Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 [1752] 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376902 times)
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:56:31 PM

Why did Cryptsy implement a XPY/USD market weeks?months?, not sure how long ago i'd have to dig into it, when any reasonable person would have concluded XPY was dying?  Who made that decision and why?  Mr. Homero "Scam Muggle" Garbanzo had nothing to do with that?

We generally add a USD pairing to any coin that appears to be able to hold 1k volume if you look at the other pairing that is generally obvious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:00:41 PM

Why did Cryptsy implement a XPY/USD market weeks?months?, not sure how long ago i'd have to dig into it, when any reasonable person would have concluded XPY was dying?  Who made that decision and why?  Mr. Homero "Scam Muggle" Garbanzo had nothing to do with that?

We generally add a USD pairing to any coin that appears to be able to hold 1k volume if you look at the other pairing that is generally obvious.

Just curious, in which states is Cryptsy licensed as a MTB?
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:04:19 PM

I guess I will have to dig deeper into the numbers then but by my recollection it was added as the XPY volume was consistently falling day by day.  I think it was around the time that Homero's latest Mineral sham was introduced?  Someone will speak up with exact dates and numbers I am sure.

Just seems like an odd business decision.  Very few coins had a USD market at the time and when it comes to XPY you thought, "Hey, that coin launched by an illiterate fraud that is surrounded in controversy and being investigated by the SEC, the coin that is falling in price and volume consistently, how about we give that coin a new market!"
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:10:19 PM

So not my lane and it gets a bit confusing but most of the US exchanges Cryptsy, Coinbase etc are identically licensed. Some states don't require it others have very vague open ended rules. So though that doesn't answer your question its not a cut and dry process as you can see reflected throughout the space.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:10:59 PM

I guess I will have to dig deeper into the numbers then but by my recollection it was added as the XPY volume was consistently falling day by day.  I think it was around the time that Homero's latest Mineral sham was introduced?  Someone will speak up with exact dates and numbers I am sure.

Just seems like an odd business decision.  Very few coins had a USD market at the time and when it comes to XPY you thought, "Hey, that coin launched by an illiterate fraud that is surrounded in controversy and being investigated by the SEC, the coin that is falling in price and volume consistently, how about we give that coin a new market!"
It was added nearly the day it was listed.
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:13:02 PM

XPY is still substantially Garzacoin. He still controls a lot of coins. Do you have any idea how many coins are controlled by Garza?

I have no clue how many he holds. I do stand by the fact its probably best he doesn't control more than 51%
Aren't you acknowledging this is a huge problem? By supporting XPY Cryptsy is helping the scammer - this is utterly ridiculous. Scammer dumps portion of his premine, then donates some of the premine to other (impartial) 3rd parties so that he/she can dump the remaining part of the premine - wow.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:15:03 PM

So not my lane and it gets a bit confusing but most of the US exchanges Cryptsy, Coinbase etc are identically licensed. Some states don't require it others have very vague open ended rules. So though that doesn't answer your question its not a cut and dry process as you can see reflected throughout the space.

really ?

“I’m willing to share,” said Ehrsam. His company has more than $100 million in venture capital and is one of the most heavily capitalized companies in bitcoin. He said it took Coinbase two years and $2 million to be compliant with half the states.

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2015/04/24/fred-wilson-silicon-valley-next-wall-street.html?page=all

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:16:32 PM

MOTHER FUCKING LIE!!!!!!

Bold face lie, total horse shit.  Archiving and taking a screenshot.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:17:37 PM

really ?

“I’m willing to share,” said Ehrsam. His company has more than $100 million in venture capital and is one of the most heavily capitalized companies in bitcoin. He said it took Coinbase two years and $2 million to be compliant with half the states.

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2015/04/24/fred-wilson-silicon-valley-next-wall-street.html?page=all

Coinbase essentially took exactly how we operate its nearly identical, and yes it took about 2 years and $2 million sounds about right. They make wondrous claims of FDIC insured deposits as well.....By that logic ours are as well but that is true for any US bank deposit.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:18:32 PM

Feel free its the internet.... I assume anything I post is here for eternity. Let me get you the exact date.

MOTHER FUCKING LIE!!!!!!

Bold face lie, total horse shit.  Archiving and taking a screenshot.

Market added Dec 18th USD pairing the 22nd https://twitter.com/cryptsy for your archive.
HashieNewb

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:20:14 PM

really ?

Coinbase essentially took exactly how we operate its nearly identical, and yes it took about 2 years and $2 million sounds about right. They make wondrous claims of FDIC insured deposits as well.....By that logic ours are as well but that is true for any US bank deposit.

so, not really your lane, but Coinbase copied you. ok. got it. /s

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:21:35 PM

really ?

We were licensed before them...... well before. However copy is probably the wrong word your correct. All US exchanges basically operate the same to my knowledge.
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:25:51 PM

We were licensed before them...... well before. However copy is probably the wrong word your correct. All US exchanges basically operate the same to my knowledge.
Garza-style!
HashieNewb

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:26:30 PM

really ?

ok, so it is your lane. Can you answer Jimmothys question ?
"Just curious, in which states is Cryptsy licensed as a MTB?" or MSB.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:32:33 PM

2. What does your exchange owning 1, 2, or even 3 'Prime Controllers' have to do with keeping this coin's network 'secure'?
Obviously we have an interest in ensuring the network is stable to avoid "issues".

I don't understand this answer. I still don't understand why an exchange owning a hyperstaking wallet makes the coin any more secure than the exchange owning a normally staking wallet.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:33:04 PM

Feel free its the internet.... I assume anything I post is here for eternity. Let me get you the exact date.

MOTHER FUCKING LIE!!!!!!

Bold face lie, total horse shit.  Archiving and taking a screenshot.

Market added Dec 18th USD pairing the 22nd https://twitter.com/cryptsy for your archive.

Apologies, you are correct.  I'll admit when I am wrong.  My memory is failing me here.
Fargo

Activity: 283

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:40:01 PM

Garza-style!
Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:43:16 PM

What will be comedy gold is when it is revealed that the anonymous owner of the 15 or so PCs is an Arab with ties to terrorism and money laundering and then this sad-sack group of XPY holders, promoters, and exchanges get rounded up for supporting money laundering and funding terrorists.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:01:20 PM

What will be comedy gold is when it is revealed that the anonymous owner of the 15 or so PCs is an Arab with ties to terrorism and money laundering and then this sad-sack group of XPY holders, promoters, and exchanges get rounded up for supporting money laundering and funding terrorists.

this is the big reveal i'm holding out for

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:05:22 PM

+1 this
you know GAW/Garza is being investigated by DHS

if you cannot say who owns 15 prime wallets(!) + staking keys. how can you accept anything. i can distantly see you still list the coin because you are a greedy exchange. thats your business model. but being a critical part of 'securing'/increasing value of a infrastructure you dont know is reckless at best

so you believe everything youve been told?
if it ends up to be a fact that you are helping people in the banking watch list (maybe contact TD bank and see what happend with GAW account?). maybe the general public doesnt know all the facts, but i hope you do before you put your fat fingers into this pie
Pages: « 1 ... 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 [1752] 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: