Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:27:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Paycoin (XPY) is scam  (Read 79517 times)
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 11:29:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w90SspSJSgs

Paycoin2 scam broken down around minute 6

I think you need to do more reading...

The very first comment was wrong, (there appears to be only 1 wallet staking at 350%.) Thats plain wrong.

The point was that only GAW is getting 350% a year in payouts.

that is not true:

@GAWCEO said:
> Depends on how the rounds go.
>
> The first round, 35 Prime controllers were bonded.
>
> 15 are ours
> 10 another company
> 2 X5 private investors
> and then a bunch of singles (I know one is a non profit)
>
> We own percentage of the total stake of those bonded primes. Thats what defined the stake rates for round 1.
>
> The next round may play out totally differently

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:43:10 PM

that is not true: I have Faith that GAW doesn't own all these prime controllers and Josh is speaking the truth:

@GAWCEO said:
> Depends on how the rounds go.
>
> The first round, 35 Prime controllers were bonded.
>
> 15 are ours
> 10 another company
> 2 X5 private investors
> and then a bunch of singles (I know one is a non profit)
>
> We own percentage of the total stake of those bonded primes. Thats what defined the stake rates for round 1.
>
> The next round may play out totally differently

Have there been any confirmed investors  who have these controllers?
So , no I am not 100% sure that there isn't a hidden investor that has a few of these 35 Prime controllers... but since I see no evidence that anyone but GAW and their employees own it and Josh has a history of dishonesty I will play it safe and believe that no outside investors own these prime controllers until there is evidence to show otherwise.
At most I see Josh giving some away to "partners" that help him with the propaganda like cryptocoinsnews.com.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:52:24 PM

inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:11:13 AM

https://coinfire.cf/2014/12/31/amazon-further-denies-paybase-gaw-miners-involvement/

Amazon Further Denies PayBase / GAW Miners Involvement

Quote from: Amazon
We will work aggressively to disable API calls from those attempting to avoid our account systems, those fulfilling orders that appear to come from Amazon, or those violating the Amazon Associates Program Operating Agreement.

Quote from: Amazon
Any piece of software, extension or other system which implies a partnership or intercepts customers or customer information is in direct violation of our terms and Amazon will act accordingly.

Massive Security Breach at Paybase
https://coinfire.cf/2014/12/31/massive-security-breach-at-paybase/

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:22:10 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 02:22:46 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:45:17 AM

Looks like Paycoin can be swapped at https://shapeshift.io/.

Good site for getting out while you can.

There's a list at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/. Most with volume have better rates than shapeshift, and you can place open orders. If you're in a hurry then shapeshift is best.
swansong

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:06:11 PM

MAX_MONEY is a sanity check on a tx, not the network size. I don't know why people don't grasp this.

PAYCOIN IS A SCAM LET'S TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE EVEN IF WE HAVE TO MAKE UP EVIDENCE.

Um... that.

an obvious one!
Creampuff

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:37:08 PM

MAX_MONEY is a sanity check on a tx, not the network size. I don't know why people don't grasp this.

PAYCOIN IS A SCAM LET'S TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE EVEN IF WE HAVE TO MAKE UP EVIDENCE.

Um... that.

an obvious one!

An obvious correct statement
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:07:17 PM

https://medium.com/@BTCtom/this-isnt-awesome-shit-it-isnt-gawsome-bfe1fe3f0347

So how do we stop this from causing even more damage?
We do the following…

Immediately cancel your ticket to BTC Miami if you have purchased one. I know this one might suck. Perform a chargeback, request a refund. Do, something. If you have already paid for travel go spend some time in Miami or work with others to organize a meetup. Don’t give money to a conference that is not only letting Josh Garza spread his scam but is now giving him an extra thirty minutes to do so.

Contact the other speakers at the BTC Miami event and let them know your displeasure that someone who said BTC isn’t viable is being allowed to speak about cryptocurrencies and that someone perpetrating the largest scam in cryptocurrency is being allowed to speak. Do these people associate themselves with this guy? Ask them.

Contact the sponsors of the BTC Miami event and ask them why they are associating themselves with an event promoting a known scammer.

Do not visit sites showing advertisements for this scam. If you see an advertisement for Paycoin, hashtalk, GAW Miners or any of the other Garza scams stop visiting them. Be sure to let them know why you won’t be visiting anymore via the site’s contact form. Fuck, the NEWSBTC site said people who are “against paycoin” are “cryptoextremists”. Are you a cryptoextremist now just because you disagree with Paycoin?

Don’t give reddit upvotes to any site that runs an advertisement for GAW Miners or Paycoins. Stop giving these people traffic who are helping to perpetuate the scam.

Don’t share on Facebook, Twitter, reddit or any other social network any site that pushes or promotes these scams. We have to stop sending traffic to places that might snag someone new in to this scam.

Creampuff

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:39:13 PM

https://medium.com/@BTCtom/this-isnt-awesome-shit-it-isnt-gawsome-bfe1fe3f0347

So how do we stop this from causing even more damage?
We do the following…

Immediately cancel your ticket to BTC Miami if you have purchased one. I know this one might suck. Perform a chargeback, request a refund. Do, something. If you have already paid for travel go spend some time in Miami or work with others to organize a meetup. Don’t give money to a conference that is not only letting Josh Garza spread his scam but is now giving him an extra thirty minutes to do so.

Contact the other speakers at the BTC Miami event and let them know your displeasure that someone who said BTC isn’t viable is being allowed to speak about cryptocurrencies and that someone perpetrating the largest scam in cryptocurrency is being allowed to speak. Do these people associate themselves with this guy? Ask them.

Contact the sponsors of the BTC Miami event and ask them why they are associating themselves with an event promoting a known scammer.

Do not visit sites showing advertisements for this scam. If you see an advertisement for Paycoin, hashtalk, GAW Miners or any of the other Garza scams stop visiting them. Be sure to let them know why you won’t be visiting anymore via the site’s contact form. Fuck, the NEWSBTC site said people who are “against paycoin” are “cryptoextremists”. Are you a cryptoextremist now just because you disagree with Paycoin?

Don’t give reddit upvotes to any site that runs an advertisement for GAW Miners or Paycoins. Stop giving these people traffic who are helping to perpetuate the scam.

Don’t share on Facebook, Twitter, reddit or any other social network any site that pushes or promotes these scams. We have to stop sending traffic to places that might snag someone new in to this scam.

Big words being thrown around here with very little actual evidence. and by evidence I do mean evidence, not baseless arguments, slander, rumor, hearsay, and articels by people that do not back up there claims with anything more then he said she said...

The only thing i've seen, read about is business practices that any business with a half decent team behind them would do

You all really need to grow up a little I think, or how about attacking Apple, Microsoft's, Starbucks business practices as well

No?
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:44:12 PM

Big words being thrown around here with very little actual evidence. and by evidence I do mean evidence, not baseless arguments, slander, rumor, hearsay, and articels by people that do not back up there claims with anything more then he said she said...

The only thing i've seen, read about is business practices that any business with a half decent team behind them would do

You all really need to grow up a little I think, or how about attacking Apple, Microsoft's, Starbucks business practices as well

No?

I attack Bitcoin businesses all the time for unscrupulous behavior, my post history and sig clearly shows that. We invite GAW to provide evidence to disprove its critics and vindicate itself from the evidence we are providing.

I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong and GAW to be a credible business.

There are very simple steps GAW can start with to regain credibility. First, it can prove it wasn't previously operating as a fractional reserve ponzi mining operation by showing more than 5PH of mining rig receipts and/or selling its existing equipment it no longer needs openly instead of secretly. Doing this would be easy to accomplish and only help GAW and their clients.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:01:46 PM

i invested my savings into this so i hope it works out, if it doesnt pump then i have nothing left i believe this could skyrocket to probably $150 or so all the signs say so, ill be rich soon i cant wait for the day, thank god for this coin thankyou guys Smiley

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought PayCoin was intended to be capped at $20 ?

Ok, since you asked, no its not capped at anything. On GAW's own site, they are providing a floor of $20. So no, not capped.

With the price floor gone, will they still have supporters?
"Sticking with you Josh. Let weaker hands fold and GTFO..."

Doesn't that sound way too much like what some people say about Bitcoin?   Shocked

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:04:08 PM

Obviously no proof, no substance, just some idiot trying to rally peasants witch pitchforks.
"Garza has a lot of money and despite our eforts making more money! He must be steling from you!"

You guys should follow this author, at the moment he's unpopular (4 followers) and needs your support. Cheesy

With the price floor gone, will they still have supporters?
"Sticking with you Josh. Let weaker hands fold and GTFO..."

Doesn't that sound way too much like what some people say about Bitcoin?   Shocked

It sure does.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Creampuff

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:09:21 PM

No?

I attack Bitcoin businesses all the time for unscrupulous behavior, my post history and sig clearly shows that. We invite GAW to provide evidence to disprove its critics and vindicate itself from the evidence we are providing.

I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong and GAW to be a credible business.

There are very simple steps GAW can start with to regain credibility. First, it can prove it wasn't previously operating as a fractional reserve ponzi mining operation by showing more than 5PH of mining rig receipts and/or selling its existing equipment it no longer needs openly instead of secretly. Doing this would be easy to accomplish and only help GAW and their clients.

Trust me I do agree with you on some of these points, I really do.
But we should try to remember how fast this industry is moving, and how fast businesses must move to keep up
Promises will inevitably be broken, announcements made and then things go wrong.
People that just call out "he said $20 but now its $7 SCAM PONZI. He said stuff would be released on such a date and it wasn't SCAM PONZI. Non of this helps the industry as a whole, its very much like children crying when they dont get what they want.

GAW Miners is around a year old company and it takes time to get things right, they have and will make many mistakes along the way, that's how we all learn.
No one seems to mention the things they have done though?

At the moment Paycoin is no 4 on http://coinmarketcap.com/

Paycoin is the top traded coin on Cryptsy ect, ect, ect

As to the post about the Miami Conference that you linked! surely the grown up thing to do would be to actively attend the conference and talk to the GAW staff yourself I'm sure they will be answering questions so why not ask those difficult question in person rather then avoid the Conference entirely? (smacks of cutting your nose off to spite your face).
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:17:54 PM

See how you dodged the central question?

Than you can start by encouraging GAW to provide the evidence and vindicate themselves, instead of cleaning up and hiding the evidence.

This video showing their single Aisle of ASICs purchased from one Bitmain order  
jmordica's Mining Statement: http://youtu.be/ZY284WtOd9A

was just removed minutes ago, coincidentally when a critic mentioned it.

Why don't they provide evidence to shut us up and show they weren't fractional reserve mining (AKA running a ponzi)? I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong.

Creampuff

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:23:21 PM

See how you dodged the central question?

Than you can start by encouraging GAW to provide the evidence and vindicate themselves, instead of cleaning up and hiding the evidence.

This video showing their single Aisle of ASICs purchased from one Bitmain order  
jmordica's Mining Statement: http://youtu.be/ZY284WtOd9A

was just removed minutes ago, coincidentally when a critic mentioned it.

Why don't they provide evidence to shut us up and show they weren't fractional reserve mining (running a ponzi)? I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong.

Oh come on now, I think if Josh Garza turned out to be Jesus Christ himself you'd find a Thread on Bitcointalk saying Jesus cured a blind man!! SCAM!  Grin

inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:26:31 PM

Oh come on now, I think if Josh Garza turned out to be Jesus Christ himself you'd find a Thread on Bitcointalk saying Jesus cured a blind man!! SCAM!  Grin

Being skeptical is good, especially with the prevalence of heists and scams in our ecosystem. Raise your standards and don't follow dangerous people whether they be that jesus guy or Josh.

Notice how you try and make a joke and dodge all the critical and important issues.... really funny , right? There goes their life's savings , their children's college fund, ... hehehhe... Roll Eyes

As to the post about the Miami Conference that you linked! surely the grown up thing to do would be to actively attend the conference and talk to the GAW staff yourself I'm sure they will be answering questions so why not ask those difficult question in person rather then avoid the Conference entirely? (smacks of cutting your nose off to spite your face).

No, it is far past that point and Josh has a lot of answering to be done to the community before we give him any bit of respect and show up at the conference. Don't try to pretend that he doesn't have the minute of time to vindicate himself with the question above because he wastes just as much time if not more than his critics on social platforms and his forums spreading propaganda.

Why don't they provide evidence to shut us up and show they weren't fractional reserve mining (running a ponzi)? I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong.

Creampuff

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:44:57 PM

Oh come on now, I think if Josh Garza turned out to be Jesus Christ himself you'd find a Thread on Bitcointalk saying Jesus cured a blind man!! SCAM!  Grin

Being skeptical is good, especially with the prevalence of heists and scams in our ecosystem. Raise your standards and don't follow dangerous people whether they be that jesus guy or Josh.

Notice how you try and make a joke and dodge all the critical and important issues.... really funny , right? There goes their life's savings , their children's college fund, ... hehehhe... Roll Eyes

No, it is far past that point and Josh has a lot of answering to be done to the community before we give him any bit of respect and show up at the conference. Don't try to pretend that he doesn't have the minute of time to vindicate himself with the question above because he wastes just as much time if not more than his critics on social platforms and his forums spreading propaganda.

Point 1: why are people investing their life savings in a company less then a year old? Invest what you can afford to loose if you think something has potential (common sense?)

Point 1: Why are people investing their children's college funds in a year old company (these parents clearly have no respect for their children?) Invest what you can afford to loose if you think something has potential (common sense?)

Point 2: Its not showing respect its getting your questions answered by getting of your arse's and getting them answered, and what better place to do that then a Conference where I'm sure they will be taking questions in front of the audience. No of course not, its far easier to type an article or 2 and start a few threads on some forums.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:57:37 PM

Point 1: why are people investing their life savings in a company less then a year old? Invest what you can afford to loose if you think something has potential (common sense?)

Point 1: Why are people investing their children's college funds in a year old company (these parents clearly have no respect for their children?) Invest what you can afford to loose if you think something has potential (common sense?)

Point 2: Its not showing respect its getting your questions answered by getting of your arse's and getting them answered, and what better place to do that then a Conference where I'm sure they will be taking questions in front of the audience. No of course not, its far easier to type an article or 2 and start a few threads on some forums.

Now you are blaming the victims ... great. Angry

Disclaimers aren't good enough, people need to raise their standards and conduct business more ethically.

The conference is giving a platform to GAW and josh to pump his scam and I will not prop that up for a chance to hear him avoid the tough questions like he can do so and has done so on the internet in front of a larger audience.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:21:46 PM

It's easier to eat pizza while writing a few posts about how such & such is scam and how such & such should go down. I think that's not the issue with just crypto but whole country. People don't want to help they want to cry just for the sake of crying.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: