Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 06:24:01 PM

Has selling of Bitbay stopped completely? I have just checked today, and not even LATOKEN seems to have them on their platform?

Any news?

Latoken still under maintenance, they should be back up soon.  Cool

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
woolfman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:03:02 PM

Looks like it vanished even from Coinmarketcap.

Did they close this project?
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 02:56:15 PM

Looks like it vanished even from Coinmarketcap.

Did they close this project?

This project will never close, this is temporary downtime, don't worry everything will return to normal soon.

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:54:53 PM

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:37:12 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2020, 05:17:42 PM by LuckyLeprachaun

You're very funny Honda  Grin,  but Bitbay is not melting, it will rise up again like the Phoenix!!!

cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:38:30 PM

Guys, LATOKEN has finally found the bug. They are working with Yshurik to fix
Getting close to being able to trade again!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
3dant

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 08:20:50 PM

Im not sure how you have time to visit here piston...you must be so busy with that mad roller coaster ride called wild beast block....lol.
saying that I don't wish to put any coin down......that's your weird occupation.

but...it was funny...i'll give ya that.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:17:04 AM

Good meme, however we will see who has the last laugh.  Roll Eyes

When the smoke clears from the new defi lending bubble only the real projects will remain standing. The peg works without collateral, if the masses don't see the value in that yet then that doesn't change anything. In fact, it says more about them than it does about the project. Plus there is a lot more we can do to get this moving.
woolfman

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:52:29 AM

I am selling all my coins at market price.

Send me a pm if you are interested.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 09:12:19 AM

I am selling all my coins at market price.

Send me a pm if you are interested.

Latoken will be back up and we are still working on stuff. If you want a buyer posted a dde contract on the market client or go on Latoken when it reopens. We have more aces up our sleeve still... this project is very much alive.
cr197

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 09:34:47 PM

Im not sure how you have time to visit here piston...you must be so busy with that mad roller coaster ride called wild beast block....lol.
saying that I don't wish to put any coin down......that's your weird occupation.

You make a valid point. I'll give you that! Smiley

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 09:51:34 PM

You make a valid point. I'll give you that! Smiley

The cartoon was funny, but jokes aside, Bitbay is hitting a few bumps in the road, everything will smooth itself out soon enough  Cool

lifeiscrypto

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 11:36:11 AM

Is this bootstrap https://github.com/bitbaymarket/bitbay-bootstrap/releases still valid? Just making sure that it will put me in the right fork. Thank you
cr197

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 04:16:20 PM

Is this bootstrap https://github.com/bitbaymarket/bitbay-bootstrap/releases still valid? Just making sure that it will put me in the right fork. Thank you

Yes it is still valid. It automatically updates itself with latest blocks

BitBayDoc

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 09:29:08 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2020, 09:49:42 AM by BitBayDoc

@Piston Honda - The joke was very funny! I had a good laugh.
I have actually felt that way many, many times over my 3.8 year involvement with BAY.
Its been incredibly painful at times (lol); but, we are still here.

Oh Well - Persistence, determination and a great product will eventually rule the day - I believe.
Winners never quit; and quitters never win. Again, BAY a GREAT product.

Once this resonates with a few more key people who have the following to make it go - BAY will do quite well.
It's still one of the greatest creations on Blockchain; but no one knows we are here.

We need a benefactor and/or sponsor to provide the liquidity and exposure we need to roll.
I think all we need is $3-5m (not much) - and we would have this thing humming.
I might be able to provide the liquidity myself if all goes well after this Corona Virus hype is over.

My Conclusion: This Peg David Z created is simply ahead of its time. It's kinda complicated; but its not...
Let's face it, BAY is also trying to legitimately make it in a deregulated, highly suspect arena that touches at the top of all that is. Banking.
TPTB are not going to cheer for us - since they are not involved.

Solution: We may have to create our own exchange for consistency (using some of the $3-5m grubstake); and populate it with BAY and only top tier, non-scam coins.

It's too bad we have had our starts and stops with LAToken, as I am super grateful for their participation.
This Peg is cutting edge, is brilliant and unfortunately has another layer of complexity for the exchanges that they simply don't have to worry about with other coins.

BAY is soooo wide open (it's ready to go - here & now) for what people are actually clammering for, in a decentralized Smart Contract Marketplace Coin - resulting in true anonymous business freedom and elimination of the middleman.

I'm stunned we are not in the top 10 coins.
cr197

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 09:49:42 AM

@Piston Honda - The joke was very funny! I had a good laugh.
I have actually felt that way many, many times over my 3.8 year involvement with BAY.
Its been incredibly painful at times (lol); but, we are still here.

Oh Well - Persistence, determination and a great product will eventually rule the day - I believe.
Winners never quit; and quitters never win. Again, BAY a GREAT product.

Once this resonates with a few more key people who have the following to make it go - BAY will do quite well.
It's still one of the greatest creations on Blockchain; but no one knows we are here.

We need a benefactor and/or sponsor to provide the liquidity and exposure we need to roll.
I think all we need is $3-5m (not much) - and we would have this thing humming.
I might be able to provide the liquidity myself if all goes well after this Corona Virus hype is over.

My Conclusion: This Peg David Z created is simply ahead of its time. It's kinda complicated; but its not...
Let's face it, BAY is also trying to legitimately make it in a deregulated, highly suspect arena that touches at the top of all that is. Banking.
TPTB are not going to cheer for us - since they are not involved.

Solution: We may have to create our own exchange for consistency (using some of the $3-5m grubstake); and populate it with BAY and only top tier, non-scam coins.

It's too bad we have had our starts and stops with LAToken, as I am super grateful for their participation.
This Peg is cutting edge, is brilliant and unfortunately has another layer of complexity for the exchanges that they simply don't have to worry about with other coins.

BAY is soooo wide open (it's ready to go - here & now) for what people are actually clammering for in a decentralized market place coin - Freedom and elimination of the middleman.

Well spoken!
It takes a lot of patience, but in the end it will pay off.
And when the foundation is finally receiving a steady income from our 2 projects that will generate it, then we can really kick development into high gear.
And finish completing the foundation/community governance system.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 01:32:45 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2020, 01:43:26 PM by dzimbeck
Merited by LuckyLeprachaun (3)

AMEN Doc, currently Ampleforth is in top coins and it's saying they have "elastic" supply because they think 1/10 = 10/100... such a scam. As if Bezos could multiply/split total number of Amazon stocks by 10 and magically make himself a trillionaire. If exchanges listed users by their percent of marketcap that coin would be worthless. It is an insult to all things good in the world (bunny rabbits, waterfalls, fluffy clouds) that BAY is not currently the one being lauded as the go to so called "elastic supply coin". We live in an Idiocracy... it is painful to watch. But we have to consider that says more about society than it does about us. Sure we made our mistakes by not capitalizing more as a team when we had the chance, but that is nowhere near how disappointing it is to watch the masses walk into scams.

BAY works because of users holding EQUITY over reserves!! That special equity is what makes the magic happen. It matters when a person buys, how liquid their coins were at the time and so forth. Those things matter and without equity changes there would not be a true change in supply vs demand. (someone should really repost this on AMPL... lol)

What is missing is traditional income streams that most businesses get. If we were to get capital of a few million surely it would go towards things that actually bring home some bacon for the project. We have the talent, we have the peg, it holds 20 cents, all we are missing is resources/liquidity. Plus we succeeded once we can do it again.

One thing our nay-sayers can't deny is that we DID hit .5 billion marketcap after they spent years coming to the forums shitting on the project. We had a win that they will never forget. And that was without the peg! It's one of the greatest accomplishments in my life. I said years ago, success is the best revenge and I promised we would succeed despite having brand confusion, abandonment from the founders, trolling, censorship and so forth. People said "change the name of the project, go anonymous" and I responded "no, because fuck them and when we succeed it will be that much sweeter."

We did succeed despite all of the adversity. If we can pull it off again the peg will be too strong for anyone to stop because we have built in volatility protection! It's true our future is uncertain, I would never ever create a false expectation. Regardless of the future, we can know we took part in one of the greatest underdog stories in crypto history. When BAY piqued in 2017-18 it was the #1 gainer when Bitcoin bubbled for almost a week straight. It was doing 100% per day without the peg! After all we had gone through it was great. I know a lot of us didn't sell much myself included and what a big mistake to screw up a winning position. There almost isn't a day that doesn't go by where I kick myself for it. But it was a series of moments I know I personally will never forget. I've learned though... I've learned that unpopular decisions are sometimes the right ones, that focusing on adoption was something I greatly underestimated, that we didn't put enough into finding liquidity providers or doing standard marketing or thinking of cash cows to invest in on the side to keep a full time team funded (even if it had to be something totally unrelated like real estate). However nobody should underestimate persistence. I've got a more ideas and a few aces up my sleeve still. Even if the moves/changes are radical. It's not over until the fat lady sings.
Jm013768z

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 06:17:40 PM

I have an web (Mobile) Wallet and it show me no Coins. What happend with my coins?
ThepowerofD

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 06:25:55 PM

AMEN Doc, currently Ampleforth is in top coins and it's saying they have "elastic" supply because they think 1/10 = 10/100... such a scam. As if Bezos could multiply/split total number of Amazon stocks by 10 and magically make himself a trillionaire. If exchanges listed users by their percent of marketcap that coin would be worthless. It is an insult to all things good in the world (bunny rabbits, waterfalls, fluffy clouds) that BAY is not currently the one being lauded as the go to so called "elastic supply coin". We live in an Idiocracy... it is painful to watch. But we have to consider that says more about society than it does about us. Sure we made our mistakes by not capitalizing more as a team when we had the chance, but that is nowhere near how disappointing it is to watch the masses walk into scams.

BAY works because of users holding EQUITY over reserves!! That special equity is what makes the magic happen. It matters when a person buys, how liquid their coins were at the time and so forth. Those things matter and without equity changes there would not be a true change in supply vs demand. (someone should really repost this on AMPL... lol)

What is missing is traditional income streams that most businesses get. If we were to get capital of a few million surely it would go towards things that actually bring home some bacon for the project. We have the talent, we have the peg, it holds 20 cents, all we are missing is resources/liquidity. Plus we succeeded once we can do it again.

One thing our nay-sayers can't deny is that we DID hit .5 billion marketcap after they spent years coming to the forums shitting on the project. We had a win that they will never forget. And that was without the peg! It's one of the greatest accomplishments in my life. I said years ago, success is the best revenge and I promised we would succeed despite having brand confusion, abandonment from the founders, trolling, censorship and so forth. People said "change the name of the project, go anonymous" and I responded "no, because fuck them and when we succeed it will be that much sweeter."

We did succeed despite all of the adversity. If we can pull it off again the peg will be too strong for anyone to stop because we have built in volatility protection! It's true our future is uncertain, I would never ever create a false expectation. Regardless of the future, we can know we took part in one of the greatest underdog stories in crypto history. When BAY piqued in 2017-18 it was the #1 gainer when Bitcoin bubbled for almost a week straight. It was doing 100% per day without the peg! After all we had gone through it was great. I know a lot of us didn't sell much myself included and what a big mistake to screw up a winning position. There almost isn't a day that doesn't go by where I kick myself for it. But it was a series of moments I know I personally will never forget. I've learned though... I've learned that unpopular decisions are sometimes the right ones, that focusing on adoption was something I greatly underestimated, that we didn't put enough into finding liquidity providers or doing standard marketing or thinking of cash cows to invest in on the side to keep a full time team funded (even if it had to be something totally unrelated like real estate). However nobody should underestimate persistence. I've got a more ideas and a few aces up my sleeve still. Even if the moves/changes are radical. It's not over until the fat lady sings.
I WOULD HAVE BUT I COULDNT FIND A AMPL BITCOINTALK THREAD

cr197

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:57:38 PM

I have an web (Mobile) Wallet and it show me no Coins. What happend with my coins?

Does your address load up on screen?

If so, enter your address in the search field of the chainz block explorer
See if your coins are showing on the block explorer

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/

Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: