Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:41:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade !  (Read 50926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zerovert (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:43:21 PM

assuming the OP is even a vtc dev, it would be suicidal to fork vtc to include zerocoin, zerovert's implementation will most probably not work properly anyway, zerocoin is a work in progress with known flaws.

Right, not a fork. This is a new coin that stands on its own.

It does work. We have done thorough testing. Would be happy to answer any questions you might have
Thank you! I'm glad it works if it truly does
- What would the blockchain size for zerovert be if it was vertcoin for example? (same amount of time going now, same amount of transactions)
- how long does it take to create an average tx you can find on the vertcoin network right now (same avg inputs, depth..),
- same but how long to confirm?
(I'm using vertcoin as the benchmark since you should be familiar with the current metrics and it's a more or less successful alt with some volume.)
- so, in general, how much more space/bandwidth or cpu power than a btc transaction do you need? (zerocoin is many times more)
- zerocoins have to be all the same face value, how are you addressing that? a few different zerocoin types? just one? your thoughts on the constraints either choice implies
- are you basing your work on https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin ?
- Address these issues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerocoin#Criticism
- Are you improving any aspects of zerocoin in the same way as zerocash? if so, what exactly?
- Are you improving any aspects of the original zerocoin in other ways? in what ways exactly?
- No pool or exchange will run your closed-source client in their servers, even less so given that you are unknown/id unproven so far. How do you plan on making people adopt your coin with closed source.

- What would the blockchain size for zerovert be if it was vertcoin for example? (same amount of time going now, same amount of transactions)
Almost the same. Only difference is the accumulator which is less than a kb per block

- how long does it take to create an average tx you can find on the vertcoin network right now (same avg inputs, depth..),
The act of creating an average tx is nearly the same (createrawtransaction, signrawtransaction, sendrawtransaction each under a second).

- same but how long to confirm?
(I'm using vertcoin as the benchmark since you should be familiar with the current metrics and it's a more or less successful alt with some volume.)
less than a minute

- so, in general, how much more space/bandwidth or cpu power than a btc transaction do you need? (zerocoin is many times more)
Space - not much more actually, we use an incremental accumulator that is A = u^(c1 * c2 * c3... * cn) mod n. So accumulator is less than a kb.

Cpu power, not a lot more either. We'll do some more performance testing to see compare to bitcoin later on.

- zerocoins have to be all the same face value, how are you addressing that? a few different zerocoin types? just one? your thoughts on the constraints either choice implies

One for now, we will eventually integrate support for multiple denominations

- are you basing your work on https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin ?

A bit of it

- Address these issues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerocoin#Criticism

Stored outside of blockchain, with RSA modulus from world renowned RSA factoring challenge of unknown factorization. Computational time is very reasonable in comparison to bitcoin

- Are you improving any aspects of zerocoin in the same way as zerocash? if so, what exactly?

We're investigating a lot of different possible improvements. If you can ask about specific improvements, I'll be better suited to answer. Not all improvements are possible with zerocoin though.

- Are you improving any aspects of the original zerocoin in other ways? in what ways exactly?

Using the RSA modulus from world renowned RSA factoring challenge of unknown factorization

- No pool or exchange will run your closed-source client in their servers, even less so given that you are unknown/id unproven so far. How do you plan on making people adopt your coin with closed source.

Not sure if that's true

Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

You should at least let exchanges have open source so we can trade the coin, otherwise it has no value if we cannot publicly trade it. Please think this over.

BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:51:39 PM

You should at least let exchanges have open source so we can trade the coin, otherwise it has no value if we cannot publicly trade it. Please think this over.

Or, maybe they can host their own exchange? I'm sure there will also be OTC trading thread(s). If you know any reliable escrows I'd suggest getting their attention sooner rather than later.

And yes, it will likely be a very rare occurrence for a cryptocurrency exchange involved in trading and transmitting money to host unknown, closed source cryptocurrency software from newbie accounts on their servers.

Have you gotten in contact with any of them?

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

Hi. Not having it open source for now does not preclude exchanges from listing it. In addition, we are also working with exchanges to get this listed, and have several contacts in the Bitcoin industry.

With future development of our project, we are looking to push the bounds of what is possible with cryptocurrencies. We are considering creating a multi-coin wallet with support for p2p atomic cross chain trading so no centralized exchanges will be needed.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:58:53 PM

Using the RSA modulus from world renowned RSA factoring challenge of unknown factorization

Huh

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

Huh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_Factoring_Challenge
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 05:06:10 PM

SHA256:    4fc1b7d0041a046eac4598a38975cc735f8d576263dbc02d9813862aa04d1bbd
File name:    Zerovert-0.8.7.1-win32-setup.exe
Detection ratio:    1 / 54
Analysis date:    2014-11-05 17:03:57 UTC ( 1 minute ago )
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:10:54 PM

Huh

Right, but can you explain how you did the trustless setup to establish the accumulator? And also what trustless entities exactly were included in the setup, as right now it's impossible to verify that anyone except you has generated the accumulator? That's a rather important point as it would allow you to spend anyone's money otherwise, without anyone possibly being able to tell it was you doing so. It seems confusing to me how you possibly got the niZKP down to a reasonable size and verification time, too, for instance they're 128-256 kb in the default implementation, with verification times of 4 or more seconds each.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
xojex

Activity: 111

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:19:34 PM

Would be nice to have the full mining info, so the rest of us can mine it as well.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

Is it clean? How to mine?

Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:24:37 PM

Is it clean? How to mine?

It's script-n as stated in the op, and you mine to the wallet aka solomine

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:29:44 PM

They don't have to show all of the code in fact they only need enough so that they can verify transactions and see how its done and if it is indeed legit! You guys are right though, exchanges will not accept a binary on it's own and zerovert will have to show at least some of the code. This is assuming of course that the exchange is not completely crazy. Most do have this manifesto at least!

I'm really excited about this proposal but its extremely fast and its premine is to me, a complete and utter fail/turnoff! Personally i do not support premine coins and will not be supporting this coin with one and neither should anyone else and ill elaborate some. It is more trust and a great opportunity later for people to open a can of worms with regards to dev integrity and trust in the public eye! I believe devs need to be paid but i also believe if we just give them the funds in this way we have no guarantee of anything. History has proven it and its insane to expect it to be any different here. Devs earn trust, they earn it by proving their tech is invaluable and thus VC will fund them to continue their work, if in fact it is good enough. If it isn't then there is no funding and we end up with a far better quality in this space then we would by giving devs control of money without any accountability legaly and before they prove anything even works properly! I could go on about 100 more things with regards to why premine is bad but i wont. I will just put it out there to try and push for no premine.

If this is real and because they came out of nowhere, if they gain a 3rd party audit and they remove the premine. I will have no issues supporting Their work and neither should anyone else. But they just came out of nowhere with no trust at all, on two newbie accounts and already i see some simpletons begging to buy/waste their money on yet another set to fail start! They don't deserve a premine, especially when They have not even proven the tech works under heavy testing or at all (apple "thoroughly" tested iCloud too in closed testing!) If they can share with us their testing techniques and what, if any network simulators they used or wrote that would help.

Right now they are on two newbie accounts with a 2.5% premine, hyping the biggest innovation in anon cryptocurrency tech to date. They have not proven anything except quoting some solutions to the issues which stand out as obvious paths to take but also have plenty of complications to implement. People are possibly going to run at this like no tomorrow and i just want to reiterate that by people supporting premine, yet again we are asking for trouble..Premine is not needed, satoshi and all the devs within bitcoin never used one, litecoin ect ect ect, If its good, the devs will be funded! Push for no premine and push for a 3rd party audit before risking any substantial amount of money on this people, as they have not proven they can implement anything! This is what i firmly believe is hurting this industry. If we continue to allow potential theft by trusting devs so easily we will get no where fast!

Any % of premine is an alarming proposal and i hope they remove it because it basically closes the doors unnecessarily to opportunities/suppoprt for the project right from the get go!
zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:41:26 PM

Huh

Right, but can you explain how you did the trustless setup to establish the accumulator? And also what trustless entities exactly were included in the setup, as right now it's impossible to verify that anyone except you has generated the accumulator? That's a rather important point as it would allow you to spend anyone's money otherwise, without anyone possibly being able to tell it was you doing so. It seems confusing to me how you possibly got the niZKP down to a reasonable size and verification time, too, for instance they're 128-256 kb in the default implementation, with verification times of 4 or more seconds each.

The accumulator requires an RSA modulus of unknown factorization, so we used the RSA modulus of unknown factorization from the world renowned RSA factoring challenge.

We implement zerocoin, not zerocash. And yes, we said generating transaction is less than a second, with verification time less than a minute
yongyuanbtc

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

01:39:36

{
"blocks" : 22,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.14254796,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 18399,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Black Fire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:44:24 PM

They don't have to show all of the code in fact they only need enough so that they can verify transactions and see how its done and if it is indeed legit! You guys are right though, exchanges will not accept a binary on it's own and zerovert will have to show at least some of the code. This is assuming of course that the exchange is not completely crazy. Most do have this manifesto at least!

I'm really excited about this proposal but its extremely fast and its premine is to me now for the SDC troll fud part after I talk nice things then wallop you with the hate filled vitriol. bah abah abh

SDC trolls never stop their fud against threats. So sad. It's why I left SDC. DEv's cool bagholding whale trolls not.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 140 Cryptos  ● Multicoin Dice and Lottery  >>
██████████    <<  ● Secure Platform API Support  ● Intuitive Interface with Chat  >>
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:47:52 PM

I'm really excited about this proposal but its extremely fast and its premine is to me, a complete and utter fail/turnoff! Personally i do not support premine coins and will not be supporting this coin with one and neither should anyone else and ill elaborate some. It is more trust and a great opportunity later for people to open a can of worms with regards to dev integrity and trust in the public eye! I believe devs need to be paid but i also believe if we just give them the funds in this way we have no guarantee of anything. History has proven it and its insane to expect it to be any different here. Devs earn trust, they earn it by proving their tech is invaluable and thus VC will fund them to continue their work, if in fact it is good enough. If it isn't then there is no funding and we end up with a far better quality in this space then we would by giving devs control of money without any accountability legaly and before they prove anything even works properly! I could go on about 100 more things with regards to why premine is bad but i wont. I will just put it out there to try and push for no premine.

If this is real and because they came out of nowhere, if they gain a 3rd party audit and they remove the premine. I will have no issues supporting Their work and neither should anyone else. But they just came out of nowhere with no trust at all, on two newbie accounts and already i see some simpletons begging to buy/waste their money on yet another set to fail start! They don't deserve a premine, especially when They have not even proven the tech works under heavy testing or at all (apple "thoroughly" tested iCloud too in closed testing!) If they can share with us their testing techniques and what, if any network simulators they used or wrote that would help.

Right now they are on two newbie accounts with a 2.5% premine, hyping the biggest innovation in anon cryptocurrency tech to date. They have not proven anything except quoting some solutions to the issues which stand out as obvious paths to take but also have plenty of complications to implement. People are possibly going to run at this like no tomorrow and i just want to reiterate that by people supporting premine, yet again we are asking for trouble..Premine is not needed, satoshi and all the devs within bitcoin never used one, litecoin ect ect ect, If its good, the devs will be funded! Push for no premine and push for a 3rd party audit before risking any substantial amount of money on this people, as they have not proven they can implement anything! This is what i firmly believe is hurting this industry. If we continue to allow potential theft by trusting devs so easily we will get no where fast!

Any % of premine is an alarming proposal and i hope they remove it because it basically closes the doors unnecessarily to opportunities/suppoprt for the project right from the get go!

Good post and fair.

I'm concerned about the newbie accounts too. The wallets at github show "bushido" who is well known vert dev.

I can see developers being hesitant to show POD. You can thank the Metcalfe/Xc/Blocknet witch hunt for that.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 05:49:41 PM

nothing on the site

Miners by Hardware
ATI/AMD: Download here

nVidia: Download here

CPU: Download here

Pools
Here are our mining pools

Merged Mining
You can merge mine with Vertcoin
TrangLee

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Living the dream

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

I'm really excited about this proposal. Except I will fud and attack it along with all my SDC bagolders and their shills.

Dev this guy (a loonie) and his friends (including member and sr member accts shills they bought) troll XST for days and they said they where doing it a service and they complained that they where victims because their trolling was so well received. There is my post days ahead of it laying out their plan to fud and destroy blocknet. Be prepared for epic walls of post fud constantly in you thread from him. His favorite tactic is to make a wall of text fud and then keep spamming it. Delete it and report him to the BTCmods especially if you ask him not to post in your self moderated thread. Ask once then report every time after.

BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:51:45 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 06:10:14 PM by BanditryAndLoot

nothing on the site

Miners by Hardware
ATI/AMD: Download here

nVidia: Download here

CPU: Download here

Pools
Here are our mining pools

Merged Mining
You can merge mine with Vertcoin

Got you covered: http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/20wr0y/how_to_solo_mine/

Get the miner at vertcoin.org : https://vertcoin.org/wp/mining/

Make a .conf file for your zerovert, start up miner.

g2g!

There might be an updated miner somewhere .. don't know where but that's the first thing I found.

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=31397
daemon=1
server=1

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://127.0.0.1:31397",
"user" : "username",
"pass" : "password"
}
]
"intensity" : "18",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"expiry" : "5",
"scan-time" : "5"
}

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:52:42 PM

ive tweeted, how do i get my coins?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: