Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:11:38 PM

Everyone I hear complaining is just pissed because they can't afford a banknode.

Early adopters should be rewarded.  They stuck their necks out first.

I will have a banknode.  I paid over $1000 for it. 

I'm sure someone got one for $500.

Who cares?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:12:20 PM

what can Bank nodes do other than get weekly payments

cause liquidity squeezes. there will only be so many bank nodes operating, run by the few early adopters who got in early. These few bank nodes don't want competition, hence the 250k BCR requirement and the 6 month holding period.

As price increases, this will cause banknodes to be cost prohibitive and for existing bank nodes to price fix on their loans.

So much for quality service.

I paid over 5 btc for my bank node.  It requires a serious financial commitment.  

A dash masternode costs 20btc...

Cost prohibitive to you doesn't mean cost prohibitive to everyone else.

But Dash gives opportunity for a few thousands people to earn money daily. This one will only allow this to a few early adopters.

yes it only benefits early adopters, dash masternodes can be bought any time due to its low requirement doesn't matter the cost of buying its about availability too. 250k per node could lead it to costing 250btc for one node which will never happen because people will just not buy it. thus stopping the rise and releasing dumps once nodes are released and then as the profit is to be made from price increases the buying will stall

Dude you are comparing apples to oranges.

Bank nodes are supposed to be limited in number.  Having 2000 banks would completely ruin this idea.

Dash masternodes enhance the anonymity of the network, so the more the merrier.

And a Dash masternode requires 20 btc to purchase at these prices!!!  

whats the idea? the idea here is more to cut supply increase price which will not happen indefinitely thus the model won't work. having this very limited amount of nodes manipulates the services the nodes provide.  

i was more interested in the credit system for the coin , why is there no talk on that
wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:13:52 PM

Everyone I hear complaining is just pissed because they can't afford a banknode.

Early adopters should be rewarded.  They stuck their necks out first.

I will have a banknode.  I paid over $1000 for it. 

I'm sure someone got one for $500.

Who cares?

see my posts i bought some at 400 sats sitting on great profit, but i am in this coin due to my involvement in a similar project i am working on do not want to be a node,
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:14:24 PM

cause liquidity squeezes. there will only be so many bank nodes operating, run by the few early adopters who got in early. These few bank nodes don't want competition, hence the 250k BCR requirement and the 6 month holding period.

As price increases, this will cause banknodes to be cost prohibitive and for existing bank nodes to price fix on their loans.

I paid over 5 btc for my bank node.  It requires a serious financial commitment.  

But Dash gives opportunity for a few thousands people to earn money daily. This one will only allow this to a few early adopters.

yes it only benefits early adopters, dash masternodes can be bought any time due to its low requirement doesn't matter the cost of buying its about availability too. 250k per node could lead it to costing 250btc for one node which will never happen because people will just not buy it. thus stopping the rise and releasing dumps once nodes are released and then as the profit is to be made from price increases the buying will stall

Bank nodes are supposed to be limited in number.  Having 2000 banks would completely ruin this idea.

whats the idea? the idea here is more to cut supply increase price which will not happen indefinitely thus the model won't work. having this very limited amount of nodes manipulates the services the nodes provide.  

i was more interested in the credit system for the coin , why is there no talk on that

Well, the OP used to teach economics and work in the banking industry.  I'll take his word over yours regarding sustainability.

Sure, talk about the credit system.  It's brilliant.
wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:17:07 PM

Well, the OP used to teach economics and work in the banking industry.  I'll take his word over yours regarding sustainability.

Sure, talk about the credit system.  It's brilliant.

i trade the stock market. it doesn't take a genius to figure out why it won't go up all the time thus no point in becoming a node.

when dev is online i'l like to discuss my points with him
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:18:29 PM

i trade the stock market. it doesn't take a genius to figure out why it won't go up all the time thus no point in becoming a node

I'm not sure how this is relevant.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:18:47 PM

Ah....i did say something about procrastinating and FUD right?

Right now i'd like to get the basics shipped to the average user then worry about automation in the next update.

wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

dev says there is only 60k bcr under 10k sats soon the cost of buying a node will cost more than 25btc now will someone invest that much, on the uncertainty that the price will continue to go up
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:20:04 PM

I used to work for the IMF. I am a Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics. I also golf with Bernanke on Sundays.

You should take everyone's word as truth. Its crypto, everyone is honest.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:20:10 PM

Right now i'd like to get the basics shipped to the average user then worry about automation in the next update.

There you are...

Care to address the FUDsters?
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:21:43 PM

I used to work for the IMF. I am a Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics. I also golf with Bernanke on Sundays.

You should take everyone's word as truth. Its crypto, everyone is honest.

Worked for a bank (could have been a teller).  Taught econ (maybe high school?).

He didn't brag or talk about it.  Someone asked him about his background.

If he had built it up a lot, that would be a red flag unless he provided proof.

This guy works his ass off.  He gets economics.  He wants this project to succeed.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:22:28 PM

'The model' is not designed to simply increase the cost of BCR in perpetuity.

i trade the stock market. it doesn't take a genius to figure out why it won't go up all the time thus no point in becoming a node.
Again, you are confusing your own short term profit motives with what is intended.

From the dev:
The premise is simple.... we now have tons of currencies, but no real financial tools and services. This is a huge gap that needs filling and i have decided to step up to the task and try making it a reality.

My goals in succession were as follows

1) Create a viable currency as a base currency for all transactions.

2) Integrate financial services and tools one at a time to meet industry demands

3) Introduce a consensus system that governs Blockchain Financial Institutions by way of democratic vote

4) Implement an Asset issuing facility on the blockchain that runs concurrently with BCR... meaning that people can issue stocks in their companies/ventures/banks right on the blockchain and transfer them as required.

5) Create a incubator for ideas, internal and external whose profits are brought into the BCR ecosphere  thereby proving funding, profit and enterprise for all participants.

there was a white paper, an abject failure because my ideas evolve daily and it just could not get across ideas I want to express.

Any rise in price will be an artefact of value and utility provided.

Bleating and moaning about early adopters is asinine. Nothing is preventing you from being one.
wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:24:51 PM

ok dev seems like my points are coming across as fud but you know ive addressed them before but got buzi.

do you think price will go up all the time. i think it won't as more nodes will be created and when nodes released big dumps because of the cut supply increase price model you have here. the only reason why someone would make a node is to make money of the increase right. now if they think price wont go up they wont buy as the weekly return would not be worth it at whatever level you buy
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:24:56 PM

I hope the banks have already bought their reserve funds... getting more expensive by the minute.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:25:16 PM

The way I see it this is the most capitalistic coin out there right now. "Cheap price"-adopters (ie those of us who bought at 200 sats just 2-3 weeks ago) deserve to get the largest return possible because we had to watch DRK/Dash fly to the moon recently as BCR consolidated sideways.
Anyhow you bring up a good point about the potential manipulation from having a few banknode owners, however it's just speculation right now that it would occur, and furthermore Dev can change parameters if there indeed is manipulation.
Overall chill out and just let the Dev, the BCR price and banknodes do their thing before we start reexamining shit.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:26:42 PM

ok dev seems like my points are coming across as fud but you know ive addressed them before but got buzi.

do you think price will go up all the time. i think it won't as more nodes will be created and when nodes released big dumps because of the cut supply increase price model you have here. the only reason why someone would make a node is to make money of the increase right. now if they think price wont go up they wont buy as the weekly return would not be worth it at whatever level you buy

I'm very certain you are only thinking about your own short term gain after this.  Or maybe you are just very confused as to how all this works.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:26:48 PM

The rise in price is solely based on the amount required to run a banknode.

anything less than 250k BCR all you can do is speculate on the rise and fall of the currency.

So now everyone is rushing to buy up enough BCR to run a Banknode, but there is only so many to go around.

expect wild fluctuations in price, a price squeeze due to lack of liquidity, and price fixing between the few bank nodes that will exist.

wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:27:16 PM

'The model' is not designed to simply increase the cost of BCR in perpetuity.

Again, you are confusing your own short term profit motives with what is intended.

From the dev:
The premise is simple.... we now have tons of currencies, but no real financial tools and services. This is a huge gap that needs filling and i have decided to step up to the task and try making it a reality.

My goals in succession were as follows

1) Create a viable currency as a base currency for all transactions.

2) Integrate financial services and tools one at a time to meet industry demands

3) Introduce a consensus system that governs Blockchain Financial Institutions by way of democratic vote

4) Implement an Asset issuing facility on the blockchain that runs concurrently with BCR... meaning that people can issue stocks in their companies/ventures/banks right on the blockchain and transfer them as required.

5) Create a incubator for ideas, internal and external whose profits are brought into the BCR ecosphere  thereby proving funding, profit and enterprise for all participants.

there was a white paper, an abject failure because my ideas evolve daily and it just could not get across ideas I want to express.

Any rise in price will be an artefact of value and utility provided.

Bleating and moaning about early adopters is asinine. Nothing is preventing you from being one.

they weren't my words they were devs when he said supply is decreased increasing value of nodes giving them huge profits for holding.
wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:30:11 PM

i just cant see a good rate of return buying 250k at 1000sats is 2.5btc = $686 weekly payment 0.01btc-0.02btc = $5.4 is it reall worth it. i would only ask that if it was reduced it would be much interesting and attractive. not worth it for me

In this ecosystem, there is no easy money. If you want to earn you have to actually do something, be it investment, offering services or even just mining. But keep in mind that as interest increases so does mining difficulty, and so does price. However , as the trust protocol matures Banks will be more willing to loan out funds. If we allow any small interest to have bank then we risk scammers running fly by night operations resulting in problems for the average user. The investment has to be large enough to discourage such people and also reflect the commitment of the owner to providing the service.

Allow me to correct you a little, then think over what i say.

It actually costs 1.8 BTC right now to purchase enough for a bank node. So let's do some math, since hashrate doubled over the last few hours.

You are now only mining ~ 2500 BCR a week,  at current rates that is 0.017 BTC. And that is mining with some serious hardware to compete in this environment.

Randomuser1 instead spends 3.6 BTC and sets up two nodes with an additional 25K BCR for operations. He is 1/20 existing nodes and earns ~ 2000 BCR per week for his nodes. He will earn 0.04 BTC per week just for having the nodes. This means 9 weeks his nodes are already in the black.

Because he is a bank he can now perform operations such as escrow, Insurance and contracts.

Say in the first week he takes a 80k BCR contract for development of the Android mobile wallet and negotiates investment insurance for 40K BCR @ 5% rate. He then manages to do the job with 70K BCR. He pays his insurance agent their 5% and keeps the rest. So of the 10K profit, he pays 2K insurance, leaving him with 8k BCR, or 0.16 BTC.

His total for that week is 0.2 BTC. Depending on how much liquid BCR he has , he may have taken on smaller jobs like insuring your payment for some odd jobs in the crypto-world. which can potentially increase his total earnings. The only limit to how any contracts he can do is his monetary constraints and demand for his services.

Say the next week a worthwhile individual  decides to start a new asset/coin but they lack the funds to pull it off, they approach hi as a bank to lend them the funds and help set it up, in exchange say for a 3 % premine, or a hard-coded 3% of every block. If it is a good investment that is managed well, the bank can make untold profits by indulging in such activity. This also benefits our ecosystem either through the insurance one may take out on their investment or by the resulting stimulus of the removal/addition of large chunks of coin at times, as well as attracting more users, investors and entrepreneurs.

Note that once a person starts turning a profit, they are likely to buy more BCR and expand their operations. This creates a lot of buy pressure, resulting in even higher prices.

At a later date, our random user may find that maintaining two different nodes is too much work, especially when they start processing loan requests. So he may decide to sell his node at a 20% profit. That is 300k BCR which may be worth 9 BTC or even more depending on market conditions.

The PoS fad has ruined the average user mentality in that they were getting used to easy money and forgot that real money, real profit, real crypto comes from work, development and business mentality. Now that people are wising up you see the majority of those coins are struggling and floundering. This is because there is no real ecosystem, it's just a flood of emissions without economic activity to support it.

It's not a hand outs system essentially a "what you kill is what you eat" system, where you only get something if you actually did something.
Miners earn small tx fees , nodes earn processing fees and banking tx fees. At times of surplus reserves they can be subsidized to encourage lending, in return users could use the funds to earn more.

So if you have a talent , say graphic design, you could potentially start as a normal user, but if you sell your warez for BCR you can potentially make enough to have a node of your own. Likely you can actually make the required 250K long before someone who tries to do it through mining only.

Don't get me wrong, mining is important, it gets the chain moving and also introduces new money , but what actually gets any economy moving is trade. So trade your skills/warez up the ladder.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:30:29 PM

The rise in price is solely based on the amount required to run a banknode.

anything less than 250k BCR all you can do is speculate on the rise and fall of the currency.

So now everyone is rushing to buy up enough BCR to run a Banknode, but there is only so many to go around.

expect wild fluctuations in price, a price squeeze due to lack of liquidity, and price fixing between the few bank nodes that will exist.

Have you looked into the credit building process?  People buying coins to establish early credit worthiness could drive the price as well.

The price will eventually stabilize.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: