Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:51:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 22415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vicvelcro (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:25:08 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 09:20:41 AM by vicvelcro

THIS TOPIC CONTINUED FROM - PREVIOUS TOPIC
A 2nd generation cryptocurrency

LitecoinDark is a project which aims to fulfill the original ideas of crypto-currency: Decentralization and Anonymity.
We have been working on this 2nd generation cryptocurrency for months.

Fast transactions Difficulty shield Multipool Low transactions fees

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Technical specificationsBlock rewardWallets
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Algorithm: Scrypt
Halving: 12813 blocks
Target spacing: 1 minute
Target timespan: 5 hours
Coinbase maturity: 5 blocks
Maximum coins: 82.003.200

P2P port: 11040
RPC port: 21040

Reward: 0.125
• Linux wallet
• Mac wallet
• Windows wallet
• Paper wallet
• Web wallet (Unofficial)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
PoolsMultipoolsExchangesWall of fame
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
• Best-pool
• Bin Pool
• Coinmine
• Goldmin
• Hashhot
• Hashlink
• X11-x13-pool
• Hashmuch
• Hasher
• CoinKing
• Bittrex
• Cryptsy
• Bleutrade
• Coin Swap
• Cryptoine
• Cryptorush
• Cryptonator
• BTC Market

• Bter (voting)
• vicvelcro (Lead Dev)
• aleckloss (Dev)
• Ghosty55 (Reddit)
• Voodoo1967 (Reddit)
• Bitcoin Operated Boy
ServicesMediaCommunityLinks
• Block explorer  
• Block explorer 2  
• Chart  
• Difficulty Chart
• Dice game
• Rich list
• Rich list 2    
• Crypto Articles
• Cryptahex  
• Crypto Articles  
• Community forum  
• Facebook  
• Google +  
• IRC Chatroom  
• Official website  
• Reddit  
• Twitter  
• Youtube  
• Altcoincalendar
• Coingecko  
• Coinwarz    
• Bravenewcoin  
• Marketcap  
• What mine    
• White paper (ENG)    

LitecoinDark Development

There is room for continuing improvements, as well as feature additions that could
greatly help this blockchain to survive and thrive in today's crypto-economy.
We are working hard to add new features!

LitecoinDark is looking for developers to join our team
Requirements: Experience with C++ coding and knowledge of crypto systems

More info about the team?

LitecoinDark Nodes

litecoindark.conf
Code:
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpassword
addnode=86.81.234.92:11040
addnode=79.94.45.47:11040
addnode=54.194.99.126:11040
addnode=88.213.221.77:11040
addnode=79.94.45.47:11040
addnode=54.194.99.126:11040
addnode=24.199.222.230:11040
addnode=104.37.187.38:11040
addnode=198.199.110.87:11040
addnode=211.155.86.138:11040
addnode=209.73.144.179:11040
addnode=194.79.23.168:11040
addnode=24.199.222.232:11040
addnode=88.213.221.77:53037
daemon=1

LitecoinDark News

Oct 23, 2014
Mine LTCD on a multipool
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.msg9305789#msg9305789

Oct 17, 2014
Announcement about the future
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.6540

Oct 14, 2014
Mandatory wallet update!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.6340

Oct 8, 2014
New wallet!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.5780

Donations

BTC 1MGS93Kz1s7fG3UcoVVNFjLbtCULQemQ7k
LTCD LLQypfHqkPEzG6QkqhHoV6hnw2FCVXkcHz

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

-reposted from previous topic-

I know that you are posting your concerns in a positive and constructive manner. You won't get any grief from me.

First things first, I want to get back on track if at all possible - before proceeding on to anything else. It seems to me from the past week of posts that this is what most people agree with.

Exactly what's on your list, that's what I mean, the promises that have been made, I meant it positive man, fuck the fudders, the community believes in you man!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

yep first Shocked

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
newdev12

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:12:09 PM

well done, now we can remain on topic
aleckloss

Activity: 182

Official BitFoundry Dev

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:28:37 PM

Official Announcement

Hello Community,

The New Development team wanted to step in here and make an official announcement regarding the state of LTCD in the current market.

We have now almost finalized the takeover of the currency and we are working hard to layout a roadmap and get genuinely obtainable goals set so that the community can come together and vote on which we should fund second after Proof of Stake.

We understand what has all went on. You were promised innovation, you were teased with 2.0 Technology and because of the lack of releases you are hurt. We are hurt. The new development team invested heavily in this currency just as you had and we all shared the vision of changing cryptocurrency for the better

This has failed. There was no innovation, there was no 2.0... YET. Yet is the keyword here. The existing developers didn't simply have enough time to get these features set and in place.

Instead of focusing on what they didn't accomplish, we the new development team are choosing to look at what they did create. Let me remind you. We have a large and active community, we have a stable blockchain with good mining support for now, we have decent volume, we have a great difficulty shield that can help with future forks.

I ask you to hold your tongue. We get that this has become a sad excuse and we are working to revamp and re-establish this currency. Posting facts about the past team no longer has validity on this new page. If we as the new development team mess up, lie to you, or other instances, please let us know.

With this weekend and into next week (I have next week off of work) we will be GRINDING out so much work to get a foothold so that we can move FORWARD. We have taken so many steps backward lately that we need to leap forward to stay in the game, or it's over. I get that, we get that, you get that.

POS will be out number one target short term. Following that we want untraceable transactions, and many other suggested features. But for the time being we will be focusing on POS. I have developed a Proof of Stake Decay whitepaper that will be used for the new feature. This POSD will extend the life of the currency with a POS system and give us the needed short term boost to get to where we should be.

Again, we are working hard. I will admit, it's incredibly crappy for me to come here and read all of the people that have lost hope. Hope is all we have left and with our incoming improvements we hope to re-establish the belief that there is a capable development team behind this currency.

Thanks,

-Alec

BitFoundry - The Future is Transparent
BTC Donation Address: 17pfLHegqJ3EPkbitbkyw37hi4ATvvJRdD
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:31:49 PM

I'm getting a 404 error for the windows wallet link?
aleckloss

Activity: 182

Official BitFoundry Dev

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:35:29 PM

At this moment the new wallet links are offline while we inspect the code and make sure they are appropriate for release. If/when the new team endorses them we will bring them online. In the meantime i'll find you a link to our old wallets. Those are still functional and working very well.

BitFoundry - The Future is Transparent
BTC Donation Address: 17pfLHegqJ3EPkbitbkyw37hi4ATvvJRdD
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:00:40 PM

At this moment the new wallet links are offline while we inspect the code and make sure they are appropriate for release. If/when the new team endorses them we will bring them online. In the meantime i'll find you a link to our old wallets. Those are still functional and working very well.

That explains it!  Wink

Thanks!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

Official Announcement

Hello Community,

The New Development team wanted to step in here and make an official announcement regarding the state of LTCD in the current market.

We have now almost finalized the takeover of the currency and we are working hard to layout a roadmap and get genuinely obtainable goals set so that the community can come together and vote on which we should fund second after Proof of Stake.

We understand what has all went on. You were promised innovation, you were teased with 2.0 Technology and because of the lack of releases you are hurt. We are hurt. The new development team invested heavily in this currency just as you had and we all shared the vision of changing cryptocurrency for the better

This has failed. There was no innovation, there was no 2.0... YET. Yet is the keyword here. The existing developers didn't simply have enough time to get these features set and in place.

Instead of focusing on what they didn't accomplish, we the new development team are choosing to look at what they did create. Let me remind you. We have a large and active community, we have a stable blockchain with good mining support for now, we have decent volume, we have a great difficulty shield that can help with future forks.

I ask you to hold your tongue. We get that this has become a sad excuse and we are working to revamp and re-establish this currency. Posting facts about the past team no longer has validity on this new page. If we as the new development team mess up, lie to you, or other instances, please let us know.

With this weekend and into next week (I have next week off of work) we will be GRINDING out so much work to get a foothold so that we can move FORWARD. We have taken so many steps backward lately that we need to leap forward to stay in the game, or it's over. I get that, we get that, you get that.

POS will be out number one target short term. Following that we want untraceable transactions, and many other suggested features. But for the time being we will be focusing on POS. I have developed a Proof of Stake Decay whitepaper that will be used for the new feature. This POSD will extend the life of the currency with a POS system and give us the needed short term boost to get to where we should be.

Again, we are working hard. I will admit, it's incredibly crappy for me to come here and read all of the people that have lost hope. Hope is all we have left and with our incoming improvements we hope to re-establish the belief that there is a capable development team behind this currency.

Thanks,

-Alec

Why not just have a moderated topic and an unmoderated topic? Just let people complain if they want in one thread and the thread to be kept clean of all negative stuff? you run both topics, seems like you are just frustrated to me.
Ghost55

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:43:38 AM

It's not about being frustrated... And no amount of negativity will have a positive effect for this coin or the community... We are and have always been strong fighters against any and all FUD... We are doing the best we can to pick up the pieces and run with them... The alternative is we let this coin die which non of us really want... How about instead of complaining you ask how can you help? And if you have nothing to add then help by staying positive and giving encouragement to the new Dev team!! We have a good solid base from which to build upon and at this point we all have very little to loose so why not let the team do what they need to do to move this community forward....

If any of you want out you know where the door is... But for those of you willing to take a chance that something good can be recovered then please bare with us as this is a monumental task to straighten out and will take time so please we ask for your patience...

Thanks,

Ghosty
Crestington
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:58:12 AM

I don't own any Coins myself, I was just making a suggestion. Came across the coin when my friend made some videos, seems like you need to get rid of the POW and go for POS (which is why I never invested). POS has it's drawbacks but atleast you aren't getting eaten alive by sell pressure. With POW only, you always need to be buying the coins that are being mined, otherwise the price with gravitate lower. It's not like it's not worth that much, if you took the average buy in price, the coin would be worth a lot more.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:03:31 AM

@Crestington,

Too much unsubtantiated FUD was getting in the way of progress for the new team in regard to getting up to speed and well organized. Pump and Dump propaganda that only serves the motives of the greedy have no relevance. There was a significant increase of both types which was purely opportunistic squatting while they thought we were too busy to nuke that shit.

They were wrong.

This is our topic. We will use it as a communication tool to facilitate forward progress of the project. Not going to allow it to be perverted by others to use as their soapbox to spew false information and/or manipulative propaganda.

I will delete any post that deviates from the goal of moving forward. I will not delete posts that express an opposing opinion regarding how to reach our goals, as long as any such posts are rationally composed and civilized in tone. Any mention of anything FUD or P&D will lead to the deletion of the entire contents of such post.

This starts now.

The_Captain

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:06:07 AM

@Crestington,

Too much unsubtantiated FUD was getting in the way of progress for the new team in regard to getting up to speed and well organized. Pump and Dump propaganda that only serves the motives of the greedy have no relevance. There was a significant increase of both types which was purely opportunistic squatting while they thought we were too busy to nuke that shit.

They were wrong.

This is our topic. We will use it as a communication tool to facilitate forward progress of the project. Not going to allow it to be perverted by others to use as their soapbox to spew false information and/or manipulative propaganda.

I will delete any post that deviates from the goal of moving forward. I will not delete posts that express an opposing opinion regarding how to reach our goals, as long as any such posts are rationally composed and civilized in tone. Any mention of anything FUD or P&D will lead to the deletion of the entire contents of such post.

This starts now.

Thanks Vic. I appreciate the effort you and the other team members have put into keeping this alive. Let's get this train rolling again.  Grin
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:28:39 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the new updates and the new page here.

I always thought it better that if we were going to start a new page then we should have a new coin name to go with it, if a break from the past was really intended.

All of that should have gone to vote as well. I remember most people in the community wanted to keep the old page/name going for a while yet.

Have the newly elected devs acted on their own accordance with this decision? I was rather hoping they were community representatives and not new Presidents. Bear in mind also the FUD posts could have quite as easily been deleted on the old page as they will be on this one.

That said, I welcome Aleckloss, and all the other devs for their input and time with the coin. I see more good than bad going on.

I would just prefer the community to be making decisions and not just have new people "in charge".
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:05:40 AM

Since the thread changed I have to post to keep updated on LCTD news again.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:10:00 AM

Since the thread changed I have to post to keep updated on LCTD news again.

One more Grin, much support!!

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:59:13 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 02:31:00 PM by vicvelcro

You're welcome.

Hello,

Thanks for the new updates and the new page here.

Not trying to break from the past, simply move forward from where we were. You may bring up the issue of coin name in a separate post. It will be easier for others to follow and reply to it.

I always thought it better that if we were going to start a new page then we should have a new coin name to go with it, if a break from the past was really intended.

There is nothing that needed to be voted on. The reason for the previous topic being locked and the new one being started was due to an ongoing 18 hour assault of SPAM (excessive floods of emoticons and gifs), pure and hateful FUD as well as the normal kind, and a co-ordinated attempt to manipulate using the topic to promote a Pump and Dump attempt. There was no time to gather everyone in the community to call a vote. It took hours to get most of the crap cleaned up while preparing the new topic.

All of that should have gone to vote as well. I remember most people in the community wanted to keep the old page/name going for a while yet.

Yes.

Have the newly elected devs acted on their own accordance with this decision?

Despotic Dictators without any clue whatsoever, most of the time. We take community advice when we are completely helpless.

I was rather hoping they were community representatives and not new Presidents.

No, not at all. The old topic was not self-moderated and required the direct interaction of a severely overworked site moderator. We couldn't delete posts.

Bear in mind also the FUD posts could have quite as easily been deleted on the old page as they will be on this one.

We intend to keep it this way.

That said, I welcome Aleckloss, and all the other devs for their input and time with the coin. I see more good than bad going on.

The community lacks a sufficient insight and inside knowledge of how it all works or will work, and therefore not in a position to make cogent technically oriented informed DECISIONS. How would disagreements within the community be resolved if it were mob-rule? What if some of the community weren't who we thought they were, and turn out to be sabateurs? Not everyone who lurks here is on the up-and-up.

We intend to take the general community concensus and put it into effect. Somebody has to keep it orderly and sorted out. Top responsibility goes to me because I was chosen as best candidate. There were no objections. Robbert had the ultimate choice, anyhow. He took the community opinion into account when making his choice. LTCD was not created by the community. It was created by an individual. The final and ultimate choice was his to make.

His choice was me. I'm interested in the community input and opinion. Not bound by it. Just a point of fact. I'm not 'putting my foot down' on the subject of community, so don't go off the wrong way about this. I'm a nice guy, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I would just prefer the community to be making decisions and not just have new people "in charge".

Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:48:46 PM

Ok thanks for all the explanations. The coin is in good hands considering who lurks beyond in the shady world of crypto.

There's always arguing points to be made, and I don't think mob-rule really fits the bill when voting for who wants what.

But if Robbert has passed his creation onto you then I suppose casting votes will go to those who are putting in the man hours to keep us all from drowning in a 1 Satoshi pool of despair.

Everyone wants something different and you can never please everyone all of the time, so please continue with the efforts made so far.

I hope my questioning way doesn't come off too harshly for people who are making such sacrifices of their own time.
Sjacmur

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:11:38 PM

Nice hear about add PoS to coin.
All people who dont want sell coins for actually price will be have some profit from PoS even when price will be better.
I keep my small pack 125k coins and waiting for wallet with PoS and price rising too ofc Smiley
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:20:54 PM

Unless you take into account the lurkers that haven't spoken up yet - if they crawled out of the woodwork and voted in a way that the vocal community doesn't predict.

I don't think mob-rule really fits the bill when voting for who wants what.

Continuing input will be a helpful guide for us all. It will assist in choosing future advancement and the direction to take.

But if Robbert has passed his creation onto you then I suppose casting votes will go to those who are putting in the man hours to keep us all from drowning in a 1 Satoshi pool of despair.

You sure got that right, brother!

Everyone wants something different and you can never please everyone all of the time, so please continue with the efforts made so far.

Your questions have been relevant, direct, clear, and blunt. I don't detect any element of harshness at all.

I hope my questioning way doesn't come off too harshly for people who are making such sacrifices of their own time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: