Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VNL] Vanillacoin Beta Pre-Release  (Read 48165 times)
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:14:24 PM

can not download the wallet. The resource requested could not be found on this server!
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:38:17 PM

I left the wallet running for about 5 hours overnight.  got some coins.  Smiley
I'm just waiting to see what the max supply is gonna be and which exchange we are gonna work on getting this coin on Smiley It's got some serious potential to be a good coin Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

romawi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:57:03 PM

I'm just waiting to see what the max supply is gonna be and which exchange we are gonna work on getting this coin on Smiley It's got some serious potential to be a good coin Smiley

Here is the Whitepaper from the Homepage: http://vanillacoin.net/papers/vanillacoin.pdf

Specs:

30.7 million coins.
200 second block time.
128 coins per block halving each year.
Difficulty is retargeted every block.
Whirpool Proof-of-Work algorithm.
0.6% interest rate by use of energy efficient Proof-of-Stake.
0.0005 coin per kilobyte transaction fee

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:06:22 PM

Here is the Whitepaper from the Homepage: http://vanillacoin.net/papers/vanillacoin.pdf

Specs:

30.7 million coins.
200 second block time.
128 coins per block halving each year.
Difficulty is retargeted every block.
Whirpool Proof-of-Work algorithm.
0.6% interest rate by use of energy efficient Proof-of-Stake.
0.0005 coin per kilobyte transaction fee
Thanks my friend Smiley That helps me out quite a bit Smiley I sure hope that some good exchanges pick up on it early for sure Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:23:05 PM

The Windows client worked for me over night but I am testing the Mac client right now and what I see is after I open it the window pops up for a few seconds, I see the rainbow pinwheel, and then it closes without reporting any error.

Has anyone else tried the Mac client?

OS is on 10.9.3
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

Everything on my end is working perfectly fine and I would like it if he kept it this way Smiley I just can't wait to get launched onto an exchange Smiley And I will gladly volunteer my time to this cause if the Dev is completely serious about making this coin into something I'll back it 100% and I'll tell everyone and their grandmothers about this coin!!! So whatcha think?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:44:14 PM

Everything on my end is working perfectly fine and I would like it if he kept it this way Smiley I just can't wait to get launched onto an exchange Smiley And I will gladly volunteer my time to this cause if the Dev is completely serious about making this coin into something I'll back it 100% and I'll tell everyone and their grandmothers about this coin!!! So whatcha think?

At the moment I am more interested in getting the mac client to work than selling coins.
waldistons

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:18:42 PM

Mined 3 blocks already in about 3 hours on a i5 laptop. Vanillacoin uses 25% of CPU. No other problems so far.
Send 10 coins to each of 6 addresses I found on this thread as test Smiley

EDIT: Will put second dual core laptop to work as well for test.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:22:08 PM

At the moment I am more interested in getting the mac client to work than selling coins.
Well I'll put the word out to the exchanges and to any programmers that can compile a mac client wallet for this coin Smiley I really wanna see this coin succeed my friend and I'm gonna do all that I can to make sure that happens Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:22:43 PM

Mined 3 blocks already in about 3 hours on a i5 laptop. Vanillacoin uses 25% of CPU. No other problems so far.
Send 10 coins to each of 6 addresses I found on this thread as test Smiley

EDIT: Will put second dual core laptop to work as well for test.
Thanks appreciate the coins my friend Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

Well I'll put the word out to the exchanges and to any programmers that can compile a mac client wallet for this coin Smiley I really wanna see this coin succeed my friend and I'm gonna do all that I can to make sure that happens Smiley

The mac client already exists and is linked in the OP.  The problem, as I tried to explain previously, is that after I open it the window pops up for a few seconds, I see the rainbow pinwheel, and then it closes without reporting any error. 

Dev can you please comment on the mac wallet?  I assume it worked on the macs you tested it on?  Can you please help me get it working on this one?  OS 10.9.3
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:30:42 PM

remember these are just testnet coins

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:32:06 PM

What does that mean? We don't get to keep them??? Like any of them? That's not cool if that's whats going to happen???

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

What does that mean? We don't get to keep them??? Like any of them? That's not cool if that's whats going to happen???

yes that is what it means.  We are currently participating in the pre-launch, this is all quite clear from reading the thread.

Is anyone else running the Mac client?  Why isn't anyone talking about the actual testing of this stuff?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:40:46 PM

yes that is what it means.  We are currently participating in the pre-launch, this is all quite clear from reading the thread.

Is anyone else running the Mac client?  Why isn't anyone talking about the actual testing of this stuff?
I have been testing it and it's working perfectly fine on my computer which is why I don't understand why I'm gonna lose all the coins that I've spent the time mining??? makes no sense to me?? but hey what do I know?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

romawi

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:05:52 PM

I have been testing it and it's working perfectly fine on my computer which is why I don't understand why I'm gonna lose all the coins that I've spent the time mining??? makes no sense to me?? but hey what do I know?

The first launch was monday, with several resets of the blockchain and new wallets. The dev has worked 2 days and now we are testing before a relaunch.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:09:30 PM

The first launch was monday, with several resets of the blockchain and new wallets. The dev has worked 2 days and now we are testing before a relaunch.
Well I'm quite convinced that this is working quite properly and doesn't need a relaunch in my opinion but that's just my two cents thats all.  But I get what you people are saying and it's really shitty and gay that I won't be able to keep any of the coins that I have mined Sad Or maybe we can with the relaunch Smiley There's an idea and a half

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Mashugina71

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:32:13 PM

AMD FX 6300 CPU 575 +/- some. Minimal CPU usage. Finding blocks no issues so far

MOJOcoin 15% pure PoS | Rokos OS | IoT | TOR
Website | Roadmap | Blockexplorer | Facebook | Twitter | Slack
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:34:16 PM

AMD FX 6300 CPU 575 +/- some. Minimal CPU usage. Finding blocks no issues so far
Yes I have no issues whatsoever either finding blocks or generating a fair hashrate so why would we need another launch? This is as fair as it gets as far as I'm concerned in Crypto right now Smiley Very evenly divided amongst the miners and no one has a real advantage over another CPU so I think the Dev should just keep it the way it is and maybe tweak a thing here and tweak a thing there as he goes along Smiley 

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:43:16 PM

I joined the testing earlier today. So far so good. I have 2 old laptops and my oc'ed i7. All 3 machines have found the same amount of blocks. Also tested sending coins between the computers. Everything seems to be working. Good job John!

Eagerly awaiting the launch in 11 or so hours.

I think I'll go look in the basement for any more old and working computers. I know there are some down there but they have cobwebs and shit. Maybe even bugs living in them. I wonder if they will fire up. Maybe literally. lol.. Better get the fire extinguisher ready.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: