Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:50:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BitBayDoc

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 09:07:41 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2021, 09:42:40 AM by BitBayDoc

(Issue: BitBay.market has kinda a terrible .url that is not helping and actually hurting our progress.)

I could not have said it better myself RaisinBran... So I'll repeat what you said.
"OBVIOUS PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION IS CRUCIAL, OTHERWISE WE'LL BE STUMBLING ALL OVER OURSELVES FOREVER."

It's really Marketing 101-A.

For being so smart Huh I don't understand why David cannot understand such a simple fact... Amazing. (See examples above)
I've been saying this for YEARS... Denial Great Is (Yoda).

As a Physician with a strong background in psychiatry - I would conclude that because he's just been dug in for so long - he can't admit the name has been an albatross around our neck/throat/head and a HUGE hindrance to our success. Yes - the stumbling will continue forever I'm afraid. Too bad.
"BAY" should easily be a top 10 coin.

We will never get a serious backer with our pedigree so compromised and confusing.
Please excuse me for the next few months; maybe forever, while I shout, scream and shake my fists to the heavens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 04:09:52 PM

Obvious product differentiation is crucial, otherwise we'll be stumbling all over ourselves forever.
I could not have said it better myself... So I'll repeat what you said.
OBVIOUS PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION IS CRUCIAL, OTHERWISE WE'LL BE STUMBLING ALL OVER OURSELVES FOREVER.

It's really Marketing 101-A.

For being so smart (?) I don't understand why David cannot understand such a simple fact... Amazing.
I've been saying this for YEARS... Denial Great Is.

As a Physician with a strong background in psychiatry - I would conclude that because he's just been dug in for so long - he can't admit the name has been an albatross around our neck/throat/head and a HUGE hindrance to our success. Yes - the stumbling will continue forever I'm afraid. Too bad.
"BAY" should easily be a top 10 coin.

We will never get a serious backer with our pedigree so compromised and confusing.
Please excuse me for the next few months; maybe forever, while I shout and scream to the heavens.

You cannot blame David Doc, because he is a coder not a business man, he needs a solid marketing crew to help him out, if you remember before Latoken fucked us good by going down twice for over 2 months and now deposits do not work, when the Nighttrader comes out, run and maintained by Bitbay staff, then we will no longer have the problems we have had this year. I believe Bitbay will prosper with the right exchange that does not go down every month.

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 04:16:41 PM

Ztoshi is a great name! I actually like Ztoshi better myself...
Too bad it's taken and for sale for only $4,500.00
 Cheesy

On the other hand, and this might add credence to what I have been saying for years:
GoDaddy.com Domain Name Value and Appraisal: bitbay.market (current url for BAY) - Estimated Value: $163.00 Shocked
GoDaddy.com Domain Name Value and Appraisal: zimtoshi.com (Doc's proposed name change) - Estimated Value: $1,101.00 Shocked
(Actually I don't care what the name change is, it just needs to be different and a .com)

Let's continue:
GoDaddy.com Domain Name Value and Appraisal: bitbay.net (Polish exchange) - Estimated Value: $2,289.00 Shocked
GoDaddy.com Domain Name Value and Appraisal: bitbay.com (?Owner in China) - Estimated Value: $13,829.00 Shocked

So - Despite David saying the name doesn't matter, apparently it does. By a lot.
The $ difference between bitbay.market and bitbay.com is 84.85x. Shocked

...But I digress. The working website name/url for a crypto currency since 2014 is only worth One Hundred and Sixty Three Dollars?!!!
And a website name that has never been built is worth 6.5x, and the .com 85x as much. C'mon Man!

There is nothing left to say. Look it up for yourself. https://in.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal

Not to knock you out Doc but IMO would have to agree with David that the name like a wrapping of a gift makes no difference, the content is what counts. Before the exchange went down think it was July we were getting over 100k liquidity, then Latoken screwed us and we lost our investors. The ONLY thing that matters is the EXCHANGE, that will save Bitbay.

BitBayDoc

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:25:07 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2021, 10:41:47 PM by BitBayDoc

Lucky,

I respect everything you pointed out.

True, David is not a business man. He is a creative genius.
I am a businessman however; and see things through a business lens.
I have also been buying domain names for 22 years now Shocked

I Love David and have stuck by BAY through thick and thin for over 4 years now.
Yes, our marketing plan is sorely lacking. Yes, we need support - for sure.

Yes, LA Token had problems in the beginning. It may have seen like they F'd us a couple times - but in their defense, this whole Peg thing was new and they didn't want us playing around with their code - which would have made everything easier for all of us. That said - I'm eternally grateful to LA Token for even giving us the time of day when everyone else told us to pound sand. YES - when we "control" our own exchange, we will control our own destiny and prosper. I am looking forward to that day. A special shout-out to all the Dev's working so hard on that. Smiley

Next: If a domain name didn't matter, they would all be priced the same.
Again... If a domain name didn't matter, they would all be priced the same. They aren't. That's a fact.

There are many, many reasons why having the correct ending on your url matters.
If nothing else, Search Engine's list them on many levels according to their ending. I am a SEO Expert.
That's why bitbay.market is "worth" $163.00 and bitbay.com is worth over $13k.
That's a cold, hard fact. Not speculation or wishful thinking.

You compare it to the wrapping of a gift. I disagree.
I think of it like this... domain names are like Real Estate - which they are.
A complete name is like an address - You can still live in a building on 5th Ave; have the exact same address, but if you live in the basement, you will pay A LOT less than someone who lives in the Penthouse. The penthouse is a better view, has more prestige, etc.
BitBay with an ending like .market is living in the basement; and to add insult to injury - is sharing space with others.
But, nonetheless they are at least in the building.
BitBay.com is living in the Penthouse with a great view and has a party every day. It's undeniable - look at the perceived value.
You and David may think it's not important; just like the person living in the basement is just happy to be there... I prefer living in the Penthouse.

I am in total agreement with you that the exchange will save the day - and in the end, we may have a VERY bright future, time will tell.
Peace.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:49:11 PM

If nothing else, Search Engine's list them on many levels according to their ending.
That's why bitbay.market is "worth" $163.00 and bitbay.com is worth over $13k. Those are the facts.

I think of it like this... like Real Estate - which it is.
A name is like an address - You can still live in a building on 5th Ave; have the exact same address, but if you live in the basement, you will pay A LOT less than someone who lives in the Penthouse. The penthouse is a better view, has more prestige, etc.
BitBay with an ending like .market is living in the basement; and to add insult to injury is, sharing space with others. But, nonetheless they are at least in the building.
BitBay.com is living in the Penthouse with a great view and has a party every day. It's undeniable - look at the perceived value.
You and David may think it's not important; just like the person living in the basement is just happy to be there... I prefer living in the Penthouse.

I am in total agreement with you that the exchange will save the day - and in the end, we may have a VERY bright future, time will tell.

I agree with you the Penthouse is the best and I always try and get the best view, no doubt. That being said I agree that a .com is the first address that most users think of when thinking of finding any business online and the confusion with the Bitbay.net exchange is annoying, but atm with Bitbay, I believe what is the most important and number 1 priority is the exchange. As a business man you know that there is no business without liquidity, what will create this flow of traffic is a stable and dependable market where people from all over the world can come and trade Bitbay securely.

BitBayDoc

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:57:23 PM

If nothing else, Search Engine's list them on many levels according to their ending.
That's why bitbay.market is "worth" $163.00 and bitbay.com is worth over $13k. Those are the facts.

I think of it like this... like Real Estate - which it is.
A name is like an address - You can still live in a building on 5th Ave; have the exact same address, but if you live in the basement, you will pay A LOT less than someone who lives in the Penthouse. The penthouse is a better view, has more prestige, etc.
BitBay with an ending like .market is living in the basement; and to add insult to injury is, sharing space with others. But, nonetheless they are at least in the building.

I agree with you the Penthouse is the best and I always try and get the best view, no doubt. That being said I agree that a .com is the first address that most users think of when thinking of finding any business online and the confusion with the Bitbay.net exchange is annoying, but atm with Bitbay, I believe what is the most important and number 1 priority is the exchange. As a business man you know that there is no business without liquidity, what will create this flow of traffic is a stable and dependable market where people from all over the world can come and trade Bitbay securely.
Agreed. I made some changes to my above content. Please refresh your page and re-read. Thank You. God Bless.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 06:31:04 PM

Name change has no effect on price. Bitcoincash doesn't care if they have literally the same name as Bitcoin. That should be evidence enough that nobody cares. Also the exchange isn't really in the same category and eventually that exchange will stop operations and we will remain. Speaking of kids names, would you change your kids name away from John because another kid is named John?

But really the point is if we did a name change it would reverberate into an echo chamber as we have no marketing dollars to push anything significant. Therefore we need cash flow first from another business or angels to help support us. I have no qualms with a name change if there is hundreds of thousands to throw into marketing and new exchanges listings. We don't need that much and it's ridiculous considering BTC is almost half trillion dollars and yet the more technically advanced projects are not only overlooked but censored.

So we should stay on course with the current plan. It may be a grind but eventually it can give way.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 06:49:50 PM

so when are you guys swapping/converting over to an erc20 shitcoin uniswap defi blah blhab blahblahbalab bhalla.

lol.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 03:00:38 AM

so when are you guys swapping/converting over to an erc20 shitcoin uniswap defi blah blhab blahblahbalab bhalla.

lol.

Nah too many projects are doing that. Any defi version of the peg would be a totally separate coin. A bridge is possible to ETH however too many shards in BAY will never have clean conversion(for eth to do bay there is high data cost to update balances and you would have to do micro-shards and liquidity mixing). However there are some advantages it's not such the best to rely on other blockchain. ETH only would work if a coin had it's own zk-rollup anyways. Why raise the cost of doing business otherwise. Good idea but not in the cards yet. Plus there is a need for Bitcoin based DEX. Wrapped Bitcoin is not reliable or safe necessarily, and then there is not so many wrapped versions on any non-eth coin. Also ETH exchanges limited to automated market maker liquidity pools which is okay but not so useful for people who want to see an orderbook. One step at a time.

BitBayDoc

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 07:35:19 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2021, 08:55:57 AM by BitBayDoc

Name change has no effect on price. Bitcoincash doesn't care if they have literally the same name as Bitcoin. That should be evidence enough that nobody cares. Also the exchange isn't really in the same category and eventually that exchange will stop operations and we will remain. Speaking of kids names, would you change your kids name away from John because another kid is named John?

But really the point is if we did a name change it would reverberate into an echo chamber as we have no marketing dollars to push anything significant. Therefore we need cash flow first from another business or angels to help support us. I have no qualms with a name change if there is hundreds of thousands to throw into marketing and new exchanges listings. We don't need that much and it's ridiculous considering BTC is almost half trillion dollars and yet the more technically advanced projects are not only overlooked but censored.

So we should stay on course with the current plan. It may be a grind but eventually it can give way.
I'm going to agree at this point a name change might just be in an "echo chamber"; however, it could give us additional exposure with the buzz it could create. It might even get you (David) in the limelight again, with some interviews and more exposure...

I still think BAY has huge potential. And as long as Tiny Piston Honda is still out there trolling, we are in good shape!
Funny how he only shows up when we are doing well and over the target!

In looking back - it would have been better to have done a name change many years ago, even before 2017.
Now we are kinda committed. Which may or may not prove to be beneficial. Time will tell.

Oh Well - THE PEG IS WORKING BEAUTIFULLY!  Grin
24H RANGE:    $ 0.395908 — $ 0.411778  Steady as she goes!
BitBayDoc

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 03:15:58 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2021, 07:17:28 PM by BitBayDoc

If you want to see something cool - check out this chart!
Date Range: ALL

https://coincodex.com/crypto/bitbay/?period=ALL

Every plateau in BTC price since toward the end of 2019 is where the Peg does its magic!

If the Short squeeze  "Reddit-raiders" or "Robin Hooders" found out the potential value of BAY we would get a fresh new start.

We are de-central-ized. Democratically controlled. Anonymous. FREE. Everything they seem to value in an investment + more is here.
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 09:30:30 AM

does anyone know what da folk is going on with latoken? I sent BAYR coins from wallet, waited as it takes for a month, they deposited only 1/3 of them, other coins they pointed as - checking, and haven't sent to my wallet for about a month more? and are not answering anything - they support is just sending me standard phrases like - thank you for your patience bla bla bla

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 10:55:15 PM

does anyone know what da folk is going on with latoken? I sent BAYR coins from wallet, waited as it takes for a month, they deposited only 1/3 of them, other coins they pointed as - checking, and haven't sent to my wallet for about a month more? and are not answering anything - they support is just sending me standard phrases like - thank you for your patience bla bla bla

Yes I know we are all in same boat, there is a bug in Latoken that is almost fixed, there is nothing we can do but wait, it will be back to normal within 1 or 2 weeks is my estimate.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 04:37:31 AM

Yes I know we are all in same boat, there is a bug in Latoken that is almost fixed, there is nothing we can do but wait, it will be back to normal within 1 or 2 weeks is my estimate.

Yeah it's disconcerting, they seem to have some sort of bug come out of nowhere. I have seen it effect other balances in addition to BAY. We are looking for more exchanges and I would caution users to keep too much there until they have fixed it.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 09:55:55 PM

Despite the issues we see with LA, isn't it amaaaazing that the Peg does its thing to protect the price?
Even with low numbers it works. It truly brings stability under the harshest conditions.

That said - everybody go buy an ounce or two of physical Ag (Silver).
Once that manipulation ends (End of June?) - Crypto's will follow.
It's going to be a spectacular ride these next couple weeks and months in the Precious Metals market.

BAY could/should be a leader in the new markets to come.
There should be a Precious Metals Desk within BAY.
Once NightTrader is done - freedom for BAY?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 06:45:39 AM

Despite the issues we see with LA, isn't it amaaaazing that the Peg does its thing to protect the price?
Even with low numbers it works. It truly brings stability under the harshest conditions.

That said - everybody go buy an ounce or two of physical Ag (Silver).
Once that manipulation ends (End of June?) - Crypto's will follow.
It's going to be a spectacular ride these next couple weeks and months in the Precious Metals market.

BAY could/should be a leader in the new markets to come.
There should be a Precious Metals Desk within BAY.
Once NightTrader is done - freedom for BAY?

BAY is able to track any index or price users want without backing. That's a huge deal. The only thing of course is the exposure. I think the NT exchange will be good for BAY. It will be a more trusted environment and then perhaps if that goes well we will look to other DEX
lifeiscrypto

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 12:21:13 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to sell BAY right now? I tried in LATOKEN but is not listed anymore. Also I don't see any price for BAY listed in coinmarketcap, I do see it here https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/bitbay but not sure how faithful that is, what would be the approx current price?.

Thank you in advance
dactylion

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 08:17:12 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2021, 08:35:47 PM by dactylion

Hi,

Is there a way to sell BAY right now? I tried in LATOKEN but is not listed anymore. Also I don't see any price for BAY listed in coinmarketcap, I do see it here https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/bitbay but not sure how faithful that is, what would be the approx current price?.

Thank you in advance

Hi @lifeiscrypto, I'll chime in as it looks I'm in the same boat and equally frustrated..

I got to know BitBay in 2017 and was very enthusiastic about the technology and novel mechanics, however now that I have woken up from a bearish lethargy and checked back, it seems dead since ~June 2020 -- at least by the standard metrics of being listed/traded on exchanges, activity on Reddit (no new posts, questions unanswered) and the Community Forum (they probably stopped new registrations, as the activation emails just aren't sent out). Craig Claussen's (@BitbayW) occassionally comments on something on Twitter but cannot be messaged.

This forum seems kind of alive, although you never know, these may well be illusion-preserving "hired guns" -- I'm intentionally being mean to provoke a reaction, a comment, something to reignite my belief in this project.

I would really like to see BitBay succeed. There is some of aura of failure surrounding various takes on "private marketplaces", be it OpenBazaar/Haven (barely surviving) or Particl (struggling as well).

That being said, I would really appreciate some help with restoring my BitBay wallet. The Windows Qt wallet got stuck syncing at 85%, I was eventually able to fully sync the Linux Wallet, however I don't see an option to import my two private keys I exported from the previous wallet years ago. May this be the right place to get some actual assistance?

And to answer your question: the BitBay wallet says the current price is ~$0.45.

Thank you!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 08:41:49 PM

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Hi @lifeiscrypto, I'll chime in as it looks I'm in the same boat and equally frustrated..

I got to know BitBay in 2017 and was very enthusiastic about the technology and novel mechanics, however now that I have woken up from a bearish lethargy and checked back, it seems dead since ~June 2020 -- at least by the standard metrics of being listed/traded on exchanges, activity on Reddit (no new posts, questions unanswered) and the Community Forum (they probably stopped new registrations, as the activation emails just aren't sent out). Craig Claussen's (@BitbayW) occassionally comments on something on Twitter but cannot be messaged.

This forum seems kind of alive, although you never know, these may well be illusion-preserving "hired guns" -- I'm intentionally being mean to provoke a reaction, a comment, something to reignite my belief in this project.

I would really like to see BitBay succeed. There is some of aura of failure surrounding various takes on "private marketplaces", be it OpenBazaar/Haven (barely surviving) or Particl (struggling as well).

That being said, I would really appreciate some help with restoring my BitBay wallet. The Windows Qt wallet got stuck syncing at 85%, I was eventually able to fully sync the Linux Wallet, however I don't see an option to import my two private keys I exported from the previous wallet years ago. May this be the right place to get some actual assistance?

And to answer your question: the BitBay wallet says the current price is ~$0.45.

Thank you!

You should sync with bootstrap and it should work.

The community forum should allow new registrations, I wasn't aware it doesn't send emails. Myself, Craig, Alec, Yshurik and Alec are still quite active.

The fact that it doesn't trade on other exchanges besides Latoken is not our fault. It's because central exchanges are thieves and we got our listing fee stolen from by 3 of them and only Latoken eventually came through. And none of them would accept double deposit escrow, a few of them it turned into a fight just to even ask for escrow (kind of showing they are scams but we took a gamble on 4 of them). Latoken however was very buggy and that has dramatically effected our trading volumes. Furthermore, Cryptopia stole from everyone and vanished and Bittrex who is partner with Upbit delisted and totally censored us probably because they have a bank in their pocket or just that they are sellouts/censors/jerks. After they made millions off of us they turn their back on the tech that enriches them. So yeah we also dealt with censorship from mainstream exchanges and news and that has made me not motivated to talk to those types of companies as I see them as evil in a sense.

With that said, I'm sure theres some good exchanges but its a very expensive gamble and time burn and adding BAY is custom code because of the peg so many exchanges are too lazy or start to act really entitled when they have to do "work". The peg works incredibly well, we are able to tracking BTC peaks moving BAY price from 20 cents to 45 cents and keeping it perfectly stable. The trade off is a lot of the supply has to go to reserve but the theory is when volume picks up it won't matter.

So we need volume and thus we need to be listed on various DEX or exchanges that are almost fully decentralized.

That means we are just going through this stage where we either trade on Latoken when it works or OTC. But it won't stop the project from ultimately getting listed on the appropriate DEX and solving our bottleneck so in the meantime we just have to be patient.
dactylion

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 03:32:19 PM

You should sync with bootstrap and it should work.

The community forum should allow new registrations, I wasn't aware it doesn't send emails. Myself, Craig, Alec, Yshurik and Alec are still quite active.

The fact that it doesn't trade on other exchanges besides Latoken is not our fault. It's because central exchanges are thieves and we got our listing fee stolen from by 3 of them and only Latoken eventually came through. And none of them would accept double deposit escrow, a few of them it turned into a fight just to even ask for escrow (kind of showing they are scams but we took a gamble on 4 of them). Latoken however was very buggy and that has dramatically effected our trading volumes. Furthermore, Cryptopia stole from everyone and vanished and Bittrex who is partner with Upbit delisted and totally censored us probably because they have a bank in their pocket or just that they are sellouts/censors/jerks. After they made millions off of us they turn their back on the tech that enriches them. So yeah we also dealt with censorship from mainstream exchanges and news and that has made me not motivated to talk to those types of companies as I see them as evil in a sense.

With that said, I'm sure theres some good exchanges but its a very expensive gamble and time burn and adding BAY is custom code because of the peg so many exchanges are too lazy or start to act really entitled when they have to do "work". The peg works incredibly well, we are able to tracking BTC peaks moving BAY price from 20 cents to 45 cents and keeping it perfectly stable. The trade off is a lot of the supply has to go to reserve but the theory is when volume picks up it won't matter.

So we need volume and thus we need to be listed on various DEX or exchanges that are almost fully decentralized.

That means we are just going through this stage where we either trade on Latoken when it works or OTC. But it won't stop the project from ultimately getting listed on the appropriate DEX and solving our bottleneck so in the meantime we just have to be patient.
Hi dzimbeck and thank you for the comprehensive answer.

I am not intending to sell my BAY, I was merely expressing pity and will definitely resume my following of BitBay and wish it would get more attention & adoption! Somebody here mentioned listing on eg. Block DX, which is free and would IMHO make sense? From the technical standpoint it is a blind shot from me, though I understand from your previous text that it would require some work (which, on the other hand, is not an unknown to those people).

I have been unsuccessful to register on the Forum so far (no activation email). I can PM you my nick and/or email, if you are able to look into it?

Back to the untouched main point of my post though: As mentioned, I have eventually been able to fully sync the BitBay Linux Qt Wallet (v3.1.2.0-gf683bd6) but do not see an option to import key1+2 .private and .public -- they may have been exported from the Marketplace, can you please hint?

I would also gladly install & try the Android app, as well as report any issues I encounter -- it's just that I am running a custom deGoogled OS (https://e.foundation/), thus have no access to Google Play and would need an installation APK and a checksum from you, if that is feasible?

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: