Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:54:29 AM

@ Bitcreditscc

I keep getting this error an the wallet closes. (Sorry don't know how to embed pic).

http://s21.postimg.org/y799b7epj/message.png

I am using the version  0.30.07 and did not have issues with the other wallets. Also on Windows 7 64 bit.

Hi
I'm sorry you are having problems. Let's run through a quick check list just to narrow down the issue.

x64 Windows - Check
0.30.07 - Check
Backup all data to separate folder -- pending
Start client with -reindex flag--pending
Redownload Block chain -- pending

Please do the three and let me know what happens.

Sorry to ask but how do I start it with the --reindex?

Start wallet then type that in the console?

Start command line interface

cd /path/to/your/data/folder/

bitcredit-qt.exe -reindex

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:06:57 AM

@ Bitcreditscc

I keep getting this error an the wallet closes. (Sorry don't know how to embed pic).

http://s21.postimg.org/y799b7epj/message.png

I am using the version  0.30.07 and did not have issues with the other wallets. Also on Windows 7 64 bit.

Hi
I'm sorry you are having problems. Let's run through a quick check list just to narrow down the issue.

x64 Windows - Check
0.30.07 - Check
Backup all data to separate folder -- pending
Start client with -reindex flag--pending
Redownload Block chain -- pending

Please do the three and let me know what happens.

Sorry to ask but how do I start it with the --reindex?

Start wallet then type that in the console?

Start command line interface

cd /path/to/your/data/folder/

bitcredit-qt.exe -reindex

Ok, thanks.

It is really late here so I'll do it in the morning.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:15:21 AM

Anyone selling below 0.0002 is making losses

~just sayin

fishbone

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:14:57 PM

mining diff is up 10x since yesterday
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:25:59 PM

Yeah i noticed, but for some reason people are selling low.

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:27:01 PM

Because some people have gpu getwork optimized miners for momentum.

Bagdar13

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:42:02 PM

Difficulty is up around 250, it is possible that one person now has one running on network (or a lot of other cpus joined is possible).

Seems the time is coming that we need to get a working gpu miner out for this coin or else as diff goes up FUD will start to spread, based on uncertainty of the fairness in the mining process.  I searched but could find no working getwork miner for this algo.  The only momentum miner i could find, that implemented getwork, returned invalid shares.

If we cant get a getwork miner then maybe a pool in the near term is needed if only to stabilize the threat that a small group of people with GPUs will dump all coins.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:10:16 PM

Difficulty is up around 250, it is possible that one person now has one running on network (or a lot of other cpus joined is possible).

Seems the time is coming that we need to get a working gpu miner out for this coin or else as diff goes up FUD will start to spread, based on uncertainty of the fairness in the mining process.  I searched but could find no working getwork miner for this algo.  The only momentum miner i could find, that implemented getwork, returned invalid shares.

If we cant get a getwork miner then maybe a pool in the near term is needed if only to stabilize the threat that a small group of people with GPUs will dump all coins.

I am chasing both options, my workload is huge so i am also looking for people to take care of the smaller tasks. We may have a pool soon.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:38:31 PM

I'm thinking of putting up a BTC bounty to take some of the load off. This will give me time to redesign the secure communication with banking nodes. IRC was a complete waste of time

Cry

All that code down the toilet.

But at least i know that using secure messaging will provide a layer of security and prevent false loan claims or grant redeeming.

fenghush

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:20:39 PM

Any reason why this line is commented out? https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/blob/master/src/rpcmining.cpp#L413

Breaking getwork perhaps?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:16:04 AM

Any reason why this line is commented out? https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/blob/master/src/rpcmining.cpp#L413

Breaking getwork perhaps?

It actually breaks the build  ther have been so many changes to the codebase that i am still playing catch up. There is a 0.5 BTC bounty to fix getwork if you are interested.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:36:50 AM

Analyzing the effects, I'm very happy and surprised how well that worked out.

It appears the difficulty algorithm worked like a charm. Whoever it was barely made much because the difficulty quickly countered their hash power and reduced when they cooled down.

Code:
04:52:57

{
"blocks" : 11579,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00001149,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 58,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"chain" : "main",
"generate" : true,
"hashespermin" : 26
}

12:14:16

getmininginfo

12:14:16

{
"blocks" : 11825,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000028,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 24,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"chain" : "main",
"generate" : true,
"hashespermin" : 27
}

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:58:19 AM

Likely this person is just dipping their toes.

For now

update 0.30.10 will be released during the weekend

it has up to date checkpoints (never have enough of those)
It will introduce bank and reserve subsidies
It will have GUI fixes for some of the area
The stats engine will report all accurate figures.

How do you guys feel about PoS ?

0x6A

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:38:38 PM

For now

PoS looks like a scam at this stage
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:15:00 PM

For now

Well, it's a bank eventually so i have to think of ways to pay interest.

So maybe PoS would be limited to interest due to those who give grants and loan out their funds. Or i could think of a different incentive and implementation pair.

Bagdar13

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:43:31 PM

For now

So maybe PoS would be limited to interest due to those who give grants and loan out their funds. Or i could think of a different incentive and implementation pair.

PoS style interest even a small amount incentives keeping wallets online and keeps the network healthy that way.  But if you are going to put that kind of system in place make it something reasonable 1%-3% per year not some BS 300% per month or doubling every 4 days ;-).

That being said if there exists someone who is using a GPU miner successfully(understanding it could just be a guy with a CPU farm) (maybe they set up a private pool or whatnot), this is now probably the most pressing issue for this coin in the near term.  You don't want everyone to shutdown, also 6 months from now you don't want people to look back and say there is some whale who got a lot of the early blocks who is waiting to dump for a price rise.  A lot of new efforts pump up and crash.  Look at spread, it has rises and rises and just keeps going up for ~6-8 months because it was a fair start the whole way along and is bringing some novel technology to the environment.  I want to see this effort have that level of success over a log time period. People will give some grace period for a new development effort but after some time we will shut off our CPUs...diffs at 400+ again that guy is back online.  The concept of fairness will start to erode this effort.  People know GPU memory coin type miners exist so naturally without a fir playing field people go elsewhere as they feel they are not being given a fair shake.

Side note, it seems your in-wallet implementation of the miner is just as efficient as any of the yam or coyote miners ever were so good on you for that. (at least for i7s and an amd 8300 which are what I have).
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:09:16 PM

For now

PoS style interest even a small amount incentives keeping wallets online and keeps the network healthy that way.  But if you are going to put that kind of system in place make it something reasonable 1%-3% per year not some BS 300% per month or doubling every 4 days ;-).

That being said if there exists someone who is using a GPU miner successfully(understanding it could just be a guy with a CPU farm) (maybe they set up a private pool or whatnot), this is now probably the most pressing issue for this coin in the near term.  You don't want everyone to shutdown, also 6 months from now you don't want people to look back and say there is some whale who got a lot of the early blocks who is waiting to dump for a price rise.  A lot of new efforts pump up and crash.  Look at spread, it has rises and rises and just keeps going up for ~6-8 months because it was a fair start the whole way along and is bringing some novel technology to the environment.  I want to see this effort have that level of success over a log time period. People will give some grace period for a new development effort but after some time we will shut off our CPUs...diffs at 400+ again that guy is back online.  The concept of fairness will start to erode this effort.  People know GPU memory coin type miners exist so naturally without a fir playing field people go elsewhere as they feel they are not being given a fair shake.

Side note, it seems your in-wallet implementation of the miner is just as efficient as any of the yam or coyote miners ever were so good on you for that. (at least for i7s and an amd 8300 which are what I have).

I'll see what I can do this weekend, i am trying to also recruit other coders to help with the work.

As it stands there are three priorities and i can't chase them all. I'll try working on the miner kinks today.

fenghush

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:16:04 PM

I am trying to fix the rpcmining, it's just hard without a testnet to find blocks, also care to elaborate why a dummy coinbase is used to generate blocks? https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/blob/master/src/rpcmining.cpp#L351

For now

I'll see what I can do this weekend, i am trying to also recruit other coders to help with the work.

As it stands there are three priorities and i can't chase them all. I'll try working on the miner kinks today.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:39:10 PM

I am trying to fix the rpcmining, it's just hard without a testnet to find blocks, also care to elaborate why a dummy coinbase is used to generate blocks? https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/blob/master/src/rpcmining.cpp#L351

For now

Use the development branch

https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/tree/smsg

thanks for your efforts

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:29:56 PM

Quick temporary job 15% of all payouts.

I need a bounty manager to actively pursue all bounties current and upcoming. Pm if you are interested.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: