Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Paycoin (XPY) is scam  (Read 79522 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 9000

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 12:46:13 AM

Its finally happening. The wheels of justice move slowly but the day of reckoning is upon Josh and GAW.

LOL, I am a new member and will probably be ignored, But I stumbled across this thread and read it mostly. Doesn't that picture look ODDLY photoshopped. I am not arguing XPY is a scam or whatever, we all have our opinions but, really? A photoshopped GOVT doc? How can anyone take that serious? Besides that carry on!  Cool

New member or not, when you state something like that it helps to be more specific. Which part looks photoshopped to you?
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:50:46 AM

LOL, I am a new member and will probably be ignored, But I stumbled across this thread and read it mostly. Doesn't that picture look ODDLY photoshopped. I am not arguing XPY is a scam or whatever, we all have our opinions but, really? A photoshopped GOVT doc? How can anyone take that serious? Besides that carry on!  Cool

Of course it is photoshopped... do you not see the large black squares for privacy over the scanned document? This looks exactly like many of the documents I have seen scanned in and matches what one would expect for a search warrant.

I believe you mean to insinuate that it may be completely fallacious and coinfire is simply making everything up. This would be slander and I encourage Josh, GAW, and paybase to take anyone lying to court for slander or simply provide some credible evidence backing up his side of the story. (Proof of 100 million CAF, receipts for all ASICs covering 100% of "cloud mining", ect...)  

Supposedly, Josh is hiring a crack legal team to do exactly this from what I hear... good for him if he is being sincere and not just bluffing.

rrocket66

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:56:57 AM

Its finally happening. The wheels of justice move slowly but the day of reckoning is upon Josh and GAW.

LOL, I am a new member and will probably be ignored, But I stumbled across this thread and read it mostly. Doesn't that picture look ODDLY photoshopped. I am not arguing XPY is a scam or whatever, we all have our opinions but, really? A photoshopped GOVT doc? How can anyone take that serious? Besides that carry on!  Cool

New member or not, when you state something like that it helps to be more specific. Which part looks photoshopped to you?

Ok I was going to point it out in the image here, but due to compression and obvious reasons will say this. Go to the source site. DL it and open it in your favorite Picture editor(paint works, lol) Zoom in specifically on the "In the mattter Search of" part and look at that pixelation of those letters vs the pixelation of the email addresses. Not only is the color wrong, but the pixel draw or the identical letters are filled differently.

I am not going to sit here and spew how "PRO" I am, But I am in the industry and that looks obviously, and poorly, PSed.

Just my .02, flame me if you want.

I would love to see a Real doc. Don't know why they have to shop it.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:06:06 AM

Ok I was going to point it out in the image here, but due to compression and obvious reasons will say this. Go to the source site. DL it and open it in your favorite Picture editor(paint works, lol) Zoom in specifically on the "In the mattter Search of" part and look at that pixelation of those letters vs the pixelation of the email addresses. Not only is the color wrong, but the pixel draw or the identical letters are filled differently.

I am not going to sit here and spew how "PRO" I am, But I am in the industry and that looks obviously, and poorly, PSed.

I did such and it looks perfectly fine.

It is normal for such legal documents to use multiple fonts and would be quite understandable that the lawyers drawing up the document copy and pasted the email addresses in the warrant form and carried over the original font of the email addresses.

Here are some other examples to show you there isn't standard fonts used and many warrants include multiple fonts and styles on the same page:

http://www.stevemiller4lasvegas.com/OliveraArrestWarrant.jpg
http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim2/2013/05/09/atf.png
http://www.planebuzz.com/search-warrant-page1.gif
https://wikileaks.org/w/images/thumb/7/73/Liberty-dollar-warrant-page-1.jpg/768px-Liberty-dollar-warrant-page-1.jpg

rrocket66

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:14:48 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 01:24:59 AM by rrocket66

I did such and it looks perfectly fine.

It is normal for such legal documents to use multiple fonts and would be quite understandable that the lawyers drawing up the document copy and pasted the email addresses in the warrant form and carried over the original font of the email addresses.

That would mean he was released the Original document... not a copy. Copy machines use the same ink no matter what font. If he was sent a color document which would explain the variation, but still Black is Black. If that were the case of an original Document, that would lead to what I see as a bigger problem... A govt agency releasing personal documents to a public organization. But I have no experience there, that may be common practice.

Thanks for posting those images. That backs up what im trying to say. See how the texture and color is the same throughout. So they are Copies. Our CF doc is either an original or a color copy doc which is next to never done. Why scan a BW doc in color? just seems weird. As I said, Carry on.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:26:48 AM

That would mean he was released the Original document... not a copy. Copy machines use the same ink no matter what font. If he was sent a color document which would explain the variation, but still Black is Black. If that were the case of an original Document, that would lead to what I see as a bigger problem... A govt agency releasing personal documents to a public organization. But I have no experience there, that may be common practice.

Yes, it is quite common for lawyers, government employees, private employees to leak documents to journalists as long as they protect their sources. If I was working on this case I would do exactly that with the express intention of warning the public to avoid this scam while at the same time trying not to reveal too much information about an ongoing investigation.

Why scan a BW doc in color? just seems weird. As I said, Carry on.

These are journalists , not photoshop experts. The default setting on most scanner software is full color. They likely received a black and white copy that they scanned in color because it is easier to simply click scan than change the settings to scan in monochrome. This is normal and not weird at all.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 9000

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 01:53:07 AM

Just my .02, flame me if you want.

I would love to see a Real doc. Don't know why they have to shop it.

The serif font is part of what looks like a standard warrant form. The sans-serif font is what somebody (SEC clerk?) filled-in. To me it doesn't look any different than many other govt docs I've seen or have filled out.

http://i.snag.gy/fQGqY.jpg
rrocket66

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:37:46 AM

You proved my point again. if you look at your zoom in, the "@btc.com" has fill from another background(around the c, in the c and the o). That was missed in the pastework/white back fill.  Zoom in on any other of the docs posted by inBitwetrust and you will see that anomaly doesnt exist in them. It only happens in a copy paste situation. NOT a document scan, copy, or color copy from original document.

Like I said, you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but that doc is DEFINITELY fake. Trust me, this thread would be WAY cooler with a real document. Can we get the original or the "page 2" of that doc, even if it is blacked out?
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:50:42 AM

Like I said, you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but that doc is DEFINITELY fake.

No need to discuss it further because this statement proves you have no idea what you are talking about or just a shill(new account and all) trying to subtly create doubt.

Any photoshop expert will tell you that you can never be absolutely sure a low resolution image is real or fake(unless there is something glaringly impossible in the image). At most a document could be suspected as being doctored.

We get it, you think the document is a forgery. In such a case I recommend Josh and GAW take legal action. I seriously doubt they will, being that doing so will force them to uncover all the other lies and they have enough worries as is with these departments investigating them.

I also recommend Josh and GAW(whats left of them) to take legal action against me if they suspect that I am knowingly spreading false information. I am prepared to defend my reputation.

rrocket66

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:08:45 AM

Like I said, you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but that doc is DEFINITELY fake.

No need to discuss it further because this statement proves you have no idea what you are talking about or just a shill(new account and all) trying to subtly create doubt.

Any photoshop expert will tell you that you can never be absolutely sure a low resolution image is real or fake(unless there is something glaringly impossible in the image). At most a document could be suspected as being doctored.

We get it, you think the document is a forgery. In such a case I recommend Josh and GAW take legal action. I seriously doubt they will, being that doing so will force them to uncover all the other lies and they have enough worries as is with these departments investigating them.

I also recommend Josh and GAW(whats left of them) to take legal action against me if they suspect that I am knowingly spreading false information. I am prepared to defend my reputation.

I have stated multiple times I am for your cause. Just think it would be a better idea to base a better argument on something real, not fake. Sometimes the mind makes you see whatever you want to see, or however the saying goes.

As for the shill comment, that is one reason why I am "newbie" here and said multiple times just stating a fact, take it as you will. I only created this account as I was trying to comment on an Antminer deal, check my history. I have been a long time lurker though. The shill card is pulled pretty heavy here, and pretty often. So, I'll take it I guess??  That is pretty similar to a tactic Hitler would use though. Shut down the threat with a smearing and class degrading swiftness to get others onboard, as opposed to look at something with an open mind.

As I said a few times before, carry on.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:38:20 AM

I have stated multiple times I am for your cause. Just think it would be a better idea to base a better argument on something real, not fake. Sometimes the mind makes you see whatever you want to see, or however the saying goes.

As I originally stated, I also believe it is photoshopped ... but to protect the sources and not a complete forgery. You seem to be under the impression that one can be absolutely sure an image is photoshopped or not which I disagree with as we can only suspect this document is photoshopped and what the intentions and what parts are manipulated within it are. That is all...

I am not going to sidetrack the conversation further with a complete discussion of photo analysis. Thanks for your input and lets have the users decide and Josh pursue legal action if he has been wronged.

djemphol

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:39:43 AM

I still have a few of those coins left, and I would like to dump them asap. However, the fcking wallet seems to get stuck every time I try to download the blockchain. When I use a bootstrap, I get some 'fatal error' when starting the wallet. Any1 can help me out?

| xrp | xcp |
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:50:46 PM

I still have a few of those coins left, and I would like to dump them asap. However, the fcking wallet seems to get stuck every time I try to download the blockchain. When I use a bootstrap, I get some 'fatal error' when starting the wallet. Any1 can help me out?

I have problem wit block 8045,wallet is stuck.I have reinstall wallet,fresh install,delete wallet,delete all folder,delete blk0001.dat....Any help?

Try this. At your own risk. If you get infected or have all your coins stolen - not my fault.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/34858
Thank you

djemphol

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:10:39 PM

I have problem wit block 8045,wallet is stuck.I have reinstall wallet,fresh install,delete wallet,delete all folder,delete blk0001.dat....Any help?

Try this. At your own risk. If you get infected or have all your coins stolen - not my fault.

Thank you

Thanks alot

| xrp | xcp |
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:25:31 PM

As I originally stated, I also believe it is photoshopped ... but to protect the sources and not a complete forgery.

If it were a forgery, the forger made a very wrong move: it'd provide the perfect opportunity for Josh et. al. to howl about being "persecuted." Myself, I'm presuming that it's genuine. Every time Coinfire's published documents evincing legal action against Josh et. al., they've has been accused of fakery. And so far, Coinfire's Paycoin stuff has proved to be genuine. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:25:58 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 07:17:18 PM by inBitweTrust

Some people were briefly able to make deposits and withdrawls at paybase and zencloud... now it appears down again-

https://hashtalk.org/topic/35126/sell-orders-and-buy-orders-disabled-on-paybase/2

Extremely unstable development. All paycoin users advised to store their XPY themselves but even the QT wallet is unstable -

Freighting to say this but one of the most secure location to store your paycoin may be in outside exchange wallets like cryptsy which just seems so wrong to suggest...

Moderators, admins and devs from paycoin now make plans to send poo to us illegally.

Hopefully they are joking but awfully immature when they should be focusing on their "stability" problems with their code.

carlbrabant

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:39:01 PM

Cryptobubble=paycoin.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:51:01 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/josh-garza-releases-a-hit-list-of-media-outlets/

Rather than baking up his claims with evidence and becoming more transparent or using his lawyers to send a cease and desist notice as he claimed he would fund he would be doing he begs the few followers left to attack the media. I suppose the first one could expose more lies and the 2nd option costs real money and he rather not let a team of lawyers steal money he worked really hard to con people out of.

Pathetic.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:58:54 PM

Paybase blog down:

https://ghost.org/suspended/

Josh says that paybase is being shutdown and to withdraw your XPY and BTC but many still cannot process withdrawls :

https://hashtalk.org/topic/35166/paybase-market/2

Is this a delay tactic to prevent some of the XPY from being sold and BTC from being withdrawn?

If you finally do manage to withdraw your XPY do not store any of it in a GAW exchange or online bank. Store it locally or in a thrid party exchange. There have been to many mistakes, bugs, and security breaches over the last 3 months for them to have any credibility in securing your coins. Better yet, sell your XPY now or during the next pump (which looks like now to be honest)

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:58:20 PM

Paybase blog down:

https://ghost.org/suspended/

Josh says that paybase is being shutdown and to withdraw your XPY and BTC but many still cannot process withdrawls :

https://hashtalk.org/topic/35166/paybase-market/2

Is this a delay tactic to prevent some of the XPY from being sold and BTC from being withdrawn?

If you finally do manage to withdraw your XPY do not store any of it in a GAW exchange or online bank. Store it locally or in a thrid party exchange. There have been to many mistakes, bugs, and security breaches over the last 3 months for them to have any credibility in securing your coins. Better yet, sell your XPY now or during the next pump (which looks like now to be honest)

I have heard that their wallet is also broken so that may not be an option to withdraw it locally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: