Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ICO's are killing Bitcoin.  (Read 6321 times)
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:15:49 PM

yes, kinds agree with you, about 80% SCAM ICOs are luring credibility of Crypto to ground.
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/80-percent-of-icos-are-frauds/
crypto.nik11

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:17:49 PM

This is definitely a supply/demand issue, exchanges really like to take profits for listings. Even scam coins. But who cares, right?
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:44:57 PM

i think they are not killing bitcoin bcz ico is essential part and important for crypto future.drom ico there are many real and big crypto project came and they are making blockchain and crypto future strong Smiley

vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:04:36 PM

I think that ICO does not kill Bitcoin. New projects attract new people. There is a big chance that these people will use Bitcoin in the future.
BossJames042

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:11:21 PM

I quite frankly don't think ICO's are killing bitcoin but rather the fact that some ICO's end up as scam projects and eventually leaving BTC trapped with lesser individuals else ICO would make BTC more popular and hence increase demand after majority of the ICO use BTC as the main means of transaction or tender. I really think its rather scam projects that are harming BITCOIN
Zaibraid

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 09:15:56 PM

Actually indirectly this ICO is destroying bitcoin. The ICO also issued coins that had a position like bitcoin so that the two competed to get better and gain public trust. Both of them showcase each other's great technology, both competing with each other to create technological innovations. Both of them are increasingly competing in the market so that wider community can be used. Therefore, more and more ICOs are emerging, the bitcoin position is increasingly threatened with extinction, especially bitcoin does not show significant improvement.

Hanablue

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:40:32 AM

ICOs are not actually killing bitcoin but it might kill ether the way they are dumping ethers is heart breaking.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:45:05 AM

No, that's not true because the ICO project is different from Bitcoin. Project ICO utilizes the Etherum platform as a token and bitcoin is a digital currency that has a different position. At present Bitcoin has many enthusiasts and we all still use Bitcoin as a major financial system. There are many places that accept payments via Bitcoin, that is a plus because then Bitcoin has a very high level of popularity.
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

maybe? because theres a lot of companies creating a new crypto  so some people investing in a good crypto than investing in bitcoin because they know that investing in a good icos or project is worth it but i hope icos will help to bitcoin to become more famous.
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:12:29 AM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

IOC Crypto teaches world reality. Bitcoin is declining because the investors use other alarata at the same time, because of this the use of bitcoin has decreased. Also, all services including the ICO are being used in another coin. So bad for Bitcoin.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:25:43 PM

No, that's not true because the ICO project is different from Bitcoin. Project ICO utilizes the Etherum platform as a token and bitcoin is a digital currency that has a different position. At present Bitcoin has many enthusiasts and we all still use Bitcoin as a major financial system. There are many places that accept payments via Bitcoin, that is a plus because then Bitcoin has a very high level of popularity.

Yup. I agree with you. ICO not killing BTC. precisely the ICO introduced what BTC was. with the ICO payment system using BTC, the ICO indirectly introduced BTC and blockchain technology. And making BTC and blockchain become more popular. This is precisely an appreciation of the revolution brought by bitcoin.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
patrickSmith

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

what ICO-projects can you advise?
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:41:49 AM

Bitcoin is never down and any ICO project not reach the bitcoin. ICO projects is not go suess. Some projects will be reach the market place price. Bitcoin is long time to survive. So no one kill the bitcoin.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:57:00 AM

indeed at this time it can be said that, for its future development I think no one can know for sure, will kill or boost up the development of the crypto currency itself
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:04:51 AM

How can you explain why crypto icos are killing bitcoin?i think they work on sideways icos promotes paying using bitcoins where non bitcoin users are force or convinced to buy bitcoin just to support the ico they want which means they will more likely buy bitcoins at the highest price they can see and help it pump

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Irwandho

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:08:22 AM

be careful of those scamming ICOs nowadays and I also agree that it really kills bitcoin reputation. People around the world will become hesitant if this type of situations will always happen to cryptocurrency economy. I don't think this will bring good impact to digital currency bitcoin if ever incoming ico will still scam people

I think the main thing here is to educate people to be careful when choosing the right investment.
You cannot stop them, if there is money that must be made who does not want to.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:09:31 AM

ICO is an event where investors could get profit by invest in it. Most of ICO gives their investors a bonus or discount so basically they are already get profit while investing. But they have to sell it to btc or eth again in the right time. So actually ICOs are not killing bitcoin.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:06:58 AM

I don't believe ICO coins are contributing to the price fall of bitcoin, to my understanding ICO coins makes the demands of bitcoin very high as most investors uses BTC during investment and sell to BTC again at the end. Investor gain more profits from ICO coins through discount which will multiply their bitcoins in return.
F$m@nia

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:35:40 AM

No ICO could kill bitcoin. at the present time there are more than 1000 altcoins in the crypto world but still the dominance of alone btc is around 57 percent.
Chotamobanhe

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:41:34 AM

The introduction of ICOs in the cryptocurrency industry made a fair completition for a lot of aspiring investment firms. And if anything it only shows that cyptocurrency investing is currently one of the hottest investments as if now. And lastly, this would make for a good amount of diversity in the cryptocurrency world once cryptocoins become official currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: