Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113724 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:32:02 AM

Bitcoin has a huge network effect that we can't compare to us. Nxt has a bigger network effect and more features.

Thanks for the insight. I too want Qora to succeed. How can this happen? For one, this means a successful network is a must. One of the main reasons Qora is unstable is because of the lack of a strong network. Forging is not profitable so people will only support the network if they are interested in making Qora succeed, not for profit. NHZ offers node rewards and they have over 4K nodes. I suggest we think about how to increase the number of nodes. Crypto is a network and without a good one, it will be difficult for Qora to succeed long term.  Features will come, esp with AT, but the network node numbers must increase at first.

I believe Qora once had a node reward program where you would get about 1,000 QORA for running a node. Not sure if it's still running anymore though.
agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:56:55 PM

Updated http://qora.co.in/?datafolder
Added automatic link to the latest data folder: http://qora.co.in/data/last.7z, http://qora.co.in/data/last.zip.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:44:58 AM

Bitcoin has a huge network effect that we can't compare to us. Nxt has a bigger network effect and more features.

Thanks for the insight. I too want Qora to succeed. How can this happen? For one, this means a successful network is a must. One of the main reasons Qora is unstable is because of the lack of a strong network. Forging is not profitable so people will only support the network if they are interested in making Qora succeed, not for profit. NHZ offers node rewards and they have over 4K nodes. I suggest we think about how to increase the number of nodes. Crypto is a network and without a good one, it will be difficult for Qora to succeed long term.  Features will come, esp with AT, but the network node numbers must increase at first.

I believe Qora once had a node reward program where you would get about 1,000 QORA for running a node. Not sure if it's still running anymore though.
anyone are running a node. 
it is important for us.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:07:06 PM

Guys you should withdraw your coins from Bter to Poloniex
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 05:52:33 PM

Guys you should withdraw your coins from Bter to Poloniex

Considering it took 21 days to get my Qora off there last time, I'm good.  Wink

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

anyone are running a node. 
it is important for us.

I've tried, but the qora client crashes regularly on my 64 bit win8 Sad
It's an awt exception, updated java to the latest version and removed the nvidia graphic driver (only windows stock driver now), but nothing changed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.msg9759115#msg9759115

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

I've never liked Bter and I just can't trust Polo.  I don't know why but there is something about them I'm just jot comfortable with.  We need to try and get Qora on cryptsy.  They have a coin vote page and Qora has never had a lot of love.  Google "Cryptsy Vote" And you should be able to find the page.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
digitron

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:48:15 PM

It's an awt exception, updated java to the latest version and removed the nvidia graphic driver (only windows stock driver now), but nothing changed.

Works fine for me with same config. Did you ever try with any of the compatibility modes? Win7, Vista, XP?

⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |        • Resources   • Website   • Slack
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |   Real World B2B Blockchain solutions  |   Join the TEC - May 1st - Jun 30th
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |                                                                 • Twitter   • Blog   • Facebook
merkalor

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:44:01 AM

I've never liked Bter and I just can't trust Polo.  I don't know why but there is something about them I'm just jot comfortable with.  We need to try and get Qora on cryptsy.  They have a coin vote page and Qora has never had a lot of love.  Google "Cryptsy Vote" And you should be able to find the page.

+1
We need Cryptsy

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:23:25 AM

Works fine for me with same config. Did you ever try with any of the compatibility modes? Win7, Vista, XP?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that when I'm back from vacation.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
helloge
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

why not Bter?
I think it is OK and popular in China,
I think cryptsy is not safe.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
         ▀▀████████████           
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:48:47 PM

why not Bter?
I think it is OK and popular in China,
I think cryptsy is not safe.

After the Bitbay drama i don't trust them

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:54:25 PM

Don't forget that they were (supposedly) hacked and loat over 42 million Nxt.  Many people don't trust them and I, for one, have difficulty trustinf any exchange with significant withdrawal fees AND that limits your daily withdrawals.

Don't get me wring, I don't think. crypsty is awesome but I do think it much more trustworthy than Bter.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
bitbollox

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:29:55 PM

Don't forget that they were (supposedly) hacked and loat over 42 million Nxt.  Many people don't trust them and I, for one, have difficulty trustinf any exchange with significant withdrawal fees AND that limits your daily withdrawals.

Don't get me wring, I don't think. crypsty is awesome but I do think it much more trustworthy than Bter.

I have voted on cryptsy, but cryptsy seriously need to do something about how long it takes for coins to reach cryptsy!
helloge
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:41:35 AM

whatever,it is danger to store coins in exchange, who knows the next mtgox?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
         ▀▀████████████           
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
lovewiki

Activity: 271

Share Love

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 12:56:43 PM

Agree, Qora does need more exchanges and let's vote on Crypsty then. Bter has high withdrawal fees and high minimum trade amounts etc. You don't need to worry about these if you trade on Crypsty.

Actually Poloniex was also hacked before, but still I trust Poloniex atm. At least it did something right for Qora when ShareX became a scam.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:23:42 PM

Guys only 2 days left for the wallet design vote.

Please check your wallets under the vote section and look for the "real wallet design vote".

Also if you would like to donate to the outlay of 10 mill Qora i put into it would be great too.

QMTpgv26GMAt9JCBnXBpSEUVLSB7MHkq35

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

flankliu

Activity: 334

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:12:17 AM

Guys only 2 days left for the wallet design vote.

Please check your wallets under the vote section and look for the "real wallet design vote".

Also if you would like to donate to the outlay of 10 mill Qora i put into it would be great too.

QMTpgv26GMAt9JCBnXBpSEUVLSB7MHkq35

voted
thank you

helloge
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:11:41 AM

what's the next big update for qora,
someone dumped again.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
         ▀▀████████████           
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
helloge
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:35:04 AM

what's the next big update for qora,
someone dumped again.

What's the matter? I thought it was a good idea to hold back for months on becoming OS and not when the coin was actually getting attention.

I won't say I told you so.
I am always holding the coins and not selling ,
I can wait, but what's the next big bang?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
         ▀▀████████████           
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: