Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:56:16 PM

As of now I have and will not even attempt to open my other two basenodes until this one is solved. I do not want to lose any more coins in those two like I have with this one.

You can see in the picture that something happened to my wallet from July and never went further than that when whatever happened, happened. Yes I did send all my coins to BitTrex at that time to send them back to myself as one transaction for 50,000 to start the banknode. I could not find coin control in the wallet at that time to send to myself.

Any ideas to get the coins back I am willing to listen. I tried the wallet.dats in the backup folder but none worked.

Allow me to first make one thing very clear for all users. Loss of coins is a user error, not developer. I do not have access to your private keys ergo you control your own funds. Now, if the coins are in an address whose private keys you own, then they will appear if you bootstrap or manage to sync completely (or at least up to your last tx)

There are now ~ 100 active BNs on both linux and windows. Starting the wallet as per instructions should yield positive results.

I think i have mentioned several times now that syncing from start for a BN has become a long process due to the addition of another database for services. Which is why the recommended option until further notice is bootstrapping.

Coin control is activated in options and available under the send tab.

alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:58:55 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 05:35:04 PM by alganonim

Did you tried first to use bootstrap on clean/new empty wallet and the after full syncing, close and replace wallet.dat, sometimes when wallet crashes after opening/closing it's recommended to check windows processes manager if some related process is still pending and if waiting doesn't help for some time then this process should be terminated.

Your screenshot looks like wallet is still loading, it's noraml my looks the same for maybe 1 minute when using SSD drive, after wallet is synced all coins should be on it's place and wallet transaction window will look normal.

Coin control should be first enabled in Options / Wallet (tab) / Enable coin control features and then available in Send / Receive (tab) / Coin Control Features / Inputs ... (button)

It can take some time before it appear after pressing , more transaction/wallet loading = longer waiting

I heard some horrible stories about corrupted wallet.dat, most of them is related with copying wallet.dat file when wallet is still open/hung/crashed/anyway not fully closed or when wallet.dat is moved many times between different versions new/old/then new again ...

I only hope you have a backup of wallet.dat somewhere, it a must, one or two times it saved my ass.

If my Win setup is doing some strange things, first thing I do is to execute checkdisk on system partition, cmd then c: and   chkdsk /f , restart system, it resolves a lot of weird behaviours after not proper system close/crashes/power failures.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:49:54 PM

As of now I have and will not even attempt to open my other two basenodes until this one is solved. I do not want to lose any more coins in those two like I have with this one.

You can see in the picture that something happened to my wallet from July and never went further than that when whatever happened, happened. Yes I did send all my coins to BitTrex at that time to send them back to myself as one transaction for 50,000 to start the banknode. I could not find coin control in the wallet at that time to send to myself.

Any ideas to get the coins back I am willing to listen. I tried the wallet.dats in the backup folder but none worked.

Allow me to first make one thing very clear for all users. Loss of coins is a user error, not developer. I do not have access to your private keys ergo you control your own funds. Now, if the coins are in an address whose private keys you own, then they will appear if you bootstrap or manage to sync completely (or at least up to your last tx)

There are now ~ 100 active BNs on both linux and windows. Starting the wallet as per instructions should yield positive results.

I think i have mentioned several times now that syncing from start for a BN has become a long process due to the addition of another database for services. Which is why the recommended option until further notice is bootstrapping.

Coin control is activated in options and available under the send tab.

I have never said me losing coins was a developer fault but to say there was not an issue with the last 4 or 5 wallet releases on Windows is an understatement. Ever since the 0.30.17.6 until now has been issues, on Windows. Wallets would not open with out deleting everything in appdata, force closing and other issues is not in my control. I was not the only person bringing this up in the past.

I know not backing up the wallet is my fault. If I lost all the coins on this BN it is my fault.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:51:00 PM

Did you tried first to use bootstrap on clean/new empty wallet and the after full syncing, close and replace wallet.dat, sometimes when wallet crashes after opening/closing it's recommended to check windows processes manager if some related process is still pending and if waiting doesn't help for some time then this process should be terminated.

Your screenshot looks like wallet is still loading, it's noraml my looks the same for maybe 1 minute when using SSD drive, after wallet is synced all coins should be on it's place and wallet transaction window will look normal.

Coin control should be first enabled in Options / Wallet (tab) / Enable coin control features and then available in Send / Receive (tab) / Coin Control Features / Inputs ... (button)

It can take some time before it appear after pressing , more transaction/wallet loading = longer waiting

I heard some horrible stories about corrupted wallet.dat, most of them is related with copying wallet.dat file when wallet is still open/hung/crashed/anyway not fully closed or when wallet.dat is moved many times between different versions new/old/then new again ...

I only hope you have a backup of wallet.dat somewhere, it a must, one or two times it saved my ass.

If my Win setup is doing some strange things, first thing I do is to execute checkdisk on system partition, cmd then c: and   chkdsk /f , restart system, it resolves a lot of weird behaviours after not proper system close/crashes/power failures.

I will try and import everything on a laptop that I have never used at all for anything related to Crypto and see what might happen.

Thanks for the suggestions.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:27:01 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 06:40:17 PM by jasemoney

@antonio8,
Took me 10-14 hours to sync from scratch. This was with the last wallet released and I had 6-8 connections. With the current wallet release I get only 2 connections, likely it would take much longer. While my wallet was syncing every transaction my wallet had recorded, but which it now couldn't be sure about (until it received the block during the fresh sync which contained the transaction(s) it recorded) looked exactly like yours. Light blue. So I am thinking you will be fine once synced fully.
You can see what block your synced up until on the lower left next to the wifi symbol showing your connections.

Note:
1.) During sync you are creating a relational database that is not tiny including all addresses seen.
2.) Syncing wallets on many coins can appear frozen while they finish their sync process. Check task manager to see if it is still using resources likely it is still processing the sync.
3.) you can confirm youve gotten a block that will stop you from syncing in the %appdata% debug.log, it will say something near the very bottom about "error connect block, invalid block" theres a command in the wallet you can type to fix this called "reconsiderblock"

Reconsider block how to:
1.)Stuck Syncing?
Find the block you are on currently: either type "getinfo" into the debug console, or hover your mouse over the sync symbol to see the current block your wallets accepted.
go the the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/ and look for the next block and copy the hash.
go to debug console in wallet and type "reconsiderblock <copy ofhash>"
2.)Forked?
Its unlikely youve followed a fork to far unless you own 2million or more BCR and can control the network
Find the block you are on currently: either type "getinfo" into the debug console, or hover your mouse over the sync symbol to see the current block your wallets accepted.
type "getblockhash <blockheight>" and start matching your current block hash to the one on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/ at that blockheight.
work backwards until your hash in wallet matches the chainz block explorer then go one block forward on the block explorer.
use that blocks hash in "reconsiderblock <hash>"
(note to forked users: your wallet will likely be banned from peers for being on the wrong chain. when you type
Code:
reconsiderblock 0004114f397396516b4a0232bae53d401932f8ad13eab131f444b0957600fb9b

but you have no connections it will say the block can not be found. if your on a VPN and can change your IP address this is the easiest way to get accepted by old connections then quickly try reconsiderblock. otherwise search chainz explorer for new peer connections and use reconsiderblock quickly before getting banned by them.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:38:11 PM

New wallet is working great for me.  Big improvement in connectivity to the network.
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:41:14 PM

@antonio8,
Took me 10-14 hours to sync from scratch. This was with the last wallet released and I had 6-8 connections. With the current wallet release I get only 2 connections. While my wallet was syncing every transaction my wallet had recorded but now couldn't be sure about until it received the block during the fresh sync looked exactly like yours. Light blue. So I am thinking you will be fine once synced fully.
You can see what block your synced up until on the lower left next to the wifi symbol showing your connections.
Note:
1.) During sync you are creating a relational database that is not tiny including all addresses seen.
2.) Syncing wallets on many coins can appear frozen while they finish their sync process. Check task manager to see if it is still using resources likely it is still processing the sync.
3.) you can confirm youve gotten a block that will stop you from syncing in the %appdata% debug.log, it will say something near the very bottom about "error connect block, invalid block" theres a command in the wallet you can type to fix this called "reconsiderblock"

Thanks jasemoney,

I never knew about your #3 note but will pay attention to it.

It is still syncing with 3 connects at block 61,252 but I am ok with letting it take as much time as it does. I'll be gone for the rest of the week anyways for the Holiday. If it is not fixed by then after a full sync then I will try on the laptop that has never been used to make sure I don't have a conflict with my computer. It is moving but slow but that is fine.

EDIT: On the reconsider number 1 never knew that either.

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:54:14 PM

@antonio8,
Took me 10-14 hours to sync from scratch. This was with the last wallet released and I had 6-8 connections. With the current wallet release I get only 2 connections. While my wallet was syncing every transaction my wallet had recorded but now couldn't be sure about until it received the block during the fresh sync looked exactly like yours. Light blue. So I am thinking you will be fine once synced fully.
Note:

Thanks jasemoney,

I never knew about your #3 note but will pay attention to it.

It is still syncing with 3 connects at block 61,252 but I am ok with letting it take as much time as it does. I'll be gone for the rest of the week anyways for the Holiday. If it is not fixed by then after a full sync then I will try on the laptop that has never been used to make sure I don't have a conflict with my computer. It is moving but slow but that is fine.

EDIT: On the reconsider number 1 never knew that either.
reconsiderblock was programed just for bitcredit as we had an issue where people could not sync past certain blocks. this allows the users who have formed a consensus to tell the wallet to ignore whatever is holding it back from using the chain everyone else is. this was usually an issue when restarting the wallet caused it to hang on the last block it had accepted for some reason. this bug is fixed but reconsiderblock is useful.
and yeah haha debug log is a good place to start lookign when things arent going right. just keep in mind just because something seems as an error or is named oddly doesnt mean the wallets not running fine.
current height is 272,050 so your a long way away with your 61,252. If when you get back it has not synced all the way, before you move to the laptop, do try the reconsiderblock.
if you have questions feel free to ask here, PM me, or join the slack channel by sending a message to LucD88 whose post can be found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.msg13156328#msg13156328

8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 10:55:26 PM

reconsiderblock was programed just for bitcredit as we had an issue where people could not sync past certain blocks.

Whatta bullshit. bitcredits' reconsiderblock is regular bitcoind/bitcoin-cli rpc call. It's used for testing purposes, not for fixing issues of your code.

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:12:09 PM

reconsiderblock was programed just for bitcredit as we had an issue where people could not sync past certain blocks.

Whatta bullshit. bitcredits' reconsiderblock is regular bitcoind/bitcoin-cli rpc call. It's used for testing purposes, not for fixing issues of your code.

Syncing difficulties aren't  (primarily) code issues either. But
you are right that reconsiderblock is by no means unique
to Bitcredit. Still, it is a nice and nifty tool, that many POS coins
ought to incorporate.

“God does not play dice"
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:28:14 AM

Syncing difficulties aren't  (primarily) code issues either. But
you are right that reconsiderblock is by no means unique
to Bitcredit. Still, it is a nice and nifty tool, that many POS coins
ought to incorporate.
OK I had not seen it anywhere else.

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 11:44:10 AM

We now have a SLACK CHANNEL
https://bcrofficial.slack.com/
Please contact user LucD88 with an email address (it can be a throwaway address if you like) original Slack post is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.msg13156328#msg13156328
The more the merrier!
Like jasemoney said: The more the merrier! Smiley

Anyone - including less tech-savvy people - is allowed to join and contribute to the discussion. If you rather listen instead of speak, that's perfectly fine as well. Just send me a PM including your (throwaway) email address, and I will invite you.
Bump.

Discussions regarding development, testing, and mining are still ongoing on a daily basis in the Official BCR Slack channel. Feel free to join, more information here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.msg13156328#msg13156328

dragos_bdi

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:32:18 PM

For those interested ...

1. BaseNode cold hosting.

2. BaseNode cold hosting + mining.

1. I will provide the following to you:
   a) basenodeprivkey <BASENODEPRIVKEY>
   b) ip of the cold BaseNode <BASENODEIP>
   c) port of the cold BaseNode <BASENODEPORT>

You will have a wallet with one transaction of 50000 BCR inside.
   Modify the bitcredit.conf with:
   basenode=1
   basenodeprivkey=<BASENODEPRIVKEY>
   basenodeaddr=<BASENODEIP>:<BASENODEPORT>
   Restart the wallet.
   Issue on console "basenode start".
   If the message is "basenode started remotely", from this moment you can stop the wallet.
   Privide the BCR address that is behind.

My job is:
   To maintain synced the cold wallet.
   To maintain updated the daemon to the last version.
   To report to you by email if the wallet was restarted for some reasons (bootstraping/binary update/machine restart) to reissue the "basenode start" on your end.
   To maintain an uptime that will bring mutual satisfaction for both parties.

The price for this service is 50% from all earnings on that BN.

2. In plus to the above service, I will mine to the provided address on 40 block based rotation script. For this, the wallet must contain the above 50000 BCR transaction + 1 BCR, so I can mine on that address.

The price for this service is 65% from all earnings on that BN.

Payments:
   The payments will be done on daily basis, preferably from other sources.
   In case that funds will be retrieved from the BN wallet, I must be announced by email with the transaction ID.

Termination of the service:
   Missing two payments without any message from you, will cancel the service.
   In case that BN is offline for more than 2 days, the service is canceled.

An feedback is more that appreciated !

Thank You for your tips!
BCR - 5u7KPyiHKeg6sbdvd9XhT9HHpvh5c2ppTe
BTC - 1ASJQ7SE84sgQketS2kQCTQLV3DJesYnLh
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:15:31 PM

Space is not easy to find for new GUi elements so i have been combining some of the interfaces. Rather than separate interfaces for each service. Playing with this:-

The desired result is an informative functional interface with as little clutter as possible.  One page for credit and one for debit ie one will show your requests and options/review while the other shows services you are providing, closing dates and has options for blacklisting etc.

More to come

tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:00:32 PM

For those interested ...

basenode=1
   Restart the wallet.
   If the message is "basenode started remotely", from this moment you can stop the wallet.

My job is:
   To report to you by email if the wallet was restarted for some reasons (bootstraping/binary update/machine restart) to reissue the "basenode start" on your end.

My feedback is I think 50%is a bit too much. 25-30 would be reasonable. You can run more than 1 node on one instance, right?
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:35:00 PM

For those interested ...

basenode=1
   Restart the wallet.

My job is:

2. In plus to the above service, I will mine to the provided address on 40 block based rotation script. For this, the wallet must contain the above 50000 BCR transaction + 1 BCR, so I can mine on that address.

The price for this service is 65% from all earnings on that BN.

Payments:
   The payments will be done on daily basis, preferably from other sources.
   In case that funds will be retrieved from the BN wallet, I must be announced by email with the transaction ID.

Termination of the service:
   Missing two payments without any message from you, will cancel the service.
   In case that BN is offline for more than 2 days, the service is canceled.

We will provide same service for 10% fee if paying with XQN and 20% if paying with the actual node/stake coin.
Same goes for all masternode/POS coins.
More services/info to come, our main page in sig.

Happy staking/masternoding!

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:54:17 PM

We will provide same service for 10% fee if paying with XQN and 20% if paying with the actual node/stake coin.

IW

While I can see the appeal of piggy backing on BCR, i don't think users will get involved in your coins just to pay something they can already do in BCR.
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:14:16 PM

IW

While I can see the appeal of piggy backing on BCR, i don't think users will get involved in your coins just to pay something they can already do in BCR.
Its not about piggy backing, but about unexperienced and newcomers to crypto who dont know how to setup and maintain nodes/wallets or simply dont have time for it.
We already provide this service in small scale for clients, and do know the need is there and will be bigger.
No need to get involved with any coin, this service will actually help every newcomer or unskilled users learn your systems and how to use them in real life.
Win-win for all.

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
dragos_bdi

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:04:06 PM

My feedback is I think 50%is a bit too much. 25-30 would be reasonable. You can run more than 1 node on one instance, right?

You probably right, but take a look here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbpIdurBcKOou0yyXhXfklraYUQeWkpOIk_Fht48BBs/edit?usp=sharing

I provisioned 2 BN/VM (I could probably go to 4 BN's/VM if are only cold BN's)
The daily earnings are calculated from average of my BN's daily earnings with 60 BN's online in last couple of days. If we arrive at 120 BN's online, the earnings go half, so ... I don't get to much to pay for the server tough. If the price was 2000 sat, then ... it's something else.
After that, you know very well how difficult is to maintain a working BN online with all the rapid change of all things.
And what if the Dev enforce the rule one BN/IP ?
What if the dev enforce automining for BN?

I prefer to offer an service stable, working, and available. I could squeeze 48 Nodes. What if the server has a problem, and 48 Nodes disappear from the network, will the chain still run smoothly ?

On the other hand, for those who don't know, how to do it, and sit on thousands of BCR, it's not good to have an income for them ?

Thank You for your tips!
BCR - 5u7KPyiHKeg6sbdvd9XhT9HHpvh5c2ppTe
BTC - 1ASJQ7SE84sgQketS2kQCTQLV3DJesYnLh
dextronomous

Activity: 431
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:55:45 PM

Guys even a hot wallet, still doing all my magic keeping up with unsynced win wallet with the reconsider stuff. no go.

or this one in this wallet same block after bootstrap all the time, and or the newer version of the debug.log is full with smsg blab bla

2015-12-28 20:53:29 SMSG Misbehave reason == error .
2015-12-28 20:53:29 Message payload does not match got  128, expected 324 .
2015-12-28 20:53:29 Message payload does not match got  128, expected 324 .
2015-12-28 20:53:30 ERROR: ConnectBlock() : grant awards error( grantAward=0)
2015-12-28 20:53:30 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=00028a292d35afc659bb341d60d9dbd45cceba7c6a07408780294474afc0f0c4  height=272625  log2_work=35.948165  date=2015-12-24 10:09:46
2015-12-28 20:53:30 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0007b2eb473454d1a8890c635ca30e0fad726d32e475d34ce132f7880c457f00  height=272624  log2_work=35.948164  date=2015-12-24 10:09:45
2015-12-28 20:53:30 ERROR: ConnectTip(): ConnectBlock 00028a292d35afc659bb341d60d9dbd45cceba7c6a07408780294474afc0f0c4 failed
2015-12-28 20:53:30 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=00028a292d35afc659bb341d60d9dbd45cceba7c6a07408780294474afc0f0c4  height=272625  log2_work=35.948165  date=2015-12-24 10:09:46
2015-12-28 20:53:30 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0007b2eb473454d1a8890c635ca30e0fad726d32e475d34ce132f7880c457f00  height=272624  log2_work=35.948164  date=2015-12-24 10:09:45

when the invalid chain found starts
 inside the wallet the explorer won't be able to find the next block
and also not go on with searching above the correct block,
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: