Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:48:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc  (Read 41356 times)
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:38:58 AM

realized what was wrong with the miner and why it wasnt staking. so apperently in flappycoin the sleep() method is in seconds. in every other coin i have used sleep does milli seconds, sleep() in BTC is also milliseconds if you want a reference of what i mean by other coins. so i was telling it to sleep for 1000 (thinking that was 1000 milliseconds aka 1 second not 1000 seconds aka 16 minutes).

this meant that the timer which would check to recalc the time after 1 minute would get stuck doing this because it was trying every 16 minutes meaning every time the time updated it would just cause the cycle to restart. (if you want specifics with file and line numbers PM me).

so fixed that. right now im looking into the printing of the nonstandard transaction. also there is a bug where you can Stake a negative number of coins (meaning you lose coins). but this only happens if the tx you are using as your stake is < 1. so im fixing that right now.

new wallet very soon

Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:51:32 AM

realized what was wrong with the miner and why it wasnt staking. so apperently in flappycoin the sleep() method is in seconds. in every other coin i have used sleep does milli seconds, sleep() in BTC is also milliseconds if you want a reference of what i mean by other coins. so i was telling it to sleep for 1000 (thinking that was 1000 milliseconds aka 1 second not 1000 seconds aka 16 minutes).

this meant that the timer which would check to recalc the time after 1 minute would get stuck doing this because it was trying every 16 minutes meaning every time the time updated it would just cause the cycle to restart. (if you want specifics with file and line numbers PM me).

so fixed that. right now im looking into the printing of the nonstandard transaction. also there is a bug where you can Stake a negative number of coins (meaning you lose coins). but this only happens if the tx you are using as your stake is < 1. so im fixing that right now.

new wallet very soon

It's great to see this pariah getting much needed CPR. It looks like the force is strong with this one. That's usually a very good sign.

Ten-Hut!
spartagates

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:46:45 PM

new wallet very soon

Sounds like you're on it like a car bonnet!

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:50:10 PM

i dont.. i dont know what that means...
FlappyFlapping

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:03:41 PM

i dont.. i dont know what that means...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Car%20Bonnet

Thanks for your update Griffith.  Describing the nature of the errors is also appreciated.  Once the wallet allows a larger demographic of users to stake, I believe the wind will pick up and the flock will regain stability.

GO GO GADGET GRIFFITH!!!   Cool

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:21:51 PM

ok. i fixed the issue where you could stake negative. if you would stake negative (stake an input < 1) then it will just give you a reward of 0 instead. (better than losing coins) i tried to make it give a positive amount but it would exceed the stake reward (which makes sense, and proves that check is working). so the solution was to get nothing.

this also actually prevents people from just sitting, staking, and not spending the coins for too long. (not the intended result but hey, it works).
reason why: every time you stake a tx it splits into two txs of half value and one gets the reward added to it. so eventually you will split in half and in half and in half and so on until the last split in half gets you a tx value of less than 1. when this happens your reward would be zero. prompting you to need to spend the coins because you wont passively earn off them anymore.

i would like some feedback on that unintended result.

so here is an update of what has been fixed:
miner doesnt get stuck anymore in an infinite update loop
miner doesnt wait 16 minutes in between attempting to stake, rather it waits 1 second before attempting to make a new stake. (as difficulty goes up it should approach the 1 minute block time again)
changed the PoS system slightly so make it less complicated (there was a function put in that was agreed does nothing to help the PoS system).
tuned down the CPU usage (direct result of the infinte loop fix)

still need to fix:
nonstandard transaction error (not really an error but if you look on the block explorer it gives that result)
another spam issue that was send in a PM to me but i forgot what it was exactly.

will do some wallet code cleanup after that as well. removing unused functions and simplifying some things i know need to be simplified

~Griffith
spartagates

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:30:22 PM

Nice work fella Cheesy

DragoStefan

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:56:42 PM

ok. i fixed the issue where you could stake negative. if you would stake negative (stake an input < 1) then it will just give you a reward of 0 instead. (better than losing coins) i tried to make it give a positive amount but it would exceed the stake reward (which makes sense, and proves that check is working). so the solution was to get nothing.

this also actually prevents people from just sitting, staking, and not spending the coins for too long. (not the intended result but hey, it works).
reason why: every time you stake a tx it splits into two txs of half value and one gets the reward added to it. so eventually you will split in half and in half and in half and so on until the last split in half gets you a tx value of less than 1. when this happens your reward would be zero. prompting you to need to spend the coins because you wont passively earn off them anymore.

i would like some feedback on that unintended result.

so here is an update of what has been fixed:
miner doesnt get stuck anymore in an infinite update loop
miner doesnt wait 16 minutes in between attempting to stake, rather it waits 1 second before attempting to make a new stake. (as difficulty goes up it should approach the 1 minute block time again)
changed the PoS system slightly so make it less complicated (there was a function put in that was agreed does nothing to help the PoS system).
tuned down the CPU usage (direct result of the infinte loop fix)

still need to fix:
nonstandard transaction error (not really an error but if you look on the block explorer it gives that result)
another spam issue that was send in a PM to me but i forgot what it was exactly.

will do some wallet code cleanup after that as well. removing unused functions and simplifying some things i know need to be simplified

~Griffith
So when will the wallet release be available? And most important question, do I have to send my one year un-moved wallet coins to me again or I could simply benefit the long time block confirmations?
agent725

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

currently working on the Internet of Coins

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 03:50:39 PM

Hello Flap heroes,

Have been thinking about using FlappyCoin to test on the Internet of Coins platform because it is a small cryptocurrency. However, I'd like to know if you guys have any plans to tie Flaps to some kind of real-world value, or that you'd rather let it float like Bitcoin/Gold. At the moment I hold several hundred million Flaps and I think it may be an interesting experiment to burn these, and thus migrate them to other blockchains as soon as the hybrid assets are working on the Internet of Coins platform.

Just want to know how you feel about this though, since burning a load of coins is sometimes a sensitive issue. I remember lots of Bitcoiners getting angry when BTC's were burned by CounterParty developers.

Best regards,
Agent725

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
             ▄▄          ▀██▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌
           ▄████▌       ▐█                ███▀
          ▄██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▌       ▄██▄       ██
  ▄▄▄  ▄██▀ ▀██▀       ██▀▀▀▀██▌█████▌      ▐██
 ██████▀▀             ▐▀      ▄▄██████       ██
▐██████           ▄█████▄▄▄███▀ ▀███▀        ▐██
 █████▀           ███████▐█▀                ██████
   ▀▀▄█▄          ███████                  ▐███████
      ██▀▄███▄     ▀███▀██▄      ▄▄▄▄      ▐██████▌
       ▀███████          ████▄ ▄██████▄ ▄███▀████▀
        ███████▌███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▐███████████▀
        ███████ ███████████████████████▌▀
         ▀███▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███▐████████
                                ▀████▀

menlatin (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:45:39 PM

Hello Flap heroes,

Have been thinking about using FlappyCoin to test on the Internet of Coins platform because it is a small cryptocurrency. However, I'd like to know if you guys have any plans to tie Flaps to some kind of real-world value, or that you'd rather let it float like Bitcoin/Gold. At the moment I hold several hundred million Flaps and I think it may be an interesting experiment to burn these, and thus migrate them to other blockchains as soon as the hybrid assets are working on the Internet of Coins platform.

Just want to know how you feel about this though, since burning a load of coins is sometimes a sensitive issue. I remember lots of Bitcoiners getting angry when BTC's were burned by CounterParty developers.

Best regards,
Agent725

I personally do no have a problem with you burning coins, in fact with our upcoming Flapparty fork, there will be a burn period as well. I'm all for experimentation and innovation, so I say go for it.

Our future plans do include a massive user base (100 million+) with the Jalapeno Platform, and I'm sure that a USD/FLAP market will inevitably be established just by sheer necessity.

Any thoughts from the rest of the community?

FlappyFlapping

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:55:57 PM

Hello Flap heroes,

Best regards,
Agent725

Flapped around your websites.  Interesting stuff.  Any ETA for Hybrid?  Would most NXT users be aware of Stormwind?  Storm wind sounds risky for a Flappy Bird but perhaps I can dodge the elements.  Make sure to pour out some bird seed for my dead FLAPS.  Cheesy

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
spartagates

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:40:43 PM

It would certainly be an interesting thing to watch the effect of burning that amount on the coin would have!

menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 09:21:21 PM

It would certainly be an interesting thing to watch the effect of burning that amount on the coin would have!

I don't think it would have a significant effect at the moment, aside from coins that can't push the price down.

We're set to stake indefinitely, so those coins will be recovered, in a sense.

minorthreat4

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:48:09 AM

ok ive had the wallet running and got paid a few days ago, when PoS was done, now its going insanely slow "catching up" whats the deal? also when its out of synch "duh" my sending to exchanges has to wait.. so in essence the two x's of 500coins i sent are gone..
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:52:25 AM

ok ive had the wallet running and got paid a few days ago, when PoS was done, now its going insanely slow "catching up" whats the deal?

You may not be connecting to a Ver. 4 wallet.  I launched my Ver. 4 wallet tonight and had 2 connections with Ver. 3 wallets only so I could not download the blockchain.  Go to the console section and type, getpeerinfo.  You can see who your connecting to and what version they are running.
minorthreat4

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:58:20 AM

no i have the 4.0.1 wallet, its just slow as heck, im at 704* and should be 707*.. grryea all but like 2 are 4x wallets how do i del the 3x connections>?
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:03:29 AM

no i have the 4.0.1 wallet, its just slow as heck, im at 704* and should be 707*.. grryea all but like 2 are 4x wallets how do i del the 3x connections>?

there will be an updated wallet released within the next 24 hours fixing some issues that have been brought to my attention. v3 connections will be terminated when trying to connect to this wallet
minorthreat4

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:39:13 AM

KK will i need to redo my .conf file?
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 05:48:10 PM

4.0.2.0 Source is released to fix slow staking.

https://github.com/FlappycoinDEV/flappycoin/tree/4.0.2.0

FlappyFlapping

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:43:10 PM

4.0.2.0 Source is released to fix slow staking.

https://github.com/FlappycoinDEV/flappycoin/tree/4.0.2.0

Looking forward to testing a Mac build when it's available.  Kudos to Griffith for a timely update and communication about the outstanding issues from his end.

If my wing is fixed, I just might fly to the moon.

FLAP FLAP FLAP.

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: