Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:08:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304622 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 08:27:17 PM

Best strategy is to have patience.You need to wait for a low price and sell after this with a high price.

We can hold the bitcoin Instead of buying the bitcoin and selling for high price...
Atleast we can hold the bitcoin until block halving.

Why should block halving have an effect? Even if there would be an effect then it would be a speculative one. And speculators have the setting that they will await the future. So they will adapt before. And if they await a price rush then that will happen some weeks before. Might even crash at block halving when the further rise is not happening then.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:07:02 AM

You say science... trading works because of two points. First, the masses are sheeps. They act on fear and excitement. Predicting that holds value.

Second, the rules from technical analysis... who do you think follows them? Right, other traders. So they MAKE these rules true by acting accordingly. When the rules say sell and alot of traders do then guess what happens? The rules becomes true.

It looks like gambling but it is not. It is similar to poker or blackjack or sportsbetting. Knowledge brings you a slight advantage. And even when you lose and win, if you win more often then you are in profit. The best traders win way more often than they lose.

WOW, great summary! Smiley

Thanks so much  Cool

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:57:22 PM

In case anyone doesn't know this already(yikes): There is no precision science to any form of investment. Even the Gordon Geckos of the world are throwing big-capital at big-volume with scary probabilities. Things are far more unpredictable with short-term trading; BTC is worse than stocks because it's fluctuation.. Big-capital mining operations are the only ones really making money.. BTC is just capital storage..

My trading strategy is to buy a coin when there were negative news and the price dropped as a result of bad news. Then holding it for a couple of days/weeks and sell at a higher price. Its all people know this. I guess unnecessarily this discussion Going futher
My strategy is to buy low and sell high. So you can make some good money in the future and that will be very good.
I hope that more people will also get money. And the most important is that they must use Bitcoin more.
You must buy low and sell high indeed that is indeed the best option. But it will not work everytime and that is not good.
I hope more people will use Bitcoin and that it will be more used, that is very good for Bitcoin.

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:58:55 PM

I don't trade Bitcoin for the sake of buying high and selling low. Right now I am using it as a currency. When I do trade, I usually have to have fiat money in order to buy something from a vendor who dosen't accept Bitcoin. Adaptation is slow, hopefully that will change.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
quickprofit.trade

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:46:39 PM

Buy low , wait then sell high. Easy as 1, 2, 3.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:30:51 PM

Buy low , wait then sell high. Easy as 1, 2, 3.

Buy low and sell high is my trading method. I am a person with a lot patience and without the desire to trade the market to benefit from ups and downs. I just buy and hold my coins for a longer period of time as my targets are the bigger profits.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:04:37 PM

I am trading the btc/usd as a forex pair in my preferred broker. Of course my idea is buying btc at support level (this moment 370-400), and close positions at 420-30.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 11:02:35 AM

@all

What do you guys think where the bitcoin price will go to now? It seems to get less and less volatile and I think at the end it will spike or crash. And the larger timeframes look like a downtrend all. Selling time? Or can one hope on speculations regarding block halving?

angaper

I am trading the btc/usd as a forex pair in my preferred broker. Of course my idea is buying btc at support level (this moment 370-400), and close positions at 420-30.

On which timeframe do you trade? And on 1Broker? Well, I guess trading futures on okcoin could be seen as forex trading too.

Besides that I would want to know, when you found a resistance area, do you place your buy at the lower end or the upper end?

richardsNY

Buy low and sell high is my trading method.

That is no trading method. It's like you getting asked "how do you clean your car?" and you answer "I clean it and then it is clean".

You know what I mean?

Marc De Mesel

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:24:01 AM

@all

What do you guys think where the bitcoin price will go to now? It seems to get less and less volatile and I think at the end it will spike or crash. And the larger timeframes look like a downtrend all. Selling time? Or can one hope on speculations regarding block halving?

Love that question.

I think fundamentals of bitcoin are very good. It has enormous brand name, many people know about it that have not started using it. But they will come as the price goes up and support that higher price.

Bitcoin has become a ma-mouth, slow in transactions, slow in scaling up etc, but it has the network effect and that is gold. It makes you can fuck up real good and still get growth.

I think chances for another bubble in bitcoin going to new all time highs of $5k-$10k are very high to happen in 2016.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
Marc De Mesel

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:33:57 AM

You say science... trading works because of two points. First, the masses are sheeps. They act on fear and excitement. Predicting that holds value.

Second, the rules from technical analysis... who do you think follows them? Right, other traders. So they MAKE these rules true by acting accordingly. When the rules say sell and alot of traders do then guess what happens? The rules becomes true.

It looks like gambling but it is not. It is similar to poker or blackjack or sportsbetting. Knowledge brings you a slight advantage. And even when you lose and win, if you win more often then you are in profit. The best traders win way more often than they lose.

1 thing is missing here: fundamentals.

And it is the most important thing. You want to invest in something with strong fundamentals. This because if gives you much more probability of going up.

In addition you want to have your timing right. This means, don't buy when it has just gone up a lot and market is very optimistic, buy when it has gone down a lot and market is pessimistic.

And to improve upon that timing you can use technical analyses as well, only buy when trend has started to go up, and get out when trend has reversed and is going down.

If only I had followed these rules myself Roll Eyes

Important note: fundamentals change. Stay always in touch with the truth. Try to not be influenced by the market it's optimistic or pessimistic mood but try to be objective towards your own investment. Go with the facts. Are profits or amount of users growing? Faster than competition?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 12:06:00 PM

If only I had followed these rules myself Roll Eyes

I wish I would be as cool headed all the time myself. Cheesy

Well, though at the current situation I'm not sure what to think. I sat an alarm just in case it goes into the wrong direction. I think it might go up to $450 but can crash pretty far down too.

Maybe the best thing to do in an uncertain situation would be to go out of all positions until a direction establishes?

bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:29:48 PM

To trade you must make some profit. That will be very good. And it must also be more used that is also very good for trading.
But you never will know what the value will be and that is the problem and also quite risky. 
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:08:13 PM

Im not have any strategy in bitcoin-fiat trading, just buy low sell high, when the price fail and more bad news come i will ready to buy some bitcoin, when the price rising and good news come , it's the perfect time to selling bitcoin.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:50:32 PM

Im not have any strategy in bitcoin-fiat trading, just buy low sell high, when the price fail and more bad news come i will ready to buy some bitcoin, when the price rising and good news come , it's the perfect time to selling bitcoin.

That is how all people should do their trading.

But the reality shows that a lot people buy high and sell lower.

That is the exact reason why they always complain about the price going down when they buy, and that the price goes up when they sell. Too much noobishness.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 09:02:33 PM

bitcoin-hunter

To trade you must make some profit. That will be very good. And it must also be more used that is also very good for trading.
But you never will know what the value will be and that is the problem and also quite risky. 

You really should stop spamming like that. Another meaningless and offtopic post of you. You should be aware that even if your campaign manager would not ban, the moderators might at one point.

BitHodler

It's the urge to see a rising bitcoin price and to want to take part on it... at the end, mostly, when you jump on a spike... you buy at the top... that's how successfull traders earn their money... from traders like that.

denis1995

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:59:03 PM

Hello guys I have a BIG problem with my withdraw 900$ check my thread plaese help me Sad(((
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1394093.0
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 07:18:30 PM

I've never seen a thread more qualified for a locking..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:16:53 PM

Why? Only because occassional offtopic posts like our two posts now? Tongue

That happens in every thread and is not avoidable as long as it is no self moderated thread.

Instead often enough it is about trading and how to do it.

Though I see the "Buy low, sell high" nonsene happening here slowly too. Clear sign of sig spammers exploiting the tread slowly. I mean it can happen occassionall but in other threads it happen way too often to make sense.

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:34:12 PM

Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

stop loss is can't used in bitcoin trading,so far i never found bitcoin trading application like meta trader for forex trading,i hope sometime developers will create this for us.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:34:28 PM

Why? Only because occassional offtopic posts like our two posts now? Tongue

That happens in every thread and is not avoidable as long as it is no self moderated thread.

Instead often enough it is about trading and how to do it.

Though I see the "Buy low, sell high" nonsene happening here slowly too. Clear sign of sig spammers exploiting the tread slowly. I mean it can happen occassionall but in other threads it happen way too often to make sense.
The best strategy is to wait for a good price. But that also depends on how many it is used. If it is many used you can make more money.
And the most important is that the value also must rise. So can you make also a lot of money with it and that is very good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: