Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool  (Read 382746 times)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:51:26 AM

You submit shares based on the work given.
If you happen to find a block, oddly enough, that doesn't mean you submitted a share worth 25BTC ...
It's worth the difficulty you are mining at.

Mining is random with quite a bit of variance.
Seems it is rampant that miners don't understand what that means.

... variance over 1 second ...

I see you've been a linux user since Red Hat 4 in 97. This is the kind of reply that made me temporarily jump off the linux boat in 97. Instead of complaining of how stupid I am it would be nice if you could explain if these rare instances leads to skewed rewards. You can see on the list the 190PH is the odd one out. Did those who didn't get to submit shares within that 1s miss out?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:14:28 AM

No, they got the anticipated/expected average, for the submitted short/block! Or at least that's what I got .
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:31:52 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 08:49:14 AM by kano

If you happen to find a block, oddly enough, that doesn't mean you submitted a share worth 25BTC ...

I see you've been a linux user since Red Hat 4 in 97. This is the kind of reply that made me temporarily jump off the linux boat in 97. Instead of complaining of how stupid I am it would be nice if you could explain if these rare instances leads to skewed rewards. You can see on the list the 190PH is the odd one out. Did those who didn't get to submit shares within that 1s miss out?
Glad you jumped off something beyond you ...

It says the block lasted 1 second.

Again if that is difficult to understand, you are in the wrong business.

Isn't that obvious that the variance of 1 second of mining could easily be multiple times more or fractions less than the expected shares submitted?

Look at ANY miners shares submitted for 1 second only and use that as the average hash rate and you'll almost always be wrong.

Here's an unrelated point Smiley Most pools set the submission rate to be once per a few seconds.
So also probably 2/3 of the devices mining on the pool didn't even submit a share for that block at all.

Bitcoin is all about random probability and statistics - quite literally.
You really should know a little about something before you spend money on it Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:34:05 AM

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:18:13 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 10:36:21 PM by -ck

Isn't that obvious that the variance of 1 second of mining could easily be multiple times more or fractions less than the expected shares submitted?

Look at ANY miners shares submitted for 1 second only and use that as the average hash rate and you'll almost always be wrong.

(Y)Here's an unrelated point Smiley Most pools set the submission rate to be once per a few seconds.
So also probably 2/3 of the devices mining on the pool didn't even submit a share for that block at all.

You really should know a little about something before you spend money on it Tongue

My Lord, you're a ....

You still haven't answered my question (X), although proven my point several times over. To spell it out for you, again: I haven't checked how this pool calculates rewards in these instances. Does Y mean that those who haven't submitted their shares yet won't be rewarded for that block?

Nevermind, "lesser souls" have more or less answered already.

Edit: I finally have access to antpool again, I guess I can check myself.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:50:28 PM

I see you've been a linux user since Red Hat 4 in 97. This is the kind of reply that made me temporarily jump off the linux boat in 97. Instead of complaining of how stupid I am it would be nice if you could explain if these rare instances leads to skewed rewards. You can see on the list the 190PH is the odd one out. (X)Did those who didn't get to submit shares within that 1s miss out?

(Y)Here's an unrelated point Smiley Most pools set the submission rate to be once per a few seconds.

My Lord, you're a ....

You still haven't answered my question (X), although proven my point several times over. To spell it out for you, again: I haven't checked how this pool calculates rewards in these instances. Does Y mean that those who haven't submitted their shares yet won't be rewarded for that block?

Nevermind, "lesser souls" have more or less answered already.

Edit: I finally have access to antpool again, I guess I can check myself.
Your question (X).
Well, that question means you are mining at a pool and have no idea of how their payout scheme works.
Sorry I didn't expect anyone to be that stupid.
That is an attribute of antpool, and something you should know before committing hash rate to them.
If you wonder if you would get paid because a block was found quickly, then you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

The pool payout method that pays only the people who find the shares in the last block is Prop - that no pool run by anyone but a moron would use - and no miner except a moron would mine on.

Antpool uses PPS or PPLNS or both.
No idea which they use, but it doesn't matter since neither payout scheme is adversely affected by a 1 second block as is obvious if you find out about PPS or PPLNS.
Go read the web site, I'm sure they explain there somewhere how they pay you - or maybe you even had to choose when you started? ... though you should have read that (or asked here) before you started mining.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
serverguy

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:13:03 PM

I can get to the main antpool site but can't get logged into my account.  I get a cloudflare error.  Anybody else seeing that?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:14:15 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 10:37:04 PM by -ck

Your question (X).
Well, that question means you are mining at a pool and have no idea of how their payout scheme works.
Sorry I didn't expect anyone to be that stupid.
That is an attribute of antpool, and something you should know before committing hash rate to them.
If you wonder if you would get paid because a block was found quickly, then you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

The pool payout method that pays only the people who find the shares in the last block is Prop - that no pool run by anyone but a moron would use - and no miner except a moron would mine on.

Antpool uses PPS or PPLNS or both.
No idea which they use, but it doesn't matter since neither payout scheme is adversely affected by a 1 second block as is obvious if you find out about PPS or PPLNS.
Go read the web site, I'm sure they explain there somewhere how they pay you - or maybe you even had to choose when you started? ... though you should have read that (or asked here) before you started mining.

Of course, you are right. Silly me. I think it's pplns.

Btw. I see you have your own pool. Where did you learn those marketing skills? Neighbourhood pimp perhaps?

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:22:29 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 10:37:31 PM by -ck

Of course, you are right. Silly me. I think it's pplns.

Btw. I see you have your own pool. Where did you learn those marketing skills? Neighbourhood pimp perhaps?

Don't be mad that you didn't take the time to research the pool you were using more.  Had you read anything about the pool you would know the payout procedures and that the reward is calculated based on shares submitted for more than one block.  

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:23:18 PM

I can get to the main antpool site but can't get logged into my account.  I get a cloudflare error.  Anybody else seeing that?
Yes, it's been on and off for a while. Maybe they should put Kano here on the case. But then again, maybe not. Life is too short.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:59:19 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 10:38:09 PM by -ck

Don't be mad that you didn't take the time to research the pool you were using more.  Had you read anything about the pool you would know the payout procedures and that the reward is calculated based on shares submitted for more than one block.  

If you're a buddy of Mr.Personality and want to stand up for him, then... good on you.

I've been told that I can increase the capacity of my site by adding up to 4 new 630KVA transformers, which seems reasonable in relation to the power lines that runs through the property. But I don't know. What do I do? I ask an engineer to come look at the site and tell me which configuration is most suitable. I am not an expert at everything, nor do I have to be. The miners are running and I'm making the bitcoins I am supposed to on this pool. That doesn't mean I am not interested in the specifics from time to time, which may result in a question on this forum in a thread dedicated to one of Mr.Personality's competitors (questions on a forum, I know, crazy). And I'm ok with that. What makes me mad is when this [can't say, will get banned] drops in just to piss on people.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:12:37 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 10:38:30 PM by -ck

If you're a buddy of Mr.Personality and want to stand up for him, then... good on you.

I've been told that I can increase the capacity of my site by adding up to 4 new 630KVA transformers, which seems reasonable in relation to the power lines that runs through the property. But I don't know. What do I do? I ask an engineer to come look at the site and tell me which configuration is most suitable. I am not an expert at everything, nor do I have to be. The miners are running and I'm making the bitcoins I am supposed to on this pool. That doesn't mean I am not interested in the specifics from time to time, which may result in a question on this forum in a thread dedicated to one of Mr.Personality's competitors (questions on a forum, I know, crazy). And I'm ok with that. What makes me mad is when this [can't say, will get banned] drops in just to piss on people.
Lulz well I guess from your ignorant point of view my post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855548.msg11049997#msg11049997
from Kano the fucktard, is just to piss people off Smiley
Though I had the opinion it wasn't ...

As for my marketing skills. I have none.
I don't suck up to people to make them give me money.
Money does not decide my actions - clearly unlike you - from your statement.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 10:39:08 PM by -ck

Groovy, go hug a rainbow

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 12:49:47 AM

I'm able to log in fine, they've seem to have had a couple issues today and yesterday, maybe upgrading servers or DDOS Tongue

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Llord-of-the-Sword

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:23:48 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 01:52:26 AM by Llord-of-the-Sword

Gotta agree with Fatman; your initial answer was kind of douch laden "K". I only say that because I got a answer from you that was pretty level headed considering it was noob based as well. All in all let's get money. Never know when we may work together on a project so why create enemies?...

Anyway; seems like my miners are having issues with the Antpool. I wonder what's happing. Anyone else bouncing around at Antpool today?
tokingtoking

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:57:36 AM

same issue here.
on off couple of times. now off.

Gotta agree with Fatman; your initial answer was kind of douch laden "K". I only say that because I got a answer from you that was pretty level headed considering it was noob based as well. All in all let's get money. Never know when we may work together on a project so why create enemies?...

Anyway; seems like my miners are having issues with the Antpool. I wonder what's happing. Anyone else bouncing around at Antpool today?
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:20:12 AM

I finally had to quit using this pool due to it dying too much. For now I have switched to f2pool as my primary. Will check back in a few months to see if this pool has been fixed and has reliable uptime. Good luck BITMAIN.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:27:28 PM

I finally had to quit using this pool due to it dying too much. For now I have switched to f2pool as my primary. Will check back in a few months to see if this pool has been fixed and has reliable uptime. Good luck BITMAIN.

It is sad my miner's keep dying aswell.  Some find it alive and others dont after.   

Please help Bitmain.
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:31:31 PM

The miners are running

well you know who you can thank for this...  Cheesy seriously, you'll probably never know why this is so funny.

as to an issue related to antpool... i ventured over there to see what has changed in the last few month... wtf is lottery in the payment system. obviously pplns is quite self explanatory, but i have no idea how a lottery payment system works for payout. i get the general idea of a lottery, but as applicable to this particular scenario i'm left a little puzzled to the details. any idea if this function actually works and how much the "jackpot" is?
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 05:44:43 PM

Currently ANTPOOL is not so stable, please set a backup pool or temporary use another pool!

hope to see you guys come back later!

It is sad my miner's keep dying aswell.  Some find it alive and others dont after.   

Please help Bitmain.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: