Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is BFL simply Trolling Enterpoint (and other FPGA Devs) with their EARLY Announcement ?
Yes, they (BFL) are TROLLS - 78 (63.9%)
No, we will see BFL ASICs soon (before 2013)....honest - 44 (36.1%)
Total Voters: 120

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC Announcement - Truth or Troll ? - The LONG CON just got longer  (Read 5787 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:16:41 PM

I agree with you.  Diablo D3 has it out for BFL, that's why he stickied it.  It's unfair and very biased treatment.

None of BFL's competitors who come in the BFL threads and rag on them are ever even forced to make an apology, much less them receiving "punishments" for it.

BFL wasn't forced to make an apology. They chose to do it on their own after a number of users and a mod pounced on them for spreading (more) FUD in another legitimate company's thread. The only "punishment" here is people having the opportunity to see exactly what BFL chose to write about another company's product.
Ok, that's true.  I still maintain that they are being held to a different standard than anyone else manufacturing miners, which just seems silly to me.  Several competitors crap in BFL's thread with all sorts of FUD, but no one bats an eye.  Why the double standard?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:28:26 PM

I agree with you.  Diablo D3 has it out for BFL, that's why he stickied it.  It's unfair and very biased treatment.

None of BFL's competitors who come in the BFL threads and rag on them are ever even forced to make an apology, much less them receiving "punishments" for it.

BFL wasn't forced to make an apology. They chose to do it on their own after a number of users and a mod pounced on them for spreading (more) FUD in another legitimate company's thread. The only "punishment" here is people having the opportunity to see exactly what BFL chose to write about another company's product.
Ok, that's true.  I still maintain that they are being held to a different standard than anyone else manufacturing miners, which just seems silly to me.  Several competitors crap in BFL's thread with all sorts of FUD, but no one bats an eye.  Why the double standard?

I agree - the "higher standard" justification falls apart if the standard isn't being applied uniformly. Also, I want to apologize to the OP for starting what has turned out to be a hijacking of this thread. There is a thread for this in the meta forum, so maybe the discussion should continue there.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 05:32:56 PM

This poll is a little biased. They aren't trolling, but we won't get the ASICs in 2012. I'm guessing March 2013.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 07:24:01 PM

I can't wait to learn more about the BFL Trade-Up/Upgrade Program....

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 07:45:44 PM

Here's how I think the 'Last Nail in the Coffin' will play out...
The Jalapeno will be sold outright, new purchases ONLY.
The Bitforce Singles (current) will ONLY be accepted for 'Trade-Up' against the purchase of a $1300 SC Singles (they get another $700 out of you)....
The Mini Rigs will ONLY be accepted for 'Trade-Up' against the purchase of a $30,000 SC Mini-Rig (yes, they will get another $15,000 out of you).

..AND I believe this will ONLY be a 1:1 trade-up Ratio. So, no trading in 2x current Bitforce Mini-Rigs for a single ASIC Mini-Rig etc..... THEY WANT MORE OF YOUR MONEY and have put you in a LOSE/LOSE POSITION....

It would definitely be tough for current customers to trade up if they have sunk all of their cash into current technology. If bitlane's prediction is anywhere close to true, some will be stuck and the trade in program will not be helpful in those cases.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 08:00:01 PM

Here's how I think the 'Last Nail in the Coffin' will play out...
The Jalapeno will be sold outright, new purchases ONLY.
The Bitforce Singles (current) will ONLY be accepted for 'Trade-Up' against the purchase of a $1300 SC Singles (they get another $700 out of you)....
The Mini Rigs will ONLY be accepted for 'Trade-Up' against the purchase of a $30,000 SC Mini-Rig (yes, they will get another $15,000 out of you).

..AND I believe this will ONLY be a 1:1 trade-up Ratio. So, no trading in 2x current Bitforce Mini-Rigs for a single ASIC Mini-Rig etc..... THEY WANT MORE OF YOUR MONEY and have put you in a LOSE/LOSE POSITION....

It would definitely be tough for current customers to trade up if they have sunk all of their cash into current technology. If bitlane's prediction is anywhere close to true, some will be stuck and the trade in program will not be helpful in those cases.

Giga, I stand by what I posted here to you....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg972804#msg972804

That was NOT a Troll. It was genuine.

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 08:48:00 PM

I'll gladly pay $149 for any used BFL single that comes out of the trade-up program.  Just sayin.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 08:50:36 PM

This thread is DONE. It's now time to focus on the TRADE IN program.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88561.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: