Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:39:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 05:22:14 PM

We are not trying to change Bitcoin Script to become Turing complete at all but instead to extend it to allow AT txs that are Turing complete themselves.

what will be the benefit of this?

A transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self, and the subject is released from the effects of statism and the cycle of hacks and scams. It represents the final goal of Cryptocoiners.

[/lulz]

chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:04:19 PM

Does anyone know whose addresses are these?
http://qora.co.in/?q=QZR8c7dmfwqGPujebFH1miQToJZ4JQfU1X&genblock=0
http://qora.co.in/?q=QSX7k8egKacej4idYdbPe3kEwJkG6oFmu6&genblock=0

Thanks.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:35:21 PM

i think developer:

http://qora.co.in/?q=1

maybe also dev or bter.
it moved 28/feb..

#EDIT: but i don't how the distribution of ICO and premine was. so it can be wrong!

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:49:03 PM

VERY GOOD NEWS FOR THE QORA COMMUNITY!!!!

1. halibit, the operator of Exchange Alcurex.org has agreed to add Qora to their exchange. I'll be working with him to add Qora to their exchange..  Stay tuned.  Grin

2. A good news for CIYAM Team, halibit is very interested in working with AT technology. I feel he is a very capable dev with dedication.  So Ian, I'll send him your way?  Grin

PS: I'll not be home this weekend... But I'll work hard to get us on Alcurex... I think with more exchanges, we will be able to fight off problems like price manipulation... Another Exchange I'd really love to get on is Coinport.. Please contact me if you need any help, eli_lyd1... Let's GET ON Coinport!
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:50:24 PM

1. halibit, the operator of Exchange Alcurex.org has agreed to add Qora to their exchange. I'll be working with him to add Qora to their exchange..  Stay tuned.  Grin

2. A good news for CIYAM Team, halibit is very interested in working with AT technology. I feel he is a very capable dev with dedication.  So Ian, I'll send him your way?  Grin

this is really very good news Smiley
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:51:22 PM

1. halibit, the operator of Exchange Alcurex.org has agreed to add Qora to their exchange. I'll be working with him to add Qora to their exchange..  Stay tuned.  Grin

2. A good news for CIYAM Team, halibit is very interested in working with AT technology. I feel he is a very capable dev with dedication.  So Ian, I'll send him your way?  Grin

Thank you! I'd like to give the community at least one good news every day.. lol
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:53:10 PM

Thank you! I'd like to give the community at least one good news every day.. lol

i am waiting for new wallet impatiently. i hope you give good news about new wallet too  Grin
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:55:20 PM

maybe also dev or bter.
it moved 28/feb..

#EDIT: but i don't how the distribution of ICO and premine was. so it can be wrong!

Dear ca333,

Welcome aboard, Sir, and nice to see you here!

I was thinking of this yesterday and thought I'd share it with you.  Smiley  I hope it's not too much to ask.

I understand you're a cryptography & security expert (just the person we need, yay! Grin) I was wondering if it's possible for you to do a quick security audit & code review on the Qora source code?  Maybe you can share with us your opinion, and what you think which areas of code should be refactored to improve overall security?  Smiley

Some peer review for Qora will definitely be helpful in my opinion.  And I'd really like to hear what an expert thinks of Qora in terms of security.

No pressure! Just wanna throw the idea out in case you'd like something to do.

Thanks! and Welcome again to the team!
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:56:50 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 11:58:56 PM by calvinstm

i am waiting for new wallet impatiently. i hope you give good news about new wallet too  Grin

Actually I have!!! Grin   But this is a decision the whole community must be making together..

Let me write it up, give me a few mins.

------------------------------------------

EDIT:  I've just thought about this a little bit more, and I think I have a pretty good idea on how to proceed.  But obviously I need to consult with others and form a consensus first before I can say anything.

I need to get in touch with the people involved before I can present a solution to the community. Don't worry. I promise the "elephant in the room" will be addressed shortly.  Smiley

------------------------------------------

So I've been thinking about what we should do with Wallet Release - and here's my thought,

According to Ian of CIYAM team, currently, AT is about 95% completed on Qora and vbcs is currently sick and not feeling well...

So we're looking at maybe 2 to 3 more weeks before the next Wallet with AT integrated gets released...  And there's some uncertainty involved, since the ACCT use case hasn't been implemented yet, and I don't know whether the AT team wants to make it an integral part of Qora Wallet or not...

So I feel the Qora community must make a decision at this point --

Do we want to wait for vbcs to release the next Wallet with AT engine built-in?

Or Do we want to move ahead and continue with Wallet development and release incremental builds on a weekly basis?

I'm throwing this idea out to see what the community thinks...

If we want to continue and release incremental builds (Qora Version 18.1, 18.2, 18.3, 18.4... etc)

What we can do is to appoint an Interim Qora Developer responsible for compiling and posting new Qora Wallet...

We've got a couple JAVA devs here and I think we can certainly do that...

I'd like to hear what you guys think. Thank you.  Smiley

calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:34:18 PM

Hi Ian,

halibit got back to me, and he definitely seems interested. If I hear from him again, I'll send him your way.  Smiley  In case you don't know, halibit also runs the alcurex.org exchange, and he's always enthusiastic and very easy to work with. Hopefully you guys can work out a deal and work together.  Smiley

Best of luck with your endeavor!  Please do share any good news with us.  Smiley
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:37:18 PM

Seems like we're getting on Alcurex.org, YAY!!  Grin 

So here's my plan - I'll be working with halibit in the next couple days to integrate Qora onto their site...

After that, I'm thinking of contacting Poloniex's dev, Tristen, and see if I can help to get the wallet problem resolved.

Hopefully we will go back POLO before next wallet's release.. I'm juggling several things right now, so no guarantee in regard to Polo...

I've also taken the liberty to ask halibt (alcurex.org operator) to stop by and talk to our community members.. At which time you can direct all your concerns & questions to him..

Thanks and that's all the reports for now!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:08:58 PM

Thank you calvinstm!! Every exchange helps. Polo is important of course too, due to the fact that it is well trusted and has nice volume.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
calvinstm

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:51:31 PM

Thank you calvinstm!! Every exchange helps. Polo is important of course too, due to the fact that it is well trusted and has nice volume.

Thank you for the support too.  Smiley  I just heard about BTER's bitcoin deposit problem, and I thought it was important for us to get on a 2nd exchange ASAP so people can freely buy/trade.

I want to finish with ALCUREX listing before I move on to the next task - I will contact Polo and see if I can help with the problems resolved.

HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:07:30 AM

Thank you for the support too.  Smiley  I just heard about BTER's bitcoin deposit problem, and I thought it was important for us to get on a 2nd exchange ASAP so people can freely buy/trade.

I want to finish with ALCUREX listing before I move on to the next task - I will contact Polo and see if I can help with the problems resolved.

I agree that getting on more exchanges is very important.  And fixing POLO.

Getting on btc38 and/or Cryptsy would be huge.  I've never heard of alcurex.

I dont think bter has a btc deposit problem.  I think someone just tried to deposit BTC_B, which is bter's IOU showing us how much they owe us back from the hack.

(of course, bter seems to have a problem right now that their security certificate has expired.  lol.  Its always something isnt it).
calvinstm

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:19:04 AM

Getting on btc38 and/or Cryptsy would be huge.  I've never heard of alcurex.

I dont think bter has a btc deposit problem.  I think someone just tried to deposit BTC_B, which is bter's IOU showing us how much they owe us back from the hack.

Oh, ok! lol.. Thanks for clearing that up! that's pretty silly isn't it?  If you cannot withdraw BTC_B, how are you going to depoit it? lol

Anyways, ALCUREX's operator is also Microcoin's main dev.  He is from Finland, so I've been told, and since they've been around for a few years now, I feel they've proven themselves to be trustworthy.  Smiley

The dev is pretty dedicated and easy to work with - so I thought I would work on getting listed there first so our members can use the site in case they're worried about BTER.

Do you have any contact info for btc38's dev or operator?  I can try to talk to the dev directly and show them everything they need to integrate Qora onto their site.

Feel free to give me instruction on how to proceed. Thanks.  Smiley
ca333

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:21:31 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 10:51:22 AM by ca333

maybe also dev or bter.
it moved 28/feb..

Dear ca333,

Welcome aboard, Sir, and nice to see you here!

I was thinking of this yesterday and thought I'd share it with you.  Smiley  I hope it's not too much to ask.

I understand you're a cryptography & security expert (just the person we need, yay! Grin) I was wondering if it's possible for you to do a quick security audit & code review on the Qora source code?  Maybe you can share with us your opinion, and what you think which areas of code should be refactored to improve overall security?  Smiley

Some peer review for Qora will definitely be helpful in my opinion.  And I'd really like to hear what an expert thinks of Qora in terms of security.

No pressure! Just wanna throw the idea out in case you'd like something to do.

Thanks! and Welcome again to the team!

Hello calvinstm, thank you for welcoming me in the qora-community. I started already to read into the sourcecode of qora and check libraries. but its complex when you read in foreign code of somebody else coded it. I also have work in RL and so i sit always in the evening/night on this and on weekend more detailed. Now i have maybe 20% of it already checked. The idea is sure great and very good for the soul of cryptocurrencies to make something new and from scratch. So this is why i want to help this project with all i can.  Some improvings will happen in the next time, so we work now on it.. So also in view of platform-independency some things can be adapted/optimized. and so i think its better when i share my (very technical)opinion of security/qora-framework with you in PMs.

thank you for the good collaboration here!
ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
ca333

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:46:19 AM

Thank you for the support too.  Smiley  I just heard about BTER's bitcoin deposit problem, and I thought it was important for us to get on a 2nd exchange ASAP so people can freely buy/trade.

Getting on btc38 and/or Cryptsy would be huge.  I've never heard of alcurex.

(of course, bter seems to have a problem right now that their security certificate has expired.  lol.  Its always something isnt it).

bter has btc, qora and other deposit problems. Stucks in status "pending". we tested with many currencies. apart from SSL issue... (which normally never happen to serious project!). NEVER TRUST bter let funds in exchange!

alcurex sure better. used it in past before also and NEVER "hacked" steal money from user.
GOOD WORK calvin!!!!
AND REMEMBER: alcurex is registered in finland and is a company. https://www.ytj.fi/english/yritystiedot.aspx?yavain=2502807&kielikoodi=3&tarkiste=A1CE0E52CBC6A9BC358AC8C9A583D6BDAF7E2F18&path=1704;1736;2052

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:04:02 AM

alcurex is a solid exchange, so this is very good news indeed!! well done
calvinstm

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:13:42 AM

But also some things (in code) must be corrected very fast. So also in view of platform-independency some things must be adapted.
and so i think its better when i share my opinion of security with you in PM.

thank you for the good collaboration here!
ca333

Yes, I totally understand your concern, and I'm in full agreement with you on this. And ca333, you are a GOD-SEND!!  As a new 2nd-gen coin created from scratch, we definitely need an expert of your caliber to deal with security.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have you on our team!!!  Grin Grin Grin  You're exactly what we need, and good timing too!

PS: I am sending you PMs now, we definitely need all this worked out ASAP
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:17:11 AM

...so cryptocurrency will become their business and main source of income instead of just being a "Hobby" project...

Indeed but I think we need to do that carefully. It is a bit like "artists" being paid for "art". Sooner or later you end up with "plain rubbish" being created by untalented people and promoted by fools just so that everyone can "make a buck".

+1
Hard truth is 2014 became a cycle of scams because too much 'silly' money around. NXT dev community is a stand out from this time, and yet very few devs in NXT get paid. Now that Qora dev is 'retired' there is a great opportunity for new devs to take things forward - Qora is 100% free now, there's no leader, nobody has to ask permission from the 'big kahuna' now.

Qora is fully decentralised now, like NXT became post-BCNext. I can see a great future for qora now. Qora dev completed his work, now others can move forward in anyway they like, just like in NXT. If it works 'you beauty', if it doesn't 'no problem'. Decentralised funding is difficult, but it's the only way IMO.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: