Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436017 times)
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:53:08 AM

How many coins are in existence right now?

Blockexplorer doesn´t work.

I'm working on getting another block explorer at the moment, the current one might have problem with SSL certificates, for now please try to access block explorer from your phone or tablet (I just tested on iphone and it is working fine).

As of this posting time total coins in existence is 1,994,400.01 VTR at block height 10331

Sorry for all the trouble and thank you for your support,

Regards
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:40:43 AM

How many coins are in existence right now?

Blockexplorer doesn´t work.

I'm working on getting another block explorer at the moment, the current one might have problem with SSL certificates, for now please try to access block explorer from your phone or tablet (I just tested on iphone and it is working fine).

As of this posting time total coins in existence is 1,994,400.01 VTR at block height 10331

Sorry for all the trouble and thank you for your support,

Regards
Thx for fast reply.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:42:47 AM

I just stumbled upon this coin and I gotta say I like where this is going folks:)

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:21:07 AM

With 2 million coins out there and Dev owning 600,000, Dev still owns 1/3 of the total supply. Reason enough to keep an eye on the premine.
I traced most of this premine to 6 addresses. Also a considerable amount of POS has been going there, so the 600,000 also has given him POS.
Why is the premine not in 1 address? That would be more transparent, people need to be able to keep an eye on it. Or better: burn at least 400,000, preferrably all of it.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:05:31 AM

With 2 million coins out there and Dev owning 600,000, Dev still owns 1/3 of the total supply. Reason enough to keep an eye on the premine.
I traced most of this premine to 6 addresses. Also a considerable amount of POS has been going there, so the 600,000 also has given him POS.
Why is the premine not in 1 address? That would be more transparent, people need to be able to keep an eye on it. Or better: burn at least 400,000, preferrably all of it.
Well I was unaware of this! what does the Dev have to say about it and what does he plan on doing about it? Just curious cause I'm new here Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:32:41 AM

It is always better without premine. But premine (reasonable 1-3%) is much better than ICO/IPO/Presale/Crowdsale or whatever sale.

That would be more transparent to put the premine in one address. And put the address in the OP.
If the premine is necessary to reach the goal. Make it at least transparent.
Good luck (Great concept)
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:21:28 AM

It is always better without premine. But premine (reasonable 1-3%) is much better than ICO/IPO/Presale/Crowdsale or whatever sale.

That would be more transparent to put the premine in one address. And put the address in the OP.
If the premine is necessary to reach the goal. Make it at least transparent.
Good luck (Great concept)

+1

Premine is an incentive for the dev to keep on doing his job. The more he does the more worth his coins are. Agree that it should be put on 1 adress and put in the OP.

ICO has 0 incentive to keep developing since this is an unregulated market.

POD or something would be a small, but positive step towards gaining trust.

july77

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:39:19 PM

If you google for the user "vTorrent" you will find another name which is used from the same user on bitcointalk and he is rated as a "scammer"

This coin is definatly a SCAM COIN!!!

Care to share some details?? I've tried to google and I cannot find thing with "vTorrent" related to "scammer"  Huh

Hi,

Do you plan to implement Distributed Hashtables ? Or by "metadata in the blockchain", you mean uploading the magnets ? If so, how to prevent the visibility of the IP of the seeders ?
This guy takes arround 24 hours/Megabyte uploading files to blockchain: http://namecoinfiles.org/

What are your thoughts on this ?

Cheers

Hi vtorrent team, could you answer to this please ? Id didnt asked for a WhitePaper, just want to know some of your thoughts on what you purpose, since its quite challenging.

Cheers

vTorrent dev informed me that he has already answered you though PM, please confirm this.

such a poorly thought/executed cash grab

Again, care to share more details on this?? Should ALL coins with no PoD = scam?

I'll be waiting for those answer since I am believe in this project and the developer, doubter such as @hankrules feel free to exit with my walls at ~500-600 satoshi, I will remove those wall once I reach my target.

Regards

Yes pnoch, i confirm that the dev sent me a private messaging with all clarificarions
Cheers
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:15:48 PM

I am still waiting for a working linux client. I didn´t get the source compiled myself.
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:37:08 PM

You are right about me divided all of my premines to multiple different addresses, the reason for this is purely for better security of the premines and it is also true that I am staking with those address.

Are you proposing that I shouldn't be staking with those coins?

Since I don't have any kind of miner myself, the only way for me to get more of VTR is through staking and buying which is exactly what I am doing. I hope to accumulated as much as possible when the price is still cheap.

I am trying to make this project as fair as possible, I am not asking for donation nor any kind of presale to get the project started.

I openly declared from the beginning that there is 3% premine and it is being used for the development cost.

Since you seems to have problem with my premines, I will be more than happy to burn all of it if you or anyone willing to funds or pay me to develop the project further.

Regards
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:14:23 PM

I am still waiting for a working linux client. I didn´t get the source compiled myself.

I have updated first post with Ubuntu 32bit daemon, QT version for Ubuntu is being build.

Sorry for the delays and thank you for your support.
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:04:19 PM

You are right about me divided all of my premines to multiple different addresses, the reason for this is purely for better security of the premines and it is also true that I am staking with those address.

Since I don't have any kind of miner myself, the only way for me to get more of VTR is through staking and buying which is exactly what I am doing. I hope to accumulated as much as possible when the price is still cheap.

I am trying to make this project as fair as possible, I am not asking for donation nor any kind of presale to get the project started.

I openly declared from the beginning that there is 3% premine and it is being used for the development cost.

Since you seems to have problem with my premines, I will be more than happy to burn all of it if you or anyone willing to funds or pay me to develop the project further.

Regards

The problem with large premines and anonymous Devs is that it is relatively easy to dump all on the market once the price is established and then run off. It has happened before and makes people very cautious about investing their money, with good reason. I am not suggesting that you are like that, only that you have the odds against you. Trust is build once you show your capabilities. You also did not want to write a whitepaper and nothing new is in this coin, only a promise for new features. POW is relatively short (guess around 6 weeks are left), and a lot of coins this summer have seen a short POW and a Dev that ran after a dump. You should have thought about all this before you launched this coin. I think it is at least suspicious when people come with great ideas but are not able to show the exact content of their ideas from the start. If you think you are able to make this, you also should be able to produce some more technical information, you are the one that wants people to believe in this coin, then make them believe with proof of development.

edit: and yes, I do have a problem with premines in general, because I think a developer should earn his money after he has shown he is able to produce good code, not before.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

Regards

Premine is good.
3% isn´t the end of the world. Thanks god it´s not IPO coin.
If the goal is reached, you deserve even more.

Ok, multiple different addresses for better security. Pls make a links to these adresses in the OP. It will keep confidence in investors.
POS is 5% . So, who cares.  Cheesy I can´t see any problem with that. LOL

Good luck with your project. (I will also buy some)

yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:36:53 PM

./vTorrentd-ubuntu getaccountaddress
error: couldn't connect to server

Still not working properly, but never mind I will just wait.

I think 3% premine coins for the developer is fair enough.

Anyway this project is too big for just 1 guy being behind it and it seems like your are doing this on your own.
You need way more developers and help, this is important for the success of this project. If you plan to continue on your own I don´t think this will be a success.
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:53:33 AM

Anyway this project is too big for just 1 guy being behind it and it seems like your are doing this on your own.
You need way more developers and help, this is important for the success of this project. If you plan to continue on your own I don´t think this will be a success.

First post updated with Ubuntu (QT) client, please leave feedback in this thread or PM me.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:58:16 AM

First post updated with Ubuntu (QT) client, please leave feedback in this thread or PM me.

Thanks for the update Dev Smiley Keeps us holders happy Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:10:33 AM

Why wouldn't you just clone TorrentCoin? Afaik they had a working "Torrent on the blockchain model"?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:45:01 AM

Why wouldn't you just clone TorrentCoin? Afaik they had a working "Torrent on the blockchain model"?
I think this coin has great potential and with only 20 million coins this coin will take off once people see the potential behind it Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:05:23 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 05:32:43 AM by vtorrent

Just some updates,

C-CEX vTorrent deposit/withdraw is working fine now.

Currently, I'm still working with some users in getting vTorrent client running on their linux operating system and still finding solution for those who can't unlock their client for some unknown reason.

If any user have any problem or question please reply here or PM me.

Thank you all for your support,
Regards
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:10:04 AM

Just some updates,

C-CEX vTorrent deposit/withdraw is working fine now.

Currently, I'm still working with some users in getting vTorrent client running in their linux operating system and still finding solution for those who can't unlock their client for some unknown reason.

If any user have any problem or question please reply here or PM me.

Thank you all for your support,
Regards
My stuff is working fine and dandy Dev but thanks for keeping the community updated and keeping it real with all of us I really appreciate that Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: