Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN  (Read 257467 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:11:21 PM

Im getting those errors now also.
I had around 1.75bil BALLS that i staked and now i got the error. (wallet was staking normally after the 360k block was released without any issues)
It went up to like 1.83 or something and the error kicked in.
Then i did what was suggested befre the rescan/repairwallet and it showed me 2.38bil coins (it was the amount i was shown when the whole 360k fiasco started and many of us got broken wallets)
It stayed as 2.38 bil and staked nicely. I then closed the wallet and now i am back at 1.75bil showing that i havent pretty much staked anything (yet it is shown in transactions)

Something is clearly wrong here.

Dev said do not believe the arrow. I say do not believe the wallet.
Check your balance in the block explorer

O_o
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 11:39:24 PM

Do I seriously need to add peer banning rules or are you guys going to pay attention to what version you have...?

If I need to hold your hand this much, maybe coins aren't for you

ButtCrack

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:20:04 AM

Do I seriously need to add peer banning rules or are you guys going to pay attention to what version you have...?

Of course !
How else to get rid of these ppl who are running outdated wallets and manage to screw things up for the rest of us ?

Instead of bashing ppl who are running latest wallets and posting feedback trying to sort things out maybe better to release a wallet that can handle situations like that as some other projects are doing ?
Or do you prefer to have a crappy wallet as too many other projects have ?
In that case you are doing a fine job.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:28:38 AM

I think your on to something spots. When a new wallet releases and forks, ban old peers. This will prevent all the headaches from appearing in this thread saying they are not syncing, and they have lots all their coins ect ect. There have been many wallets out there of other coins that flag a big warning that your wallet is outdated and you MUST upgrade. Please consider adding this to all wallets on future upgrades.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:40:13 AM

So I should post an update making the people who already updated update a second time because people are too stupid to update for an entire month. Sounds smart  Roll Eyes

Yea... I'll do it next update but I'm not punishing those that already updated because some are too stupid and haven't yet. You had over a month to update; that is plenty of time

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:40:58 AM

I think your on to something spots. When a new wallet releases and forks, ban old peers. This will prevent all the headaches from appearing in this thread saying they are not syncing, and they have lots all their coins ect ect. There have been many wallets out there of other coins that flag a big warning that your wallet is outdated and you MUST upgrade. Please consider adding this to all wallets on future upgrades.

Vegas

It is...old wallets won't sync...

whatsabitworth

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:42:26 AM

As frustrating as it may be, you really should be speaking to the lowest common denominator and including people who may be new to crypto.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:44:39 AM

If I add it now, it would also ban everyone on the current 2.0.2, punishing those that already updated. This includes exchanges and all the GS servers because of a few morons

I'll add them next fork, but I'm not doing that now

This current generation of crypto users is so stupid that I almost want to just give up, honestly. 90% of my time now is spent answering the same question over and over because most of you are too lazy to read or Google answers for local issues or look in the OP where the answer is very clearly written

These threads are mostly becoming a waste of my time at this point

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 02:11:21 AM

Looks like someone else just made the instant delete list. Sick of you being nothing but a pessimistic asshole

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:17:58 AM

At the end of the day people need to follow their investments. You dont get to bitch to your broker when you check a month later on the price of your investment , and found out you should have sold a month ago. Be responsible with your investments and follow them. If there is a technical issue, one of us that have more knowledge will step in and help you, but not after you show up a month after you should have updated.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
thc4me

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:05:35 AM

If I add it now, it would also ban everyone on the current 2.0.2, punishing those that already updated. This includes exchanges and all the GS servers because of a few morons

This current generation of crypto users is so stupid that I almost want to just give up, honestly. 90% of my time now is spent answering the same question over and over because most of you are too lazy to read or Google answers for local issues or look in the OP where the answer is very clearly written

That is why my suggested fix above works. I noticed that many connection attempts were being made to old clients.
Going back to adding the mmxiv.conf file fixes the problem because it forces the wallet to only connect to 2.0.2.0 clients and ignores the old clients.

This has worked for my wallet as well as one of my buddies. If anyone is still getting errors try putting the mmxiv.conf file listed in my previous post.

Again, hope this helps.

Hope you have a safe trip back, cheers.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 03:34:02 AM

That is why my suggested fix above works. I noticed that many connection attempts were being made to old clients.
Going back to adding the mmxiv.conf file fixes the problem because it forces the wallet to only connect to 2.0.2.0 clients and ignores the old clients.

This has worked for my wallet as well as one of my buddies. If anyone is still getting errors try putting the mmxiv.conf file listed in my previous post.

Again, hope this helps.

Hope you have a safe trip back, cheers.

Thank you for both the quick bandaid solution and the safe wishes. From now on I will change protocol version in every update, as well, to make it idiot proof. It's not fair to fork it again now and punish those who updated by adding them to the ban list for doing what they needed to do

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 03:35:52 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 04:10:16 AM by iGotSpots

Quick update, too, on the SpaceX launch at NASA

Today's launch was scrubbed due to weather. New target is Tuesday at 4:10:50 PM ET

I will be there tomorrow for that, as well. I've got some AMAZING pictures of the Falcon 9 ON THE LAUNCHPAD from about 100 feet away. Nobody else will have pictures any closer than mine, including the AP and Reuters, who were both right next to me taking pics, too. I'll be doing a full writeup when I get home for GorillaStake.com with some promotional help from the social media teams of both NASA and (hopefully) SpaceX

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 04:33:08 AM

Actually, I'm going to upload a few tonight. These are really too cool to wait on

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 04:49:40 AM

Here we go. Hopefully we will see this Falcon 9 fly the amazing piece of engineering known as the Dragon to the ISS tomorrow

That sure is one sexy beast. The rocket is pretty amazing, too

Nice wide shot of the Falcon 9 / Dragon on the launchpad

Close up of the rocket (sorry it loses a bit of quality when zoomed in, I have some nicer ones I'll put up when I get back home)

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:16:02 AM

I am on the correct version from the day you released it.
4 days ago I found more balls than what I actually had and wallet displayed that I had low disk space where i have more than 50GB.
I fixed balls balance with repairwallet.
12 hours ago again, I had the same problem which was fixed by closing and opening the wallet.

So, I am not sure if it's a correct/incorrect version matter.

O_o
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 07:33:49 AM

I am on the correct version from the day you released it.
4 days ago I found more balls than what I actually had and wallet displayed that I had low disk space where i have more than 50GB.
I fixed balls balance with repairwallet.
12 hours ago again, I had the same problem which was fixed by closing and opening the wallet.

So, I am not sure if it's a correct/incorrect version matter.

I highly doubt it is. Without being at home to test, it's hard to say for sure, but I originally tried telling people it was related to storage and was basically ignored

The old clients will not accept new blocks and new ones will not accept old, obviously. They are hard forks, so pretty much a completely different chain after block 360k

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:55:39 AM

Quick update, too, on the SpaceX launch at NASA

Today's launch was scrubbed due to weather. New target is Tuesday at 4:10:50 PM ET

I will be there tomorrow for that, as well. I've got some AMAZING pictures of the Falcon 9 ON THE LAUNCHPAD from about 100 feet away. Nobody else will have pictures any closer than mine, including the AP and Reuters, who were both right next to me taking pics, too. I'll be doing a full writeup when I get home for GorillaStake.com with some promotional help from the social media teams of both NASA and (hopefully) SpaceX

Do you have any information why they cancel it 3 minutes before launch and not before? time -5 minutes they released the holding brackets etc and two minutes later they cancelled it because of the weather. Couldn't they see/forecast the weather?
The weather last year during CRS-3 looked much worse than yesterday

By the way, we can watch it live in HD on http://livestream.com/spacex/events/3959775

Also here is a recording from yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s3LftIdvFY

O_o
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:00:08 AM

Would have been an awesome sight to see for sure! I hope i get a chance to see a launch one day Cheesy (not likely tho)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 08:02:19 AM

The reasons we were told were because of the anvil and thick cloud rules near the 0 and -20 degrees points. The weather seemed really nice, it was pretty surprising. About six minutes before launch it was a go, but it was an instantaneous launch because of trajectory for this mission. That means it either launches at that exact second or not at all. There is 0 wait time for things to change

Thanks for the links, I'm glad some of you are getting excited and are interested in this!

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: