Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:24:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450930 times)
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:51:30 PM

Westhash still paying pretty good? What's the price you use in the password line?
NiceHash/WestHash payout depends on their hash sales -- always in a state of flux and often less good than mining BTC directly, but happily often not.  My payout threshold depends on current BTC Difficulty and so I change it every two weeks.  My current value is "p=.0109".  It'll change again by Monday coming.

I was going to give it a try, but doesn't going back and forth on your primary pool reduce your return? I also don't have the time to keep checking prices and values, nor where to look to know what number to enter in. More reading to do. I've been doing a lot of screening the forums so I missed a lot on the Westhash stuff.
I'm not pushing it, but it works for me.  Generally, there's a distinct period of time when there's an advantage to selling your hash Vs mining directly. However, it's important to have your threshold set appropriately, and so if that in itself is an issue, probably best to take some other route!  I calculate my threshold off of Eligius, others probably have their own approaches.  Ultimately, it's a question of what works best for you.  This may not be a good fit.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:35:05 PM

I am concerned that bitmain has my coin but havent responded with a confirmation that I paid (even though my payment shows it went in 5 minutes after I ordered it) - does this mean they are going to take my money and not give me the product I ordered?

I have the same problem today, I paid by BTC at around 2:30PM , it is now more than 3 hours later and my order shows up as unpaid and expired. I used my blockchain.info wallet because I think Bitmain also uses Blockchain.info wallets... anyway I emailed them and opened a ticket but have not heard anything back. I do have screenshots of the transaction and of the block explorer showing the exact sum in their payment wallet.

bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:57:30 PM

By the way if anybody is having trouble using the IP Reporter utility or doesn't use windows I made a simple ruby command line version that seems to worker better for me.
You just press the button as shown on page 5 of the user guide and the script should print out the miners IP and MAC address.
You need to be on the same broadcast network as the miner since the button just makes the miner send out a simple UDP broadcast with the IP and MAC.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ruby
require 'socket'
client = UDPSocket.new
client.bind('0.0.0.0', 14235)
last_miner = Array.new
loop do
data, addr = client.recvfrom(1024)
miner = data.split(",")
if last_miner.include?(miner[1]) == false
puts "miner has IP " + miner[0]
puts "miner has MAC " + miner[1]
end
last_miner.push(miner[1])
end

Mining Software Developer.
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:02:41 PM

I am concerned that bitmain has my coin but havent responded with a confirmation that I paid (even though my payment shows it went in 5 minutes after I ordered it) - does this mean they are going to take my money and not give me the product I ordered?

I have the same problem today, I paid by BTC at around 2:30PM , it is now more than 3 hours later and my order shows up as unpaid and expired. I used my blockchain.info wallet because I think Bitmain also uses Blockchain.info wallets... anyway I emailed them and opened a ticket but have not heard anything back. I do have screenshots of the transaction and of the block explorer showing the exact sum in their payment wallet.

As long as its confirmed on the blockchain, you're fine.  They'll take care of you.
Lexis77

Activity: 830
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:50:02 PM

One person, today recieve BrandNEW S5 from 5th batch... look (right blade)

▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
   ▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
   ▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
●  Over 630 Cards
●  32 Heroes in 7 Classes
●  Innovative Dual System
●  Balanced & Varied
●  Great Community
●  FREE to play
[]   ▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
HarryJohnson

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:59:46 PM

https://forum.bits.media/uploads/monthly_04_2015/post-22364-0-66851800-1427885104.jpg

That kind of pisses me off. You pay for something you expect it to be new. WTF? I bet that right miner has been used for at least a month. It is a completely different design too. Isn't there some kind of consumer protection that you are expected to receive NEW and UNUSED hardware? No where is it stated that the hardware is used or refurbished. Looks like Antminer is trying to slip in used miners. That's a whole level of low and just bad business practice.

Can Bitmaintech share with us why your loyal buyers are getting used hardware?

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3971

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:17:57 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 11:29:11 PM by Biodom

Got some success with a new fan: AFB1212SH (notice that it is NOT a SHE, but SH), which is a 120X120x25mm fan, much lighter.
see http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/dcfans/download/pdf/AFB/AFB120x120x25.4mm.pdf
I only used it in push, will try push-pull later and see if I can boost mining to 1200GH or even higher.
The fan is supposed to be just 46db, bit in reality miner is at 60db at one foot distance. It has a very reasonable sound-wooshing, not banging or whining.
60db vs 72dB with default fan is very very noticeable. the home is much quieter now.
This fan produces an airflow of 113CFM, which is slightly better than Noctua 3000 for 40% of the price and the same or better noise profile.
As you can see, I got 1150Gh with ONLY 3000 rpm (see picture) at ambient 29-30C (my mining room is hot) and reasonable machine temp (59-62C).
the best is that you can get one from slovakia or china for $12.99-13.99 or two from slovakia for $20-21 shipped (or ~$10.5/fan).
the bad news is that it took the item 5wk to get here from slovakia
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-AFB1212SH-Delta-Computer-Case-Power-FAN-120x120x25mm-12V-0-8A-Speed-Control-/131340504690
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-fan-AFB1212SH-12CM-12025-120-120-25MM-12V-0-80A-Cooling-Fan-Good-Quality-/181703501814

in addition, the sleeve is too short for the cheaper fan from slovakia (chinese fan has a long connector, but i used slovakian's), so you have to get a PWM extension cable on Amazon or elsewhere-cost $2-3.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:28:55 PM

That kind of pisses me off. You pay for something you expect it to be new. WTF? I bet that right miner has been used for at least a month. It is a completely different design too. Isn't there some kind of consumer protection that you are expected to receive NEW and UNUSED hardware? No where is it stated that the hardware is used or refurbished. Looks like Antminer is trying to slip in used miners. That's a whole level of low and just bad business practice.

It's probably from one of their data centers.  They mine with them for a while until the machine paid for itself (not long since cost = manufacturer's cost) and then resell at full retail.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:33:10 PM

don't worry yet. if tx is on the blockchain, they will adjust it manually within 24 hr.
HarryJohnson

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:52:57 PM

It's probably from one of their data centers.  They mine with them for a while until the machine paid for itself (not long since cost = manufacturer's cost) and then resell at full retail.

So no cares? Everyone here just talking about fans. I think they are missing the important information and a little delusional.
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:04:50 AM

Its clearly a different board rev, are you sure that its actually used beyond a burn in period?
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:08:05 AM

So no cares? Everyone here just talking about fans. I think they are missing the important information and a little delusional.
There are 179 pages in just this thread, and hundreds more (if not thousands) where your so called important information has been exhaustively commented on. You seem to be on a new account (not sure that equates to being new here), so before you castigate anyone and / or lay claim to being the clearest mind on the forum (I concur, being here can muddle your thinking), we are all eyes for your pearls of wisdom!

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:09:52 AM

It's probably from one of their data centers.  They mine with them for a while until the machine paid for itself (not long since cost = manufacturer's cost) and then resell at full retail.

you think that you are the first one who posted this? most people don't care much (maybe a little). If you had a DOA miner or miner with some difficult to reproduce ailment, then it matters. A bit of dust? people here are mostly (not completely) indifferent to this.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:24:40 AM

almost all Antminer will be tested for about 24 hours prior to be shipped out as a part of Bitmain's quality control process.  

On late friday batch could be sit on the test floor over the weekend, may gather more dust than the weekday batch.

We are constantly working on quality improvement and if we can fix the dust in the air, it will be fixed!  

The testing floor has many open windows where outside dust comes inside.  In China, this was same every year and it is SAND STORM month at the moment.  If the miners were tested near the window, there is a chance that it may have more dust build up and if the miners are from the center of the test zone, less dust.

It goes though a belt system and then packaged by hands. (Its not packaged by robot as other electronics)

Shenzhen, China that is where the factory is located and it is just out side of Hong Kong and it is hot and humid at this time of the year.  (Some quality control stickers may have been placed and then slipped as miners being grabbed by hands and then be packaged into the bubble wrap bag, then on to the box, then the box to be taped up.

Bitmain hardware is guaranteed to hash at the advertised rate upon delivery and it comes with 90-day replacement warranty from the shipping date.  We package each miner to withstand strong turbulence and football being played with the package by the carrier but we can't guarantee cosmetic quality control stickers to be in place at the time of the delivery.

Also, BATCH IDENTIFICATION.

PCB version is not the way to identify what batch the miners came from.  PCBs are mass produced ahead of time and being used based on the specific components availability.  There are many different version of S5 hashing PCBs based on the different components and there fore different versions.  (Different print date PCB could be in the mix)

As you may notice, each hashing PCB uses the same little components many times repeatedly and total counts do add up and go though the parts really fast!

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Just three fans available and mentioned, with the cheapest being the thermalright. I have this running on my S5 without PWM in a pull configuration with a stock S3 fan on PWM in a push configuration and my temps struggle to breach the 52 mark during the day (it is winter turned spring ... just), having skirted the mid to late 60's with just the stock S3 in push full pelt!. I can say noise is definitely less than a stock S3 fan running without PWM.
PS. though I run the thermalright without PWM, the maximum the S5 has reported it running is 2400 (despite it being rated at 2500).

Fan  CFM   Noise RPM Depth (mm)
Thermalright  130     45   2500     26.5
Noctua  109.8    43.5   3000     25
Silverstone  171    43.5   2000     38.5

Saying that, I'd swear by these HP Proliant ML530 130mm Fan TA500DC. I have a couple of these running on overclocked S3's in a pull configuration with voltage limited to approx 7v thus less noise. I'll probably be running one (if not both) of my next S5's on these though ....

I was in Microcenter the other day and they had a Delta Fan Delta AFB1212SHE for $20.  Couldn't pass it up since I had one on the truck.  I can't tell the specs of it.  I see several different models on the website: 

http://1stpccorp.com/fan_delta_120mm.htm

I do know it is 1.6A rating, but that's about it.  But like the specs I see.  It also has a 4 pin connector. 

Damn, i missed UPS.  Off to the service center i go.

Well, got my miner.  Hashing away at specs.  It is a new machine.  The delta is pushing and the stock is pulling.  

53/58

Fan 1 - 2880

Fan 2 - 3960

That stock fan is a banshee, glad they are in the basement.  I might just replace the stock fan also

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:29:22 AM

Just three fans available and mentioned, with the cheapest being the thermalright. I have this running on my S5 without PWM in a pull configuration with a stock S3 fan on PWM in a push configuration and my temps struggle to breach the 52 mark during the day (it is winter turned spring ... just), having skirted the mid to late 60's with just the stock S3 in push full pelt!. I can say noise is definitely less than a stock S3 fan running without PWM.
PS. though I run the thermalright without PWM, the maximum the S5 has reported it running is 2400 (despite it being rated at 2500).

Fan  CFM   Noise RPM Depth (mm)
Thermalright  130     45   2500     26.5
Noctua  109.8    43.5   3000     25
Silverstone  171    43.5   2000     38.5

Saying that, I'd swear by these HP Proliant ML530 130mm Fan TA500DC. I have a couple of these running on overclocked S3's in a pull configuration with voltage limited to approx 7v thus less noise. I'll probably be running one (if not both) of my next S5's on these though ....

I was in Microcenter the other day and they had a Delta Fan Delta AFB1212SHE for $20.  Couldn't pass it up since I had one on the truck.  I can't tell the specs of it.  I see several different models on the website: 

http://1stpccorp.com/fan_delta_120mm.htm

I do know it is 1.6A rating, but that's about it.  But like the specs I see.  It also has a 4 pin connector. 

Damn, i missed UPS.  Off to the service center i go.

Delta's are usually screamers. I think I saw the same fan at MicroCenter. It was the only Delta 38mm model there and it even said on the package you may need ear protection when in use for long periods of time.

A lot quieter than the stock.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:37:00 AM

Thank you for the stats!!

52 is a bit warm but it is well in the range.

Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:48:59 AM

Not sure you are thanking me, but I'll accept anyway; You are welcome.
The 52 refered to is the top temp, i.e with that configuration, the temps never go above 52 during the day (and currently  below 48 at night). I actually believed 52 was a brilliant top temp, but I've not had a different temp to compare with as my S5 shipped with a stone dead fan that never turned a fin in anger! I was advised to buy one from the local market (without any hint of irony or any offer for a replacement .... not even a voucher offer!).

MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:08:24 AM

@pekatete,

dead fan, we do offer replacement.  The fans used on Antminer is not an easy one to find as it uses 4 wires and high RPM.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.  Our USA based team can take care of you faster usually and they are available 24/7.

Not sure you are thanking me, but I'll accept anyway; You are welcome.
The 52 refered to is the top temp, i.e with that configuration, the temps never go above 52 during the day (and currently  below 48 at night). I actually believed 52 was a brilliant top temp, but I've not had a different temp to compare with as my S5 shipped with a stone dead fan that never turned a fin in anger! I was advised to buy one from the local market (without any hint of irony or any offer for a replacement .... not even a voucher offer!).

chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:13:25 AM

Hi peeps... i have some question regarding the hashing boards. I've found the following, comparing with dogie's photoshoot:

In this image, i've seen that the new hashing boards come with additional pins, with a 3-bit address and a plug pin. Is this a sign of a coming device with 8 hashing boards? Can i connect 8 hashing boards to the same controller with different address bases?

I suppose those A0, A1 and A2 go to the lower part of the addr pinout of each BM1384 on the hashboard, set by the controller board, am i right? Given that 5 Bits are enough to handle 32 I2C devices, and probably the temperature sensor is on the I2C bus too (or something else i'm missing?).

That would allow direct addressing from the controller board to 256 devices, grouped on 8 different boards, with 32 devices on each board.... makes sense? doesn't it?

Also, the controller board:

Comes with an Altera Cyclone 4 FPGA, does this FPGA do some validation? (like nonce checking, etc?) or is it just to communicate with the I2C devices?

Also, what's the purpose of the RX and TX pins? If there's already an I2C bus, why have another serial port between the controller and hashboards? For what purpose is dedicated the I2C bus and the Serial bus?

Also, what's the pinout of the hashboard beaglebone connector? is there a way to prescind the beaglebones and use a "full" computer to control a lot of S5 hashboards from, say, a linux computer?

So many questions! Sorry Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: