Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 09:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 2459 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3377498 times)
rawbot

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:30:39 AM

I think Cryptsy dug itself into this GAW/Paycoin shit so deep, it will go down, too, when Garza finally goes to jail. Why did XPY become part of the USD market there in the first place, while dozens of other coins can only be traded for BTC or LTC? It all stinks of collaboration with the fraudster.
If you have any cryptocoins or fiat moneys on Cryptsy, take them out and delete your account.

Without a shadow of a doubt there is major collusion right at the top of both companies.  The statements from the cryptsy staff here are meaningless.  This is probably a deal cooked up by Big Vern and Josh Garza.   The fact that XPY was a US DOLLAR market in cryptsy  seals the proof for me.   Cryptsy deliberately set themselves up as a coin laundering vehicle for Josh Garza which explains the mysterious transactions directly in and out of crypsy which Paul Revere has discovered.  Somebody high up in GAW obviously had elevated priviliges within Cryptsy which allowed them to use Cryptsy wallets in order to shuffle paycoins with bots.

This is criminal.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:45:34 AM

I think Cryptsy dug itself into this GAW/Paycoin shit so deep, it will go down, too, when Garza finally goes to jail. Why did XPY become part of the USD market there in the first place, while dozens of other coins can only be traded for BTC or LTC? It all stinks of collaboration with the fraudster.
If you have any cryptocoins or fiat moneys on Cryptsy, take them out and delete your account.

Without a shadow of a doubt there is major collusion right at the top of both companies.  The statements from the cryptsy staff here are meaningless.  This is probably a deal cooked up by Big Vern and Josh Garza.   The fact that XPY was a US DOLLAR market in cryptsy  seals the proof for me.   Cryptsy deliberately set themselves up as a coin laundering vehicle for Josh Garza which explains the mysterious transactions directly in and out of crypsy which Paul Revere has discovered.  Somebody high up in GAW obviously had elevated priviliges within Cryptsy which allowed them to use Cryptsy wallets in order to shuffle paycoins with bots.

This is criminal.

what makes it even more confusing. if they had not accepted the PC and delisted paycoin, no one would investigate deeper. at least not the public. "to dig one's own grave"

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:45:41 AM

The chick looks hot.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:15:49 AM

In light of these turn of events, I wonder what coinfire is working on?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2431
Merit: 1642

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:30:51 AM

To know that Cryptsy were involved with Ganza in October also seals it for me. This will not and cannot end well.

We know there are multiple Alphabets all over the Ganza show, there's no reason to think otherwise now with Cryptsy. Knowing this, is reason enough to remove any funds from their platform as it could be seized or shut down at any time.

In all of the things I've seen and read lately, this stands up there as one of the shadiest parts of the picture. Even if the original intent was pure, Ganza has trashed that for them and dragged them through all sorts of shite past present and future.

Again, there cannot be anything good come of this. It's not hard to connect the dots and it seems the more Cryptsy say in their defence, the more the leaked emails cough up and destroy the "we're the good guys" speeches.

Maybe someone at Cryptsy will finally small that coffee and realise this is toxic and the best thing to do now is damage limitation by expunging all connections to Ganza and XPY and prepare for a bumpier ride than usual. There may will be trouble ahead !
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:38:36 AM

Based on the State police offering of mugshots, I imagine the same applies to the village police service?

Arrest Processing Photos
To request a mug shots taken by the Vermont State Police for a VSP arrest, send a message to dps.mugshots@state.vt.us. When making a mug shot request, it is imperative that you include the name, age, date of arrest, and the barracks from which the suspect was arrested. Please keep in mind an arrest processing photo may not exist if the suspect was cited and released or if extenuating circumstances prevented a photo from being taken.

The Vermont State Police cannot release arrest processing photos taken by another agency.

Perhaps someone can contact them and request Garza's mugshot so that we may see if he tears paycoins or not...

http://brattleboropolice.org/contact

Must be shitting in his pants, ample emails where instructions are given that 'carlos wants to be paid in cash only' and there after continues instructions to give 'carlos x'ooo dollars from petty cash...'

Nothing that a stiff drink cannot fix mind you.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:42:37 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 12:12:52 PM by Franz_Huber

Confessions of a troll
I can't stand the fact that Paycoin is so innovative. With amazing features such as prime controllers this coin will soon overtake Bitcoin. Satoshi Nakamoto is a smart guy, but only a genius like Josh Homero Garza could have invented a revolutionary cryptocurrency such as Paycoin - and I am jealous. I have to admit it. Jealous that Garza is blessed with such a great mind. Jealous that the early investors, who put their savings, their wives' savings and their kids' college funds into Paycoin, will be wealthy while all I will have is stupid bitcoins and fiat. I still could buy XPY these days, because they are really cheap at the moment, but it's too hard to switch sides now, even when I know that Paycoin - with the help of Coinstand, Mineral and Cryptsy - will be the currency of the future. Instead I chose to be a troll and to destroy all the good that GAW has done. Today I went to the supermarket and bought another bag of Trolli. They have a sweet sour taste and help me stay up all night trollfudding and asking pesky questions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:47:30 AM

Subject: Be careful, please
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 03:23:08 -0700
To: Josh Garza <josh@btc.com>

Josh,

Some of us are worried about you. Recently, I have had some of my close HT friends contact me and ask how we can express our concern. We concluded that I send you an email, and not list their names. Mostly because I was the only one who had the balls to do it - everyone else had fear that you would not like them and ban them if they expressed their opinions. So here I am.

We are worried about what you say in public/private, and how sometimes things don't get communicated in the best manner.

You are getting a lot of hate lately, which is normal for a company - but should be addressed in a different manner. Maybe consider bringing on a PR firm to help you with this. I can expand more on this if you would like.

After talking to some people that are new to PayCoin, I asked them - how big does GAW seem to you? One replied, "I would say 5 people or so". The other replied, "It's run by Josh and Eric right?"

That right there, made me realize that you should consider adding some depth to your company on a public level. People will take you a lot more seriously if they realize there are a lot of people involved.

This means, stop addressing everything yourself. That is something the majority of people who contacted me wanted me to say.

You have posted publicly your plans for the company, and the information you need to post. Users can read that and go from there. No need to get into arguments with others on different forums.

One of the HT users who actually manages several public companies PR overseas told me:

"I think Josh should stop making everything so personal, especially when making announcements. It's one thing to announce representing a company, and another to do it personally. People get upset when personal promises are broken, but not so much what a company promises. All he has to say is, "my company informed me incorrectly as far as timing for this launch" which would take a lot of the heat off him."

Next, tonight one of my friends brought me dinner to my house (I'm sick, got an awful fever and can hardly function). He chilled (far away from me) and we talked about what I'm currently up to in life. I mentioned you guys and he went on his laptop to find some info on you while I ate.

After a while, he told me that the PayCoin idea was quite cool and that he wants to invest some money into it. He asked where he can stay updated with what is going on and I told him to follow you on Twitter. After a couple moments he told me, "Why would I invest in a company that their own CEO can't even spell?". I laughed and told him you had a long night probably. Read your most recent tweet.

On that note.

Something that was brought up often was your spelling.

Just clean up your text before you post on BTCTalk, Twitter, etc. It's a simple step that makes you look a lot more impressive if done properly.

Sometimes before I tweet something, I save the tweet as a draft, go do something for a while, then come back and reanalyze it. It's then that I usually notice the flaws and correct them.

Also on that note, the reason I'm not interested in running your Twitter is because I feel like we would clash heads too often. There is a lot of stuff you post that many of us think is quite arrogant and only adds to the flames directed at GAW. A lot of the stuff you post I would delete, which would make you angry.

Also - no need to argue with people on twitter. Most CEOs don't even reply to people; that is both a strategic and feasible move.

A reasonable idea that someone pitched to me - give Amber access to your twitter. Text her your ideas for tweets. She spell checks them and PC's them and posts it. That's all. No blocking people you don't like, or replying with smart answers. That will just cause more drama - which you don't need.

Anyways, we all have high hopes for this company - and wanted to voice a couple concerns to you, which we hope you consider knowing we are here to help.

-Payton & Hashers

(Excuse my spelling. I can't think straight at 101.2F and was pestered to get this written and sent to you)

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:01:42 PM

Well that is an unpleasant surprise, our fit friend "hey bud" is the CTO of Cryptsy. Having used them extensively in the past I cannot complain of any real issues, other than a few clearly sloppy technical annoyances e.g. daemons being down and withdrawals having to be manually effected causing delays, coins on deposit mysteriously vanishing for several days etc. etc. All makes sense now. Fit body equals a fit mind... Roll Eyes

More importantly what about the MAT asic deal that was brokered? Someone came in here months ago detailing how "bud" maneuvered into MAT's first batch that was long pre-sold to the poor masses, and had them diverted to Gomero's operation. Thus effectively re-selling sold goods with is a no-no in the EU. The entire email dealings and contracts are on file in the dump, not clear the final outcome without digging them up again but crafty "bud" might have been too crafty, on top of his agreed commission for brokering the deal, tried to insist on an escrow being used, obviously to tap an additional margin on the cost of the goods...

Worse is is his fascination with this or "these"   Shocked

Subject:    Re: Booth for Hashers United
Date:    Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:55:25 -0700
To:    Josh Garza <josh@btc.com>

Ok,

Calm your tits. If your team comes early, and commandeers an adjacent space, and sets up in time, Ill just pat your ass and cup your balls. Tell your team to plan better bro. We literally finalized the floor plan 1 hour before amber called. That is not on me. However, I love your balls and it is fine.

But you gotta give me an hj. Deal?

Date: Friday, October 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM
To: Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com>
Subject: Fwd: Booth for Hashers United

You got to be kidding? We paid you 20k

Don't make this an issue you asshat

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Oct 3, 2014 9:46 PM
Subject: Booth for Hashers United
To: "Evan Jones" <ejones@gawminers.com>, "Josh Garza" <josh@btc.com>, "Rami Abramov" <rami@btc.com>, "Christian Gogol" <christian@gawminers.com>
Cc:

Hi guys,
Sorry for the late notice. I just spoke with Marshall from Final Hash. If we use the 20x10 structure Monica created for us, they are saying we will have to get an additional both, which will cost extra.

I spoke with Monica and she said we can use just 10ft of the booth if we want, its still functional that way.

So my question is, do we want to use the whole structure and pay for the extra space, use 10ft and stay at the same price, or i can try to get the extra space without extra cost(so far hasn't worked for me)

Thank you for your thoughts!

Subject: SMS from Marshall Long [(972) 658-8670]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:04:31 +0000
From: Marshall Long (SMS) <18025798360.19726588670.jGP6392m7h@txt.voice.google.com>
To: josh@geniusesatwork.com

Its all good dude. Im just bustin your balls.

Subject:    Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas
Date:    Wed, 01 Oct 2014 23:24:55 +0000 (GMT)
To:    josh@btc.com

Yo let me in on the live interview bro. Il cup your balls

Sent from my Sprint phone

------ Original message------

Date: Wed, Oct 1, 2014 16:04

To: Marshall Long;

Cc: Marco Streng;Abram Kottmeier;Leo Iruke;

Subject:Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas

hurry, or I am going to make them choose one of your questions for the live interview Smiley

Josh Garza
CEO- GAW Corp

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

Hahaha. Its on the charger. Imma call u in 1 minute

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    Cc: Marco Streng <marco.streng@genesis-mining.com>, Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, Leo Iruke <leoslaw@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas

i am reneging

pick up your phone!

Josh Garza
    CEO- GAW Corp

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

Nobody cares. You picked the mclaren. Live with your choice rook

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM
        Cc: Marco Streng <marco.streng@genesis-mining.com>, Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, <leoslaw@gmail.com>

I want that one, thats the only one I don’t already have Smiley

Josh Garza
        CEO- GAW Corp

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

Give him the huracan… marco yu cant just say lambo dude…

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM
            To: Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com>, Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, <Josh@btc.com>, <leoslaw@gmail.com>

Haha, then let's go with the lambo. Is that fine Abram?
            Thank you guys btw. this is really a great idea!

Greetings,
            Marco

Am 01.10.2014 22:23, schrieb Marshall Long:
>             Marco,
>
>             Here are your options.
>
>             Www.exoticsracing.com
>             No bugatti’s. Don’t be greedy bud Smiley
>
>             From: Marco Streng <marco.streng@genesis-mining.com>
>             Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM
>             To: Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, <Josh@btc.com>, <leoslaw@gmail.com>, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com>, Dave Carlson <dave@megabigpower.com>
>             Subject: Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas
>
>             Haha, that sounds fantastic! Let's get it rolling Smiley
>
>             Wednesday noon is perfect!
>
>             Is bugatti veyron also an option?
>
>             Greetings from Munich,
>             Marco
>
>             Am 01.10.2014 22:31, schrieb Abram Kottmeier:
>>             Hope everyone's Wednesday is rocking!
>>
>>             I've been working with Dave Carlson and Mega Big Power for a few months now. He suggested we get a group of guys together and go race exotic cars out the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. If we do it on Wednesday it could be a perfect break in between shows and a whole lot of fun. We can race Ferrari's, Lambo's, they've even got a McLaren.
>>
>>             Dave's been gracious enough to cover a 5-lap sessi

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:09:56 PM

But you gotta give me an hj. Deal?

Suddenly, HJ Garza makes a lot more sense  Grin

I'm still baffled that a CEO of a company uses his Company mails for private stuff. I mean, what if those emails leak some day? wouldn't that be horrible  Roll Eyes

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:10:29 PM

This guy needs a ban asap https://hashtalk.org/topic/37121/how-many-coins-are-being-produced-each-day

ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:17:22 PM

What is with all the homo-erotic ball-cupping & h/j jokes? Who talks like this? Fuckin' weird.

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:18:32 PM

Homero tries to dazzle Uncle or is it Daddy with his business genius in the early days, sad for him but rightly so, the author painstakingly details what it all is really about...

That "DnJ" company comes up quite a lot in the early days, I would guess it stands for "dan and josh" since dan was locked out of his bank accounts when money was flying early on into this company's bank accounts that dan had control of.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/263240360/DnJ-Miner-Corp-Income-Statement-Balance-Sheet-May-31-2014

Subject:    Financial plan
Date:    Tue, 10 Jun 2014 01:33:05 -0400
To:    Stuart Fraser <aukster@msn.com>, Shiraz Moosajee <Shiraz@gawminers.com>

Hey shiraz, figured I would loop Stuart in.

Whays the timing look like to have the Financials prepared?

Josh

Dear Stuart & Josh,
In answering this question, I am going to incorporate observations from my first 30 days and so this is going to be a much broader response and as always a candid one.

1. Historic Financials.  
Attached are the Draft Financial statements to May 31.  They are on a cash basis, require many explanations and adjustments and as such have limited usefulness to the business. There are many things missing (inventory, capital provided etc.) and "wrong" (inventory, revenue and cost accruals) that have to remedied. To fix these and be able to report to normal level of confidence will take at least 3 month end closes.  I.e October, reporting on September Month end.

To elaborate, the key element is Inventory accounting for which no operational system exists and which none appears planned for the change over to the new front end Magenta system. Assuming this can be implemented operationally, concurrent with the new warehouse occupation in July / August, then picking up the accounting back end and getting stock reconciliation's etc done here and in Hong Kong, and cleaned up by September month end is a tough schedule but realistic.  Its worth restating that without supply chain operational controls i.e purchases orders, goods received and dispatched notes & inventory, no reliance should be placed on any financial statements.

The other issues, primarily accrual and catching up ones, can always be caught up and fixed with resources, but the critical path is governed by inventory.  

2. Organizational Issues
The accruals problem is a good window into some of the organizational challenges and can best be seen through the hosting product. The accounting here requires that revenue be recognized over the course of the hosting period (12 months) along with costs.  Additionally, we would capitalize and amortize fixed costs in setting up the data center and accrue for operational ones.  To do this as a regular and normal activity, requires that the company have the people, operational processes and policies capable of this level of sophistication.  We don't.

To elaborate further, we have great people, highly motivated but with limited business and financial management experience, particularly for what is now appropriate for a company of some size and aspirations to be something much bigger.  Similarly, our processes and polices are fine for what existed but do not scale.  There is much to be done in terms of education, training and management development.

3. Normal Financial Management: Financial Control, Budgets, Variance Reporting Accountability etc
All of this needs to happen but I cannot see this in place till 2015, the critical path being dictated by the availability of good numbers per (1).  Otherwise its Garbage In /  Garbage Out.

Moreover, for this to work, requires the similar development of the organization per (2) above.  Basic Issues such a demarcation of cost and profit centers, budget holders, KPI's and job holder accountability and reporting etc.

For example, implementing a budget could be done as a a 'top down" process when what is required for the development of the company is a "bottoms up" process through the normal collaboration, iterations and compromise of the budgeting cycle.  To be effective, financial control has to be approached across the organization in a holistic manner rather than Accounting and Finance being the tail that wags that dog.

We are less than 3 months into the Miners business and these are off course "good" problems to have, dictated by the success of the business.  Equally, I am aware that we have many future opportunities that we are racing towards and there is always a balance that has to be struck between full speed ahead and out running our headlights and crashing at the first corner.  These are issues that have to addressed that both strategically and tactically and require your input and direction.

Shiraz

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:20:00 PM

Choose the fate of the Cryptsy Prime Controller https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1039661.new#new
GIFOS

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:27:04 PM

This is criminal.

+1

+1
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:27:32 PM

Yeah, he should not ask questions in paradise, where everything is supposed to be positive! Instead he should help out in fun threads like this one
https://hashtalk.org/topic/37018/how-s-it-going/2
or that one
https://hashtalk.org/topic/37112/where-are-you-from/2

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:48:49 PM

and who is the cam girl showing the cleavage?? is that why they are all smiling?

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:49:45 PM

This pretty much sums up a young Homero's business acumen.  All he was ever capable and still is only capable of, is sitting around in his underwear thinking up domain names and business names. And that's it.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/263243481/Business-Sear

https://www.vtsosonline.com/online/BusinessInquire/?isStartUpAction=False

https://www.scribd.com/doc/263244173/Corpse-Arch-Result

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corpweb/CorpSearch/CorpSearch.aspx

Register enough company names and domain names and "poof" you got yourself an empire. Print up some business cards H Josh Garza or Homero J Garza, or Josh Garza, or just  lain' ole Homero Garza: Chairman of the Board, and your in business. No one ever needs to know its run out of mommy's basement...

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1046

HODL

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:50:17 PM

Well this has backfired

The points I do want to make

1. We never wanted to profit off the prime node. And made it a point to make our addresses public so everyone could verify that

2. We wanted to give the people a vote. Currently its all ran by gaw and the paycoin foundation as well as other unknown parties. I think we can all agree its been a mess. We hoped this would at least give our users a say in what happens. As keeping our customers happy is the number one goal. Our vote essentially goes with the community

3. Any step paycoin takes that distances itself from gaw is a good step in my opinion. The keys were not going to be removed from the code so why not make it public and show people they now can verify those 3 controllers aren't dumping their coins. And now that we have a vote thats one vote in your favor towards removing them from the codebase all together as well as any other unknown controllers

Regardless. The overall feedback has been negative. We are open to any suggestions as to what to do with the controller. The only way cryptsy was going to benefit from this situation is if some good comes out of us having the controller in the communities eyes.

We wont be taking any more controllers that are offered to us

Thank you for a reasonable post. Although I find it hard to believe that you didn't realize the potential shitstorm - haven't you been following the drama surrounding one of your highest-volume coins? Smiley

As for best course of action - the problem is that the "community" will be very skeptical that Cryptsy will act in the best interests of said community. And who is the community Cryptsy is supposed to represent? Bagholders? Day traders? There is definitely some sort of ethical dilemma and/or conflict of interest here.

If we consider just the technical side the best thing to do would be to burn the stake and keep the principal coins locked up, until a fork is developed that gets rid of the unbalanced inflation. Not distribute to the users. Burning the stake would reduce the inflation and keeping the controllers would allow Cryptsy to still participate in the voting. But with only 3 votes I'm not sure it's really worth risking the bad publicity.

Thank you for this response. Its very reasonably written

Perhaps I was extremely naive in thinking this would go over well and people would understand we were trying the help the community and now GAW. I knew there would be some initial backlash. But I assumed when people saw we were being transparent with our addresses they would understand we were not doing it for any sort of profit

As far as the vote I completely understand people wont blindly trust cryptsy to vote in their favor. We were still working out ways to gauge interest before any vote of ours is placed. Wether that be a vote, poll or some other form of survey of the community.

I still want to have an official meeting before we reveal our plan with the controller moving forward. Ill make another update tomorrow. I don't think you will be disappointed

Won't use your service anymore.  You are supporting a shitcoin that needs to die.  It is the shit stain of crypto smeared all over the place.  The longer this thing stays alive, the more damage it does to the crypto world.

Will never use Cryptsy again.  Good move.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1046

HODL

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:52:10 PM

https://github.com/PaycoinFoundation/paycoin/blob/cf1eaf6a485281a9150e0b21e6232c0830d8697b/src/main.h

src/main.h

Code:
63	static const int64 MINIMUM_FOR_ORION = 50 * COIN;
64 static const int64 MINIMUM_FOR_PRIMENODE = 125000 * COIN;

So I was wrong, there is apparently a minimum. Which makes the leaked keys somewhat less dangerous - to make use of them someone would have to spend $20k or whatever the exchange rate is now.

Mr. Coins

Pages: « 1 ... 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 2459 »
  Print  

Jump to: