Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:33:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs  (Read 227492 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

With Avalon you even have the choice of cheap Klondike devices (see my sig, I'm betting some of my BTCs on it) delivered in 3 months if ordered now (10 weeks for Avalon chips, 2 weeks for assembly + shipping). BFL won't even provide guesstimates on delivery delays.

True. The people waiting for this Klondike device may have their miner long before the june/july 2012 BFL orders are shipped. It doesn't matter that a single consumes "only" 250W if you ordered in june 2012, paid nearly 200 BTC and receive the machine in 2014 (or never).

There is a huge amount of trust involved in bulk chips reaching destinations, being distributed, reaching more destinations, being assembled, reaching final destinations with several anonymous parties involved (as in real, not forum identities) whilst being paid for with anonymous currencies (for the most part). I foresee a lot of tears ahead within the DIY arena...let alone unforeseen delays which are inevitable.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:20:15 PM

With Avalon you even have the choice of cheap Klondike devices (see my sig, I'm betting some of my BTCs on it) delivered in 3 months if ordered now (10 weeks for Avalon chips, 2 weeks for assembly + shipping). BFL won't even provide guesstimates on delivery delays.

True. The people waiting for this Klondike device may have their miner long before the june/july 2012 BFL orders are shipped. It doesn't matter that a single consumes "only" 250W if you ordered in june 2012, paid nearly 200 BTC and receive the machine in 2014 (or never).

There is a huge amount of trust involved in bulk chips reaching destinations, being distributed, reaching more destinations, being assembled, reaching final destinations with several anonymous parties involved (as in real, not forum identities) whilst being paid for with anonymous currencies (for the most part). I foresee a lot of tears ahead within the DIY arena...let alone unforeseen delays which are inevitable.

Use escrow instead of sending your preorder money into the wind...

I wouldn't have bet some BTCs on the Klondike devices if Jonh K. didn't provide escrow for it.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:24:16 PM

I do too.  Drama is spawning under the surface as many people give their BTC to random forum users for chips or miners, none of whom have done any due diligence.

Hopefully, some of them learn responsibility from the upcoming cry/bitchfest when nothing turns out how they expected in their imaginations. 

One thing is true, bitcoiners have wild imaginations and an extra fat drama glands (I'm not a doctor, but it's located somewhere in your anus).

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:25:45 PM

I wouldn't have bet some BTCs on the Klondike devices if Jonh K. didn't provide escrow for it.

I haven't ordered, but when is escrow released? at the point of chip receipt before redistribution? or once finally the devices are in your hands? How are the parts funded ahead of time without your funds??

I'm constantly aghast at the stupidity and zero research performed as members of this forum demonstrated regularly as they fork over cash...

gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:03:47 PM

I haven't ordered, but when is escrow released? at the point of chip receipt before redistribution? or once finally the devices are in your hands? How are the parts funded ahead of time without your funds??

I'm constantly aghast at the stupidity and zero research performed as members of this forum demonstrated regularly as they fork over cash...

?! Name calling? These questions may Roll Eyes  be answered in the group buy thread.

Last time I checked there was no place I could drive to buy an Asic miner in hand (and not a single branch in Europe of an Asic vendor I could visit). For European customers every single ASIC bought had been with preorders with people far across the globe. At least with this group buy if things go wrong the trace of the scam begins in Europe and not half the world away.

Every ASIC investment involves substantial risks right now (scam, late delivery, unstable/broken product delivered, business failure...). If you can't compare those risks and distribute your investments of course you will be disappointed. Although I had bumps in the road (refunded bASICs) my investments in ASICs are paying themselves nicely right now so I'm probably doing something right...

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:24:42 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 03:39:59 PM by Bitcoinorama

Dude there's no name calling. I'm well aware of that thread and the KNC Miner one. I live in Europe. Bitsyncom has a chip purchase specific wallet with 760,000 chips worth of Bitcoins sitting in it. That one group buy for 10,000 looks legit. Others aren't so. On top of which they've had trouble completing the shipping of either of their mining rig runs successfully.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

Can we uhh, Talk more about BFL and less about the other guys... This IS the BFL announcement thread afterall...

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:41:38 PM

The mining return will drop so fast that soon people will just buy coins instead of mine, why bother with so much hassles about the electricity/heat/management of rigs if you are not a hardware fan... ASICminer's shares could be another alternative

philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:31:15 PM

250w at wall is impressive, but 76c degree on the chips! They are pushing it too hard, might need some powerful fans with 200+ cfm, it seems it's not a PWM fan like avalon used

The board is not in its enclosure. There are two more big fans in a push-pull configuration which will hopefully drop the temps a bit.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:39:27 PM

Can we uhh, Talk more about BFL and less about the other guys... This IS the BFL announcement thread afterall...
Agreed, the mods allow these threads to go so off track it's unsurvivable. Do you want people to go over to the Klondike development thread and only talk about BFL products and derail the thread?

Quote from: BFL_Josh;36579
Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
For the 'legacy' 60/30Gh orders, are those going to be filled with one unit at this point? Sorry if this has been answered, I haven't seen a current position on this topic recently. Thanks!

30's definitely. 60's almost for sure, but not 100% quite yet. We get our first batch of binned chips today I think (or tomorrow) so we'll see then. I don't anticipate it will be a problem putting 60 GH/s (+/- 10%) into a box.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2967-may-29-2013-asic-update-discussion-thread-6.html

This might be good news for people with older orders.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:19:36 PM

http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx

Q: Can I file a complaint if I am a citizen of the United States but have been victimized by an individual or company outside of the United States?
If one of the two parties involved is located within the United States, please feel free to file a complaint.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx

Q: Can I file a complaint if I am a citizen of the United States but have been victimized by an individual or company outside of the United States?
If one of the two parties involved is located within the United States, please feel free to file a complaint.

From http://www.ic3.gov/about/default.aspx
The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local, and international level, the IC3 provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes.

It looks like if IC3 can't do anything about it, they would refer the complaint to an organization that would be able to. If you live in the US, they will probably go to bat for you. If only the accused party lives in the US, they would probably investigate on the assumption that a fraudulent operation inside the US would also target US citizens in addition to violating the law.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 08:44:11 PM

You guys try so hard and fail at every attempt.  Does it suck to be such failure, or is it just "normal" for you and you don't know any other method of operation?  Do you lurch from one failure to another, wondering why the world is out to get you?  I've always wondered what it's like to be bad at everything you do, unable to succeed at anything.  It's actually pretty funny, keep it up!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 09:28:48 PM

Alright, listen up, no one say anything about BFL after the above comment.

No, not even it's management or any forms of [perceived] incompetence therein.

Let him bask in the glowing irony of his own statement and circumstance.

Shhh....just let it be.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:12:38 AM

You guys try so hard and fail at every attempt.  Does it suck to be such failure, or is it just "normal" for you and you don't know any other method of operation?  Do you lurch from one failure to another, wondering why the world is out to get you?  I've always wondered what it's like to be bad at everything you do, unable to succeed at anything.  It's actually pretty funny, keep it up!

heh..hehehehehehehe.ahahahahhahahaa...ahahhahahahahahahah  Grin     I have the feeling there is an entire year worth of customers waiting for a product that may feel similarly.

ps: i havent been following closely, but is 'Inaba' actually a BFL employee? I keep hearing so, but trolls be trollin'  Huh

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:17:53 AM

heh..hehehehehehehe.ahahahahhahahaa...ahahhahahahahahahah  Grin     I have the feeling there is an entire year worth of customers waiting for a product that may feel similarly.

ps: i havent been following closely, but is 'Inaba' actually a BFL employee? I keep hearing so, but trolls be trollin'  Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97269.msg1071218#msg1071218
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:16:25 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97269.msg1071218#msg1071218

suddenly, it seems a lot less funny what Inaba said.  Sad

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:33:07 AM

Don't get upset guys his comment was directed at BFL_Josh !

Have you watched Fight Club  Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:36:19 AM

Speaking of failure, let's take a look at Jody's blog.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Shipping Update
No Little Singles Shipped

Thursday, July 11, 2013 Shipping Update
We shipped no Little Singles today.

Friday, July 12, 2013 Shipping Update
We shipped no Little Singles today.

Buy & Hold
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:04:37 PM

"You guys try so hard and fail at every attempt.  Does it suck to be such failure, or is it just "normal" for you and you don't know any other method of operation?  Do you lurch from one failure to another, wondering why the world is out to get you?  I've always wondered what it's like to be bad at everything you do, unable to succeed at anything.  It's actually pretty funny, keep it up!"

I'm not really into mining and haven't ordered anything from butterfly labs so I'm not really orientated to the situation. Did a butterfly labs employee just insult the bitcoin community and his own customers in the most venal terms possible? Or have I got the wrong idea?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: