Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:10:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I invested in bitcoin  (Read 7210 times)
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:24:04 AM

I invested in bitcoin for the technology it offers, and luckily never invested more than 4-5 BTC at 600. Took a big loss and made some back by day trading wehn the prices were swinging between 300 and 400.
Ghostface

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:27:54 AM

I invested in bitcoin for the technology it offers, and luckily never invested more than 4-5 BTC at 600. Took a big loss and made some back by day trading wehn the prices were swinging between 300 and 400.

I also invested because I believe in the technology, but also because I can see the potential future value in it. Give it 2-3 years and then lets see where it's at. Those that don't have patience and got out early may live to regret it.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:29:27 AM

We all caught up in the possibilities of Bitcoin, but the truth is, it may never become possible.

turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:19:40 PM

When I buy stocks to get dividends, I also speculate that the company will make profit and can pay dividends.

If you are buying them on the principle "oh, gee, this stock seems to pay dividends, let's buy it", then, yes, you are speculating. If, however, you research the company, examine its history of paying dividends (is it a long history? are the payments reliable? do they increase with time?), if you understand its business model - then you are investing.

There is risk associated with investing, of course. But the main difference between speculation and investing is that speculation relies on the immediate observation of something (the word "to speculate" comes from the Latin word "speculare", which means "to observe"; the word "spectacles" has the same origin) and its extrapolation to the near future. Investing, on the other hand, relies on research and understanding and basically on buying a long-term source of cash flow. If you buy a rental property, you are investing, because you are paying for a long-term source of rent - despite the fact that you are running the risk that rents will fall or any other business-related risks. When you are buying a house, hoping to sell it at a higher price, you are speculating. And when you are buying a house to live in, you are making a consumer expenditure. Of course, there can be overlapping between these three activities.

When I buy bread, I also speculate, that it won't be already gone bad, when I want to eat it

When you buy a consumer good, you are making an expenditure. That's not even speculation and is most definitely not investing.

You are just a good example, that the people who call everybody else to dumb to understand such things, just don't know how it works them self.

And you are a good example of how ignorant people tend to react when somebody who knows better than them points out their ignorance.
I don't even want to correct you anymore. There is so much wrong about what you just wrote. But sure, you know it better, I am just ignorant.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:47:31 PM

I also invested because I believe in the technology, but also because I can see the potential future value in it. Give it 2-3 years and then lets see where it's at. Those that don't have patience and got out early may live to regret it.
I just see more doubts in bitcoin than ever before. This is primarily because of the price drop and a lot of scams happening, with BTC.
I have also seen people quit from BTC for that reason.

Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:32:59 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 03:41:38 AM by Snipe85

I invested in bitcoin, because I thought it's developing and should gain value. I don't care if it takes a year or 2 as long as it does. Since then it's been slowly, but surely going down...

LordSonjai (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:50:23 PM

I invested in bitcoin, because I thought it's developing and should gain value. I don't care if it takes a year or 2 as long as it does. Since then it's been slowely, but surely going down...

Are you surprised?I knew this would happen. I doubt it will go back down to 45 dollars however. Its gradually going up,not going to buy anymore however I feel like its going to take one more dive at a new low.
LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:02:42 AM

I invested in bitcoin, because I thought it's developing and should gain value. I don't care if it takes a year or 2 as long as it does. Since then it's been slowely, but surely going down...

Are you surprised?I knew this would happen. I doubt it will go back down to 45 dollars however. Its gradually going up,not going to buy anymore however I feel like its going to take one more dive at a new low.
Its still hard to say that. COuld sway either site. But since the price has dropped, buying has decreased. SO no fast increase or decrease will happen.

they have bitcoin set as a money transferring system can you believe that?
amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:04:45 AM

The main reason I invested in bitcoin was because of money. I am young so yes I need money. I have already got my investment back so don't really care about bitcoin price anymore. But of course I still have a few of bitcoins just in case it will go up again and we would be all happy  Grin
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

The main reason I invested in bitcoin was because of money. I am young so yes I need money. I have already got my investment back so don't really care about bitcoin price anymore. But of course I still have a few of bitcoins just in case it will go up again and we would be all happy  Grin

Nice strategy.
Getting your investment back ensures that even if bitcoin price goes to zero, you will not feel terrible.  Smiley
LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

Nice strategy.
Getting your investment back ensures that even if bitcoin price goes to zero, you will not feel terrible.  Smiley

YOU SOUND LIKE A PLAYER HATER,JS  SAYIN...

THE ODDS OF BITCOIN GOING TO 0 ARE HIGHY UNLIKELY.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 11:54:23 PM

I invest in bitcoin simple because I believe in this idea and vision behind bitcoin.
I really hope to get rid of banks, bank's loans etc, and achieve financial freedom and right now I think just bitcoin have the potential to help me achieve this.
Also, as early adopter, I really hope that this investment will help me later financially Smiley

Do you think your financial freedom will come if/when banks are gone?

The only way for you to achieve financial freedom is for you to break free of debt, make more money, and use that money to make you even more money.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 11:55:33 PM

Nice strategy.

YOU SOUND LIKE A PLAYER HATER,JS  SAYIN...

THE ODDS OF BITCOIN GOING TO 0 ARE HIGHY UNLIKELY.

Why do you say "highly unlikely"? I'd love to hear your thoughts, facts, and analysis on this opinion.

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 02:29:59 AM

I am investing now so that more and more bitcoin are in the mainstream and it can be established.

malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:49:12 AM

I invest in bitcoin simple because I believe in this idea and vision behind bitcoin.
I really hope to get rid of banks, bank's loans etc, and achieve financial freedom and right now I think just bitcoin have the potential to help me achieve this.
Also, as early adopter, I really hope that this investment will help me later financially Smiley

The only way for you to achieve financial freedom is for you to break free of debt, make more money, and use that money to make you even more money.
Bingo. There is a reason why the poor tend to stay poor and the rich tend to get more money. The rich are able to invest their money and get returns that exceed inflation while the poor tend to stay in debt with interest payments that exceed inflation

LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:37:09 AM

Bingo. There is a reason why the poor tend to stay poor and the rich tend to get more money. The rich are able to invest their money and get returns that exceed inflation while the poor tend to stay in debt with interest payments that exceed inflation

wait i am confused with your analogy the banks are what make us poor.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:34:27 AM

The government through taxes tries to reduce this.
hobala

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:04:07 AM

im invest in bitcoin because i know bitcoin is the future currency

AMHash
ASICMINERROCKMINER ● Purchase from: AMHash (20Th/s min) ● Havelock (1Gh/s min)
Cloud-mining contracts: 0.0012 BTC per Gh ● Maintenance fee: $0.001551 per Gh per day ● Upto 6% Christmas Bonus

malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:51:23 AM

The government through taxes tries to reduce this.
The liberals try to reduce income inequality via taxes/transfer payments, however they are often ineffective (more or less always ineffective). If you want your citizens to prosper you need to create economic opportunities

amytat

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:01:27 AM

Because bitcoin is currency of future , it's connecting with more places on the world , so you can buy/sell/exchange with everyone . So i think bitcoin is good currency which we should invest Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: