Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Paycoin (XPY) is scam  (Read 79521 times)
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:42:54 AM

Examples of more false advertising. No one is spending XPY directly or indirectly at those retailers.

I find it rather odd that there are no other sponsors up in lights.

I find any Paybase advertising odd.

What is there to advertise? Gutted exchange? I guess it allows GAW to dump the premine quietly now off-chain, that's the only thing I can think of that could make it worth advertising.

All the other Paybase ads don't make any sense at all. What lifestyle? Where's Walmart?

It's pure illegal and scam, it's so misleading. they're selling Walmart, Target and Amazon gift card by some shitty site accepting paycoin and other coins but make it look like Walmart and Amazon are taking them serious or taking their coins. This is switch and bait which is illegal, in this ad people are assumed Walmart is accepting their coin or taking their merchant cart processing seriously but in reality some shitty site is selling Walmart gift card which take Paycoin and other coins
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:28:30 PM

Examples of more false advertising. No one is spending XPY directly or indirectly at those retailers.

What is there to advertise? Gutted exchange? I guess it allows GAW to dump the premine quietly now off-chain, that's the only thing I can think of that could make it worth advertising.

All the other Paybase ads don't make any sense at all. What lifestyle? Where's Walmart?

It's pure illegal and scam, it's so misleading. they're selling Walmart, Target and Amazon gift card by some shitty site accepting paycoin and other coins but make it look like Walmart and Amazon are taking them serious or taking their coins. This is switch and bait which is illegal, in this ad people are assumed Walmart is accepting their coin or taking their merchant cart processing seriously but in reality some shitty site is selling Walmart gift card which take Paycoin and other coins

Yes, that does seem extremely misleading and possibly illegal but I am not an expert in these areas so I can't say for sure.  We all need to email a copy of these ads and the websites they can be found on to someone at Walmart, Target, and Amazon and the consumer protection agency.  if there are laws being violated with these ads, it would put a smile on my face to see Josh get cease and desist orders, lawsuits, and fines shoved up his greedy ass.
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:10:53 PM

Call me cynical but it the price of paycoin being manipulated so it stays No 3, above Litecoin on coinbase?

Seems like Josh stops dumping his pre-mined coins as it gets close.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:25:57 PM

LMAO http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2srwfo/paycoin_paybase_josh_garza_talking_to_people_with/

He need bodygards  Grin

blksbth112

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:30:10 AM

Hey guys, I waited to post on this site until I can get the paycoin fanboy part of me destroyed. I want to post in a respectable way. I am invested in paycoin and can say there is no scam. Ill admit that at first there was too much talk and exitement and Josh admitted he made mistakes. But a group of people do hate gaw and dumped. That screwed the price. The reason he has bodyguards or whatever is because of threats. Paycoin is not going to fail and there is money to be made. Now may be the last chance to get in cheap. With that said, I love bitcoin. I hope the days come back where we can mine from home and make money. I got screwed by mtgox also. I understand people are on edge because there are a lot of scams. Each coin has their place. We need bitcoin. We need it because of the anonymity. Unfortunately these are hard times with the price drops. I didnt come here to say immature things like xpy will kill bitcoin or ask you to buy them. I just want to say lets have a little more respect and support all coins because they each have their place. Attack me if you wish but there is good information on this site and I would like to be a part of this community also. I love crypto.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:35:03 AM

The problem with XPY is the market sqeeze, or that 99% of the currency in circulation is in the hands of a few individuals. This allows them to manipulate the market in any way they wish, and inflate the currency at a maximum of 350% with their private "prime nodes". It is no different than the federal reserve, with extreme centralized control - which is something I think it would be wise to not get involved in.

edit: I believe there is only a 100,000 XPY in circulation out of the 12,350,000 XPY.
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:36:18 AM

The problem with XPY is the market sqeeze, or that 99% of the currency in circulation is in the hands of a few individuals. This allows them to manipulate the market in any way they wish, and inflate the currency at a maximum of 350% with their private "prime nodes". It is no different than the federal reserve, with extreme centralized control - which is something I think it would be wise to not get involved in.

Thank You,
Viz.

Yes, this would be the problem regardless of all the misleading statements and lies coming from GAW.

Hey guys, I waited to post on this site until I can get the paycoin fanboy part of me destroyed. I want to post in a respectable way. I am invested in paycoin and can say there is no scam. Ill admit that at first there was too much talk and exitement and Josh admitted he made mistakes. But a group of people do hate gaw and dumped. That screwed the price. The reason he has bodyguards or whatever is because of threats. Paycoin is not going to fail and there is money to be made. Now may be the last chance to get in cheap. With that said, I love bitcoin. I hope the days come back where we can mine from home and make money. I got screwed by mtgox also. I understand people are on edge because there are a lot of scams. Each coin has their place. We need bitcoin. We need it because of the anonymity. Unfortunately these are hard times with the price drops. I didnt come here to say immature things like xpy will kill bitcoin or ask you to buy them. I just want to say lets have a little more respect and support all coins because they each have their place. Attack me if you wish but there is good information on this site and I would like to be a part of this community also. I love crypto.

You won't be attacked by me or banned here.

What is your username on Hashtalk?
How much have you invested in Paycoin thus far?
Is your investment lower or higher in value at this point?

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:42:05 AM

Did Josh go to the Bitcoin conference afterall? Cause that would be balls of steel. I don't think there are really that many people that hate him, I don't own any XPY and never mined it so I troll a bit and make some jokes but hey, he's still taking charge so I guess it counts for something.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:50:28 AM

Did Josh go to the Bitcoin conference afterall? Cause that would be balls of steel. I don't think there are really that many people that hate him, I don't own any XPY and never mined it so I troll a bit and make some jokes but hey, he's still taking charge so I guess it counts for something.

He is there, but ran away from both the debate and solo Q/A session and hired 2 guards to protect his ass. So wouldn't consider that as someone with balls of steel.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 03:31:39 AM

paycoin is a shit scam coin, it have no innovation and nothing, it's just another basic altcoin. they're selling walmart, amazon and target giftcard but using their logo to hype their scam illegally. there will be no answer and no relationship from them to walmart, amazon and target. someone need to front him about using walmart, amazon and target logos illegally. they should using walmart, amazon and target in form of giftcard that is their product. someone need to report gaw illegal activity to walmart, target and amazon.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:58:32 AM

in this ad alone gaw/paycoin just commited corporate espionage. i'm sure walmart, amazon, and target going to take this seriously. gaw/paycoin is damaging these corporations image with their scam activity.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:20:52 AM

Paycoin just lost ~80%+ and then proceeded to (temporarily) more than triple in "value" from that low point.
All this happened in less than 1 hour:
Gotta' Love a coin that bounces!   Cheesy  

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:27:37 AM

I think what irritates me about this whole paycoin drama is there are legit and forward-thinking alt coins with developers working their ass off just struggling to even reach a half million dollar market cap while this con man manages to pull in thousands of btc volume in a day and market caps in the 8 figures range, people can lash out at Garza but it is the greedy whales who keep this scam propped up.
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:44:54 AM

Paycoin just lost ~80%+ and then proceeded to (temporarily) more than triple in "value" from that low point.

watch out there is going to be a "malleability bug" reported in the next 24 hours!  since PayBase was just pulled down to investigate what happened hahaha

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:05:22 AM

Could be related to this:

Multiple people cannot withdraw their BTC from paybase...

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29354/paybase-big-bug-can-t-withdraw-btc/39

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29290/do-not-buy-on-pay-base/45

Bug or feature? Wink

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 06:36:41 AM

They launched a feature to sell gift cards on Paybase and soon after that the XPY rate tanked. They claimed it's "manipulation", more likely a bug in the new feature. It's now back up and it looks like they reversed the trades that they didn't like. It's wonderful to own an exchange, isn't it? And it seems likely that they had order books stuffed with their own bots and sold their premined coins too cheap, otherwise why would they reverse it?

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29491
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:26:24 AM

when the court date is announced for subpoena xpy would go straight down to 0.0001
it's just too many illegal activities practiced/practicing going on with gaw/paycoin

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:32:46 AM

watch out there is going to be a "malleability bug" reported in the next 24 hours!  since PayBase was just pulled down to investigate what happened hahaha

Paycoin has lot of haters. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them tried to fck up their site. Someone was accumulating shit load of them last week he probably got scared and dumped all when he saw people reporting that error. It's back online though and I was able to get my hands on some at 0.012 Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:39:07 AM

watch out there is going to be a "malleability bug" reported in the next 24 hours!  since PayBase was just pulled down to investigate what happened hahaha

Paycoin has lot of haters. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them tried to fck up their site. It's back online though and I was able to get my hands on some at 0.012 Grin

Good for you. It's down again. "Haters" didn't release untested code into the site. There is a good reason why major exchanges don't sell gift cards or do some other side business on their websites. Every unnecessary feature is a risk. GAW is creating a portal that given their track record will have more holes than a truckload of Swiss cheese.
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:39:56 AM

1 crazy coin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: