Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:35:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] www.bitpanda.com Buy/Sell ETH/BTC with Visa Mastercard Neteller Skrill  (Read 96182 times)
iamsterdam

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:35:14 AM

Nice and fast Service And good site .Thank You for you good Service Smiley
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:52:56 PM

Promotion Time!

Get 1.5% Cashback by selling Bitcoins and receiving a bank transfer (SEPA) or NETELLER transfer. No limit on the cashback per person. Paid out once a day!

https://www.coinimal.com/trades/sell/cashback

crk

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:29:32 PM

I'm a venezuelan and i want to use your service... Havr you ever consider to put this service available to us?
ciprian220

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:25:34 PM

why i can't buy btc with skrill from your site?Huh i verify my account with phone number+address, i don't have time for send photos and i don't have good camera for make it, i need btc ASAP!! maybe tomorrow!!
ciprian220

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:51:03 PM

That is a crap, i hate verifications, please delete my account i don't wanna send my documents, also i don't have utility bill in my name, i will buy from localbitcoins
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 07:53:43 PM

Please contact the support with your request.

Regards

Invictus

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:28:28 AM

Hello nice site, especially with neteller support.

I'm already fully verified and this pops up:

"Bitte führe eine Verifizierungsorder mit einem Betrag von bis zu 200 EUR durch. Nach erfolgreicher Verbuchung auf unser Konto werden wir deine Limits freischalten."

Not quite sure what I have to do.
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:30:15 AM

Hello nice site, especially with neteller support.

I'm already fully verified and this pops up:

"Bitte führe eine Verifizierungsorder mit einem Betrag von bis zu 200 EUR durch. Nach erfolgreicher Verbuchung auf unser Konto werden wir deine Limits freischalten."

Not quite sure what I have to do.

This just means that your first order is capped at this limit after everything checks out the full limit is granted.

Regards

manicminer

Activity: 302

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:19:12 AM

Out of curiosity, do financial services/startups make it at least a difficult more difficult to delete your account (eg. no direct delete button)

- to incentivize users to stay, not to delete their account
- or, simply because they are startups, I understand it takes resources to develop the 'delete account' feature into the app, so startups may simply not put resources into that feature, because (they feel) it doesn't bring in revenue. But, on hte other hand, it builds trust, so, a two-sided story
manicminer

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:20:41 AM

Do you have a referral program?
manicminer

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:10:00 AM

From a marketing perspective, the "Get EUR5 for verification" campaign does not clarify if you mean Bronze or Silver level verification, SMS or ID.
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 11:05:29 AM

Out of curiosity, do financial services/startups make it at least a difficult more difficult to delete your account (eg. no direct delete button)

- or, simply because they are startups, I understand it takes resources to develop the 'delete account' feature into the app, so startups may simply not put resources into that feature, because (they feel) it doesn't bring in revenue. But, on hte other hand, it builds trust, so, a two-sided story

Right now the delete is via support only.

Do you have a referral program?

yes, https://www.coinimal.com/tell-a-friend

From a marketing perspective, the "Get EUR5 for verification" campaign does not clarify if you mean Bronze or Silver level verification, SMS or ID.

"Claim your free 5€ for your verified account now!" --> and it says it on every verification page, that its at the gold verification level.

regards

manicminer

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:06:16 PM

Right now the delete is via support only.
Sure. But which is the reason of the two possibilities I outlined behind this. Just interested.

"Claim your free 5€ for your verified account now!" --> and it says it on every verification page, that its at the gold verification level.

"To add insult to injury"

(Fun fact: the image on your site is hosted on Imgur. No big deal)

Serious question: I guess this chart is designed that you in your company can understand what are you talking about. Have you shown it to any outsider and asked him, is his understanding is the same as yours.

For example:

- What does 'Total Limits' mean? Once you reached 500k at the Gold level, you have to close your account and good bye? On the other hand, other companies define yearly limits, which is clear.

- Requirements - Standard / Webcam - what's the difference? No one knows, except Coinimal employees.

Other question: Are you from Austrian, that's why you incorporated in Austria, or are you a German or other national, and incorporated in Austria because of the better laws? I heard about the LocalBitcoins debacle in Germany, for example.

Keep it up! Nonetheless.
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:11:58 PM

Serious question: I guess this chart is designed that you in your company can understand what are you talking about. Have you shown it to any outsider and asked him, is his understanding is the same as yours.

For example:

- What does 'Total Limits' mean? Once you reached 500k at the Gold level, you have to close your account and good bye? On the other hand, other companies define yearly limits, which is clear.

- Requirements - Standard / Webcam - what's the difference? No one knows, except Coinimal employees.

Other question: Are you from Austrian, that's why you incorporated in Austria, or are you a German or other national, and incorporated in Austria because of the better laws? I heard about the LocalBitcoins debacle in Germany, for example.

Keep it up! Nonetheless.

Total limits means, lifetime yes. And if you are close to reach that, you can contact the support and it will be increased.

"Standard / Webcam" from the FAQ:
What Data and Documents do you need for the Verification?
Our standard verification consists of the upload of a proof of identity and address, as well as a "Coinimal"-Selfie. Alternatively you can verify your account via videochat. With this method a webcam-chat with the company Cybits is started, where they check your passport and determine your identity. This takes less than 10 minutes until everything is done.

We are located in Austria and the team is mostly from Austria too.

manicminer

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:55:41 PM

TwinWinNerD

Thank you for the answers!

I was also thinking of 2-factor authentication: what good is it for your service? If I understand correctly, with Coinimal my funds go between my 3rd party bank account and my 3rd party wallet. You are just an intermediary, you are not storing my funds. So, why 2FA is needed for such a service? I totally understand it's needed for more traditional exchanges, which are, in effective, e-wallets, hosing my bitcoins and fiat money. But you don't host it. As Bruce Schneier puts it, security is always a trade-off - with usability. If your service is intended to be easy to use, maybe it's not the best to over-complicate it with unnecessary 2FA (even if it's not mandatory, it's not the point). Maybe it's for marketing purposes. But maybe not the best marketing strategy to market something intended to be easy and straightforward with a more complicated thing; I don't know.

You seem you don't want to address this. Just interested.
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:58:12 PM

TwinWinNerD

Thank you for the answers!

I was also thinking of 2-factor authentication: what good is it for your service? If I understand correctly, with Coinimal my funds go between my 3rd party bank account and my 3rd party wallet. You are just an intermediary, you are not storing my funds. So, why 2FA is needed for such a service? I totally understand it's needed for more traditional exchanges, which are, in effective, e-wallets, hosing my bitcoins and fiat money. But you don't host it. As Bruce Schneier puts it, security is always a trade-off - with usability. If your service is intended to be easy to use, maybe it's not the best to over-complicate it with unnecessary 2FA (even if it's not mandatory, it's not the point). Maybe it's for marketing purposes. But maybe not the best marketing strategy to market something intended to be easy and straightforward with a more complicated thing; I don't know.

You seem you don't want to address this. Just interested.

2FA is optional with Coinimal. And it is very useful to not have your account compromissed in case of a hack and used for malicious purposes.

The delete option is just not a high priority and currently a simple email to the support is the way to go.

Regards

AvL42

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:59:27 PM

2FA is optional with Coinimal. And it is very useful to not have your account compromissed in case of a hack and used for malicious purposes.

I think the question was about what motivation a potential hacker could have in the first place.
Trade some money in my name?  Doesn't sound like a big threat.

Well, a hacker might misuse your reputation that you built up by verification.

Coinimal trusts you that once you've settled for a rate and clicked on the accept-button,
that you will pay, even if the rate on other markets moves in a direction that would make
it favourable for you to cancel it. If you just refused payment, then coinimal would decline
doing further business with you.

So, in the best case, a hacker would just trade in your name and thereby use up your
total limit.  Otherwise (if not paying after "accept") they might spoil not only your account,
but also your chances to ever re-register there.

PS: I'm not working for coinimal. My only relation is being a user.
manicminer

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:06:48 AM

AvL42: thanks, great explanation!
psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:39:15 PM

I am still missing 5000 euro out of my accounts due to coinimal.
After 30 days of investigations police confirmed that was abnormal transactions not caused by me , i can send police files to everyone intrested.
Coinimal denied to give any kind of explanations of the transactions like (ip addresses or how they happened).

This is just a warning for the new users.

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
AvL42

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:07:52 PM

I am still missing 5000 euro out of my accounts due to coinimal.
After 30 days of investigations police confirmed that was abnormal transactions not caused by me , i can send police files to everyone intrested.
Coinimal denied to give any kind of explanations of the transactions like (ip addresses or how they happened).
This is just a warning for the new users.

As a plain user, I consider it a good thing, that someone coming up with some story wouldn't get IP-addresses disclosed.

So, thanks for your testing and reporting of trustworthiness.

PS:
If it was an illegal 5000€ transaction that was sent to coinimal, then it can be reversed by your bank (after showing them those police files), turning it into coinimal's problem. -- How could the unknown attackers even drain your accounts? Did you fall for a phishing spam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: