Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:21:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool  (Read 382780 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 05:19:26 PM

I didn't pre-order from HashFast. In fact, every ASIC I ever ordered has been delivered (It's called "due diligence", you might want to look it up). Most of them from Bitmain. Which makes it a bit strange to see someone like you make a big stink about a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway. It's kind of like bicyclists who think they're saving the world by sweating their way to work.

Gmaxwells claims are completely disconnected from reality. The overwhelming majority of antpools hashing power comes from their own farms, and none of the people who understand what p2pool is genuinely thinks that's what antpool is offering. The fact that Gregory tries to use this, in some weird way, to nullify the HK agreement is beyond stupid. The fact that his lapdog iCEBREAKER is given the task of causing a stink in Bitmain related threads just goes to show that he's completely lost.

I saw him whining to Peter Todd about "misinformation" and "poor communication". If he stopped hanging in the Classic #REKT thread, ditched his cry-buddy iCEBREAKER and grew some balls, he could contribute to the conversation and try to make things work with the miners. Maybe even along terms he is comfortable with. Bitcoin isn't a joke any more, it's an industry. And like it or not, he's one of its leaders. As is Jihan. If Gregory is willing to get out of the trenches then it's in Jihans interest to hear what he has to say. But this barrage of immature attacks might become more costly than Maxwell is able to bear soon.

My God, you certainly do like to rant about how much Gmax hurts your delicate feelings.   Roll Eyes

We did our DD on HF.  You are insulting us to imply DD on HF would have somehow predicted future changes in price/difficulty would ultimately drive them out of business.

Why don't you use that cudgel to bash everyone who ordered from HF/Cointerra/KNC, etc?  Why is it just me who isn't allowed to lose a risky bet on a pre-order without some n00b assclown like you stalking/reminding me forever?

Bitcoin's decentralization is not "a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway."

P2pool could play a large role in preserving Bitcoin's decentralization.

Bitmain/Antpool used that fact to gain customers, but never followed through.

Their false advertising is not "just bad PR" (your asinine, pedestrian concern) but bad for Bitcoin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:53:49 PM

We did our DD on HF.  You are insulting us to imply DD on HF would have somehow predicted future changes in price/difficulty would ultimately drive them out of business.

People who'd never worked together before were supposed to be a leading chip and HW manufacturing company within a few very short months? Due whatwhat? If it offends anyone else that I point this out, then so be it.

Why don't you use that cudgel to bash everyone who ordered from HF/Cointerra/KNC, etc?

'Cause I'm not you? You're the one who attacks anyone who complain about being f@cked over by Hashfast, so it's a bit backwards to call me out on it. I think their handling was fraudulent, even if there were other obvious reasons why they were a weak proposition. People are right to complain. But you were part of the fraud, so I don't have much sympathy for your loss.

Why is it just me who isn't allowed to lose a risky bet on a pre-order without some n00b assclown like you stalking/reminding me forever?

You're not just an innocent little victim.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0

Bitcoin's decentralization is not "a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway."

No, but you have to look at the numbers. The problem isn't the lack of p2pool options or lack of good pool alternatives. The problem is that the people who owns the hardware has no interest in using those.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 07:27:04 PM

The problem isn't the lack of p2pool options or lack of good pool alternatives. The problem is that the people who owns the hardware has no interest in using those.

The problem is Bitmain/Antpool told us they would support p2pool when it was to their marketing benefit, then never did anything else.

They didn't even bother to remove the false advertising from the OP.

Quick, drag up some ancient affair you can use a cudgel for bashing me!

Whether or not Gmax and I were low information "victims" lacking agency (or sophisticated gamblers taking a calculated risk) is just your attempt to change the subject to a completely irrelevant controversy from years in the past.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:44:36 PM

The problem isn't the lack of p2pool options or lack of good pool alternatives. The problem is that the people who owns the hardware has no interest in using those.

The problem is Bitmain/Antpool told us they would support p2pool when it was to their marketing benefit, then never did anything else.

Whether or not Gmax and I were low information "victims" lacking agency (or sophisticated gamblers taking a calculated risk) is just your attempt to change the subject to a completely irrelevant controversy from years in the past.

No, this is an attempt by you and Gmaxwell to somehow make the HK agreement null and void by dragging some irrelevant little niggle into it all.

But yeah, Antpool should remove all mention of P2pool if they have no intention of going through with it. Or even better, remove it until they have a solution.

But that's about it. Maybe they'll get to it when the block size issue has been resolved.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 08:46:05 PM

No, this is an attempt by you and Gmaxwell to somehow make the HK agreement null and void by dragging some irrelevant little niggle into it all.

But yeah, Antpool should remove all mention of P2pool if they have no intention of going through with it. Or even better, remove it until they have a solution.

But that's about it. Maybe they'll get to it when the block size issue has been resolved.

Wow, you managed to entirely agree with our conclusion ("Antpool should remove all mention of P2pool if they have no intention of going through with it") yet still get in a couple of bitchy little parting shots at the messengers.

The HK agreement was never valid, nor enforceable, because A. nobody is in charge of Core and thus able to make commitments on its behalf (the "Blockstream is controlling Core with Money and Evil Sorcery" meme is only still taken seriously on rbtc and bitco.in) and, B. f2pool violated the terms of the compact when they starting running Klassique.

The block size issue has been resolved, but not in the way you would have preferred (sorry about that, LOL NOT REALLY  Cheesy).

The lopsided victory of Core over XT and Klassique made you angry, hence your butthurt and eagerness to use anything you can from my past to attack me for daring to hold Bitmain responsible for their false "we support p2pool" advertising.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:15:02 PM

Wow, you managed to entirely agree with our conclusion ("Antpool should remove all mention of P2pool if they have no intention of going through with it") yet still get in a couple of bitchy little parting shots at the messengers.

The HK agreement was never valid, nor enforceable, because A. nobody is in charge of Core and thus able to make commitments on its behalf (the "Blockstream is controlling Core with Money and Evil Sorcery" meme is only still taken seriously on rbtc and bitco.in) and, B. f2pool violated the terms of the compact when they starting running Klassique.

The block size issue has been resolved, but not in the way you would have preferred (sorry about that, LOL NOT REALLY  Cheesy).

The lopsided victory of Core over XT and Klassique made you angry, hence your butthurt and eagerness to use anything you can from my past to attack me for daring to hold Bitmain responsible for their false "we support p2pool" advertising.

Yeah, yeah.. I had an itching for a rant, you scratched it.

gg

Edit: Btw, didn't you notice?:

Just thought I'd mention it.

I don't know why they haven't just pulled the plug completely on their p2pool project. It's just bad PR by now.

Then again, I don't see why an [expletive deleted] like yourself would want to stir up shit about it. Especially considering your past affiliations.

Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:44:12 PM

Why is it just me who isn't allowed to lose a risky bet on a pre-order without some n00b assclown like you stalking/reminding me forever?

You're not just an innocent little victim.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0

I think that's the crux of it. Icemaker's just sad about Cypher making so much money from Hashfast, while he shilled for chump change.
Doubt his scaling phobia is fueled by anything more substantial than that.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 10:19:35 PM

[distracting off-topic flamebait]

Yes, let's all stop talking about the Bitmain's false advertising of p2pool support, because of completely unrelated old scam accusations that had their day in court and went nowhere.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:40:55 PM

^
A Bitcoin company fails to deliver on its promises? in MY Bitcoin?! Unthinkable!
BRB, filing nonbinding p2p nonviolent internet police report on the indelible public ledger which is the blogchain.
Slippin_Jimmy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:57:03 AM

Why are people so upset that the s9 is rumored only to be able to be used on AntPool? Besides centralization issues with too much hash power on one pool (which probably can't even happen anymore but still).
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:32:57 AM

Why are people so upset that the s9 is rumored only to be able to be used on AntPool? Besides centralization issues with too much hash power on one pool (which probably can't even happen anymore but still).

it could be because antpool mines empty blocks and its known they dont payout all the tx fees to the miners.. there for you get LESS bitcoin per block then if you mined anywhere else..
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:18:49 AM

I doubt that's true. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. I doubt Bitmain is aiming for +51% of what would be a dead chain. They're simply not that stupid. And if there's an ounce of truth to it I'm sure the community will whip up some kind of hacked firmware in no time.

Edit: I might be wrong though:

Bitmain have hacked stratum in the S9 miner.
Adding their own special command for antpool ... who knows what they do with that extra command during authentification ...

We don't allow invalid commands during authentication e.g. to stop DDoS attempts sending rubbish to the pool when they connect.
So, yep as of now the S9 wont work on CKPool.
Any pool that allows the miner to send random rubbish during connection will allow it.

Keep an eye on the followup. Kano has long been critical of antpool messing with his code, for now I'm guessing other pools will still accept S9, but def keep an eye on it.

Philipma asked the question:

Well back to a very simple question  to bitmaintech:

Please confirm if you restricted your miner's pool choices?

If this is answered in the affirmative then it is a serious attack on the integrity of the network.

liveflipcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:29:50 AM

A few questions:

1)How exactly does one get paid on Antpool specifically when doing PPLNS?, I am running one S7 (~4.74-5 Th/s) right now (waiting on a few more) and I noticed that everytime Antpool finds a block I get 2 cents? is this 2 cents separate from my daily payout that I am going to get?

2)And also what is the "Diff1 Share Count"?  

3)What is the large number under "Accepted" mean?

a little confused here. thanks
chudm

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:25:29 PM

guys anyone having issues with antpool this week? my hash rate is the same, but im receiving like half the profit
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:28:32 PM

guys anyone having issues with antpool this week? my hash rate is the same, but im receiving like half the profit

If you look at the stats page and have been following antpool they have had some real unlucky blocks lately.  Prolly from using a jacked up version of cgminer. Aka bmminer Wink  as easy as it is and as much tension as it would settle by open sourcing the code they run I don't get why it hasn't been done other than to Keep up tensions.  There track record of being good stewards of btc is seriously lacking.  If not for the machines they sell they would have been long gone.

Best regards
D57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
chudm

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:39:23 PM

it seems several pools have been unlucky latetly, and the btc price keep the same, that sounds bad for us after the halving
liveflipcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:41:09 PM

How much will I make if I used 80 th/s using pplns in antpool with 20 blocks found per day? Can domeone show me the calculation please? Thanks
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:35:38 AM

you can try

https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

http://preev.com/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bitgameSolo

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:04:54 PM

On my antpool worker page im confused what rejection is, what the percentage marks mean, and a couple other details. Is there a thread that discusses this stuff? It appears that a lot of my s5 machines are getting rejected? Thanks for any advice!
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:07:06 PM

i cant believe anyone is still mining on this pool.

now that the block reward halved, by keeping the tx fees, this pool is paying significantly lower than any other pool.

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: