Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: X11 X13 X15 with 50% more hashrate 7Mh/s on 280x or 10 Mh/s on 290x  (Read 54206 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:07:13 PM

Been there, done that - they donate pocket change, if anything.

You guys are doing it all wrong...

People are very generous if you have something they want and you present it right.

Kristov Atlas raised a lot of donations from the DRK community by saying "The more you donate, the more time I can spend on the Darksend code review".

Over 1 week I think he got 1100 DRK when it was worth $6.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:31:16 PM

No point in doing that because the hashrate would increase for everybody and it wouldn't be worth it

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

No point in doing that because the hashrate would increase for everybody and it wouldn't be worth it
This is with this kind of behavior expect less and less people open sourcing anything.
At some point we all get tired of cheap fucks...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:40:19 PM

This is with this kind of behavior expect less and less people open sourcing anything.

Exactly. But he's kind of right - open sourcing does NOT encourage donations. Why? Because they're making the same amount as before within 24 hours.

that could also benefit drk network... (but yes for individual miner, it doesn't change much)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:40:41 PM

Or is it that we "cheap fucks" have grown weary of all the ninja launched coins and algos that you greedy fiatheads can't seem to get enough of. Roll Eyes

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:43:36 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 03:53:40 PM by djm34

Or is it that we "cheap fucks" have grown weary of all the ninja launched coins and algos that you greedy fiatheads can't seem to get enough of. Roll Eyes

miners made profits of the ninja launched coins too and new algo coins and usually when we open-source a miner, something which was profitable to mine to us (because we are fiathead with a few brain cells) becomes totally unprofitable, so why should we opensource anything if nobody shows any gratitude (meaning sending a few % of what they mined... ).
It has became clear that the altcoin community is very ungrateful, and unless forced to pay that % fee, they won't give anything at all..

When you buy a car, do you get tires or gasoline for free ? (if yes where are you living ?  Grin)
I mean people have been buying gpu by pack of ten, but when it comes to gives something to software developper, nobody... electricity is expensive so software dev is cut off  Grin.

I was contacted once by some dude to make a monero miner for free just to prevent Claymore from collecting any fee...
(the joy of programming exists... but they are limits)

djm34 facebook page
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:29:00 PM

Djm I don't know where all this hate of miners is coming from, but they're definitely not making money right now. Look at a profit calculator and then scale it up a bit and if you don't have a plug watt meter, buy one. Using GPUs to mine you're earning about -30% just by running the things.

Only ones making money off coins launching are people playing the Nicehash miner graveyard.

That aside, I'm not sure why everyone overlooked the part where I said 'put in a dev mine'. Other developers have done it and it works fine as long as you tell people it's there. Claymore is a good example of that. If you feel your work is worth money, do more then say 'give me money'. With a 50% increase in hashrate you'd have everyone on board even with a 5% dev fee, which is basically every x11/x13/x15 AMD GPU miner, funneling coins through you regardless of the fact that we wouldn't be making more money and this would actually be worse for us as everyone would then be using 15% more power.

I don't understand where this high and mighty attitude is coming from though. It's just like you want to dangle tidbits in front of miners that aren't having the best of times right now as a big 'fuck you' because we apparently didn't thank you enough for free work you did... for... free...

That's completely putting aside that miners don't need more speed at any cost right now, they need efficiency.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 09:55:52 PM

Djm I don't know where all this hate of miners is coming from, but they're definitely not making money right now. Look at a profit calculator and then scale it up a bit and if you don't have a plug watt meter, buy one. Using GPUs to mine you're earning about -30% just by running the things.
Hate is a big word, I am just saying.

Only a few people donate while the vast majority is just expecting stuff for free,
and each time a gpu dev ask something for his service, then he is a jerk or an asshole or a hater, this is getting old...

That aside, I'm not sure why everyone overlooked the part where I said 'put in a dev mine'. Other developers have done it and it works fine as long as you tell people it's there. Claymore is a good example of that. If you feel your work is worth money, do more then say 'give me money'. With a 50% increase in hashrate you'd have everyone on board even with a 5% dev fee, which is basically every x11/x13/x15 AMD GPU miner, funneling coins through you regardless of the fact that we wouldn't be making more money and this would actually be worse for us as everyone would then be using 15% more power.
Why are you telling me this rather than telling to your electricity company you won't pay because it wasn't profitable enough
(probably because they would sue you and cut down your power line  Grin ... but beside that ?)

I don't understand where this high and mighty attitude is coming from though. It's just like you want to dangle tidbits in front of miners that aren't having the best of times right now as a big 'fuck you' because we apparently didn't thank you enough for free work you did... for... free...
again, that's always the same thing, each one gpu dev complain, he has an attitude  Roll Eyes

just an example, xcn miner was downloaded around 200x (which isn't a lot actually) got donations from max 10~15ppl so profitability or not it is always the same story (and every gpu dev and dev at large will tell you the exact same story, but as I am also a bit of a troll so I talk a lot more about it...)

regarding: dev mine: well it is based on opensource so basically releasing only the exe (which some people will disassemble to remove the dev fee, as it happens to Girino) is forbidden so basically it would require to rewrite everything from scratch, encrypt the exe so that very very bad players don't temper with it... etc...)

crypto is the far west and we aren't the bad guys... we still respect a few rules...

djm34 facebook page
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:04:19 PM

just an example, xcn miner was downloaded around 200x (which isn't a lot actually) got donations from max 10~15ppl so profitability or not it is always the same story (and every gpu dev and dev at large will tell you the exact same story, but as I am also a bit of a troll so I talk a lot more about it...)

My XMR CPU miner is pretty much the standard one on Linux - and it was around 2x as fast as the best public miner at the time. XMR was quite profitable then - 15 or less people donated, same.
and it is probably the same people who donated...  Grin

djm34 facebook page
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:16:56 AM

I'm very close to banning all GPU devs from releasing anything until we've sat down and worked out a way everybody wins  Wink

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
mamator

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:13:38 PM

3 btc for 50% more of hashrate is a joke, we can give 25% of hashrate for 1 year for example or 0.5 btc. A lot of times is best a cheap price and a lot of customers than expensive price and a few customers, would be nice that we all raise our mining gpu
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:01:23 PM

Girino did that, this "community" reverse engineered it, ripped it out, and put it into sph-sgminer without the fee. Cheap fucks, the lot of them. Did you know darkcoin-mod (also known as x11mod) is basically stolen work?

That's why I'm hating on miners. Not because they don't donate, which is kind of shitty, but because they seem to feel entitled to someone else's work for free, as evidenced by the above.

That's not miners, that's other kernel makers in the community. Miners generally don't have the expertise to do something like that nor would they share it with everyone else if they did. As Djm said he had someone contact him to ask him to remove the fee from Claymore, Djm being another kernel developer... I suppose a miner as well, but a couple cards isn't what I consider a miner.

Perhaps making things more proprietary would be helpful then, but that's up to you. If you want money for you work the best way to do it is with a fee. That makes it accessible to people with little to no money, but can donate hashing power and it scales up.

Only a few people donate while the vast majority is just expecting stuff for free,
and each time a gpu dev ask something for his service, then he is a jerk or an asshole or a hater, this is getting old...

Then put a dev fee on it. If you feel you need money for your work, charge for it. Don't yell at and hate on people for not 'giving enough' when you're looking for donations.

I'm very close to banning all GPU devs from releasing anything until we've sat down and worked out a way everybody wins  Wink

Lower power usage, dev fee!

BTW if the dev fee is extortion like 25% you're going to get a lot of hate and well deserved.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Girino did that, this "community" reverse engineered it, ripped it out, and put it into sph-sgminer without the fee. Cheap fucks, the lot of them. Did you know darkcoin-mod (also known as x11mod) is basically stolen work?

That's why I'm hating on miners. Not because they don't donate, which is kind of shitty, but because they seem to feel entitled to someone else's work for free, as evidenced by the above.

That's not miners, that's other kernel makers in the community. Miners generally don't have the expertise to do something like that nor would they share it with everyone else if they did. As Djm said he had someone contact him to ask him to remove the fee from Claymore, Djm being another kernel developer... I suppose a miner as well, but a couple cards isn't what I consider a miner.

Perhaps making things more proprietary would be helpful then, but that's up to you. If you want money for you work the best way to do it is with a fee. That makes it accessible to people with little to no money, but can donate hashing power and it scales up.

Then put a dev fee on it. If you feel you need money for your work, charge for it. Don't yell at and hate on people for not 'giving enough' when you're looking for donations.

I'm very close to banning all GPU devs from releasing anything until we've sat down and worked out a way everybody wins  Wink

Lower power usage, dev fee!

BTW if the dev fee is extortion like 25% you're going to get a lot of hate and well deserved.
no matter what you ask, it is always too much... and people will do everything to not pay it...
(but yes it is a solution)
by the way, if a coin dev is interested there is a big opportunity to makes big bucks here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872542.0
don't wait too long that opportunity won't last  Grin

djm34 facebook page
triplef (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:47:23 PM

by the way, if a coin dev is interested there is a big opportunity to makes big bucks here:

that says it all, CLONE me a coin for 5$.....

you do know that 50% of miners are china

china has no copyright concept whatsoever , it's not even a word in chinese i assume.

you know that they reverse engineer most of what they make ? even from themselves ?

if you own a big manufacturer, you know having your products made in china will have them copy it and rebrand it but you HAVE to, else you will sell your product 40% higher and therefore not sell any at all, since they will sell your product rebranded KISO or something on aliexpress for 40% less...

You all want to know how to make a fortune ?

Get 30K get nice videos, rent a warehouse, make a nice site, call it butterfly or knc, have people send you 40K at a time till you get 10 million,

take the 10 million send 4 to china to make an ASIC,  when they produce late ( coz they are mining with it ) they will eventually ship it back to you , then you get 300 ASICS worth shit coz DIFF tripppled by the time you got them but still you mine with them and make a huge cloud mining op, make back the 4 mill you payed the chineese, netting 10 mill , and ship to the retail clients that paid for all this in first case.

rinse, repeat, people are greedy, but also stupid, WOLF is not stupid, HE understood the code, ( cryptography IS NOT EASY) proof of that is NO ONE did the optimizations HE did.
if he puts a fee in the miner, it WILL BE EXTRACTED, netting in a 0 profit for hard work,

mamator

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:13:59 PM

For me you have no excuse, if you had made a bid to release the code I would understand but this is worse than the mafia. Some people lose money with his rigs and don´t have any opportunity to win because your price is fucking crazy
mamator

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:26:25 PM

Of course, and you try to sell for 3 btc, everybody like business, not only you and your friend trying to sell me the code for 1 btc Wink
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 04:33:24 PM

For me you have no excuse, if you had made a bid to release the code I would understand but this is worse than the mafia. Some people lose money with his rigs and don´t have any opportunity to win because your price is fucking crazy
say the guy who is trying to scam people by selling "his" copy of Wolf0  Grin
No matter, what is your point you made yours by trying to sell something you don't have...
anything else you could say after that has absolutely no value.... (calling other "mafia" while trying to con people is highly laughable)

djm34 facebook page
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:52:18 PM

No matter, what is your point you made yours by trying to sell something you don't have...
anything else you could say after that has absolutely no value.... (calling other "mafia" while trying to con people is highly laughable)

I know, right? Scammer calling other people "mafia," that's funny.

I recieved an offer from "mamator" for selling wolf0's kernel fo 0.5BTC , asked him/her which exact kernel he/she is offering.. and there is no answer...
mamator

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:28:08 PM

I know, right? Scammer calling other people "mafia," that's funny.

I recieved an offer from "mamator" for selling wolf0's kernel fo 0.5BTC , asked him/her which exact kernel he/she is offering.. and there is no answer...
One person try to sell me the code for 1 btc in miningrigrentals with escrow but the people say this at him and don´t want to sell me, for my part, I´m out of this game.
mamator

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:29:08 PM

If anyone wants a cheap rig, contact me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: