Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BitBayDoc

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 05:44:10 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2020, 03:35:06 AM by BitBayDoc

Everything seems to be working quite well in the Client!
Liquid, Reserve, Frozen, Supply, etc.

So - Anybody have any idea of when we launch back on an exchange?
We should easily be a top 40 coin when this peg launches at $0.20... And then, who knows?

We certainly have the most Feature Rich Coin (that works!) on the market:
https://bitbay.market/features/
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shaydinblue

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 03:58:38 PM

On slack the team said they would make an official announcement early next week and they also mentioned a Monday launch would be best. Most people are speculating that February 24th will be the date so that there is a little time for a short campaign to raise awareness before trading goes live...
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 05:22:24 PM

I was looking BitBay up on coinmarketcap this morning and see that it is no longer listed with an active price?  Anyone else?

I love Bitcoin
anonimogmr

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 07:44:52 PM

Yes because it is not listed in any exchange at the moment, will be in a couple of weeks on Latoken hopefully.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 08:35:22 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2020, 09:28:41 PM by BitBayDoc

I was looking BitBay up on coinmarketcap this morning and see that it is no longer listed with an active price?  Anyone else?
Even though there is no active price listed at the moment; there IS a price for BAY.
It's kinda frozen in time now at - $0.002977
You can see that listing on the BitBay Blockchain Explorer page: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/

@shaydinblue - Thanks for the potential launch update!
Cheers!
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 11:58:57 PM

I was looking BitBay up on coinmarketcap this morning and see that it is no longer listed with an active price?  Anyone else?

As Bay transitions to the "Dynamic Peg" technology, it will be first be listed on "Latoken" Exchange. Since exchanges have to do some programming to list the new features of Bay, they will be added later. Latoken will be the first exchange listing Bay with the Dynamic Peg feature. Soon, very soon...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
BitBayDoc

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 03:57:03 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2020, 06:48:06 AM by BitBayDoc

@BitBayDev / Bjorn / Craig / Shorn / Aletha & David Z:

I am sure everyone is really busy getting ready for the peg launch; however, here is something we do not want to miss:
THE WEBSITE SHOULD BE WORKING PERFECTLY.

Which means the non-working Staking Calculator should be updated or taken down - asap.

Nothing will turn off investors more, than if they come to the site and see even one tool that does not work; and the staking calculator is something everybody wants to try. God only knows why it's still up there at the top of our landing page - and not working?!?

As someone who's created websites for 22 years - removing a broken tool is really a no brainer... Jeeeez people, come on. Huh
We can fix it later; but in the meantime - take it down. We've all worked so hard on this venture; why taint it with a broken Staking Calculator we don't need anyway?

I would also update the Blog page - it should start with a positive and current article about the future of BAY & decentralized crypto-currency in 2020.

Everything else is working beautifully and looks great! Cheers.

BitBayDoc

View Profile
February 12, 2020, 11:47:12 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2020, 08:33:32 AM by BitBayDoc

Why The Website and All of it's Links Working Perfectly Are So Important To Me:

1. As a Surgeon, after a long and tedious, grueling, cardio-thoracic emergency surgery that last 9+ hours - no matter what, I would make sure that the scar/incision/sutures were perfect.
Why?
2. Because that is all anyone ever sees. And that scar will be what everyone initially judges you by.
3. Bitbay.market's home page is the same.
4. People / Investors are going to know if they want to invest, or not, in the first 27 seconds of seeing our website for the very first time.
5. It doesn't matter the thousands of man hours that went into building the heart, body and soul of BAY.
6. After investigating further and downloading the Client and/or both the Wallet, people will quickly see the beauty in this project.
7. However, if even one link doesn't work while they are "checking it out"; or there are any other problems on the page, no matter how small, it can be a BIG problem for some folks who are investing their hard earned $.
8. Now is not the time to think that the non-functioning Staking Calculator is no big deal; simply because the developers know of all the back-breaking, sacrificing and painful work that has gone into making all of BAY what it is - on a deep level... because people will simply not care about something so insignificant when compared to the masterpiece before them. They will.
9. Just sayin'. Cheers.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 03:24:30 AM

Why The Website and All of it's Links Working Perfectly Are So Important To Me:

1. As a Surgeon, after a long and tedious, grueling, cardio-thoracic emergency surgery that last 9+ hours - no matter what, I would make sure that the scar/incision/sutures were perfect.
Why?
2. Because that is all anyone ever sees. And that scar will be what everyone initially judges you by.
3. Bitbay.market's home page is the same.
4. People / Investors are going to know if they want to invest, or not, in the first 27 seconds of seeing our website for the very first time.
5. It doesn't matter the thousands of man hours that went into building the heart, body and soul of BAY.
6. After investigating further and downloading the Client and/or both the Wallet, people will quickly see the beauty in this project.
7. However, if even one link doesn't work while they are "checking it out"; or there are any other problems on the page, no matter how small, it can be a BIG problem for some folks who are investing their hard earned $.
8. Now is not the time to think that the non-functioning Staking Calculator is no big deal; simply because the developers know of all the back-breaking, sacrificing and painful work that has gone into making all of BAY what it is - on a deep level... because people will simply not care about something so insignificant when compared to the masterpiece before them. They will.
9. Just sayin'. Cheers.

Exactly, could not agree more!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 04:35:02 AM

Let's not exaggerate, you can't expect with such limited personel for things to get handled the instant you spot them. We are more concerned with the security of your funds and the software than we are about issues with an old staking calculator on the website. We are aware of it and will get around to it. You have to consider we have priorities. Like making sure the exchange tests well and making sure we update the web wallet while it's in maintenance to let users know among 100 other things. The staking calculator is not the first place users will navigate on the main site. To get things updated on the site I have to run things through the web dev who runs it through a program to maintain updates and translations. With that said I have asked them to change that work flow because its not efficient and doesn't allow me to just push changes to github. They dont want to have to touch up each translation manually. Personally I think an auto-translation service is better as I've seen plugins that users can edit the site to fix them. Anyways, that's how that process works.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:19:53 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2020, 08:59:52 AM by BitBayDoc

Let's not exaggerate, you can't expect with such limited personel for things to get handled the instant you spot them. We are more concerned with the security of your funds and the software than we are about issues with an old staking calculator on the website. We are aware of it and will get around to it. You have to consider we have priorities. Like making sure the exchange tests well and making sure we update the web wallet while it's in maintenance to let users know among 100 other things. The staking calculator is not the first place users will navigate on the main site. To get things updated on the site I have to run things through the web dev who runs it through a program to maintain updates and translations. With that said I have asked them to change that work flow because its not efficient and doesn't allow me to just push changes to github. They dont want to have to touch up each translation manually. Personally I think an auto-translation service is better as I've seen plugins that users can edit the site to fix them. Anyways, that's how that process works.
It's not an exaggeration. Again, maybe to you, because of your deep immersion as I stated above; but not to us who are pragmatic in regards to the sites presentation. One can never get a chance for a second 1st impression.
I have been trying to get that non-working Staking Calculator removed for over two years; and now it's almost game time. Angry

Again, the Staking Calculator IS one of the 1st place users DO navigate to on the main site. It's at the very top of all the pages for God's sake; and English is read from left to right - so it is the 1st link users see and click on. It's not helpful to leave it up if it doesn't work - it's such an easy fix and a no brainer.
Everything else is beautiful and I could not be more pleased.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 03:58:25 PM

the disappointment continues into 2020...what a surprise lol....

sorry man, sinking ship still i say.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BitBayDoc

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:00:06 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2020, 04:01:47 AM by BitBayDoc

the disappointment continues into 2020...what a surprise lol....

sorry man, sinking ship still i say.
It's definitely not a sinking ship. lol

This is the best and most advanced feature-rich Crypto there is.

It's just hard for me to see anything out of place or broken because I'm very obsessive/compulsive.
That's what makes me great, a success and wealthy. I'm actually quite famous and respected in my world.

I have A LOT of Bay. I have also built many successful websites and simply want to advance and contribute to my investment.
I am a staunch supporter of BAY and what it represents for humanity.

In the overall scheme of things - maybe this Staking Calculator issue is no big deal after all.
I am just a super perfectionist when it comes to my j.o.b., money, wine and women. Cheers.
tradersnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 12:46:21 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2020, 01:21:36 PM by tradersnow

Shocked Cool Shocked t-minus 10 days until LAToken listing!!! Shocked Cool Shocked

From the BitBay Slack channel:

"It’s been a long wait but... we are very pleased to be able to announce the launch date for BitBay on the LATOKEN exchange.
On Monday 24th February LATOKEN will go live with BTC and USDT trading pairs for both BAY (liquid) and BAYR (reserve).
To signup for an account on LATOKEN please visit latoken.com and join their telegram channel for official announcements: t.me/latoken"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQu8jilWAAA4-x0?format=png&name=medium
BillionaireWannaBe

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:39:25 AM

I am pleased to see that Bitbay is releasing under the same license that nxt did.
What percentage was the fee set at for using the pegging code?
Would it be best to obfuscate this code for 24 months to get a good jump start?

I have also started a thread on the alt discussion board where I am listing the best potential alt projects
I would invite those from each project or any project to come there and discuss their opinions as to why they have selected  their choices and why.

I genuinely  believe Bitbay to be one of the top 5 most underrated  projects out there 
The project does lack attention.

With the QT wallet and freezing coins is it best to move blocks of 50k or 100k? What is optimal and is there a comprehensive guide to freezing?

We could run a competition for best avatar  and sig creation?
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 11:29:02 AM

I am pleased to see that Bitbay is releasing under the same license that nxt did.

I have also started a thread on the alt discussion board where I am listing the best potential alt projects
I would invite those from each project or any project to come there and discuss their opinions as to why they have selected  their choices and why.

I genuinely  believe Bitbay to be one of the top 5 most underrated  projects out there 

With the QT wallet and freezing coins is it best to move blocks of 50k or 100k? What is optimal and is there a comprehensive guide to freezing?

We could run a competition for best avatar  and sig creation?

If the dev team does NOT obfuscate the code for at least 24 months then they are definitely asleep at the wheel!!  Angry

Don't imagine that some poxy licence is going to protect Mr Zimbeck's creation from being exploited by someone, somewhere.   Just try to enforce licencing conditions against an anonymous corporation in some Central Asian backwater.  Best of luck with that!

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
BillionaireWannaBe

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 12:17:16 PM

I would invite those from each project or any project to come there and discuss their opinions as to why they have selected  their choices and why.

I genuinely  believe Bitbay to be one of the top 5 most underrated  projects out there  

We could run a competition for best avatar  and sig creation?

If the dev team does NOT obfuscate the code for at least 24 months then they are definitely asleep at the wheel!!  Angry

Don't imagine that some poxy licence is going to protect Mr Zimbeck's creation from being exploited by someone, somewhere.   Just try to enforce licencing conditions against an anonymous corporation in some Central Asian backwater.  Best of luck with that!

I would  have preferred obfuscation then rely on license in 5 years or even 10 but I guess there is a reason we are going this route.
The key is just getting awareness out there now
Commenting on my thread in the alt discussion board is a good start but so much more can be done on this forum alone. Just attracting 100 new serious investors and community  members would make a huge difference

The entire community needs to pull together organize and start showing people what Bitbay can do.
The development pot can be put to very good use
I have mine on donate I hope everyone else is doing the same. I think a vote to make it default and mandatory for 2% of stakes and aliderbvoluntary for higher amounts could  be an idea if we come up with some productive and inventive ways for putting those coins to use. It is important to build the demand out as we use the coins.

Micro jobs are the way to go. Get a following of people earning Bitbay from.promoting or even building useful features on top of Bitbayvia the api

Blocknet need to be listed with coin market cap as an exchange I don't know what the hold up is they did 136k yesterday  apparently.

Also the I wonder if it would be possible for the dev pot to have a sum put into an auto trader Bitbay account where people can purchase Bitbay directly from the wallet with bitcoin which self replenished itself from the market. That should be easy to set up right?

Or even if you can work out any way for btc/bay automated exchange in Bitbay wallet would be a huge advantage. Total self reliance.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 03:00:31 PM

The JPL license will be helpful and although it won't prevent cloning, it would help in some cases to generate income from projects who are willing to pay the up front fee. Obfuscation of the variables helps for now. Nobody has complained about it and when someone wants the source I give it to them anyways. For the peg people might ask, I was considering releasing partial source and then leaving out important parts so it can be partially audited but not cloned. Either that or do some obfuscation there as well.

Wait you are saying Blocknet had 136K USD in volume?! In one day?
BillionaireWannaBe

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 01:41:36 PM

The JPL license will be helpful and although it won't prevent cloning, it would help in some cases to generate income from projects who are willing to pay the up front fee. Obfuscation of the variables helps for now. Nobody has complained about it and when someone wants the source I give it to them anyways. For the peg people might ask, I was considering releasing partial source and then leaving out important parts so it can be partially audited but not cloned. Either that or do some obfuscation there as well.

Wait you are saying Blocknet had 136K USD in volume?! In one day?

I will double check that but I think they said that it was 136k

Obfuscate, license what we can to lock this baby down.

I also noticed that Blocknet said binance tried to get their code to copy
We will have 20 bitbays in a few months once people realize what you have created.

I guess it is unlikely any reputable teams will refuse to pay the % but license + obfuscation for the win.
That Harry Potter stuff has stumped a lot of copycats.

Regardless of the roi I am looking forward to the day Bitbay is serving up every item and service you could ever want. No middlemen no 3rd party escrow...just streamlined efficient trade. The potential is massive there is only the small matter of just getting to the critical mass to get the network effect going. Wonder what the tx this baby will take?

Great work can't wait to see how this goes. Did cryptobridge not go with the peg?

I wonder why bittrex removed bay? Did they say? Most of their new ones are junk and will be dead in 6 months.
shaydinblue

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 01:58:13 PM

cryptobridge instituted a really strict kyc policy with no notice and then shut down a week later. Super shady...
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: