Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:02:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450934 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:48:25 AM

I can tell you that bitmain instead recognize that if there is a fault in their products you change them as collateral, the problem lies in the distance, I am in Italy and last week I sent my pcb for replacement, now I and realized I was stuck in customs, because by mistake my wife has put a value of 100 euro, then surely they contacted the recipient had to pay and he refused, and then was blocked, now I have to wait for Monday to get in touch with and tnt solve the problem, some bitmain could already send me the new pcb, who still has not sent me

Sounds unfortunate but if they are getting broken gear back to them I would guess most are marked as no value.  If it does not work value would be hard to really come up with a number.
gaalx

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:17:39 AM

too, I have a problem with 2 s5.I sent for diagnosis in the Ukrainian Service Center.I report the results.

marvykkio

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:27:22 AM

bitmain must find two solutions for us Europeans, to have material security in Europe, and we can make available to us Europeans to buy products without bitmain we pay so much money for shipping, but especially the customs, that I have to buy in Italy 1x S5 pay,: miner 340 usd + shipping 50 usd, usd 115 + Italian customs.
Total $ 505 for 1x S5. is too much money.

I would be willing to act as a branch in Italy to ship in European union, so people pay only the price of the miner, and the shipment without paying customs tax, and total costs 1x s5 to user $ 390 instead of $ 505 .
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:53:17 AM

bitmain must find two solutions for us Europeans, to have material security in Europe, and we can make available to us Europeans to buy products without bitmain we pay so much money for shipping, but especially the customs, that I have to buy in Italy 1x S5 pay,: miner 340 usd + shipping 50 usd, usd 115 + Italian customs.
Total $ 505 for 1x S5. is too much money.

I would be willing to act as a branch in Italy to ship in European union, so people pay only the price of the miner, and the shipment without paying customs tax, and total costs 1x s5 to user $ 390 instead of $ 505 .

It seems like if they send them to the Europeans they will have to pay vat I would guess whether it be to a person or business.  Is that not correct?

I personally love having miners at home so I can understand you urge to have them.  But I think you might be better off looking for a hosting center with out a vat.   As no legitimate business will do anything to try to get around vat.  It sucks for those with vat but it's your country making that laws not bitmain.
marvykkio

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:07:18 AM

the Italian Government and thief, we have the VAT to 22% and they want to bring to 23%, it means that we Italians are dead, because I have to pay a lot of money miner? I like the rest who have the same problem, I hate the Italian state and shit, and I do not share anything with him, so if I find a way to save bene.se for you no good I think so. Sad
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:13:49 AM

the Italian Government and thief, we have the VAT to 22% and they want to bring to 23%, it means that we Italians are dead, because I have to pay a lot of money miner? I like the rest who have the same problem, I hate the Italian state and shit, and I do not share anything with him, so if I find a way to save bene.se for you no good I think so. Sad

Sadly there is not a good solution.   It is a governmental issue, any legal company will send it through properly which means a vat.

Best solution I can think of for you and others like you is find a hosting center without a vat.  This is really only way.  Bitmain cannot change your laws.  It sucks for miners, but at least there are hosting center options.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:47:08 PM

I can tell you that bitmain instead recognize that if there is a fault in their products you change them as collateral, the problem lies in the distance, I am in Italy and last week I sent my pcb for replacement, now I and realized I was stuck in customs, because by mistake my wife has put a value of 100 euro, then surely they contacted the recipient had to pay and he refused, and then was blocked, now I have to wait for Monday to get in touch with and tnt solve the problem, some bitmain could already send me the new pcb, who still has not sent me

I am sure that you received the letter with same instructions :

Bitmain, Apr 7,

Hi

Please return the following item to the below address in Serbia.  Please mark each
value as $5 each as Dead Electronic Parts.

Please let us know the tracking number after you ship them.  You can use the
cheapest shipping method as long as there is a tracking number.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:42:51 PM

Thank you for watching out for us!!   Cheesy

What country are you located?  Owe you a beer when we meet!

I guessed right Smiley.   I will send my consulting bill in the mail.  

Joking ofcourse.   Have a great day.

I am located in the US.  I got lucky and met a few of your guys at a Chicago BTC conference.   I wanted to go to the New York conference but could not make the scheduling work.

But next BTC conference I see you guys at I will happily go out and get a beer with you guys!

I'll go too and I will buy!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:55:56 AM

I am sure that you received the letter with same instructions :

Bitmain, Apr 7,

Hi

Please return the following item to the below address in Serbia.  Please mark each
value as $5 each as Dead Electronic Parts.

Please let us know the tracking number after you ship them.  You can use the
cheapest shipping method as long as there is a tracking number.

I thought there was instructions I could not remember the amount.  Knew it was not much since it's a non working part.   

On the way to customer I can see it having value as it's working then.  But a dead part does not carry much value, especially 100 dollars.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 06:06:42 AM

For Mother's Day UPS Delivery Delay (USA)

Mother's Day Service

Service Update

April 30, 2015

Mother's Day is on Sunday, May 10, 2015. Due to heavy shipping volume the day before Mother's Day, UPS is making an operational adjustment for Saturday, May 9, 2015. On that day, we will relax the UPS Next Day Air® delivery commitment by 90 minutes.

For areas with a standard commit time of 12:00 p.m., deliveries will be made by 1:30 p.m.
For areas with a standard commit time of 1:30 p.m., deliveries will be made by 3:00 p.m.
UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.® commitment times will also be relaxed by 90 minutes. Delivery commitment times vary by destination ZIP code.

Please note that some Mother's Day shipments may have an end-of-day delivery commitment, rather than the times listed above.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:58:46 AM

Is there any way in software to shut the miner down?

I have some remote boxes that are going to be without internet for about 8 hours tomorrow, I don't want to have them overheat.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:02:19 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 08:18:15 AM by notlist3d

I have some remote boxes that are going to be without internet for about 8 hours tomorrow, I don't want to have them overheat.

You can use software such as M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor.  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596178.0  It can do reboots.  But that is not totally what your looking for.

If you use some of the more advanced features you can set up in certain condition for it to reboot miner.  It will work a lot of the time.  But sometimes a miner does need the power shutdown via PSU to solve a problem.

I'm unsure what are you worried about overheat because of? If there is no internet I would think no hashing so very low heat.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:10:13 AM

no i dont know of any way to turn off the miner completely from software.. just reboot.

you try to SSH into the miner, and do a shutdown -t now

i dunno if that will turn it off tho.. it might put it in a limbo state where you would have to power cycle the psu to get it back on.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 08:27:21 AM

Best be, call the data center you are hosting your miner and request them to power it off, then call them back when the internet is back on to power it on!!

Always, it's better than sorry. 

no i dont know of any way to turn off the miner completely from software.. just reboot.

i dunno if that will turn it off tho.. it might put it in a limbo state where you would have to power cycle the psu to get it back on.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Digitalmocking

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:31:41 PM

Best be, call the data center you are hosting your miner and request them to power it off, then call them back when the internet is back on to power it on!!

Always, it's better than sorry. 

A feature like that would be very nice, like you can do on the Spondoolies boxes.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:14:28 PM

Back when there was scheduled tasks one could put a hashmark before cgminer-monitor that ran every 3 minutes, save,  then send a halt command via ssh.  Without stopping with cgminer-monitor it would restart.  You might try /etc/init.d/minermonitor stop then ssh in and give a halt.  Then check if it starts heating.  Still you'd have a restart issue with linux shut down your ssh session would cease and not leave a reconnection. 

Living out in the hinterland I had been having internet loss problems some years back.  I put an X-10 device on the docsis cable modem and another on the first router.  On a linux system I have a program to ping my DNS every 5 minutes and test if the ping was good.  If not the x-10 would shut off power to the modem and router, time out a period then restart the modem, wait for its usual wakeup period then wakeup the router, wait for its usual wakeup period then test the ping again.  If left to the docsis modems own devices it sometimes would be down an hour mid-week early in the AM.  With this arrangement it's back up  much sooner.  But the internet losses have been much less frequent the last two years.

You may be able to run x-10 devices from a RPi or BBB.  I'm not sure the X-10 devices can handle miner current so you may have to run those to heavy duty relays.  Then when the halt command kills ssh connections and prevents reconnecting, you can ssh to the device controlling the X-10's, kill the power to the miners for as long as you need, then fire them up when ready.
Digitalmocking

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:46:04 PM

Back when there was scheduled tasks one could put a hashmark before cgminer-monitor that ran every 3 minutes, save,  then send a halt command via ssh.  Without stopping with cgminer-monitor it would restart.  You might try /etc/init.d/minermonitor stop then ssh in and give a halt.  Then check if it starts heating.  Still you'd have a restart issue with linux shut down your ssh session would cease and not leave a reconnection. 

Living out in the hinterland I had been having internet loss problems some years back.  I put an X-10 device on the docsis cable modem and another on the first router.  On a linux system I have a program to ping my DNS every 5 minutes and test if the ping was good.  If not the x-10 would shut off power to the modem and router, time out a period then restart the modem, wait for its usual wakeup period then wakeup the router, wait for its usual wakeup period then test the ping again.  If left to the docsis modems own devices it sometimes would be down an hour mid-week early in the AM.  With this arrangement it's back up  much sooner.  But the internet losses have been much less frequent the last two years.

You may be able to run x-10 devices from a RPi or BBB.  I'm not sure the X-10 devices can handle miner current so you may have to run those to heavy duty relays.  Then when the halt command kills ssh connections and prevents reconnecting, you can ssh to the device controlling the X-10's, kill the power to the miners for as long as you need, then fire them up when ready.

Thank you, I wound up just shutting them down via ssh, shutdown -h now worked fine.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:52:12 PM

Thank you, I wound up just shutting them down via ssh, shutdown -h now worked fine.

And how will you restart?
Digitalmocking

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

I have control of the PDU ports, I should be able to cycle them and restart.  If not I'll need to take a drive.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:31:35 PM

I have control of the PDU ports, I should be able to cycle them and restart.  If not I'll need to take a drive.

Ahhh we did not know you had the PDU.  If you have a nice PDU that is a great option as far as turning on/off. 

Most don't have this as a option.  But with that if you can get connected to your network via RDP or teamviewer, that should do the trick to tell pdu to turn on socket.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: