Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:33:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs  (Read 227491 times)
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:15:39 AM

... how about going into your own thread and not hi-jacking another BFL thread.
So, why you address that to me? Your thread already hijacked by kano and BitSyncom... I simply post here in hope to reach BitSyncom sight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:38:22 AM

I'm glad I didn't order an Avalon unit.............I'd be REALLY PISSED by now,not having a tracking # for my shipment or even an email explaining why that wasn't done  Angry

Plus NO POST in any forum explaining anything related to a shipping update  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:00:22 AM

I'm glad I didn't order an Avalon unit.............I'd be REALLY PISSED by now,not having a tracking # for my shipment or even an email explaining why that wasn't done  Angry

Plus NO POST in any forum explaining anything related to a shipping update  Angry

PPL whos ordering batch #2 are pure greedy. I will sure laugh at them for being completely stupid.

No proof, no guarantee .... retards still fall for it.

If Avalon team cant fix the bug, i suggest them sending their customers an alarm clock.... for 24hrs resetting.
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:01:34 AM

... how about going into your own thread and not hi-jacking another BFL thread.
So, why you address that to me? Your thread already hijacked by kano and BitSyncom... I simply post here in hope to reach BitSyncom sight.

Oh crap sorry man. I quoted the wrong post. Sorry
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:07:21 AM

God the sheer vitriol that gets directed at competing ASIC companies is depressing.  Anyone who managed to get a final product has done well, whether it's Avalon, BFL or ASICMiner.  This was a challenge which came with no guarantees and there's no need to try to make into into the new Mac vs PC idiocy or the 21st century version of games console wars.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:07:38 AM

I'm glad I didn't order an Avalon unit.............I'd be REALLY PISSED by now,not having a tracking # for my shipment or even an email explaining why that wasn't done  Angry

Plus NO POST in any forum explaining anything related to a shipping update  Angry

PPL whos ordering batch #2 are pure greedy. I will sure laugh at them for being completely stupid.

No proof, no guarantee .... retards still fall for it.

If Avalon team cant fix the bug, i suggest them sending their customers an alarm clock.... for 24hrs resetting.

I feel sorry for them (those in the 1st batch).They're stuck waiting with NO REPLY whatsoever pertaining to the shipping of thier unit.

At least BFL posts SOMETHING about progress,even if its another delay...................

You can bet I'll never order anything from Avalon....even if BFL delays till NEXT October  Tongue

Batch 2=No refunds,BTC only,WTF was that  Cheesy  What a joke,they're starting to make bASIC look good  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
hackjealousy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:29:52 AM

Well, Like or hate BFL they are bringing Luke-Jr and Kanoi in, for a entire week.

Wait, you kidding, both is same room? I noticed Kano carries a ninja sword lately...

Curious about Luke's weapon...

"Use the force, Luke."
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:35:09 AM

Oh, so Kano is Darth Vader then? But then again...Vader is Luke´s father....

...confused...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:45:14 AM

FYI Smiley

I've got my plane tickets to BFL - Kansas City today (email booked digital ticket details from the travel agent) arranged by Josh
So my flight to the USA, leaving Sydney on the 17th Feb (my time) - to be back here in Aus again on the 23rd.

... so I going from Oz (Aus) to Kansas (City) ... isn't that back to front? Cheesy

That's quite the trip! How many days do they have you touring the facilities? Anything specific on the agenda?

Agenda: To get their stories straight so when he reports back on the forums it is exactly how BFL wants him to report things lol.

There's a reason why your ignore is so dark ...

You are so far off the mark and you've made a comment based on zero knowledge of the situation ... or is your statement simply to mean that you can easily be bought and just assume others are like you?

reason for my ignore button is pussies who can't take what I have to say so they push the pussy button.

Concerning my comment, i wasn't serious. It was a joke. Lighten up and learn to not take things so seriously.

lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:49:51 AM

Agenda: To get their stories straight so when he reports back on the forums it is exactly how BFL wants him to report things lol.

I knew I shouldn't have removed you from my iggy list.... no wonder that button is soo dark!!

Aww, back on the pussy list you go.

Seriously my comment was a joke. Some of you here need to pull the stick out of your asses and chill.

BFL if they have any credibility (lol) they will have it shown one or the other very soon. One more delay and I reckon 75% of their customers will cancel their orders and demand a refund. It is put up for STFU time.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:55:20 AM

FYI Smiley

I've got my plane tickets to BFL - Kansas City today (email booked digital ticket details from the travel agent) arranged by Josh
So my flight to the USA, leaving Sydney on the 17th Feb (my time) - to be back here in Aus again on the 23rd.

... so I going from Oz (Aus) to Kansas (City) ... isn't that back to front? Cheesy

That's quite the trip! How many days do they have you touring the facilities? Anything specific on the agenda?

You are so far off the mark and you've made a comment based on zero knowledge of the situation ... or is your statement simply to mean that you can easily be bought and just assume others are like you?

reason for my ignore button is pussies who can't take what I have to say so they push the pussy button.

Concerning my comment, i wasn't serious. It was a joke. Lighten up and learn to not take things so seriously.

lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ah well, if it was really a joke, then I offer my apology regarding that comment.
I don't take kindly to being called a 'yes' man.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 06:02:05 AM

FYI Smiley

lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ah well, if it was really a joke, then I offer my apology regarding that comment.
I don't take kindly to being called a 'yes' man.

Kano, for one, I have complete faith your assessment will be unbiased. Don't let us down.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~

PS: Pet Jody's chicken for me, too.

PSS: And don't fall for the ol' quarter trick.  Grin

PSSS: And stay away from the baklava. Too much sugar for you.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 08:04:01 AM

....... so they push the pussy button.

Is that some sort of masturbation joke? Offhand I can't think of any other type of "pussy button" than the obvious.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:03:41 PM

I'm glad I didn't order an Avalon unit.............I'd be REALLY PISSED by now,not having a tracking # for my shipment or even an email explaining why that wasn't done  Angry

Plus NO POST in any forum explaining anything related to a shipping update  Angry

Yeah, BitSyncom is too busy arguing with Kano in this thread to do any actual Avalon work.

neotrix

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 04:25:32 PM

Yeah, BitSyncom is too busy arguing with Kano in this thread to do any actual Avalon work.

I ordered 2 avalon in batch 2 so I'm worried too about not even received one email for confirming order to clarify ( even if received confirmation with support, By Bitsyncom) Anyway I think the attitude of Bitsyncom reflect chinese and also engenier attidude, meaning not good for customers handling and communications. Additionaly he looks like proud (and I would be too) and also sure to deliver in time which sounds good for customer as what we wll finally want is to get an asic front of our doors soon to be in firsts to mine with...Anyway the first Asic we all seen mining is an Avalon and that's enought for me. Someone paying for the NRE would be dumb to stop then...So I guess its jsut a matter of day.

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:14:45 PM

What is wrong with your website?

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 10:36:17 PM

They finally update the web

But all look fine :S

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.butterflylabs.com%2F&client=googlechrome&hl=en

What is the current listing status for www.butterflylabs.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-15, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (26496).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.butterflylabs.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:51:41 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2013, 11:51:03 AM by greyhawk

Nothing of course. Except when you point out specifics of their website you get  deleted. Wouldn't want people to know things that are a Google away.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:43:31 AM

Yep, BFL updated their website... But I see they're still using that scammy/scummy sales tactic of downplaying the time it will take to receive the product.

They use this exact wording on the order now page: "Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."

If you didn't read these forums, you would not know that you aren't receiving your unit until much later than February. There are so many pre-orders ahead of people ordering right now + they don't even have a working prototype. The "pre-order terms" on the order now page make it seem like you'll be getting your ASIC in February too with the people at the front of the line, when in reality it will most likely be July or later.

BFL are such sleaze balls with their scummy marketing.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:55:09 AM

Yep, BFL updated their website... But I see they're still using that scammy/scummy sales tactic of downplaying the time it will take to receive the product.

They use this exact wording on the order now page: "Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."

If you didn't read these forums, you would not know that you aren't receiving your unit until much later than February. There are so many pre-orders ahead of people ordering right now + they don't even have a working prototype. The "pre-order terms" on the order now page make it seem like you'll be getting your ASIC in February too with the people at the front of the line, when in reality it will most likely be July or later.

BFL are such sleaze balls with their scummy marketing.

+1

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: