Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ICO's are killing Bitcoin.  (Read 6319 times)
Sam658878

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:27:28 PM

Stupid people are what is killing ICO, Bitcoin won't die, so relax your buns
lately, ICO's  became the greedy fishermen in a tank full of fish, grabbing everything they still can

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:20:29 PM

all crypto-currencies, if they are temporary, will sooner or later become bitcoin again, because only its developers try to accumulate such ICOS that do not live long
Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:43:07 PM

No, I don't think they kill bitcoin. It seems to me that bitcoin is killing exactly the fact that there is no regulation on the market and fraudulent startups can collect millions of assets and leave. it cannot be allowed

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:45:09 PM

slowly ico will definitely take over bitcoin. the number of new ico that emerged certainly made their opportunity to beat bitcoin even greater. of course with their value, of course they must always be able to compete in the market. because so far, bitcoin only runs as a digital currency without a project that can support it.
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 01:48:10 PM

Not Directly! ICOs are really doing damage to the name "Cryptocurrencies" ICOs that haven't leaved up to the promises made their investors are those responsible for this ill! I do know good ICOs still exist but the majority of them aren't trustworthy! Issuing coins/tokens all under the umbrella "Crypttocurrencies"" will only end up making people think $Bitcoin is directly involved, they might think it is  $Bitoin that anyone  talking crypto is referring to.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
xp.rie

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

I don't think so, but there are lots of crypto that become shitcoin that don't have opportunities in trade and investment. ico tokens will not have a big effect on the reduction of bitcoin. This decline occurred because of many factors, especially the result of very rapid growth corrections.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 02:22:39 PM

I just would understand many ico are killing Bitcoin. Basically I have to little proof. understand me my two friends already leave it now Bitcoin world because false (Scam) ico.my two friends get lot of lossing their money for the scam ico.so we need to good knowledge and understand real ico, absolutely we urgently need to killed scam ico.
burky155

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:21:59 PM

I wouldn't say that today. There are thousands of bad ICO's around and it shows the greatness of the bitcoin i think. When the ICO's falls the people turns their faces and buy bitcoin not invest in ICO's.. Also i believe that you can't compare the bitcoin with any other coins. The BTC is the first and the most strong coin ever.

Isuk

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 03:38:01 PM

slowly ico will definitely take over bitcoin. the number of new ico that emerged certainly made their opportunity to beat bitcoin even greater. of course with their value, of course they must always be able to compete in the market. because so far, bitcoin only runs as a digital currency without a project that can support it.
I don't think so, ICO will never take over bitcoin.
Why? Because bitcoin is still the king of crypto until now, its price affects almost all of the altcoins (in ICO project). Although the numbers of ICO is continuously increasing time to time, finally the choice will go back to bitcoin because the people's interest still stays at bitcoin.
riskarcher

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

for some ICO scams that made Bitcoin's reputation fall as one of the crypto currencies. I am sad to see this abnormal market. That's because bitcoin is one of the tools for several ICO investments that make investors disappointed

letecia012

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

You are wrong ! Bitcoin price don't rely on ico price if any alt coins as bitcoins is independent and are use as major trading pairs of any altcoins. So what ever price ico altcoins may give this would not affect Bitcoin price in general.
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:03:11 PM

ICO’s cannot kill bitcoin but they are damaging the credibility of this market as many ICO were not able to fill their promises and investors get huge losses and some ICO go scam after getting peoples money and bitcoin has no direct relation with ICO.
mcneLubB

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:44:56 PM

I think that in your words there is a lot of truth, because the projects immediately carry the cryptocurrency not the market and sell it. Which in its own way contributes to the decline in the rate of all currencies.
Elqui

Activity: 243

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

That’s completely the contrary of what ICOs to bitcoins is because ICOs gave bitcoin life because the more people are joining those icos, the more people are using bitcoin and thus giving it more life.
BlockchainCapsule

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:55:18 PM

everything has its own reasonable excuse, would be Bitcoin so accessible to all who in the subject would be millionaires) Wink
fisherycrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:12:47 PM

I believe most of the people and organisations who deal in bitcoin view it as means to transfer value from A to B, hence "currency" in cryptocurrency. what hurts bitcoin the most is people treating it as an investment in my oppinion. to sum it up icos might be hurting a portion of bitcoin price, but its essentially impossible to "kill" already established working currency with promise of becoming one. if any coin kills bitcoin it will be long past the ico stage of its life.
Violettochka

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:51:34 PM

I honestly don't get it why people tend to care about BTC way more than about other coins and crypto overall. Emergence of new coins help crypto evolve.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 08:47:03 PM

I honestly don't get it why people tend to care about BTC way more than about other coins and crypto overall. Emergence of new coins help crypto evolve.

thats correct, bitcoin is just the coin of it's miners

bajingluncat

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:59:35 PM

maybe it's true but not because of the ICO system but because there are too many ICOs that fail and fraud, so trust is reduced, while cripto is very dependent on investor confidence because it affects the demand that is the market controller, I don't know if the ICO can kill the bitcoin I know the ICO is a modern business system created because of cripto, and every system will be successful or not it depends on the person who runs it.
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:44:51 PM

No, I do not agree with this opinion because such small startups, as compared with Bitcoin itself, cannot prevent it from developing and continuing to grow further in price. the problem is not in them

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: