Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:48:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs  (Read 227492 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:14:55 AM

... My guess you must have been doing some serious drugs the night before. ...

Maybe it was bath-salts from Silk Road, those cause the brain to cook a little. I remember the bath-salt zombie media blitz of 2013 where one woman dropped dead from a cooked brain however, she killed a pitbull by biting to death first. Also this one dude in Florida ate pieces of another guys face after he failed to score. Classic Satanic drug-induced homo-necrotic and necro-bestiality activity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:20:11 AM

Maybe it was bath-salts from Silk Road, those cause the brain to cook a little. I remember the bath-salt zombie media blitz of 2013 where one woman dropped dead from a cooked brain however, she killed a pitbull by biting to death first. Also this one dude in Florida ate pieces of another guys face after he failed to score. Classic Satanic drug-induced homo-necrotic and necro-bestiality activity.

Maybe it has a previously undocumented case of ripping off customers and mining with their hardware as well.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:55:30 AM

Maybe it has a previously undocumented case of ripping off customers and mining with their hardware as well.

Some customers have been robbed of millions worth crypto-mining revenue, I'm surprised he's as healthy as he his. Money to support a family, money to buy a house, money to buy nice cars. A million bucks buys a lot of dreams.
opieum2

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:03:51 AM

Some customers have been robbed of millions worth crypto-mining revenue, I'm surprised he's as healthy as he his. Money to support a family, money to buy a house, money to buy nice cars. A million bucks buys a lot of dreams.

Millions stolen crushes the dreams of others. Considering that BFL was started on 8k and funded on pre-orders money that makes every person who paid for a pre-order an investor. After the FTC is done it will be the SEC's turn for securities fraud.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Millions stolen crushes the dreams of others. Considering that BFL was started on 8k and funded on pre-orders money that makes every person who paid for a pre-order an investor. After the FTC is done it will be the SEC's turn for securities fraud.

No it makes every person a victim and unsecured creditor in a fraudulent business that will go into liquidation.  It also makes BF LABS INC an undercapitalised corporation which provides a VERY strong avenue for piercing the corp veil (BFL even made claims to contrary as it was a hotly discussed issue at the time).  Lots of us talked about it before BFL started shipping 65nm line and that if BFL was doing that it was a BIG gamble and not very smart).  Even though they probably don't actually need the undercap avenue since once they prove fraud all bets for LLC protection are gone.

The SEC is not getting involved with BFL, this is consumer white collar fraud. Possible mail/wire fraud, money laundering, deceptive business practices, misuse of corp money, stealing from customers, parole violations.  The list goes on but none of them involve stuff the SEC would deal with mate.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:28:12 PM

No it makes every person a victim and unsecured creditor in a fraudulent business that will go into liquidation.  It also makes BF LABS INC an undercapitalised corporation which provides a VERY strong avenue for piercing the corp veil (BFL even made claims to contrary as it was a hotly discussed issue at the time).  Lots of us talked about it before BFL started shipping 65nm line and that if BFL was doing that it was a BIG gamble and not very smart).  Even though they probably don't actually need the undercap avenue since once they prove fraud all bets for LLC protection are gone.

The SEC is not getting involved with BFL, this is consumer white collar fraud. Possible mail/wire fraud, money laundering, deceptive business practices, misuse of corp money, stealing from customers, parole violations.  The list goes on but none of them involve stuff the SEC would deal with mate.

Josh's GLBSE's dealings come to mind.
opieum2

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:55:48 PM

Regardless there are other things going for them that will involve criminal liability for them.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:09:18 AM

Regardless there are other things going for them that will involve criminal liability for them.

Almost certainly true, it is difficult to imagine other agencies not coming in for round two.  What is amusing somewhat is that the FTC shit is going to feel like fun time to BFL when round two starts.  In all probability it only gets worse from here for a lot of people involved with the scam.  My only point was the SEC is unlikely to weigh in on BFL.

Josh's GLBSE's dealings come to mind.

That's Josh not BFL, the post I quoted mention the SEC coming after BFL and I think that is extremely unlikely given what we know now.  
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:16:23 AM

LOL

Sounds like Xian is. Not sure why he sent me that bag of dicks, he must be a fan of them.

Nostalgia time. I took this picture. It seemed kind of funny at the time, but now it's just one of those Josh things....like the foam pitchforks. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's a boxcuttter there with a note that says "For Dave", meaning Dave "The Knife" McClain. Just a somewhat hidden message there.
So that's not a photoshop ? (when I first saw the photo, I thought it was PS'd for some-odd reason) Someone actually sent him some Penis Candy ?

That's hysterical.

Nope. He bought it because you or someone else....or the entire internet, technically, told him to eat a bag of dicks.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:19:22 PM

BFL: I know you've pretty much written off this forum - can't blame you, even if it's your own doing - but on the off chance you do still monitor this thread: Please don't be like KnCMiner. Archive your forums and make the wealth of information therein available to your previous customers, even if it's only for a limited time so that mirrors can be kept.  The new knowledgebase is undoubtedly a better approach going forward, but it does not - and can never - approach the breadth and depth of information that the old forums offered, and archive.org is a stop-gap measure at best.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:10:14 AM

BFL: I know you've pretty much written off this forum - can't blame you, even if it's your own doing - but on the off chance you do still monitor this thread: Please don't be like KnCMiner. Archive your forums and make the wealth of information therein available to your previous customers, even if it's only for a limited time so that mirrors can be kept.  The new knowledgebase is undoubtedly a better approach going forward, but it does not - and can never - approach the breadth and depth of information that the old forums offered, and archive.org is a stop-gap measure at best.

Does anybody have TheRealSteve's vitals by chance? I want to sue his ass for making me laugh so fuckin' hard, for I think I busted a blood vessel to what's that thing located attached to the neck?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:27:54 AM

I think if anyone wants that data they would have to compile it and post without BFL help.

Where are all the BFL tech support people, non-employees, who used to have a direct line into the BFL and had product before the customers so amazingly that you would have thought they were part of the BFL fold right?

At this point those people have gone dark and I wonder why that is the case?

Where did LIGHTFOOT go? Truly amazing that as soon as the veil was finally lifted on the fraud these great community supporters of BFL just went POOF. One can speculate why and it was a cozy relationship given that Bruce, SLok, and others frequently discussed the Monarch in the thread I have quoted below. Lots of data was coming directly from Lightfoot from some sources inside BFL obviously.

Well, the 300gh unit is back up and running, but with a slightly higher error count than normal. 15%, normally I see 2-5%. It's also a tiny bit slower, 280 or so instead of 300. Most of the errors are on the front chip but it's purring along and mining for the owner.

The two 700's are a different pair: One of them is running with one of it's two chips normal, the other 100% errors. Checking the FETs I see the voltage is a lot lower on that side; either the whole chip is toast or all of the FETs on that side are damaged. Or a *low* side FET failed, but that would create a hell of a hot spot. I may hook it up to the scope this weekend to see if the gates are all smooth or if one channel is odd (pointing to an intermittent FET).

The second one is dead. Removing the FETs I found that the PCB under the FET itself was burned in two places on both sides. Nothing spectacular, just a <1mm pad had vaporized under the FET. Result is I can't put a new one on, I did a quick try swapping in 17506 FETs but they can't hold 350gh a side without blowing up. They can hold 250, so I may rebuild this one as a 500gh unit.

Or I will have them RMAed with BFL. The water blocks on all of them share a common thread: Leaks or serious weirdness in the front block. I haven't see this on other units and the guy has other Monarchs that are fine. This miht just be a case where a bad batch of cooling blocks leaked over time, which then caused the chips to overheat with spectacular power draws and interesting results.

The 300 held because when it heated up the damage was minor. On the 700's one knocked out a side, and the other ran till the FETs failed hard. Not unbelievable.

Interesting. Well, I'll try replacing the FETs on the left side this weekend to bring the one unit back to normal, and will then try lower speed FETs on the other one and drop the voltage to the point where it will run at 500 or so. That should do it.

In any event since I am experimenting at this point on my own time, flag, and dollar I will stand behind my work personally: If I have to donate a SP20 (same 1.7th) to make things right I'll do that.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: