Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:14:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 1189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker  (Read 1811506 times)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:20:53 PM

These days, fcmatt is the biggest bear in the forums. That says a lot about how far we've come. The trollish bears are pretty much gone these days. There used to be many of them in 2011 if I remember correctly.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:24:25 PM

These days, fcmatt is the biggest bear in the forums. That says a lot about how far we've come. The trollish bears are pretty much gone these days. There used to be many of them in 2011 if I remember correctly.

after the drop from $30?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:58:07 PM

I treat bitcoin like a ponzi. I will admit it.
I think bitcoin will start declining in a few years and fade away.
Something else will replace it that will cause people to shift to it.
Internet folks are very fickle. So I will take as much as I can take and give nothing back.

See them apples? you like them.

Once upon a time I worked for a startup that was purchased for 250M USD in cash.  This was around 1999.  We just had to park our *sses at the parent company for a year or two waiting for our options to mature and pay out of escrow.  

One individual was sitting on 1M USD but he chose to LEAVE that money and become the first engineering hire in a new startup.  The company was a *SURE* thing...  until the market imploded.  5 years later I (and many of the same engineers) were working for another startup and it turned out the company he went to was trying to re-purpose their product to compete in our space.  They failed, we were sold for 100+M.

You may think BTC will fade away, but I hope you have the foresight to save at least 10%-25% just for your own mental stability a few years from now...

It is thinking like this that is definitely causing me to cash out every few days.
Too speculative for my taste. When you hear talk like this, like hearing an elevator operator in 1929 discussing wall st,
you head for the hills.

I'll never leave the hills.  Fuck cities with their crazy flatlanders.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:58:20 PM

I treat bitcoin like a ponzi. I will admit it.
I think bitcoin will start declining in a few years and fade away.
Something else will replace it that will cause people to shift to it.
Internet folks are very fickle. So I will take as much as I can take and give nothing back.

See them apples? you like them.

Once upon a time I worked for a startup that was purchased for 250M USD in cash.  This was around 1999.  We just had to park our *sses at the parent company for a year or two waiting for our options to mature and pay out of escrow. 

One individual was sitting on 1M USD but he chose to LEAVE that money and become the first engineering hire in a new startup.  The company was a *SURE* thing...  until the market imploded.  5 years later I (and many of the same engineers) were working for another startup and it turned out the company he went to was trying to re-purpose their product to compete in our space.  They failed, we were sold for 100+M.

You may think BTC will fade away, but I hope you have the foresight to save at least 10%-25% just for your own mental stability a few years from now...

It is thinking like this that is definitely causing me to cash out every few days.
Too speculative for my taste. When you hear talk like this, like hearing an elevator operator in 1929 discussing wall st,
you head for the hills.

No, analyze fundamentals and potential.  If they remain sound then don't dump it all, diversify.

The much-touted-on-these-forums retail use of BTC may be promising but suffers from the network effect and its generally not worth the savings (3% + currency conversion) to evangelize for a one time purchase.  But if you have repeat international business (B2B supply chain procurement from china for example) then BTC is the clear winner and is worth pursuing.  Since it provides a valuable service and essentially "earns" you 3%-5% per transaction, BTC may be in a bubble today, but is not a ponzi.  You (the end user) will not see B2B adoption until its too late, except perhaps as an increase in the txns on the blockchain.

You are one of the lucky few who stumbled on this "edge".  Where else is this kind of financial marketplace innovation going on?  There's only one salve for the guy who bought the 10000 BTC Papa John's pizza order (that's what 62000 USD per pie? just 2-3 years ago), and that's if he held onto another 10k BTC...

kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 08:52:13 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 09:03:34 PM by kentrolla

i don't think bitcoin will ever fade away. I think it has solidified itself as THE cryptocurrency. All of the altcoins wouldn't be worth anything if they didn't exchange for bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:05:44 PM

i don't think bitcoin will ever fade away. I think it has solidified itself as THE cryptocurrency. All of the altcoins wouldn't be worth anything if they didn't exchange for bitcoin.

at least to start off

kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 09:41:58 PM

at least to start off
well in the hypothetical situation where there is a superior altcoin that we switch over to then people who already have bitcoin will be rich anyway even if bitcoin does get replaced.  So i still think bitcoin is a good investment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:04:22 PM

Wheres the WALL pictures people, quite curious

keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:13:10 PM

Wheres the WALL pictures people, quite curious

http://alfixturedesign.com/420/bidask.jpg

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:28:33 PM

/\ That's the ugly free wall pic. I want the black background one and don't just invert the colors

mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 10:53:05 PM

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:18:23 PM

a little downhill from here

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 11:22:35 PM

no...

Up!

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:24:04 PM

no...

Up!

Down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, and so on.

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:25:14 PM

no...

Up!

i hope cuz 'Ow'....the felling when you meant to place a sell order and accidentally put it as a buy order

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:30:34 PM

I once again agree with Technomage: back around the Prague conference (pretty much exactly one year ago) I claimed that the mood in the community was shifting (from bad to good).

Now it seem the mood in the journalistic community and lots of other areas of society seems to be shifting... that should have much more of an impact.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:29:02 AM

I once again agree with Technomage: back around the Prague conference (pretty much exactly one year ago) I claimed that the mood in the community was shifting (from bad to good).

Now it seem the mood in the journalistic community and lots of other areas of society seems to be shifting... that should have much more of an impact.

Being a bear should not be considered "bad". Those that think that way are striving for true believer status. And that status could be defined as bitcoin is going to make me rich as long as i can collect enough and wait long enough for it to happen.

Who would have though you could sell a virtual coin for more then 10 bucks? Pretty amazing right?!? Well bulls, i was and am amazed and i am selling them as fast as i can get them. It is a viable plan right now. A good plan. Better then waiting for the day that may never come of seeing bitcoin at 100 if ever. I must haved mined close to a 1000 btc by now. Every last one has been sold and my money was used in other places. Perhaps used to pay down a mortgage, partly fund the ira, pay bills, go out to eat, whatever!

An old saying is that a bird in hand is better then two in a tree. Well that is how many here strike me. It is not good enough to sell at 12 for them. They are going to wait for some unknown number/goal and they have no plan. Except to the moon! Enough people here keep reinforcing the idea so they continue to believe.

Well the facts to me is that there are enough coins mined with a high enough price to support 50 times the usage we see today. Hell, most coins do nothing except sit. So this smaller amount of coins is doing all the work. Yet more are available every few minutes. So bitcoin needs 1000 times more growth to get moving. I do not think that is going to happen. Something else will replace it that is backed by a group of established companies. That is what will take off with mass appeal with their backing. These companies will not make you instant millionaires. Lol at the thought.

So being a bear in many cases just means that we see success already and are cashing out. We just do not see these moon dreams that people keep wishing for that will happen some day in the future if you just keep saying it enough times to yourselves.

Typed on a tablet... Makes it rough to get it out better.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:36:58 AM

Being a bear should not be considered "bad". Those that think that way are striving for true believer status. And that status could be defined as bitcoin is going to make me rich as long as i can collect enough and wait long enough for it to happen.

Who would have though you could sell a virtual coin for more then 10 bucks? Pretty amazing right?!? Well bulls, i was and am amazed and i am selling them as fast as i can get them. It is a viable plan right now. A good plan. Better then waiting for the day that may never come of seeing bitcoin at 100 if ever. I must haved mined close to a 1000 btc by now. Every last one has been sold and my money was used in other places. Perhaps used to pay down a mortgage, partly fund the ira, pay bills, go out to eat, whatever!

An old saying is that a bird in hand is better then two in a tree. Well that is how many here strike me. It is not good enough to sell at 12 for them. They are going to wait for some unknown number/goal and they have no plan. Except to the moon! Enough people here keep reinforcing the idea so they continue to believe.

Well the facts to me is that there are enough coins mined with a high enough price to support 50 times the usage we see today. Hell, most coins do nothing except sit. So this smaller amount of coins is doing all the work. Yet more are available every few minutes. So bitcoin needs 1000 times more growth to get moving. I do not think that is going to happen. Something else will replace it that is backed by a group of established companies. That is what will take off with mass appeal with their backing. These companies will not make you instant millionaires. Lol at the thought.

So being a bear in many cases just means that we see success already and are cashing out. We just do not see these moon dreams that people keep wishing for that will happen some day in the future if you just keep saying it enough times to yourselves.

Typed on a tablet... Makes it rough to get it out better.

We differ in fundamental view and/or goals regarding Bitcoin.

The "plan" is to never sell. I would only sell if bitcoin was clear to have failed and in that case I probably wont sell either, because I'll get nothing for my coins.

The only options for me with bitcoin are: buy, spend, speculate (max 10%).

I will never "get out" and I'm not hoping for "moon prices". I'm hoping for "no prices" and everything else being priced in bitcoin.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 01:30:21 AM

Hell, most coins do nothing except sit.

Have you noticed that this statement also applies to gold?

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:49:13 AM

Hell, most coins do nothing except sit.

Have you noticed that this statement also applies to gold?

Due to the cost manufacturing found replacements.

Did you know salt was more valuable then gold at one time?
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 1189 »
  Print  

Jump to: