Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 03:03:13 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc  (Read 41378 times)
menlatin (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:43:52 PM

It stopped syncing all together? What blk files did it create?

It's not giving errors, just not doing anything. I have deleted everything 4 times now and each time is the same. This is going to suck spending the next week downloading the blockchain.

next week? it takes me like 4 hours to download the whole thing. i must have fast internet

From 11 pm last night until right now I downloaded 41k blocks, roughly ~80k blocks a day = 5+ days to sync.

If I were to leave the wallet focused on my computer it would halve that time but I can't do that as I use this computer for working on my websites.

I have 50 mbps download speed but I have multiple wallets running for my games and faucets which bogs the internet down.

Sorry, it looks like it didn't upload properly. uploading again as .zip. ETA 30 mins

menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 05:08:42 PM

New bootstrap file!

http://www.goflap.io/download/bootstrap.zip

Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:05:46 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 10:24:47 PM by Griffith

With new wallet UPnP port mapping is unavailable, that is not good. It means guaranteed issues with conectivity (unable to accept incoming connections). Number of reachable nodes is already low and without UPnP enabled it will surely go down.

https://i.imgur.com/aElqmiV.jpg

that is incorrect, UPNP mapping is on, i compiled the wallets with upnp mapping enabled

Are you suggesting that I faked that screenshot?

No, absolutly not. What he means is that he enabled the upnp mapping when he compiled the wallets. So all the wallets have upnp enabled for better connectivity.
What you image shows is that we can't disable UPnP mapping

How many different Bitcoin-Qt-like wallets you have? I have a dozen and with none of them UPnP port mapping checkbox looks like one with a new Flappycoin wallet. So it must be that Bitcoin, Dash, Doge, Maxcoin and all other developers are wrong.

no, im telling you that you are wrong. i compiled it with upnp (you can check because i even made the proper adjustment for upnp for the latest version in the .pro file) so leave it alone. it has upnp, its not an issue
pembo210

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:07:11 AM

I'll put some hash your way  Tongue
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 02:28:34 PM

Ok, with the bootstrap the wallet finished loading last night. It didn't solve the problem of the unsent transactions though.

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:48:11 PM

Ok, with the bootstrap the wallet finished loading last night. It didn't solve the problem of the unsent transactions though.

add rescan=1 to your conf file. and then try opening the wallet
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:39:23 PM

add rescan=1 to your conf file. and then try opening the wallet

This didn't work either.

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:45:47 PM

just to clarify, these are 4.0 transactions that never were confirmed. correct?
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:57:10 PM

just to clarify, these are 4.0 transactions that never were confirmed. correct?

Correct, I upgraded the wallet on the 10th.
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:12:34 PM

alright. well. you need to rebroadcast your transactions to the network because they were never packed into a block... but this wallet doesnt have an rpc command to do that... so i can code one up today. theres probably also some other small fixes i could make to have the wallet run better. i post something before i go to sleep tonight. i am updating a website right now so it probably wont be until a little later in the day
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 04:19:01 PM

alright. well. you need to rebroadcast your transactions to the network because they were never packed into a block... but this wallet doesnt have an rpc command to do that... so i can code one up today. theres probably also some other small fixes i could make to have the wallet run better. i post something before i go to sleep tonight. i am updating a website right now so it probably wont be until a little later in the day

Luckily it was only 1 transaction so will save me some trouble. Almost every payment I send for any coin is done using the sendmany command.
FlappyFlapping

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:08:41 PM

Asked Mac wallet thread to add new flappycoin wallet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672.msg11625582#msg11625582

FLAP FLAP FLAP.  No pipes.  Smiley

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:04:51 PM

Awesome sauce!

I've been revisiting the asset talk. Here's what I've got.

In order to adhere the Google Play and iTunes store terms that all in-app purchases must happen through their payment system, what we can do is put an Open Asset layer over FlappyCoin and color all the coins that we distribute in game. These distributed coins would include those that are purchased in-app. We can allow users to import coins for creating new caches or recharging old caches. With the open asset protocol on Flappy vs bitcoin, we can allow transactions of much smaller value without having value eaten up by transaction fees. This will also let us put private keys in users hands and not in ours.

Then we use a Counterparty layer for all the in-game assets and smart-contracts for all the asset transfers.

Yeh?

menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 02:00:18 AM

Wait a second... so i'm reading the GooglePlay developer program policies again, and i think i may have misunderstood something...

App purchases: Developers charging for apps and downloads from Google Play must do so by using Google Play's payment system.
In-app purchases:
Developers offering virtual goods or currencies within a game downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play's in-app billing service as the method of payment.
Developers offering additional content, services or functionality within another category of app downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play's in-app billing service as the method of payment, except:
where payment is primarily for physical goods or services (e.g., buying movie tickets, or buying a publication where the price also includes a hard copy subscription); or
where payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the app itself (e.g., buying songs that can be played on other music players).

Does this mean users are allowed to import coins purchased else where and use them for in-game purchases?

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:05:01 AM

Wait a second... so i'm reading the GooglePlay developer program policies again, and i think i may have misunderstood something...

App purchases: Developers charging for apps and downloads from Google Play must do so by using Google Play's payment system.
In-app purchases:
Developers offering virtual goods or currencies within a game downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play's in-app billing service as the method of payment.
Developers offering additional content, services or functionality within another category of app downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play's in-app billing service as the method of payment, except:
where payment is primarily for physical goods or services (e.g., buying movie tickets, or buying a publication where the price also includes a hard copy subscription); or
where payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the app itself (e.g., buying songs that can be played on other music players).

Does this mean users are allowed to import coins purchased else where and use them for in-game purchases?

if you provide them the option to do so, yes that is what it means
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 02:27:28 AM

Well, fuck me. Here I was trying to figure a way around some non-existent rules.

menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 11:25:33 PM

Hey guys, we need some help getting the exchanges over to the wallet

Cryptsy: https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
AllCoin: https://allcoin.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Please submit support tickets so we can get this done ASAP!

I've already submitted 2 tickets to each, so lets FLAP!

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:33:13 PM

you reallyyyy DONT want to trade on allcoin. Please stay away from that exchange.

i main dev for ECC, MWC, and SUPER.

allcoin refused to update thier ECC wallet (didnt respond to requests in chat or tickets) for about two months.

for those two months they staked on thier own private fork on an outdated wallet. once they upgraded and resynced this morning they then froze the wallet because he claims a lot of his coins were missing. i then had a brief conversation with the exchange owner this morning. at the end he decided he is going to not let anyone withdraw ECC (froze the wallet) and is going to delist it after i explained to him the coins he said were missing never existed because of the outdated wallet and the fact that they were all on a fork. he wanted me to send him coins to make up for the "missing" ones. i said i wont send him real coins for the fake ones he mined for 2 months on the fork and now everyone who traded on the exchange has stuck funds.
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 11:44:59 PM

Well, there's about 600,000,000 coins there so i feel for their users. Cryptsy is my biggest concern. The hold at least 6 billion coins.

What happens if they don't update in time? We have control of about 50% of the existing coins and are in v4.0 wallets as of right now.

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:53:59 PM

Well, there's about 600,000,000 coins there so i feel for their users. Cryptsy is my biggest concern. The hold at least 6 billion coins.

What happens if they don't update in time? We have control of about 50% of the existing coins and are in v4.0 wallets as of right now.

oh. you should be able to trade still. once PoS kicks in only the PoS wallets will mint blocks. if an exchange is running 3.2 still. the transactions should still get packaged by a 4.0 wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: