Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:25:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:38:22 PM

TLC, your bots are pissing me off.   Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:57:18 PM

Some familiar faces.

Does anyone have a relationship with Vertoe where you could gauge their interest in joining this project as a developer?

Vertoe hasn't logged into bct since ending all Darkcoin ties it looks like. Wow.
He/she would be an amazing addition to any project though.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:48:52 PM

Dev, some questions:

1.  Why not create banking architecture for bitcoin?  What is the benefit of creating a new currency?

2.  What is your experience in the financial sector?  I don't need specifics as I understand your desire to remain anonymous, but what are your qualifications to take on this massive project?

3.  I have some hesitation because of the potential legal ramifications.  As a resident of a country with strict finance laws, there may be some legal quandry with me supporting a currency that sets up in an unrestricted country.  I'm not willing to break the law (just not worth it for me at this point in my life) and I suspect others are in the same boat.  Do you anticipate the way you setup this project to be in violation of many countries existing laws?

4.  I like that you have a premine in escrow.  If number 3 is a yes, any thoughts at some point of approaching venture capital firms and getting financing with the premine in an effort to take this project legit through the existing regulatory framework?

Hello

1)Bitcoin...too much conflict, very little progress. Just look at the war over block size. I'd rather start a clean slate where i am aware of all the dynamics.

2) I've worked in a bank and taught economics.

3) Unless your country has policy against holding foreign bank accounts , you should be fine. On my end i will keep things clean, do the same for yourself and it's all smiles.

4) The moment I do that I expose us all to the demands of VCs, i'll have people trying to give me timetables. This is why i like humble broke work. I work with and consult interested parties and as a community we all support the project, the pressure is ours to regulate.

Would i like funding? Yes, i would, but not at the cost of the community. The BitBond funding round will get more attention from me when i finish wallet version 0.30.18, i expect the trust engine to be complete by then, maybe a HTML5 wallet for 0.30.19.

The premine is fine where it is, since we will have voting, users will vote for what to do with it.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:54:36 PM

Some familiar faces.

Does anyone have a relationship with Vertoe where you could gauge their interest in joining this project as a developer?

Vertoe hasn't logged into bct since ending all Darkcoin ties it looks like. Wow.
JL

Yes, it would be great to have some talent come aboard, why did he leave DRK?

If i had two more competent devs, we could roll out the Masternodes + voting + secure messaging in one go. Hell, if we had 2 days to spare even an HTML5 wallet to go with it.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:18:19 PM

TLC, your bots are pissing me off.   Tongue

Not guilty, my bots were getting pissed off too.  Cheesy
MyFarm

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:25:04 PM

Thank you for answering my questions.

When you say you worked in a bank, did you provide software related services?

Some familiar faces.

JL

While I can't say for sure, what I personally ascertained was they felt disrespected by the lack of communication from the lead developer and a lack of appreciation.

Vertoe would be an excellent asset to this project.  I like them a lot.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:27:13 PM

Thank you for answering my questions.

When you say you worked in a bank, did you provide software related services?

Some familiar faces.

JL

While I can't say for sure, what I personally ascertained was they felt disrespected by the lack of communication from the lead developer and a lack of appreciation.

Vertoe would be an excellent asset to this project.  I like them a lot.

communication is important, as well as appreciation

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:28:39 PM

just a random thought...in while, maybe two months or so..people will regret selling below 0.0001.

njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:55:07 PM

Rumors are going around saying that Mr. Spread has joined this team...Thoughts on that?
topcat363

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:23:58 AM

Rumors are going around saying that Mr. Spread has joined this team...Thoughts on that?

who is that?

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:44:29 AM

Holy crap, guys. 10% of all available coins traded in past 24 hours. There were many large, and probably weathered hands who wanted out.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:56:11 AM

1 minute blocks, 50 BCR per block.  Does that halve or reduce at some interval?

Has the percentage of block rewards to banknodes been determined yet?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:05:45 AM

Holy crap, guys. 10% of all available coins traded in past 24 hours. There were many large, and probably weathered hands who wanted out.
JL

Lol, people were just caught unaware. 90% of the trades happened in an hour. Someone just took a strong position, likely preparation for the MN implementation.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:39:53 AM

My eyes hurt now, going offline. Been working all night, VOTE is complete, code requires review. I will do a self audit then publish to github later during the day.

Secure messaging is maybe 30% done, will focus on it's completion by Monday(maybe). If i can have everything working by the 25th, including tests, it will be rolled out as one update along with the MN.

entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:31:34 AM

.00001 for 250k /node with 210m eventual supply, is a bit too high to warrant  taking a position for me.  I'll be watching though, good luck.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
webprods

Activity: 308

Millionaires Club 47

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:34:42 AM

.00001 for 250k /node with 210m eventual supply, is a bit too high to warrant  taking a position for me.  I'll be watching though, good luck.
Can somebody post link to working wallet .Trying  to download but instead of wallet  all  I got is  a small icon of exe. and  command promp blink few sec , that's all.

Altcoins programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots
webprods

Millionaires Club 47

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:11:26 AM

Can somebody post link to working wallet .Trying  to download but instead of wallet  all  I got is  a small icon of exe. and  command promp blink few sec , that's all.
Never mind .Got it

Altcoins programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:57:36 PM

Nice!  Great seeing the project finally getting some attention.

On the topic of getting this on coinmarketcap, I think the point is less about knowing the market cap at a glance, and more about coinmarketcap being a great way to bring attention to the coin.  Coinmarketcap gets a lot of views, and especially on days where the price rises a lot or it gets a good deal of volume, people who may not have heard of the coin will look into it.  Fantastic source of free advertising for the project.  Anyone can submit a request to get the coin added.  I was about to do it but then realized coinmarketcap does want to have a logo for the coin.  I realize you have been focusing on bigger fish, but even just something temporary that may not be perfect would be enough to get it on coinmarketcap.  Can always change the logo down the road.

Also, I've been doing some math here.  I believe the original specification called for block halving every 210000 blocks?  So that would be around 145 days.  What is the final base value for block rewards?  Do a few quick calculations and it becomes clear it won't take too long before coins are trickling out and the total supply won't hit 210 million BCR for decades.  Actually if the block reward continually halves it will never hit 210 million BCR, it wouldn't come remotely close.  I'm just trying to get a picture of the long term economics at play.  As it stands now it is going to be difficult to get more than a few dozen bank nodes up and running at 250k BCR per node, and after a few years of halving every 210000 blocks, it will be virtually impossible for anyone to obtain enough BCR to start a new bank node.
webprods

Millionaires Club 47

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:22:10 PM

On the topic of getting this on coinmarketcap, I think the point is less about knowing the market cap at a glance, and more about coinmarketcap being a great way to bring attention to the coin.  Coinmarketcap gets a lot of views, and especially on days where the price rises a lot or it gets a good deal of volume, people who may not have heard of the coin will look into it.  Fantastic source of free advertising for the project.  Anyone can submit a request to get the coin added.  I was about to do it but then realized coinmarketcap does want to have a logo for the coin.  I realize you have been focusing on bigger fish, but even just something temporary that may not be perfect would be enough to get it on coinmarketcap.  Can always change the logo down the road.

Also, I've been doing some math here.  I believe the original specification called for block halving every 210000 blocks?  So that would be around 145 days.  What is the final base value for block rewards?  Do a few quick calculations and it becomes clear it won't take too long before coins are trickling out and the total supply won't hit 210 million BCR for decades.  Actually if the block reward continually halves it will never hit 210 million BCR, it wouldn't come remotely close.  I'm just trying to get a picture of the long term economics at play.  As it stands now it is going to be difficult to get more than a few dozen bank nodes up and running at 250k BCR per node, and after a few years of halving every 210000 blocks, it will be virtually impossible for anyone to obtain enough BCR to start a new bank node.
How to minimize this stupid f.... wallet? I can hide wallet but is no options that wallet can be minimized and big fat dark wallet staying at my screen Using option from wallet I can hide ,but to get back I can't find  nowhere .Have to go to task manager  end the process  and turn again from icon ..I hate this f...wallet .Trying to  mine some coins using wallet  and cpu but after  all night got zero coins  .Using  I 4790 K processor  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry >: Almost kick and punch monitor because  this  ugly dark smuck wallet(.This is worst coins wallet I ever have.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:08:09 PM

hey there

I guess i let my technical mind get ahead of business a lot. Yeah if you guys want it on coinmarketcap, i will not object and you are right it's good for publicity. Likely for practicality and investor awareness, i'll implement my own version in the wallet when i get to tinkering with the GUI again.

for a LOGO, i'd suggest this :

Currently the only way to earn BCR is through mining, which will eventually become a difficult entry level, in the coming few versions....tentatively  0.30.20 I will introduce incentives programs, blockchain hiring schemes and other directives that will create job opportunities and new means of earning coin and securing the blockchain. I am researching Proof Of Service (for masternodes) and Proof of Activity (for average node) as part of that program, but as usual, there is always so much going on in my mind that i end up going on a tangent without telling anyone.

Essentially, in a few versions from now, the blockchain will become self sufficient and self sustaining, there is a lot of financial, social and software engineering to be done, but you'll see the results soon. If I had development assistance we would likely see the first one or two of these by version 0.30.18. The BCR ecosystem is going to be a robust one that goes beyond the current realm of crypto-currency. Just give me a few more months to roll out features. I intend to make this an extremely competitive offering on the market.

Also one of the more obscure (still in my cloudy brain) ideas is a multi-tier system, ie at some point a few million BCR will be locked into the chain to become collateral for tradeable assets on the blockchain. An example would be BBD, to make the asset tradeable, we would represent it's value on the chain via this method, then if you open your wallet, you will see three balances, 1) your wallet balance, 2) your bank balance and 3) your Asset balance(s). All this is far ahead of current scope so i don't really talk about it unless asked.

For the moment only individuals are capable of setting up Bank nodes, however this is not the design goal. right now the project is very young and fragile, and resolute supporters are usually just individuals. Around launch time i will demonstrate how a group of people can collectively own and run a Bank node. This is a very important aspect since i expect that only a few of the current large holders will still be holding in a few months. The long term expectation is that less than 5% of the Bank nodes will be owned by individuals, the huge majority will be owned by partners and (if we get really big) by companies and potentially other smaller crypto-currencies trying to piggy back.

A lot of this is very important, but i never get to talk about it because my mind is always cluttered with thoughts on expansion and implementation.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: