Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 01:09:50 AM

I love this article. It just goes to show how the industry has massive horse blinders on it and when a solution arises, they take a lot of waking up to realize there IS a solution.
The Dynamic Peg fixes this. And the beauty of it is that it can't be broken so it can't fail. It's just a matter of waking up the masses

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seansteinsmith/2020/06/17/bitcoin-failed-as-money-and-that-is-great-news-for-crypto/

Maybe we should email the editor and let them know about the peg release and BitBay as one of the oldest most developed projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 02:06:00 AM

I love this article. It just goes to show how the industry has massive horse blinders on it and when a solution arises, they take a lot of waking up to realize there IS a solution.
The Dynamic Peg fixes this. And the beauty of it is that it can't be broken so it can't fail. It's just a matter of waking up the masses

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seansteinsmith/2020/06/17/bitcoin-failed-as-money-and-that-is-great-news-for-crypto/

Maybe we should email the editor and let them know about the peg release and BitBay as one of the oldest most developed projects.

That's a great idea, I think if we can get the editor to give you a small interview, could be exactly what Bitbay needs now, to let the world know about your genius invention. I think all people need is a small lesson on this peg system, once they can understand it, they will see that is the future of Crypto.

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
JammyDodger

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 11:23:30 AM

Hi guys, anyone know why it takes 180000 network confirmations before we get our BAY onto LAtoken exchange? its been about a month and a half now and still only around 40k confirmations  Huh

Your account will be credited after 180000 network confirmations.

You can check current transaction status on the transactions tab.

I also don't see anything in the transactions tab.

Thanks.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 12:18:48 PM

Hi guys, anyone know why it takes 180000 network confirmations before we get our BAY onto LAtoken exchange? its been about a month and a half now and still only around 40k confirmations  Huh

Thanks.

If it's BAYR it takes a month to confirm because those are reserve. They should credit to your account if not, ask Latoken and send them the TXID. Also you can check the TXID on chainz.cryptoid you should make sure you aren't on an orphan chain.

If you don't see anything in the transactions tab maybe rescan your wallet or compare the balance to chainz, you should see your Tx there as well.
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 05:20:02 PM

Thanks.

You can review the LATOKEN exchange wallet here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/wallet.dws?67109.htm

Check for your deposit address. Eventually we hope that LATOKEN will update their UI to include "pending" for BAYR deposits rather than looking up manually on explorer.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
JammyDodger

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 06:38:28 PM

Thanks.

Check for your deposit address. Eventually we hope that LATOKEN will update their UI to include "pending" for BAYR deposits rather than looking up manually on explorer.

Thanks for the reply cr197, I have checked my deposit address and I'm not getting any results, It's showing as sent in my bitbay wallet. when I try to look for the transaction on the BitBay Blockchain Explorer it's not showing any results? And when I look up my wallet address on the explorer it shows my balance and my previous transactions in 2019 but not this recent one?

I have been in contact with LAtoken support and they gave me this message:

This changing is normal, it is due to the peg
BAY switch to BAYR depending on the vote or BAYR switches to BAY depending on the vote
if inflate or deflate, it is how BAY works. BAY and BAYR are same token actually, in the blockchain it is considered as same token, it is just different states.. For more details you need to contact BAY team and they will explain more.

So do I just have to wait or has something gone wrong do you think?
sorry for being a noob + thanks Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 11:00:09 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply cr197, I have checked my deposit address and I'm not getting any results, It's showing as sent in my bitbay wallet. when I try to look for the transaction on the BitBay Blockchain Explorer it's not showing any results? And when I look up my wallet address on the explorer it shows my balance and my previous transactions in 2019 but not this recent one?

I have been in contact with LAtoken support and they gave me this message:

This changing is normal, it is due to the peg
BAY switch to BAYR depending on the vote or BAYR switches to BAY depending on the vote
if inflate or deflate, it is how BAY works. BAY and BAYR are same token actually, in the blockchain it is considered as same token, it is just different states.. For more details you need to contact BAY team and they will explain more.

So do I just have to wait or has something gone wrong do you think?
sorry for being a noob + thanks Smiley

You are on a fork then. You should update the software, backup you wallet and keys, dump your wallet keys to a file(if on QT), remove the blockchain files from data directory, download bootstrap and put it in data directory, import your wallet keys into a new wallet and resynchronize. Your funds are still in your account and after doing all of that you can try sending the transaction again.
JammyDodger

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 07:55:55 AM

Thanks dzimbeck, all sorted now I think  Wink
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 09:16:52 AM

Thanks dzimbeck, all sorted now I think  Wink

Perfect! You're welcome and let me know if you have any other questions.
raisinbran

Activity: 64
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 01:58:55 AM

How do I find the version of the Markets Client? When I click on Help/About it just says "Halo 2.5". But that is not the version of the Client proper.

Thanks in Advance
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:44:50 AM

How do I find the version of the Markets Client? When I click on Help/About it just says "Halo 2.5". But that is not the version of the Client proper.

Thanks in Advance

that is the correct version, the QT is on a different version 3.1 than the Python Halo client which is indeed 2.5.
ExEric3

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 06:03:49 PM

Hello,

can I ask how that PEG works? Latoken/exchanges have different wallet like others people?

At Latoken had 1016 BAY Reserved fund I got after some time transfered 10 BAY to liquidity fund.

Here is screen from Latoken:

Now lets look to my personal wallet.

Reserved BAY 1059 and avaiable for liquidity just 0.53 BAY?

Anyone else is able trade at Latoken exchange? Im getting only empty page when I search for BAY.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 07:54:51 PM

Hello,

can I ask how that PEG works? Latoken/exchanges have different wallet like others people?

At Latoken had 1016 BAY Reserved fund I got after some time transfered 10 BAY to liquidity fund.

Here is screen from Latoken:

Now lets look to my personal wallet.

Reserved BAY 1059 and avaiable for liquidity just 0.53 BAY?

Anyone else is able trade at Latoken exchange? Im getting only empty page when I search for BAY.

The pegging works by balancing the wallet amounts based on present liquidity and votes, so depending on what the people want and the liquidity of Bitbay forces the coins in reserve to keep price stable. The reason you cannot see the trading on Latoken is because Bitbay is presently under maintenance, don't worry trading will resume soon.

ExEric3

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 08:14:01 PM

The pegging works by balancing the wallet amounts based on present liquidity and votes, so depending on what the people want and the liquidity of Bitbay forces the coins in reserve to keep price stable. The reason you cannot see the trading on Latoken is because Bitbay is presently under maintenance, don't worry trading will resume soon.

I thought PEG is for whole network. Then why im my personal wallet I see BAY(R) 1059 and BAY(L) just 0.53? When I compare it with Latoken exchange I had almost same reserved BAY value 1016 and for liquidity 10 BAY. That means Latoken exchange have different rules or wallet?
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 09:22:30 PM

I thought PEG is for whole network. Then why im my personal wallet I see BAY(R) 1059 and BAY(L) just 0.53? When I compare it with Latoken exchange I had almost same reserved BAY value 1016 and for liquidity 10 BAY. That means Latoken exchange have different rules or wallet?

It is for the whole network, same system on exchange as wallet.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 12:31:57 AM

It depends on the liquidity chart. It's possible that Latoken has more premium coins. It depends on when you deposited those coins on Latoken as well, how premium were they? If you purchased reserve it depends on who you bought it from, how premium/fast did those coins convert?

The only difference between Latoken and the wallet is the exchange does what's called "liquidity mixing" where for a smoother trading experience a user who buys liquid will have a share in the total liquidity pool for the users at that moment who are also liquid. This prevents a user from accidentally buying sub-premium liquidity because they can't see a users liquidity distribution chart. The reserve however is very specific and it's somewhat random the reserve quality you buy from a reserve seller. Although I suspect most of the reserve is premium because of people who deposited later with a better set of liquid coins.

So please I want you to take a look at the send tab and then activate coin select. Then look at all the inputs you can possibly spend. You will notice each input has a liquidity chart. If you click on that chart you can see that each chart is different and the amount of coins distributed is different for each index. You can also see these charts on the block explorer too.

donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:14:26 PM

HALO v2.5. has no connections/ is it possible to add them manually?

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 04:03:14 AM

HALO v2.5. has no connections/ is it possible to add them manually?

You should check your network settings to make sure you allowed it access to private/public networks. Also you can get a list of nodes from chainz.cryptoid.info
ExEric3

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 08:01:57 AM

It depends on the liquidity chart. It's possible that Latoken has more premium coins. It depends on when you deposited those coins on Latoken as well, how premium were they? If you purchased reserve it depends on who you bought it from, how premium/fast did those coins convert?

The only difference between Latoken and the wallet is the exchange does what's called "liquidity mixing" where for a smoother trading experience a user who buys liquid will have a share in the total liquidity pool for the users at that moment who are also liquid. This prevents a user from accidentally buying sub-premium liquidity because they can't see a users liquidity distribution chart. The reserve however is very specific and it's somewhat random the reserve quality you buy from a reserve seller. Although I suspect most of the reserve is premium because of people who deposited later with a better set of liquid coins.

So please I want you to take a look at the send tab and then activate coin select. Then look at all the inputs you can possibly spend. You will notice each input has a liquidity chart. If you click on that chart you can see that each chart is different and the amount of coins distributed is different for each index. You can also see these charts on the block explorer too.

So this is PEG which lock all my funds? Again yours screen is from some testnet or different time of block? So if now others will vote for inflate (I'll round it out every 200 blocks to 4 hours)... Need down 100 indexes to make some coins avaiable. If everyone will contantly vote inflate and wanna get 711 index PEG. 100 indexes x 4 hours = 400 hours. 400/24=16,6 days of voting? Others agree with these rules?

At index 1 its about 100 BAY for liquidity. With current index 811 its 0 BAY

Btw Latoken exchange have already closed trades for BAY already for 4 days. Even support couldnt credit me monthly locked reserved BAY.

Lets imagine when will comes some investor with 10 BTC. He will be not even able buy since actual trading situation and if yes he will be not even transfer them to his personal wallet and if yes it will be automatically locked.

woolfman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 04:06:51 PM

Has selling of Bitbay stopped completely? I have just checked today, and not even LATOKEN seems to have them on their platform?

Any news?
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: