Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cpuminer-multi v1.3.5 (Linux + Windows VStudio/MinGW64) GPL Open Source  (Read 378687 times)
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:50:39 PM

A recent post would suggest the CPU mining days are over. Could just be FUD.

I'll look into merging it with cpuminer-opt.

Edit: follow me here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.msg13542056#msg13542056

they were talking about primecoin  wich is only gpu since more than a year ago, riecoin is still only cpu for now.

also the miner I posted before, from gatra, is not the most new or optimized but since it was a fork from cpuminer I thought it would be easier to add it to this miner, just like copy pasting Wink

the latest miner for riecoin is here https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie , one of the pool owners optimized this miner for the intel cpus but he have it closed source for now.

I can't do much if it's closed source.

What about the original? Why don't you use it?

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinsplz777

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:21:39 PM

yes I could use it, however I wanted to work with visual studio, since its easier for me, I don't know much about linux.

I don't need an optimized version just wanted to look at the code, see how it works, see if I could improve it  etc.. for fun Grin

Thanks nonetheless
Epsylon3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 11:10:44 PM

test branch here : https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/tree/riecoin-test

which contains also m7m and velvet algos (all require the gmp/mpir lib) << no support on that Wink

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
LYZPFQ

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:38:26 AM

Hi there,
First of all, great app created to mine. It has a lots of nice feats.

Second, HELP!

I've been trying to figure out how to use multiple pools in the json file, but I can't seem to find the option to make it happen, or the say to configure it.
Has that option been added in the first place to the miner? If so, how can I set it in my json file?
If not, will it be implemented in the near future?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work for the devs!
skycatbg

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:42:29 AM

Hi again.

I again need help.

I use this .json file:
{
   "_comment1" : "Any long-format command line argument ",
   "_comment2" : "may be used in this JSON configuration file",

"api-bind" : "127.0.0.1:4048",

"url": "stratum+tcp://address:port",
   "user" : "user:worker",
   "pass" : "X",

"algo" : "sha256d",
   "threads" : 0,
   "cpu-priority" : 0,
   "cpu-affinity" : -1,

"on-idle" : 30,
   "on-idle-low" : 30,

"background" : true,
   "quiet" : true
}

My idea: cpuminer will work when I am away from PC and when I use my pc, cpuminer will sleep.. BUT my CPUminer work all time to 100% from my CPU and I dont know where is my mystake.. Before time I use same configuration file to mine Dark coin with    "algo" : "x11",

and all work great. Some weeks after this I no use CPUminer. When I change my .json file with new settings for new pool (for bitcoins), my miner work all time to max CPU.
Please help me to repair my settings. I want to use all time my cpuminer without stop, but when I use my pc, I want to set "sleep" mode to this program.

I use version from May  16th. 2015 for x64 windows (cpuminer-gw64)

thanks
geenius

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:56:34 PM

Hi again.

I again need help.

I use this .json file:
{
   "_comment1" : "Any long-format command line argument ",
   "_comment2" : "may be used in this JSON configuration file",

"api-bind" : "127.0.0.1:4048",

"url": "stratum+tcp://address:port",
   "user" : "user:worker",
   "pass" : "X",

"algo" : "sha256d",

"on-idle" : 30,
   "on-idle-low" : 30,

"background" : true,
   "quiet" : true
}

My idea: cpuminer will work when I am away from PC and when I use my pc, cpuminer will sleep.. BUT my CPUminer work all time to 100% from my CPU and I dont know where is my mystake.. Before time I use same configuration file to mine Dark coin with    "algo" : "x11",

and all work great. Some weeks after this I no use CPUminer. When I change my .json file with new settings for new pool (for bitcoins), my miner work all time to max CPU.
Please help me to repair my settings. I want to use all time my cpuminer without stop, but when I use my pc, I want to set "sleep" mode to this program.

I use version from May  16th. 2015 for x64 windows (cpuminer-gw64)

thanks

I do not know how it is on Linux, but on windows you can configure starting/stopping the cpu miner in Scheduled Tasks. I also have configured it. I have 8 cores and when I lock windows, all cores are hashing and after ulock only 4 cores are hashing. You can also configure starting the miner when computer is idle (locked or unlocked) and when you move mouse cursor or press any key the mirer ends. You can configure all these features in Scheduled Tasks or eventually combine it with batch files.
Epsylon3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

rmm, these idle settings doesn't exists in my version... someone already asked about this feature and i heard there is a tool to do it...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
geenius

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:44:01 PM

rmm, these idle settings doesn't exists in my version... someone already asked about this feature and i heard there is a tool to do it...

Windows 7 has this feature and 8.1 too. But i do not have Windows 10, but i think it should be there too. The "idle" setting is under the Triger tab when creating a new task, but in this case it is better not to use a batch but put all the comands under the Action tab, executable only into the "Program" field and all other options into the "Arguments" field. Do not forget to configure the "Start in" field where the miner is located (no spaces and no quotes). And under the Contitions tab there is another part of the "idle" settings. There you can customize when the job should start. I can share my config (screenshots) but not today, because that is on my work computer. Or mabye I can share exported job as XML if someone wants.  Smiley
skycatbg

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:39:04 AM

I think with "   "on-idle" : 30,    "on-idle-low" : 30," - this will fine - when my cpu is not used, cpuminer start work and when I start some application and CPU is highter than 30%, cpuminer will "sleeping" with    "cpu-priority" : 0,   "cpu-affinity" : -1. With older wersion when I mining DarkCoin, this work great, but now I change pool for Bitcoins and another stufs. Now this options no work for me - CPU always is 100% bussy - cpuminer no read "on-idle" settings..
LYZPFQ

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:27:28 AM

Second, HELP!

I've been trying to figure out how to use multiple pools in the json file, but I can't seem to find the option to make it happen, or the say to configure it.
Has that option been added in the first place to the miner? If so, how can I set it in my json file?
If not, will it be implemented in the near future?

Anyone having any thoughts on this part?
It would be nice if someone could figure this out for me.

Thanks!
Epsylon3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

in the next version...

LYZPFQ

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:50:22 AM

in the next version...

You are my hero!  Grin

Thanks!!!
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:59:19 AM

Hello Epsylon3,

An "Unrecognized block version: 5" comes up in the logs if one attempts to use cpuminer-multi with Graincoin.
    I understand various staking coins may sometimes use different block versions.

Pooler made a commit to address block version 4 back in November of 2015 for Bitcoin.

there is some problem in block version
    Unrecognized block version: 4

on latest bitcoin wallet 0.11.99

Thank you for pointing this out. I've just pushed a commit to the git repo to support the new block version.

Should cpuminer-multi users wishing to hash on blockchains with different block versions plan to patch their sources?
    If so, how would you want it coded and would you want to see a PR?

What would you do?
    Is general support for oddball block versions a bad idea?

Kind Regards,
-Chicago
Epsylon3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 07:51:54 PM

its only a gbt thing specific to bitcoin, so we dont care

its also why the getblocktemplate implementations are a bad idea directly in the miners

i will remove this useless warning...

AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:02:25 AM

I'm wondering how to setup MinGW64 correctly on my system. The link on the github page seems to point to only a 32-bit MinGW system.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Epsylon3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:34:23 PM

its not easy indeed... and didnt found a fully "stable" distribution yet. had to mix some components.

Here is a base, http://ccminer.org/mingw64/

but ive recently tried to install it on a new machine and ive seen some perl issues...

There is a newer one, based on msys2, but i was unable to make proper binaries with it yet, all cygwin based solutions seems to be a full crap...

AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:16:12 PM

its not easy indeed... and didnt found a fully "stable" distribution yet. had to mix some components.

Here is a base, http://ccminer.org/mingw64/

but ive recently tried to install it on a new machine and ive seen some perl issues...

There is a newer one, based on msys2, but i was unable to make proper binaries with it yet, all cygwin based solutions seems to be a full crap...

Okay. I find it easy to build on linux, but having trouble with the amd/nvidia dual mix for the GPU's. I use the pre-compiled version of multi-1.2-dev win build from crypto mining blog, but it is shockingly poor on some algos compared to the linux build. The few mingw64 installations I tried didn't seem to fit the bill. I hope I can get linux working on my system, so much better as a development platform.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
gimomars

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:03:41 AM

Hi guys, I'm new to mining. I want to install it in my openSuSE linux. But I don't know how. Any help please.

Thanks,
gklia

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:20:41 AM

Hello all, I try compile in my visual studio 2013 on win7 x64 but recive many erros:
Code:
Error 6 error C2275: 'uint8_t' : illegal use of this type as an expression Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 345 1 cpuminer
Error 7 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier '_temp' Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 345 1 cpuminer
Error 8 error C2065: '_temp' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 345 1 cpuminer
Error 9 error C2059: syntax error : ']' Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 345 1 cpuminer
Error 10 error C2065: '_temp' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 353 1 cpuminer
Error 11 error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 353 1 cpuminer
Error 12 error C2065: '_temp' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 355 1 cpuminer
Error 13 error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 355 1 cpuminer
Error 14 error C2065: '_temp' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 356 1 cpuminer
Error 15 error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 356 1 cpuminer
Error 16 error C2065: '_temp' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 357 1 cpuminer
Error 17 error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 357 1 cpuminer
Error 18 error C2065: '_temp' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 358 1 cpuminer
Error 19 error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type Z:\cpuminer-multi\crypto\oaes_lib.c 358 1 cpuminer
Error 20 error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const' Z:\cpuminer-multi\algo\drop.c 189 1 cpuminer
Error 21 error C2065: 'htarg' : undeclared identifier Z:\cpuminer-multi\algo\drop.c 195 1 cpuminer
Warning 1 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\compat\jansson\dump.c 232 1 cpuminer
Warning 2 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\compat\jansson\error.c 59 1 cpuminer
Warning 3 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\compat\jansson\load.c 875 1 cpuminer
Warning 4 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\compat\jansson\utf.c 170 1 cpuminer
Warning 5 warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'SOCKET' to 'int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\api.c 617 1 cpuminer
Warning 22 warning C4018: '<=' : signed/unsigned mismatch Z:\cpuminer-multi\algo\drop.c 195 1 cpuminer
Warning 23 warning C4013: 'sprintf' undefined; assuming extern returning int Z:\cpuminer-multi\compat.h 78 1 cpuminer
Warning 24 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\sha3\sph_fugue.c 746 1 cpuminer
Warning 25 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\sha3\sph_fugue.c 807 1 cpuminer
Warning 26 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data Z:\cpuminer-multi\sha3\sph_fugue.c 867 1 cpuminer
not showing up this error in the code, but some parameter visual studio, please help me.
Thank a lot!
lefthand2006

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:23:03 AM

https[Suspicious link removed]

This file is gone,  Shocked Could you publish it again? PLS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: