Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450906 times)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:51:57 PM

First, shut up. Stop hanging on every little word one guy says in the hopes you can call him out on insignificant crap, and try to actually help people when they have questions instead. Say something productive, or at least germane to the conversation.

Second, coincidence or not, what matters is that Bitmain's warranty office still exists and actually responds to problems in a timely manner. Maybe they put the office next to Minersource because it's roughly centrally located on the continent and near to the largest distributor on the continent, but that doesn't matter anymore with Minersource moved off and gone silent. As long as they're still fulfilling the needs of the people, who cares who used to be in the office next door?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:19:22 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 03:10:09 PM by BitmainWarranty

3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207

This is a little mail box that S3 control PCB in a small box won't even fit.  Just one of the cluster mailboxes out for rent.

This is a building that house Panera Bread and UPS Store.  

Many other Bitcoin Companies in Colorado actually use this physical address except everyone's Unit100-xxx be different

P.S:

Also, now there is a walk-in drop off and pickup is available for Bitmain Product Warranty Services at below address

Denver Bitcoin Center
747 Sheridan Blvd #5b, Lakewood, CO 80214
(720) 441-3388

*It can be dropped off virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Prefer 8am-10pm range, so the local hardcore mining guys and gal can utilize it before or after work, without worrying about missing the work day.

With an advanced appointment, you can always meet our techs who work on your miner.

Denver is the hub for internationally located staffs and techs who answer telephone, live chat, tickets and some invoicing issues if you or your business have a must reason to purchase the hardware within the continental USA.  Warranty Parts are globally positioned and managed from Denver to better serve you no matter where you are.  (And better yet, it is operational 24 hours a day on most of the part of the year including the national holiday)

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:37:42 PM

This may have been covered somewhere in this thread, but it is the first time I've had to use it so here goes:
Why does the S5 ship with the cgminer API privelleges turned on by default? Or, is it the case that being on a home / private network there are no access /security issues that can be borne out of that setting being turned on? For what its worth, both th S3 and S1 shipped with the privelleged access tuned off.

toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:53:44 PM

This may have been covered somewhere in this thread, but it is the first time I've had to use it so here goes:
Why does the S5 ship with the cgminer API privelleges turned on by default? Or, is it the case that being on a home / private network there are no access /security issues that can be borne out of that setting being turned on? For what its worth, both th S3 and S1 shipped with the privelleged access tuned off.

it's strange i know and you really can't turn it off on a S5 unless you use a modded firmware it may be safer to leave it on . or you can turn it off but if you reboot or turn off the S5 it comes back on not sure if that's a bug or not .some one said i read some place you can't because they use the same memory used in SSD with the S5 and up .
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:57:25 PM

3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207

This is a little mail box that S3 control PCB in a small box won't even fit.  Just one of the cluster mailboxes out for rent.

This is a building that house Panera Bread and UPS Store.  

Many other Bitcoin Companies in Colorado actually use this physical address except everyone's Unit100-xxx be different

P.S:

Also, now there is a walk-in drop off and pickup is available for Bitmain Product Warranty Services at below address

Denver Bitcoin Center
747 Sheridan Blvd #5b, Lakewood, CO 80214
(720) 441-3388

*It can be dropped off virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Prefer 8am-10pm range, so the local hardcore mining guys and gal can utilize it before or after work, without worrying about missing the work day.

With an advanced appointment, you can always meet our techs who work on your miner.

Denver is the hub for internationally located staffs and techs who answer telephone, live chat, tickets and some invoicing issues if you or your business have a must reason to purchase the hardware within the continental USA.  Warranty Parts are globally positioned and managed from Denver to better serve you no matter where you are.  (And better yet, it is operational 24 hours a day on most of the part of the year including the national holiday)

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.

Same way in Maryland  kind of or same set up . you can use the post office here 24/7 and they do drop boxes all most the same or similar in Maryland.
ThatsMe

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:09:20 PM

Colorado

That explains a lot.

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.

Gun stores provide Guns and ammo. Does that mean that I should start shooting up the place because they made the guns and ammo available to be used? There's a time and place for everything. I feel as a representative of a business you should not be using them. I own a small online store. I have 8 people working for me. Two of them work the different social media outlets. I would fire them if they used emoticons. When they respond to customers to address a problem or explain a product or anything else they represent my company. On their own facebook or twitter accounts I don't care what they choose to post. Now, if my business was to make and sell emoticons, then I would emoticon every post or update I made, but I don't, so I don't. I would like for my customers if they do run into a problem with my product to believe that they could contact me and get the problem resolved, instead of asking for help and getting  Grin Grin Grin as a response.

But you know it's just my opinion. I have no confidence in clowns, and that is what I feel your portraying Bitmain Tech as. Until I see a change I will not place any orders with Bitmain, because if for any reason I do have an issue with their product I don't want  Grin Grin Grin as a response to me losing money.

I have said my peace and will not make any further comments on this issue. Yes, it is an issue whether you believe it to be or not. I know some people are placing orders with Bitmain because they are the only one taking orders right now. I hope no has any problems with the equipment they have ordered. good luck to everyone in their mining adventures.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:15:44 PM

Holy cow, people.  Overreact much?  So they used an emoticon on an online forum, you think this reflects poorly on them as a business?  Get over yourselves.  You all are the same people that I see day after day getting pissed off and supposedly fed up with the littlest things that have no bearing whatsoever on your life.

Maybe if you used emoticons in your professional lives more often you'd be less uptight.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

My BTC.02:
I agree that the communication from Bitmain is unprofessional overall but I'm willing to overlook it for the small transactions I do with them.

However, when I send my S5 back for repair to the CO location 2 months ago the turnaround was fast (sent on Monday had it back by Friday or Sat) and the unit now works perfectly.

While I don't know what happened to Minersource, a couple months ago when I could not get my Ant U3 unit working and Bitmain would not RMA it because I didn't buy it from them, the Minersource guys stepped up and sent me 2 new units for free. That's outstanding.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:31:34 PM

Maybe if you used emoticons in your professional lives more often you'd be less uptight.

emoticons professional

Especially when you're being bent over a barrel with pricing shenanigans, and ineffective responses to support tickets.
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 08:45:21 PM

Gun stores provide Guns and ammo. Does that mean that I should start shooting up the place because they made the guns and ammo available to be used?

You also get storms, thunderstorms, snowstorms, icestorms, cyclones, hurricanes, blizzards etc
But did you know there is something known to man by the name of a storm in a teacup? To be fair, I've never heard of a cyclone in a teacup and neither a hurricane in a teacup nor a blizzard in a teacup.

I've just added a thermalright TR TY-143 fan in a pull configuration (with blue wire hack aka full pelt) in conjuction with a stock S3 fan in push (PWM) and been running for just over 3hrs. Seems to be holding well overclocked to 412 temps 50,53. The thermalright's specs are 600-2500 rpm, 31-133 CFM and 21-45 dBA (so by my hack I am running it at the top end of those specs .... though despite the hack cgminer api reports an RPM of between 2280 and 2400).

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:30:50 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 10:58:25 PM by TrevorS

emoticons professional

Especially when you're being bent over a barrel with pricing shenanigans, and ineffective responses to support tickets.
I don't care about emoticons, but I do care about jacking the price around and then refusing to refund the difference resulting from my BTC order being the day before the ensuing price drop.  If I accepted biting the bullet on paying the $419, then Bitmain has no business refusing to refund the difference at $369.  What good are two coupons that require another dual S5 purchase given:

1) My plans include no further S5 purchases (have four including the two just ordered).
2) I have no more BTC at this time (I'm a fixed income home miner, not a data center).
3) The coupons are only good for about half a month.

What kind of reputable business doesn't honor its own pricing?  Since when does a limited time/limited target coupon equal refund?  If the price difference were even held in account, it would be something, but these damn coupons are useless to me.  Bend over is right!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:17:51 PM

emoticons professional

I don't care about emoticons, but I do care about jacking the price around and then refusing to refund the difference resulting from my BTC order being the day before the ensuing price drop.  If I accepted biting the bullet on paying the $419, then Bitmain has no business refusing to refund the difference at $369.  What good are two coupons that require another dual S5 purchase given:

1) My plans include no further S5 purchases (have four including the two just ordered).
2) I have no more BTC at this time (I'm a fixed income home miner, not a data center).
3) The coupons are only good for about half a month.

What kind of reputable business doesn't honor its own pricing?  Since when does a limited time/limited target coupon equal refund?  If the price difference were even held in account, it would be something, but these damn coupons are useless to me.  Bend over is right!

i had this same problem last week at my local gas station.. i filled up my car almost 45$ worth of gas, the next day i drove by the place and gas had went down nearly 10c..
also last month, i got a few dress shirts from my local suit store. the next week they went on buy one get 2 free..

of course when i went in , they wouldn't give me my money back..

so um.. its common practice for business to not refund when things go on sale.
TrevorS

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:28:33 PM

i had this same problem last week at my local gas station.. i filled up my car almost 45$ worth of gas, the next day i drove by the place and gas had went down nearly 10c..
also last month, i got a few dress shirts from my local suit store. the next week they went on buy one get 2 free..

The dumbest post I've read in ages.  I'm duly impressed!  The $369 is not a "sale" price, it's their latest adjusted standard price.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 11:44:47 PM

The dumbest post I've read in ages.  I'm duly impressed!  The $369 is not a "sale" price, it's their latest adjusted standard price.

You agreed to $419 when you purchased the items, the price the day before, the day after or any other day is irrelevent to your agreement. Anyway, Bitmain offering coupons - which are a gift and not a requirement - are as good as cash. You can sell those coupons to others if you don't want to use them yourself.

TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:09:06 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 12:23:04 AM by TrevorS

You agreed to $419 when you purchased the items, the price the day before, the day after or any other day is irrelevent to your agreement. Anyway, Bitmain offering coupons - which are a gift and not a requirement - are as good as cash. You can sell those coupons to others if you don't want to use them yourself.
Exactly the attitude that makes BTC appear supremely suspect as a medium of commerce.  The recipient clearly has no responsibility to provide equitable value!  It was Bitmain that recognized the correct market price was actually $369, I'm part of that market!   Further, the coupon can only be sold at a significant discount, so basically, when buying from Bitmain, it's a lottery on the price, and expect limited value for any compensation you can't make use of.  Guess I was wrong Dogie, you are purely a lackey of Bitmain!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:35:21 AM

Exactly the attitude that makes BTC appear supremely suspect as a medium of commerce.
Its nothing to do with Bitcoin, see Amazon.com example below.

Guess I was wrong Dogie, you are purely a lackey of Bitmain!
I'm giving you my opinion, not Bitmain's. You don't have to agree with it.

The coupon can only be sold at a significant discount
You can get near face value for the voucher, just list it for sale.

it's a lottery on the price, and expect limited value for any compensation you can't make use of

Think of Amazon and how their changes their prices every few minutes, only the other week I ordered something then it dropped $5. I'm not entitled to compensation. And its not a lottery, the price you see is the price you pay should you choose to buy. Customers were complaining the price was too high, and so it was lowered. If we all tried to set a price at once or kept it level or moved it up and down willy nilly then we'd get nowhere. 467,149 cooks spoil the broth.

TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:47:46 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 12:58:35 AM by TrevorS

Think of Amazon and how their changes their prices every few minutes, only the other week I ordered something then it dropped $5. I'm not entitled to compensation. And its not a lottery, the price you see is the price you pay should you choose to buy. Customers were complaining the price was too high, and so it was lowered. If we all tried to set a price at once or kept it level or moved it up and down willy nilly then we'd get nowhere. 467,149 cooks spoil the broth.

Last week demonstrated the Bitmain price to be a lottery for sure, the variable being which day/hour you purchase!

I've ordered many an item from Amazon, and the price variation is very small, though admittedly fun to shoot for the low.  $50 out of $420 isn't small!  Multiply by two and it's a major hit.  Purchase by any other means at any mainstreet store, and you'd receive a refund for the difference!  Of course, by your opinion, Bitmain should be exempt (must be nice to have your financial resources).

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

I think that people need a situation with a healthy competition, otherwise it all comes to bickering on price.
I also think that a 5Th 1000w machine at a reasonable price would be nice (Or 6th at 1200w).
A machine that does not produce more than 60-65db of noise.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:02:07 AM

I've never seen someone get a price difference refund that wasn't the vendor deciding to be nice. It's not required. You agreed to buy at $419 so they charge you $419. The guy having issues when he bought at $320 and they're asking him to resubmit his sale at the $369 price has the same problem - he's unwilling to purchase at $369 because they agreed to sell at $320. Just like he shouldn't be asked to pay the difference for their price change after his purchase, you shouldn't be asking to pay the (negative) difference for their price change after your purchase. All Bitmain is required to do is honor the transaction as it was made. I agree the price sucks balls but it's the price both parties agreed to.

If anyone except Dogie had applied the same logic, would you have reacted in the same way? Hating on someone for occasionally being right even if it hurts your feelings is stupid.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:05:16 AM

I think that people need a situation with a healthy competition, otherwise it all comes to bickering on price.
I also think that a 5Th 1000w machine at a reasonable price would be nice (Or 6th at 1200w).
A machine that does not produce more than 60-65db of noise.
Valid point!  A problem with buying an S5 is I have to invest an additional $50 in two S3 fans and two 6" PWM adapters in order to make the noise livable.  To be hit for an additional $50 relative to the current price from Bitmain is far from a charming eventuality.

PS.  $50 is not bickering to me, it's serious money!

I've never seen someone get a price difference refund that wasn't the vendor deciding to be nice. It's not required. You agreed to buy at $419 so they charge you $419. The guy having issues when he bought at $320 and they're asking him to resubmit his sale at the $369 price has the same problem - he's unwilling to purchase at $369 because they agreed to sell at $320. Just like he shouldn't be asked to pay the difference for their price change after his purchase, you shouldn't be asking to pay the (negative) difference for their price change after your purchase. All Bitmain is required to do is honor the transaction as it was made. I agree the price sucks balls but it's the price both parties agreed to.
As I said to Dogie, that is not the way mainstreet works.  If that's BTC reality, then forget about general populace acceptance of BTC.
If anyone except Dogie had applied the same logic, would you have reacted in the same way?
Yes!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: