load were magically distributed equally I don't think you'd get proper cooling in warm or  hot weather.

I am in summer now hitting 80's sometimes.  I can confirm I would not share a single radiator for two C1's in very hot weather.

I did make my miners life's a little better with adding fan's on the back.  I'm using front and back fan's now.  I did get a molex to 3 pin adapter to hook them all up.  That and a regular old fan seem to have them running great even during summer heat.
mavericklm

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:04:49 PM

well... i can get under ambient temps on my 2 c1 just letting the water run  Smiley

loops are balanced, there is no problem there. after i switched the pumps, the same problem with the same pump! ........

this days i will install the 220v pump and take care of safety with some automatic dumping of hot water when temps reach 50 or so
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:08:25 PM

You have city water coming in and you plan to drain hot water out of the loop?

well... i can get under ambient temps on my 2 c1 just letting the water run  Smiley

loops are balanced, there is no problem there. after i switched the pumps, the same problem with the same pump! ........

this days i will install the 220v pump and take care of safety with some automatic dumping of hot water when temps reach 50 or so
soy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:37:51 PM

well... i can get under ambient temps on my 2 c1 just letting the water run  Smiley

Wow, I'd like to live somewhere there's distilled water coming out the tap.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:49:13 PM

Wow, I'd like to live somewhere there's distilled water coming out the tap.

I definitely did not trust my local water.  I made sure to use some of the water cooling coolant.  Has worked very well. 

Run's good and no build up issues or corrosion that I have seen.  So I'm very happy with performance.
connectCORRECT

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:02:21 PM

I buy defective Antminer C1, S3, S5 ... or individual parts. Thank you for the offer.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 08:59:38 PM

I buy defective Antminer C1, S3, S5 ... or individual parts. Thank you for the offer.

Location would help, as would posting in the marketplace subforum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

rkinnin

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:58:11 AM

If I have a coolmax 1200 psu would it be recommended if I put a c1 and an s3, clocked normally into both??
dunand

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:10:12 AM

If I have a coolmax 1200 psu would it be recommended if I put a c1 and an s3, clocked normally into both??

Downclock the maximum you can.
oztusk

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:51:33 AM

got this from bitM today

"Bitmain (Bitmain)
May 12, 17:19

Yes, the newer model with new chips be planned for later July/Early August!

Please stay tuned!

Thank you for supporting Bitmain!"

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
dunand

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:50:06 AM

got this from bitM today

"Bitmain (Bitmain)
May 12, 17:19

Yes, the newer model with new chips be planned for later July/Early August!

Please stay tuned!

Thank you for supporting Bitmain!"

Referencing a watercooled miner or an air cooled?
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: