Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113723 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flankliu

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:01:31 AM

Happy birthday! QORA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:38:53 AM

Nice buywall.
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:45:52 AM

Nice buywall.
Almost half billion qora have been withdrawn since Bter re-open! That's a good sign.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:38:52 AM

So I'd like to further elaborate on my idea of Qora as a services-oriented platform, and discuss in-depth how the project I am proposing might benefit any potential 3rd-party developer looking to create value-added applications or services for Qora while acquiring a steady stream of income in the same process.

Traditionally, Cryptocurrency development is funded via two major sources -- bounties or donations, and the developers often play the role of a "developer-investor" (meaning - they make money when their investment rises in value). To me, this is definitely NOT the answer and not the way developers should be treated.  Smiley  Remember this -- Developers need to make a living.  Smiley They are human beings too, and it's impossible for them to make a career out of doing Cryptocurrency-related work if the income is not steady enough for him to provide for his family.  And that's the reason why a lot of projects fail and simply cannot sustain themselves - their developers simply cannot afford to work full-time on the project and putting all their energy into taking the projects further.

My proposal is very simple - we need to empower our Crypto developers so they can create income-generating businesses on top of cryptocurrency or make a career out of doing Cryptocurrency work. If we treat our developers well - they will in turn create services that will benefit our users greatly. By giving developers the option, they will be able to fully dedicate their time to the project and bring more value to the coin.  That's why I believe a fee based services-oriented platform is the solution that makes the most sense.

Originally, I was thinking of developing a small launcher application for Qora for my own personal use. It will list all the services I've created for Qora, and if anyone uses it, I will get paid in the process.  Grin This is how it works - an end-user will select the service he wishes to use from the drop-down list, then when he clicks the "launch service" button, a pre-determined fee is paid to me (the money is transferred from the user's wallet to my address behind the scene). Smiley  That was the idea behind "Qora Services Explorer"'s inception. I was thinking of ways for me to capitalize on my work as a Qora developer.  Now we're having more developers on our team, and I've become even more ambitious.  Smiley  I realized we can actually scale the idea up and create a full-fledged "Qora App Store" or "Qora Services Store."  It utilizes the SaaS concept, in which a developer will be paid on a per-use basis.  So here is one scenario and example -- Let's say a developer creates a very popular service for Qora "Dark-Trade," every time the user want to use the service, a "fee" is paid to the developer (per-use basis).  And in order to use the service, the end user must also buy more Qora (which brings more value to the network as well)!

Okay, I know the idea is not exactly revolutionary, but I feel this is a goal we should pursue from the very start.  Because if this service-oriented platform really takes off and becomes a reality, I believe we will be seeing an army of developers for Qora. I believe that if we give developers the option of being able to make money from their work, more developers will flock to Qora and create services for our end users. Also, imagine this scenario: Developers will be able to port their Android or iOS projects to Qora and create "Dark-version" of their programs. "App" is a billion dollars industry, and I feel it only makes sense if we get a slice of the pie.  Tongue

A potential "Qora Services Store" project will likely consist of the following elements:

1. Service ID Registration Service (Part of Developer's Portal at http://developer.qora.org): This will be a web app hosted at the Developer's portal which ONLY assigns a Qora Service ID to a developer AFTER an application has been received and approved by the Core development team, and the web app will also list all the Service IDs that are currently occupied and in use. I believe this is the approach that will make the most sense, because it will eliminate any "Service IDs" waste, and it is also the best way to enforce policies regulating Service Port use (it really doesn't make any sense to let anyone claims any ID range randomly, doesn't it?).  Also, a procedure must be developed for a potential developer to submit his ID Request and to apply to become an official Qora Application Developer.  The Core Team must do the filtering and screening before a service is allowed to use a particular "port" and get listed in the Services Store.

In addition, I believe that we can levy an "developer's account fee" for the marketing effort.

2. Qora Service Development Framework: Basically, this is just a set of wrapper classes and libraries that make features like Arbitrary Transaction simple to the developers.

3. Qora Services Explorer/Services Store frontend: This is the integrated Wallet frontend or the launcher platform where all the 3rd-party applications will be listed. It's likely that the Qora Wallet will need to be overhauled.  

4. Store backend (payment service): A list of developers' Qora Wallet addresses must be kept in a database and match to the application ID assigned.  A developer will receive payment IMMEDIATELY when a user pays to use a particular service. (So unlike Amazon, Android, or iOS stores, a developer will get paid immediately, not on a monthly basis).

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:01:26 PM

Your idea of payment for service has some merit but in my opinion it should be a "one off" fee and perhaps even optional (if the fee isn't too high and is ticked by default then most people won't untick it).

To be very clear I am very much against "copyright" and "royalties" (and "patent" for that matter) but of course devs do need to eat and live somewhere.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:06:49 PM

Your idea of payment for service has some merit but in my opinion it should be a "one off" fee and perhaps even optional (if the fee isn't too high and is ticked by default then most people won't untick it).

To be very clear I am very much against "copyright" and "royalties" (and "patent" for that matter) but of course devs do need to eat and live somewhere.

Nice to see you here, Ian!  And thanks for the feedback! Cheesy

Yes! I totally understand where you are coming from, after all, most things on the internet are "free" after all...  But what I was thinking was we should come up ways for potential developers to make money (so cryptocurrency will become their business and main source of income instead of just being a "Hobby" project. And they will have the option to work full time on their project while having this steady stream of income to sustain them).. That is the thinking behind the fee-idea.  Smiley

Also, I feel Crypto has a BIG ADVANTAGE over traditional Stores like Apple's iOS or Android app stores in that.. Developers will get paid immediately and I feel that it is a big plus for a lot of people.  Smiley
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:09:18 PM

...so cryptocurrency will become their business and main source of income instead of just being a "Hobby" project...

Indeed but I think we need to do that carefully. It is a bit like "artists" being paid for "art". Sooner or later you end up with "plain rubbish" being created by untalented people and promoted by fools just so that everyone can "make a buck".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:15:37 PM

...so cryptocurrency will become their business and main source of income instead of just being a "Hobby" project...

Indeed but I think we need to do that carefully. It is a bit like "artists" being paid for "art". Sooner or later you end up with "plain rubbish" being created by untalented people and promoted by fools just so that everyone can "make a buck".

Right, that's why as part of the application process, I proposed that a Service ID is only issued to a developer if an application is deemed worthy of being published and deployed.  Smiley   I think a dev team is needed to hold the line of defense and screen applications before they're deployed (and not just letting anyone publishing their work).  

Yeah, I know where u're coming from. But don't you think it's up to customer to decide which apps are worthy of being spent on (so the power is ultimately in customer's hand)?  Smiley  We can have a rating system that informs customer which apps have the most purchases in the past 24 hr.  Shouldn't be too difficult to implement.  Maybe I missed something because I am not so sure what the problem is.  Smiley

PS: To the two new developers joining our team, Ian  (CIYAM) is the developer behind Automated Transaction (Smart Contract) technology, you can read all about his work here: http://ciyam.org/at/
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:18:55 PM

But don't you think it's up to customer to decide which apps are worthy of being spent on (so the power is ultimately in customer's hand)?

Absolutely - and once you have AT implemented you will have the Crowdfund AT to help! Smiley

calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:24:42 PM

But don't you think it's up to customer to decide which apps are worthy of being spent on (so the power is ultimately in customer's hand)?

Absolutely - and once you have AT implemented you will have the Crowdfund AT to help! Smiley

Oh yeah!! Honestly can't wait to see that!! It will be a great tool in the Qora Developer's toolbox (I was telling scriptmastr how AT technology will beat Ethereum.. haha).

A quick question while you're here -- will there be any high-level API calls developed for Qora with the next wallet release?  Also, I heard vbcs was relocating.  Any idea when he will be back on BTT?  Grin
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:26:44 PM

A quick question while you're here -- will there be any high-level API calls developed for Qora with the next wallet release?  Also, I heard vbcs was relocating.  Any idea when he will be back on BTT?  Grin

I have no idea about the Qora development itself (as I am not directly involved) but @vbcs has finished relocating and should be active again soon (he unfortunately came down with a cold that he is just getting over).

calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:32:43 PM

I have no idea about the Qora development itself (as I am not directly involved) but @vbcs has finished relocating and should be active again soon (he unfortunately came down with a cold that he is just getting over).

Oh,no! Sorry to hear that. Please do give him my regards though.  Smiley   Have been looking forward to release of AT for months! Honestly can't wait to get my hands on it.  Grin

By the way, do  you know if the first ACCT use case has been implemented (or still in the work)?  

did you have any luck getting a Scripted Clone to implement AT?  Smiley

PS: I was going to talk to MicroCoin's dev (hithb) on your behalf. I am a big investor of Microcoin and Alcurex  Grin  But I don't know if you guys have already found a partner or not, so I haven't done that.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:36:32 PM

By the way, do  you know if the first ACCT use case has been implemented (or still in the work)?  

We have written the use case but as only one blockchain currently is running AT (Burst) we haven't implemented it yet.

did you have any luck getting a Scripted Clone to implement AT?  Smiley

PS: I was going to talk to MicroCoin's dev (hithb) on your behalf. I am a big investor of Microcoin and Alcurex  Grin  But I don't know if you guys have already found a partner yet, so I haven't done that.

Unfortunately - we did not and I am going to most likely *cancel* the bounty for that (so if you think the guy you know might be interested then contact him about that ASAP).

calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:40:48 PM

Unfortunately - we did not and I am going to most likely *cancel* the bounty for that (so if you think the guy you know might be interested then contact him about that ASAP).

Okay! Thank you very much for telling me that today.. I'm going to send him a message right away. He's a great guy always looking for ways to add value to his coin. I'll try to convince him to take your bounty.

Seriously, thank you so much for all the effort put into ACCT..   Smiley We need a decentralized exchange now more than ever (BTER... Big Sigh  Embarrassed

PS: Okay, it just hit me.  Why do you need a scripted clone with existing user base?  I don't understand why you can't just create a clone from scratch and name it "Bitcoin-Token."  The whole point of this bounty is to prove that AT is compatible with Bitcoin-based technology right?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:45:53 PM

Why do you need a scripted clone with existing user base?  I don't understand why you can't just create a clone from scratch and name it "Bitcoin-Token."  The whole point of this bounty is to prove that AT is compatible with Bitcoin-based technology right?

Correct - but I don't want a coin that gets "attacked to death" as that would not be good PR - so as long as it can't be destroyed then it can qualify.

calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:50:27 PM

Why do you need a scripted clone with existing user base?  I don't understand why you can't just create a clone from scratch and name it "Bitcoin-Token."  The whole point of this bounty is to prove that AT is compatible with Bitcoin-based technology right?

Correct - but I don't want a coin that gets "attacked to death" as that would not be good PR - so as long as it can't be destroyed then it can qualify.

LOL.. gotcha  Wink  I am writing a nice letter to Microcoin dev, halibit right now.. I love AT and I'd do whatever I can to help you guys succeed!  Grin  Can't wait to see the day when AT dominates the crypto world  Smiley

First - Microcoin, Next - Bitcoin!  Grin
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:01:22 PM

LOL.. gotcha  Wink  I am writing a nice letter to Microcoin dev, halibit right now.. I love AT and I'd do whatever I can to help you guys succeed!  Grin  Can't wait to see the day when AT dominates the crypto world  Smiley

First - Microcoin, Next - Bitcoin!  Grin
Why not qora?
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:07:01 PM

Why do you need a scripted clone with existing user base?  I don't understand why you can't just create a clone from scratch and name it "Bitcoin-Token."  The whole point of this bounty is to prove that AT is compatible with Bitcoin-based technology right?

LOL.. gotcha  Wink  I am writing a nice letter to Microcoin dev, halibit right now.. I love AT and I'd do whatever I can to help you guys succeed!  Grin  Can't wait to see the day when AT dominates the crypto world  Smiley

First - Microcoin, Next - Bitcoin!  Grin
Why not qora?

No no... Ian (CIYAM) has a bounty up for a Bitcoin Scripted Clone to implement AT..

His goal is to demonstrate that AT is compatible with  Bitcoin based technology.. So eventually, Scripted Clones will decide to incorporate AT into their cores as well (litecoin.. etc)

AT work with Qora has already been finished (or nearly finished).. We're just waiting for vbcs come back and release the new wallet..

We were talking about something else unreleated to Qora (CIYAM's 20 BTC bounty)

PS: Sorry to confuse you...

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 01:09:22 PM

To clarify - AT is going to be implemented for Qora (it is about 95% done AFAIA).

So don't worry - Qora will be the 2nd blockchain to have AT running on it (the bounty is to get AT working for Bitcoin clones).

Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:10:18 PM

Glad to see the recovery of Qora project after announced main dev leaving. Community behind Qora at least is on importance and makes the things. Keep it up.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: