Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:41:50 AM

xyz

Activity: 1857
Merit: 774

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:16:43 PM

Today I found a new asset in my wallet, named "fun". It's nice to have something in my wallet, thanks!  Smiley
I found out that some other wallets have received such an asset too. I am wondering who sent my that and what for?!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

what's the next big update for qora,
someone dumped again.

What's the matter? I thought it was a good idea to hold back for months on becoming OS and not when the coin was actually getting attention.

I won't say I told you so.
I am always holding the coins and not selling ,
I can wait, but what's the next big bang?

There will be a minor pop on AT completion and maybe a new skin for the wallet but I fear they are already known about and won't do much. BUT I have a hunch and this is pure speculation but this coin could in theory be massive, want to know what?

I know nothing but my understanding is the GEMS messenger project has the vision to add other coins later to the app. Well Daniel Peled who was an active member of Qora and has even said he would like to do something with Qora at some point would be quite positive about Qora being added to the app. Like I said pure conjecture on my part but IF the app blows up and they do look for coins to add then I like Qoras chances above even coins like NXT etc. It's a lot of if and buts, but it could blow Qora upward. So I would hold at least some coins long term, even a million or so would be worth a small fortune IF the senario I mentioned actually happened.

How likely is it that Qora would be included in the Gems app? Amazing if true but I wouldn't belive it unless Daniel Peled confirms it.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:09:42 PM

what's the next big update for qora,
someone dumped again.

What's the matter? I thought it was a good idea to hold back for months on becoming OS and not when the coin was actually getting attention.

I won't say I told you so.
I am always holding the coins and not selling ,
I can wait, but what's the next big bang?

There will be a minor pop on AT completion and maybe a new skin for the wallet but I fear they are already known about and won't do much. BUT I have a hunch and this is pure speculation but this coin could in theory be massive, want to know what?

I know nothing but my understanding is the GEMS messenger project has the vision to add other coins later to the app. Well Daniel Peled who was an active member of Qora and has even said he would like to do something with Qora at some point would be quite positive about Qora being added to the app. Like I said pure conjecture on my part but IF the app blows up and they do look for coins to add then I like Qoras chances above even coins like NXT etc. It's a lot of if and buts, but it could blow Qora upward. So I would hold at least some coins long term, even a million or so would be worth a small fortune IF the senario I mentioned actually happened.

How likely is it that Qora would be included in the Gems app? Amazing if true but I wouldn't belive it unless Daniel Peled confirms it.

What will the end product of the GEMS messenger project be?
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:36:42 PM

I could be wrong, but I got the impression that the end goal was something like a full social networking platform.  Aspirations of being the next Facebook, perhaps.  But it's a tall order, as even google couldn't pull that one off.  Either way, this is the first connection I've heard of between it and Qora.
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:19:07 PM

Qora rulez because of a lot of cheap tokens for everyone
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:30:16 AM

Well, I finally decided to download the Qora wallet to transfer my coins from Poloniex to my computer. I've unzipped it but I'm not sure which file I need to open to run the wallet? Do I click on Qora.jar (executable jar file) or run.bat (MS-DOS batch file)? I can't find a readme file anywhere.

EDIT: I just noticed the Qora faucet directs you to the old thread which is locked. Perhaps it might be a good idea if a link to the new thread was added too?
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 12:35:32 AM

Well, I finally decided to download the Qora wallet to transfer my coins from Poloniex to my computer. I've unzipped it but I'm not sure which file I need to open to run the wallet? Do I click on Qora.jar (executable jar file) or run.bat (MS-DOS batch file)? I can't find a readme file anywhere.

If you are on Windows then the run.bat will launch the wallet.
If you are on Linux/MAC then use the run.sh

Bizmark13

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:58:28 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 03:13:14 AM by Bizmark13

Thanks, that seems to do the trick.

Anyone else checked the block explorer recently? According to the site, the last 20+ blocks were all forged by the same address which holds almost 2 billion QORA:

http://qora.co.in/?q=QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB

EDIT: Looking even more back, I can see a few other addresses that also generated blocks. Perhaps it belongs to an exchange or something (Bter?).

Also Poloniex seems to be having some troubles with their Qora wallet. I made a withdrawal and the confirmation email came but after that it came up as "ERROR" so I submitted a support ticket. Apparently others have also been having similar problems too.

EDIT 2: OK, so I have the wallet in front of me. Where is the button to start staking/forging?
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:49:43 AM

Thanks, that seems to do the trick.

Anyone else checked the block explorer recently? According to the site, the last 20+ blocks were all forged by the same address which holds almost 2 billion QORA:

http://qora.co.in/?q=QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB

EDIT: Looking even more back, I can see a few other addresses that also generated blocks. Perhaps it belongs to an exchange or something (Bter?).

Also Poloniex seems to be having some troubles with their Qora wallet. I made a withdrawal and the confirmation email came but after that it came up as "ERROR" so I submitted a support ticket. Apparently others have also been having similar problems too.

EDIT 2: OK, so I have the wallet in front of me. Where is the button to start staking/forging?

Yes, QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB is a Bter address...would be ideal if they split it up into a few staking addresses or not stake at all.

To stake, just unlock the wallet once it is up to date and "Oke". You can then lock it back and it will stake.
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:41:34 AM

Poloniex is still having issues.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:13:25 AM

I could be wrong, but I got the impression that the end goal was something like a full social networking platform.  Aspirations of being the next Facebook, perhaps.  But it's a tall order, as even google couldn't pull that one off.  Either way, this is the first connection I've heard of between it and Qora.

Well it's more a messenging app like Whatsapp. And like I said its pure conjecture on my part. But still the point is if the planets align and the app gets big and they do look for additional coins to add then Qora probably has a good chance due to Daniels involvement in Qora then it really could go to the moon. I feel like I'm making assumptions and stepping over the line but really I was just bringing up the idea for discussion if anything. but here one time he mentions what I'm talking about. It's worth keeping an eye on for sure.

lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:11:31 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 06:53:16 AM by lyynx

2015 should be a big year for Qora and I stress the word should. We closed out the year on a high note by going open source and with AT around the corner, we're starting the new year with great momentum.

By looking at the charts, the big dumps appear to be slowing and there appears to be nice buy support building, obviously at very low prices. All in all what happens from here on out will be reflective of our efforts, so we as the community need to put on our thinking caps and roll up our sleeves.

The team on slack is starting to pick up steam and there are some nice updates just around the corner.

To be upfront, I do have some concerns about Qora and hopefully we can put our heads together to solve these issues.

1. Transaction speed -  due to the low node volume, time between some blocks is 9+ minutes, this is not good. There are some alts now that are at 6-24 seconds between blocks and in my opinion speed is very important. We need to decide what type of currency we are to be.

2. Transaction volume - the amount of empty blocks needs to be amended a I believe the only lasting way is to expand our ecosystem. We need to attract businesses, services and apps to use Qora as part of their accepted cryptos. How this will be done is multi faceted and all ideas are welcome.

3. Wallet - Nxt has come a long way from their original wallet configuration and I think it is a top priority for us as well. As I have stated in a prior post, we need a one click install wallet and in my opinion, this wallet should support skinning.

4. Additionally, it appears some currencies and platforms are beginning to support each other, some with merged mining, others using another alt to fill a void in their crypto. SuperNet is a good example. We need to identify possible collaboration opportunities with other cryptos.

I will have a lot more to discuss in the coming days, but I just wanted to pose my thoughts to the community and see what your concerns and wish lists are so we can develop a gameplan that is complimentary to our collective goals.

Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:05:22 AM

Poloniex is still having issues.

Yep. After waiting nearly 1 month to get my last batch of Qora off there I sold some XDN for Qora and now it's stuck on ShareXcoin ... err Poloniex.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:01:21 PM

2015 should be a big year for Qora and I stress the word should. We closed out the year on a high note by going open source and with AT around the corner, we're starting the new year with great momentum.

By looking at the charts, the big dumps appear to be slowing and there appears to be nice buy support building, obviously at very low prices. All in all what happens from here on out will be reflective of our efforts, so we as the community need to put on our thinking caps and roll up our sleeves.

The team on slack is starting to pick up steam and there are some nice updates just around the corner.

To be upfront, I do have some concerns about Qora and hopefully we can put our heads together to solve these issues.

1. Transaction speed -  due to the low node volume, time between some blocks is 9+ minutes, this is not good. There are some alts now that are at 6-24 seconds between blocks and in my opinion speed is very important. We need to decide what type of currency we are to be.

2. Transaction volume - the amount of empty blocks needs to be amended a I believe the only lasting way is to expand our ecosystem. We need to attract businesses, services and apps to use Qora as part of their accepted cryptos. How this will be done is multi faceted and all ideas are welcome.

3. Wallet - Nxt has come a long way from their original wallet configuration and I think it is a top priority for us as well. As I have stated in a prior post, we need a one click install wallet and in my opinion, this wallet should support skinning.

4. Additionally, it appears some currencies and platforms are beginning to support each other, some with merged mining, others using another alt to fill a void in their crypto. SuperNet is a good example. We need to identify possible collaboration opportunities with other cryptos.

I will have a lot more to discuss in the coming days, but I just wanted to pose my thoughts to the community and see what your concerns and wish lists are so we can develop a gameplan that is complimentary to our collective goals.

Totally agree with all you points.

@Qora dev are the ways you can make development in these points Lyynx is mentioning?
Would be great if we can make a roadmap, where we can implement these developments
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:36:49 AM

Lets hope 2015 is a great year for Qora.
firstly, the btc in 2015 should show great process,
then the other coins.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:51:39 PM

Can you fill the questionnaire? Cheesy

About the Qora:

Operational - 7 Months
Consensus Mechanism
Block Production TIme
Recommended Confirmation Time
Worst Case for Confirmation Time
Transaction Load
Anonymous Transactions
Transaction Fee Costs
Network Security Costs
Share Supply
Share Divisibility (precision)

Coin features: Yes/No/In Development/Planned:

Profit Sharing
Market Pegged Assets
User Issued Assets
Order Matching
User Registered Accounts
Messaging
Cross-Chain Trading Support
Multisignature
Smart Contracts
Hardware Wallet
Mobile Wallet
Decentralised Exchange
Pruning
Voting System
Instant Transactions
Automated Transactions
Mesh Networking
Account Control
Marketplace
Brain Wallet
Alias System
Encyrpted Blockchain Messaging
Merchant Tools
Inflation
Average Volume (mil USD)
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:16:22 PM

IS THERE SOMEBODY WITH A MAC WALLET WHO CAN HELP ME?!!?! I HAVE ALREADY 1 MONTH ISSUES WITH THE WALLET AND I HOLD THE BOUNTIES AND I NEED TO PAY A DESIGNER IN ORDER TO CREATE SOME NEW THINGS FOR US. IMPORTANT!!!
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 09:24:14 PM

IS THERE SOMEBODY WITH A MAC WALLET WHO CAN HELP ME?!!?! I HAVE ALREADY 1 MONTH ISSUES WITH THE WALLET AND I HOLD THE BOUNTIES AND I NEED TO PAY A DESIGNER IN ORDER TO CREATE SOME NEW THINGS FOR US. IMPORTANT!!!

You can proceed by doing the below :
Install Virtual Box on MAC
Create a new device and install Ubuntu ( video )
Install Java and Qora on Ubuntu and then launch Qora

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:00:59 PM

Hey Twistelaar.  Just wanted to quickly respond and say that I was stumped by your errors.  I wish I could have helped.

@Qora, is there a chance that we could get a new build (with the GUI) that ouputs non-onfuscated class/method names to the terminal on errors?  Maybe then some of us can help pinpoint Twist's problem.

I run my wallet on a Mac and I haven't seen his issue before.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: